April 18, 2014 | 1790 users online

Concealers - NARS - Radiant Creamy Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

Thank you, mua, for introducing me to this concealer! I had never heard of it until I saw it under the best concealers area while reading reviews for the mufe full cover one. II had a sephora giftcard and decided to order this and a couple other things. I got the color Chantilly, the lightest shade, for my deathly pale skin. It was 28 dollars, an *okay* price, I guess. I wish it was 25 instead, that would definitely lessen the sting in my mind, but for the quality of this, the price could be one million dollars and I wouldn't care.

Shade range: pretty good! They have colors ranging from light (verrrry light, almost white) to very dark. I think most people can find a close match. Also, they have both yellow and pink undertones. Chantilly has a yellow undertone, while Vanilla (second lightest) has a pink.

Packaging: meh, okay. I like the doe foot applicator and the lipgloss style tube. I hate the cap, though. It's that same annoying rubber packaging nars always uses. You know, the kind that gets disgusting after two uses? Yeah, that. It's easy to clean off, but still, it's a bit annoying.

Texture/coverage: a drier sort of cream imo, not 'wet'. I use the revlon cs whipped foundation (color 110 if you care), and this isn't as wet as that it. If you've tried cs whipped you probably know what I mean. It's blendable, doesn't settle into any lines, and is thick enough to be medium to full coverage for me, but not cakey, which is a truely amazing feat.

Lasting power: all day for me. I use this on blemishes, hyperpigmentation, and my undereye circles. I look seriously flawless with this on, from morning till night.

Overall: HG concealer. I used to love coverblend by exuviance multi function concealer (that's a mouthfull!) but since switching to a better foundation match, I needed something even lighter. But I still prefer the formula of this one, the Nars concealer, to that of coverblend. I love this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by marymary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Three stars isn't much but it's the only concealer I've bothered to review as it does at least make some difference. I tried touche eclat which made minimal difference, and a cheap collection 2000 copy which was marginally more effective than touche eclat, and benefit boing, which just sits on top of the circles, with the circles still showing through.
I didn't use to have any circles at all until my forties. What I have is not that noticeable except under certain lights/angles when I find them to be a very dark and grey/blue. Under those conditions, my circles still show through the NARS but it's lessened by about 25%. Under "good conditions" the coverage is more like 60%.
I am a light to medium asian and got Honey. Custard, which is more yellow, was not quite as brightening.
Texture is okay, not cakey.
I guess if I put on A LOT of this concealer then it would be more effective at hiding the circles but then I would look as if I was wearing a lot of concealer!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by HinataSama

I love this concealer. It is Just. Amazing. Covers it all! Looks like Skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 5:12:00 AM More reviews by nanhemay

I love this concealer. I love it. I love it. I love it. I LOOOVEEEE IT. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEE It. If you haven't noticed, I really love this concealer. Why?
BECAUSE ITS AMAZING! Duh Doi. Sorry. Im just so happy. I have finally found my HG Concealer!!!!

I have TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE DARK CIRCLES. Not to mention my NC20-25 Skin just Makes it the highlight of my face . I have quite pretty eyes but my dark circles make me look tired...all the time. Mine are hereditary so sleeping more doesn't help. I have considered getting fat injections under my eyes but Ain't No Body Got time For that. So i was on the Quest, to find the one...the one concealer. that will cover. Look like my skin. Wont crease. and last all day............................This is it... I Have found it... the SEARCH IS OVER! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!

Now since my dark circles are terrible, it won't conceal them 100% Maybe around 75-80% Which is ALOT. Especially considering this is liquid. I have used concealers that give me 100% However they always look cakey, always crease and look dry. I purchased this in the colour Custard for my purple dark circles. And it is perfect :D

The Only thing i hate..is the price. It costs $42 In AUD. Thats SUCKS. Why Australia WHYYY! Oh Well. Im too in love with this concealer to care. I think our relationship will last a very long time :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

NARS really can do no wrong! I am always impressed with the quality of NARS products and this is no exception. I would rather have a couple of good quality, expensive items than lots of cheap drugstore impulse buys which end up in a box somewhere. Thats how I justify the price!

I was repurchasing my sheer glow foundation in Deauville (NW20) and decided to try this concealer as I had heard good things. I chose the shade Honey, which looks sort of scary orange tone in the packaging but blends out nicely. Before this I was using MAC Studio Finish concealer and this really does have more staying power and similar coverage. I have been using Bobbi Brown Extra Repair eye cream for the last year and I think it works well with this product.

I do recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by slimm

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I guess this is proof that different products work for different people. I do not like this concealer at all. I find it goes on thick, is hard to blend and settles in fine lines. I wore it every day for over a week and I wore eye cream under it. I am returning it to Nordstrom. I am going back to Dior Skinflash, which I love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in Light 2 and it really brightens my NC20-25 complexion. I have hereditary dark circles and this takes care of them pretty well. It doesn't cover them completely but the highlighting effect takes your eye away from the dark. It applies smooth and even. Its buildable. It stays put pretty well although not all day. I did experience some creasing. It has not irritated my super sensitive eyes and I wear contacts.

My only complaint is the price is really stupid. For this reason, I would not repurchase. I think half price would be more appropriate. If it didn't crease, lasted all day, completely covered my circles the price would be worth it. My tube is about 3 months old and I use it every day. It does work well as a highlighter.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by katyreads

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am super-impressed by this concealer - mainly because as others have said, it literally lasts all day. I can even do a gym session at lunchtime, be covered in sweat and not need to retouch it - amazing. One benefit for me is that it seems to work well for both under eye and on blemishes. Often you're told you need two different concealers for these jobs which I resent as it is so expensive and I think unneccessary! I also use it around my nose where I normally get redness, on quite a large area, and it blends perfectly, even though I have somewhat dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Nocturnefata

This stuff is pretty great. I had it put on me by an SA and I didn't put it on myself. She used more then I would have and the tube was very dried out plus she didn't blend it much. However, my circles were greatly diminished( like 75% gone which is huge) and my TT's were not nearly as prominent. It was slightly cakey and did crease after 12 hours of wear but only slightly in the area concealer always does on me. In the winter time I wear Siberia in Nars SG though it's slightly too yellow but it cancels out my ruddiness and I was matched to Vanilla which was perfect for under eyes canceling out the blue-red-purple. I don't think I could use it as a blemish concealer or even around my nose. I'd need Chantilly for that. They were out of both colors. I have a feeling that had I been using a fresh tube and did it myself it would have been flawless! As soon as money allows this will be a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Lyra16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

**Photo to be added very shortly after August 1st 2013**

Short version: This concealer has impressed me and exceeded my expectations for a natural-looking awake under eye area. It is feather-light, blend-able yet build-able, natural shades, crease-less for most. Without a doubt, I strongly recommend this concealer!

More in-depth review: For skin compatibility, as this may help, concealers that have worked best than most with my skin, yet still had some flaws, are: Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour concealer, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealers and Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer. I use Bobbi Brown corrector in light bisque very lightly underneath concealer.
What makes this Nars concealer the winner for me is that it matches my skin perfectly. It also blends like a dream. No concealer has ever looked perfectly believable on me. My skin tone is not porcelain white; it is a neutral light creamy colour and most concealer shades are too pink or too yellow-toned. (corrector does the colour correcting, the concealer should look like your skin or you will notice it) I am always in between the lightest and second lightest drugstore concealer. One is too light and ashy and the other is a little dark and noticeably yellow/orange. This usually leaves me trying to mix two different shades. If you are in the same boat, Light 2 (Vanilla) is truly perfect. It is actual skin colour and to me more of a neutral and anyone with light skin colour with either cool or warm tone could even get away with it. You know how nice it is to spend less than 2 minutes on concealer as opposed to 10 minutes on average in the mornings? No? Than try this! -if you want to. To go further in depth, I have hereditary under eye circles (plus faint muscle protrusion right above the darkest part making it look darker) along with a combination of red, blue, and purple bruise-like colours surrounding the area. I know no concealer will fully conceal the indent thanks to the slight shadow and filling it causes cakey-ness and I have been there... This made me realize shade matching is so important and this concealer makes it look like I have ideal under eyes that I could ever ask for. No concealer is crease-less yet because it is true to real skin colour it appears less noticeable when it does crease.
This concealer barely creases as in -put your nose against the mirror and then you will notice it- and because of that it has creased the least for me out of all of the concealers I have tried. I am sure powder would make it 100% crease-less but it is so minuscule that I won't bother. It also feels the lightest and most natural, while still giving the best natural looking coverage. That is what I look for in a concealer. Not to mention it lasts through a work day and then some. When touch ups are required it meshes with the old so smoothly whereas I find many concealers start to look cakey when I touch up, or it just no longer meshes well with what is already on. I am so happy to have stumbled upon this!

**From my personal experience and for those that are new to concealer, I do not recommend going shades lighter than your skin tone even though many people say to go many shades lighter. Always go faintly lighter as opposed to darker than your skin tone if you can not find an exact match, however; a shade or more lighter will always result in reverse raccoon eyes and 'look' like you brightened your eye area. If it does not blend in with your skin, it will be noticeable. You will also spend too much time trying to blend a concealer that is too light which tugs at the delicate eye area and will make you feel like you need even more concealer. Not to mention it will leave you dreading bright or sunny lighting or camera flashes. Test this out: any foundation or concealer that matches your skin tone will look faintly lighter under the eyes any ways as it faces up towards light for the most part. That is the most natural. Concealers have some light-reflecting properties already... you don't want high-beams under your eyes! If you would prefer to look natural and awake as though you do not need to wear concealer, I recommend matching concealer as close to your real shade as you can.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No