NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.2

on 8/13/2014 10:41:00 PM

This is my new holy grail for a concealer!
It holds up extremely well when it rains or when I sweat.
I'm pretty much as pale as you can get and Chantilly actually matches my skin tone unlike some other concealers I've tried.
It is also fantastic for covering up my horrible under eye circles!

on 8/12/2014 3:59:00 AM

This concealer reminded me instantly of a Chanel concealer that was discontinued many years ago...I can't remember the name, but my shade was Candlelight, and it was awesome. Anyways...I finally found the Nars RCC at Sephora (constantly OOS, ugh), but then I did and all was good. I chose Vanilla, which is my shade in the concealer stick (love that too)...but after a few months of use, I'm just not loving it. This makes me a bit sad, because I love NARS and I think their line is fantastic in every way. The concealer itself is very nice: creamy, good coverage, easy-to-use (and hygienic) doe-foot applicator, lovely packaging. However, I do notice that throughout the way, it doesn't wear that well on my skin. I don't know if it's because I'm using it on my T-zone (which is where I always have spots to cover) or what, but it looks weirdly thick later in the day, like it's mixing with my skin oils and turning into a weird, paste-like thing? I'm not heavy handed on the application, so I don't know what the deal is. I've discontinued use and I won't buy it again. I really prefer the NARS stick concealer and the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage palette, as both have much drier formulas and don't get cakey. If you have skin that doesn't get too oily, you might enjoy this. I'm glad I tried this product, but it's not for me.

on 8/10/2014 2:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I liked this concealer when I sampled it in the store but after buying it and trying to use it, I don't like it anymore.

I'm asian and on the lighter side of NC20 but my skin tone leans slightly neutral as well. I bought vanilla because chantilly was way too light and the next ones up (Honey/Custard) were way too dark.

This concealer is just way too drying for my undereyes. It makes it look like I have undereye wrinkles........ which is extremely problematic considering that I'm only 17.
Here's a picture (this is actually my eye LOL):

LET ME REPEAT... I AM SEVENTEEN YEARS OLD AND SHOULD NOT HAVE WRINKLES.

Sooo I tried it for my blemishes. The thick and dry texture is perfect for covering imperfections, but my blemishes seriously resurface within an hour or so (yes, I set with powder). This concealer just does NOT last on me no matter how many times I've tried to get it to work.

Needless to say, I returned RCC back to Sephora. I would personally recommend you to buy it (from a store with a nice return policy) and try it out, and if it works - hey great, good for you. If it doesn't, return it.

If price is what's deterring you from trying Nars out, I highly highly recommend Maybelline Fit Me and Mac Prolongwear Concealer! Maybelline's Fit Me is not at all drying for my undereyes and Mac Prolongwear lasts all day on my blemishes. Both of them are significantly cheaper than Nars RCC.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this concealer! It works awesome with the Nars sheer matte foundation. I was currently using the Make up forever full coverage concealer which I really like also but the Nars concealer has become my holy grail. I hope they continued to make it because I plan on purchasing it as long as they do. The only con is the packaging it would be nice if they make it in a tube style instead but other than that I love it!

on 8/8/2014 11:42:00 PM

I made a Makeup Alley account just because this product deserves a 5 star review! Yes, it is on the pricey side but you get your money's worth guaranteed! I have tried a lot of concealer but NOTHING works as well as this product. When taking pictures with flash on, it is obvious that one is wearing concealer. However, with this product, it covers thoroughly and yet blends in so flawlessly.

As for the shade, I think everyone could find an exact match. I use Ginger Medium 2 and it cannot match more perfectly to my skintone. I will continue buying for as long as I live! I haven't tried any other NARS product but will definitely give them a shot now considering how well this worked.

If you are not using NARS radiant creamy concealer, what on earth are you doing?

on 8/8/2014 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I hate the packaging but the actual product itself is amazing.

Long lasting, creamy and easy to blend!

on 8/7/2014 7:15:00 AM

This product has high coverage and never clings to dry patches. It has minimal creasing under the eyes.
Although the texture of this concealer is perfect, the product as a whole comes with many flaws.
I can only speak for my NC20-25 skintone when I say that an exact colour match is near enough impossible in this line. I am not willing to buy a second shade to mix in with Custard because of the cost. Custard is very yellow on my olive skin and takes some work to blend. The other shades in the line are either too pale or have a pink undertone.
I also find the packaging a bit messy and can never tell if I am running low/need to buy another.
In spite of these issues I continue to use the concealer when I am wearing false tan as the yellow undertone blends more easily into my skintone and I really love the end result. If you can find a good shade match, you will not be disappointed.

on 8/6/2014 11:26:00 AM

I just bought it from sephora last week. try it at the store and I like it. it definitely better than the Benifit (Boom) one I bought. good coverage my scars or discoloration on my face and under eye not too bad either. the sales told me to use powder to set it after apply so it wont crease.

on 8/6/2014 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
long lasting
good selection of shades
good for all skin types
medium to full coverage
nice packaging
easy to blend

Cons:
can crack on dry spots
packaging can get messy
pricey

Overall review:
Amazing product! Definitely a must have for my everyday makeup. I have combination skin, I tend to get dry under my eyes and around acne, oily around my cheeks and t zone. It tends to look a bit dry around popped pimples from the day before but around normal acne it's great, also with acne marks/ hyper pigmentation and dark circles it gives great coverage. Would definitely repurchase!

on 8/5/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

A great high-coverage concealer for concealing dark spots, acne scars and other imperfections. It's a little too thick to use for the under-eye, in my opinion. It is fairly pricey, but it gets the job done and a little bit goes a long way.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation & NARS Creamy Concealer - Review and Demonstration by BeautySavers

Top Rated NARS Products