Essie Fiji

3.5

on 6/23/2010 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I swore off tanning years ago...but with Fiji on my feet, I look so dark! For that alone, 5 lippies :) For a while, I looked around for something like this - very pale, very opaque - but everything missed the mark. Other shades were too sheer, and just looked blah. This one really pops, and is easy to build. Most every week, I try new shades - this is really the only one I ever come back to. A real HG for me.

on 5/5/2010 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This polish certainly put me off essie products!
It was streaky, hard to work with. And refused to dry properly.
The colour was nice but not worth the hassle of it.

on 3/22/2010 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

in general i like essie nail polishes a lot, and i tend to get a bit frustrated/disappointed with light, subtle colors of any brand, as they are never quite opaque enough for me. this one needed a few extra coats but the end result was nice. i probably wouldnt repurchase, just because it isnt perfect and i feel that a staple like this should be, but i think its definitely worth a shot.

on 3/12/2010 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been looking for a nice white/cream/pink opaque polish for a while now. I saw the reviews of this on here and decided that it could be the one....however I was left disappointed. I was expecting an opaque polish with a softness to it, Fiji is too chalky for my liking. I applied two coats and they went on streaky but admittedly I did it quickly.
It's a very vivid colour, so if that's what you're looking for, you'll be happy with this.
I wanted an OPI polish (I think their brushes are better) that covered by tips, but I can't seem to find a good creamy one. If anyone has any recommendations, please send me a msg!

on 2/3/2010 9:54:00 PM

I got this nail polish recently, and as the reviews say before me, this is a great opaque white/pink. It was a debate between ballet slippers and this color. I chose this color because it seemed to pop more.... a bit more opaque, which is what I was going for. I agree with the reviews a few reviews before me. I have light skin and have dark brunette hair. Somehow I feel like when I put this on and it seems to give my hands a bit of a slight tanned look. I will admit when I first got it, I was shopping with my mom and her friend and I couldn't wait till i got home to put it on, I put it on in the car....course it wasn't the best paint job... which is probably why I was worried it looked like I scribbled white out on my hands..... there seemed to be more pros than cons. So I asked for my moms opinion and she said its a great color for me cept for the terrible paint job...:P lol. I do recommend this polish if your looking for a opaque milky pale white/pink color. Somehow I do love the name as well..... and I love fiji water :D. I will definitely repurchase again and again. (when i get a good color i usually don't let go of it too easily).

on 2/2/2010 10:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

The best opaque white-pink ever! I always reach for this in the summer for my toes. It looks great with a tan, covers nicely and lasts a while.

on 1/19/2010 3:20:00 PM

my favorite nail color. i only buy essie products for my nails, as i dont think any other brand has essie's formula's lasting-power. very white-pink in color. looks excellent in the summer, but looks great in the winter too! i am a pale brunette and i wear essie year-round. somehow it makes my hands look "tan" and healthy in the middle of january.

on 11/26/2009 2:25:00 AM

I'm OBSESSED with this color!!! I get mine done at a professional salon, so I don't worry about it being tricky to apply. I get compliments almost every single day when I wear this color. It looks amazing with tanned skin.

on 8/5/2009 7:10:00 PM

great creamy pink. love it

This color is just a perfect pale pink. Like others have said, this nail polish can be difficult to work with. My trick is to make sure the brush has a lot of the polish on it, otherwise the results are very streaky.

Popular Polishes