November 28, 2014 | 1287 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by oatmealcupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

so, you all want to know, does it work?

this is not your top water stuff. its "soft water" enriched with minerals so it gives that hydrating effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by giuliette

Love it love it love it!! is like fresh and soft rain in summer!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't get this product, I really don't. It seems like a bit of a gimmick - ala French mineral spring water in a can. I used it on my sunburn & noticed no difference - just as effective as spraying tap water on my skin really. But it is *expensive* so yeah, I guess that makes it all better.

The bottle is cheap & the spray sorta hits you hard in a fast spritz - the sorta thing you don't want to do directly on your face & near your eyes.

Avene could have done way better with this one. Won't be buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by su1717ie

I do not have much issues with my skin .. Except for the one or two pimple/acne once in a while which will subside pretty fast .. Staying in a hot humid country .. This thermal water helps to keep me refreshed .. Especially after lunch ! Used it as a toner occasionally .. Don't see significant difference other than dewy look after using .. love how refreshing it makes me feels as well ..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by binita24

Price: I bought 2 for AUD 20 for biggest bottles. Would not pay full price, not that Im tight arse but I cannot justify paying as per Australian market mark ups to cosmetic products here

Packaging: Love the bottles however the spray nozzle is bit damaged, doesn't spray evenly. Not a huge downfall however I would like an even spray

Purposes used for: itches, after shave burns, mosquito bites, redness and just like that! I love this product and wonder why dint I use it earlier. Even my hubby loves this stuff now, although he doesnt fully understand the product he just loves the feeling of something sprayed on his face after hot shower.

This product also helps with hydrating my skin on hot summer days when I dont want to wear a moisturiser or lotion.

Overall its great product but wouldnt mind trying other brands out there with similar functionality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes this is water in a spray can. However, where I live the water is 'hard'. I sensitive and dry skin and I use this a lot to soothe my skin when it feels tight or irritated. Normal tap water does nothing to calm my skin when it is red. Which is why I use this. It is also great in the summer. I also spray it over makeup during the day as a refresher. I have used this on the plane because my skin felt so dry from the air inside. I have both the large can and the small travel size in my bag. I get this at Shoppers in Canada and I find the best way to save money is wait until there is a sale on Avene products and buy the largest size can to get the most for your money. I never buy it full price and stock up when there is a sale. I tried LRP's version and I prefer Avene. I find Avene is more soothing for my skin and LRP is more expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by xlana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Since moving from California to New York for school, my skin has made a turn for the worst. The past 6 months have been horrible with consistent breakouts everyday, and before now I never had severe acne. My skin also was never that sensitive back in California, but now it's so irritable and acts up very easily. In a desperate attempt to try to control the acne and soothe my now sensitive skin, I brought a slew of products. I remembered the brand Avene on a couple beauty blogs being holy grails for women with sensitive skin. The spray is what they're really known for.

The product description says it can be used to calm post-acne treatments. It's absolutely right. After slathering on benzoyl peroxide on my spots, it almost instantly calms down the redness. Not only do I use it right after my acne medication, I also use it to refresh my complexion throughout the day when my skin looks dead from all the concealer. I also use it right after I wash my face and before I put on my moisturizer (Emily Weiss from Into the Gloss uses it for this purpose too) and it really helps it sink in (I use JM Argan Oil as my moisturizer).

I got the 5oz can for $11.50 at a drugstore, which I thought was reasonable at the time I bought it (I was desperate to try anything that could potentially help). Even though it works, it's still a tad bit expensive. Still, I'm going to repurchase since it's one of those products that can be used for many different purposes. The next time I'm going to buy the largest size since I use it very often.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by nikiniki9doors

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently had a severe rosacea flare up ... have only ever just had the minor flushing ... but this was horrible it even went into my eye ... water couldnt even touch my skin it was that bad ... so because I couldnt use tap water on my face I bought the spray $22CAD ... it was instantly soothing ... in fact using this instead of tap water on my face .. AMAZING RESULTS .... no more tap water = beautiful soft skin with no redness .. I look like a teenager again! Its amazing what it has done for my skin .... I felt like an arse buying a $22 bottle of spray water but dont knock it until you try it!!! ... I love it so much I felt I needed to come write a review!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by prettyfacades

This is the most 'famous' thermal water. It's ok, but it's not as good as the La Roche Posay or Uriage one.

This one kind of dries out my skin a little even though I don't leave it to dry by itself. It's alright for a pick me up during the day or to calm the skin. In my school, the airconditioning is so cold and makes the air so dry, but the weather outside is so hot and humid. This puts my skin through alot of stress and makes it very prone to redness. I use this to calm down the skin throughout the day.

It does an ok job with the redness. But once I finish this bottle I won't repurchase. There are better thermal waters out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by avironneur

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WHAT IS IT? Spray mineral water
INGREDIENTS: Avène Thermal Spring Water, Nitrogen (serves as a propellant)
HOW DOES IT PERFORM? This is exactly as it sounds - spray water in a can. Why would anyone pay for this? I choose to because I use it to set the mineral powder I wear as a sunscreen and living in an area with very hard water, I find that this calms my skin after washing with the local water supply. Also, the spray provided by this product is much finer than what one can achieve with a standard atomizer or spray bottle.
WOULD YOU BUY AGAIN? Yes although I am open to purchasing cheaper brands of spray water should they become available. I only buy cruelty-free so La Roche Posay (parent company L'Oréal) doesn't interest me even though its price point is lower.
PRICE: $22.50 CAD for 300ml bottle (largest size) lasts close to a month with once daily usage

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No