December 19, 2014 | 852 users online

Polishes - Essie - Fiji

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by hipchick1111

This color is just a perfect pale pink. Like others have said, this nail polish can be difficult to work with. My trick is to make sure the brush has a lot of the polish on it, otherwise the results are very streaky.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 1:49:00 AM More reviews by texasgirliee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i love this color. it is a very light creamy pink- it looks beautiful against tan skin in the summer! as other reviewers have mentioned, it is a little tricky to apply because of the consistency- but i love the color nonetheless and will repurchase if i ever run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2009 2:29:00 AM More reviews by kwinki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very nice opaque creamy pink that looks great in the summer. This can be a little tricky to apply as most light colored opaque polishes are so it should be applied quickly with a very light hand to prevent streaking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is such a cute pink color. I receive compliments whenever I wear this color. It's a creamy patel baby pink. Not long wearing but a definite repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by tomje

I like Fiji...but only on my toes. My skin is naturally very pale, and like other reviewers have said, this polish will wash you out like nothing else. But on my toenails, for some mysterious reason, it makes me look very tan. I guess it's the contrast? I applied four coats because I wanted it to be absolutely opaque, but you can get away with three. Lasting power is excellent...I'm on week two with no chips. Would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2008 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Seaweedy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This color is a pale opaque pink, just like everyone says. However, if you have pale skin, steer clear! It will wash you out like no other!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2008 1:44:00 AM More reviews by snowcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a non-shimmery baby pink nail polish at Target, and this color caught my eye. It's an opaque light pink color that has zero sparkles or shimmers in it, which seems to be uncommon for pale pink nail polishes. I adore the color, it's super girlie and feminine, but it's very difficult to apply neatly. It streaks extremely easily and it's hard to build up 3 layers nicely without any smudging, streaking or bubbles. You definitely need to have patience when you're applying this color. It doesn't last that long either, about 5 days for me before chipping. Though I'm very rough with my hands and no nail polish lasts longer than 5-6 days for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 11:33:00 AM More reviews by sammydog1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yay!! This is the color I've been looking for. Most light pink polishes are very sheer, and that's nice when that's what you want. But I was looking for a change to a nice baby pastel pink and I got it.

I love how this makes your hands and toes look tan. Great summer shade. Very classy looking, too. Yes, the color is a very light pink- almost white. (Hey, come to think of it, I'm in a wedding soon and this is the EXACT color of my dress..perfect match!)

I was just fine with just 2 coats, no streaks - because it's a brand new bottle. This does get streaky after a while because it has a white base and it's a thicker polish. You know how white nail polish gets thick really fast? Same principle.

One thing I loved about this is it dried fast to a smooth, perfect finish. I did my nals before going to bed- a big no, no, you'd think. My nails were still perfect when I woke up, no waffle prints, dents or smudges.

Two thumbs up!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by SaraJR

I got this applied as a manicure and was very disappointed! I thought it was a beautiful shade in the bottle but it was so opaque! It looks almost like white out, which a customer at my job who is color blind thought that it was white nail polish. Anyway, I think it would look much better on tan feet instead of my pale-medium hands. It really did nothing for my hands at all. I will avoid this color like the plague.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A very reliable perfect pink for summer days or vacations. I personally think it is rather an intense pink but looks great against a tan on hands or toes.
I usually have it applied in salons so can't comment on application process. Does put me in "I am on vacation" mood
EDIT: bought a bottle and tried to apply it on my own. Boy did it streak!