November 26, 2014 | 1733 users online

Mascara - Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Cocojadore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by saying I am an independant consultant. Not really by choice, I started using fiberlashes after extensions and all the girls had to have it! It really does amplify your lashes above and beyond any mascara out there. I come from a long line of product junkies and don't blink an eye at spending a fortune on cosmetics. This is one product that is truly worth your $35cnd. Here's my cheat sheet apply gel/fiber/gel use your favorite mascara underneath (I like LancĂ´me doll lashes) and don't curl your eyelashes because they end up getting so long they swish back onto your lids and get gel on them! Check out my website magicmascara.ca if you have any questions I'd be glad to help

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by memorylane00

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely LOVE the Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lash Mascara from Younique! The product comes in a nice leather case and is very easy to apply! My lashes have never looked longer and fuller. I put the mascara on first thing in the morning and after working a 10 hour day and stopping off at the grocery store, my eyelashes STILL looked great with NO smudging! I loved it so much, I have recommended it to all my family and friends!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by crimsoncat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Worst mascara I've ever tried. It's clumpy and makes your lashes stick together. I tried it with and without my regular mascara and it just does not work. The fuzz fell all over my face and in my eyes all day. It made my eyes burn and I couldn't get it off fast enough. Horrible product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Cram12310

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just got this mascara duo from my nail tech last night. At first I was skeptical but this morning I am totally convinced. I've only used it twice; once last night after I purchased it (just for a test run) and again this morning. I did use my Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascara prior to use each time but I think I'll try it without to see how it looks. I have no complaints, no clumping, no fibers falling, no smudging/smearing. My length is insane and I LOVE IT!! The other thing I did prior o use was I watched a couple YouTube videos. I read a lot of the reviews one thing I noticed a lot of the negative reviews had in common was the issue of clumping. I am not a make-up artist by any means but I think this could be happening due to over-applying. I think this is one of those products where you have to know your limits. I say if you've still got the products give them another try with fewer applications.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by sphere99

I bought this item because my cousin was starting her business selling this stuff and as much as I hate "pyramid" business ideas I thought hey why not!

I have to say, I am very amazed at the negative reviews. I find it very easy to put on and takes me about 2 or 3 minutes total and looks very good!

The fibers go on easy and even, occasionally it will clump and I take a little comb or if I am tired i just grab it out with my nails but it's never been too much or anything.

For those who say oh the positive's must be selling the item I am not I actually have a FT corporate job thank you very much, if you are leaving negative reviews you must sell Avon!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Shelf2812

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm lucky enough have long, transparent lashes that are miniscule and stick-straight. I usually have to heat up my eyelash curler to get any curl to hold under normal circumstances. I bought this product through a friend, in hopes of regaining the look of full lashes I had in my younger years.

This product, with its many layers, is very wet. Ultimately, any curl in my lashes went away after applying this product. I've practiced using this in many different ways, with poor results. I've tried over an everyday black mascara. I tried using a clear mascara first, and I've also tried using this over bare lashes. The Transplanting Gel by itself is basically just a black mascara with no frills. You apply a thorough coat of the gel and then immediately apply the fibers over it. Ideally, the fibers adhere to your lashes, giving them length. After practicing this at least 10 times, I could never master the technique, and ultimately had fibers in every direction. About half of them would point in the right direction, and the other half would either be perpendicular to my lashes, grouped in fuzzy little clumps, or firmly attached to my nose. I persevered, and was able to get the fibers to attach properly...somewhat.

I was finally able to apply the top coat of the transplanting gel after lots of combing, tweezering, begging, and pleading. However, I lost most of the *good* fibers during the process. My lashes looked okay from a short distance; but were thin, spidery, and unnatural-looking up close. There was no curl, and no definition. Start to finish, this whole process took me 55 minutes. I had little black fibers all over my face and in my eyes. If I had had makeup on before this, it would have been ruined by now.

How did they feel, you ask? Gooey. Unnatural. Sticky. Spindly. In fact, if I touched my lashes at all, they would stick together. Often, the fibers would fall off and stick to my fingers. Great, if I wanted to make pretty hand puppets! If I tried to separate my 3D lashes at all, they would just turn into a gummy mess.

After about 3 hours of wear, the fibers started falling off on their own. I could literally feel them falling onto my cheeks like little black carpet teardrops. I won't even tell you about the night I practiced wearing this, and fell asleep before removing it. I woke up the next morning feeling like I had slept in a sandy carpet factory. Most of the fibers were stuck to my inner eyes, and the gel had dried to the consistency of tile grout. Fortunately, my tears of buyers remorse helped remove the last traces of Moonstruck 3D Fiber Lashes from my cheeks and earlobes. My fingers, however, have never looked so alluring!

P.S. The packaging was nice...like an eyeglass case full of promise.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by katiebug9524

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The reason this brand is so "highly rated" at 3 stars is because I'm sure the raving reviews are written by presenters trying to make people believe in the product. At $30 this mascara is SO not worth it. I'm a make up artist, and I invest in great products. This is a warning for ALL ladies that this mascara is NASTY. If you're going to spend this much, invest in Too Faced mascara or Benefit "They're Real". Heck, my $6 Voluminus lash out preforms it.

This smudged like crazy through out the day, and the fibers were IMPOSSIBLE to remove from my cheeks when I was applying it. It got stuck in my foundation and totally ruined my whole look. I tried lots of things to make it work, but nothing helped. Definitely not sweat or water resistant like it claims.

Save your money, and don't buy into the hype that presenters show you with pictures of hideous, thin, spider lashes… if you love make up at all, you'll hate this crap.

18 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by JenLynne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is AMAZING!!! I had to write a review because of all the negatives I'm seeing and don't agree. I have always used the benefit They're Real plus a few others and while I love that this is better for length and 'pop'.
First off ... The gel IS NOT clear it is BLACK. I wear this product WITHOUT any regular mascara under and it looks great. Now if I put 1-2 layers on it looks amazing and natural....adds length and thickness to my puny lashes. Now....if I go 3-5 layers it starts to look fake and run the risk of it going clumpy so you need to know when to stop! I have found that if you apply your original gel layer than squint your eyes and add the fibers to just the tips of your lashes each time you add the fibers, I've gotten the best results. ALWAYS seal with gel again or THEY WILL fall off!! Most important step right there <- Now you can comb if it gets clumpy without pulling fibers off just need to be careful.
For me these steps are nothing as I used to use 3 different mascaras before to get this same look.....so this is actually less steps for me.
Also....additional info for my review: I know over 100 ppl at my gym who have bought and LOVED this product through 2 presenters with only ONE complaint (crossfit gym...we're all close and love to share opinions so not lying when I say I know all these people loved it) yah...ONE out off 100, and it was because she already had freakish long lashes so the fibers made her look alien. You have to play with the product and learn how to apply to make it work FOR YOU....that's the most important fact I think people overlook. Love it, try it play with it if you get the hang of it you won't be disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by KristiCho

The product comes with two separate tubes. The transplanting gel is good but the fibers (shorter tube) I didn't like. I did like how it didn't make my lashes clump up but I had to apply the product in layers.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Lmrowell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First off, the process to use this product is lengthy - first apply your regular mascara & allow it to dry, then apply the clear gel. While gel is wet apply the fiber lash mascara. Allow fiber lash to dry, then apply another coat of the gel. WAY to much work for a product that after a few hours flakes off leaving little black pieces of fiber all over your cheeks.
I'd also like to mention it does NOT make your lashes fuller. It makes them look long and thin.
It's also quite expensive and it seems to always be on back order.
The only cool thing about it was the case (looks like a sunglass holder!)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No