July 30, 2014 | 2073 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Cream Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Kianaa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

When i saw this i wanted to give it a try since i use a lot of this lines products. For the first week it was wonderful, it went on smoothly. It did not itch my skin as some foundations can. And it seemed to stay put for about 6 hours..which i had to touch up. But going into the second week i noticed whiteheads..oh no, also it became very muddy looking on my skin..even tho i am in my mid 50's my skin is still a little oily(which is a good thing according to my dermatologist, something about keeping the wrinkles at bay)...so stopped using the foundation..breakouts are all gone and my skin is back to normal...went back to my old foundation(Covergirl outlast)which actually lasts all day for me. This was not a foundation for my skin(combo)type. But hey you gotta try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by PunkyBrewster444

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Hello fellow makeup lovers! This is my first but not last review. I am 42 years old, I have normal skin in summer and combo to dry skin in winter. I am a Cosmetologist, now a Nursing Assistant. I have tried and wasted a ton of money on products of all kinds. When I was in my teens up to my early 30's, my skincare line consisted of Proactive. The best IMHO for me. Now besides the occassional monthly pimple, or eating too much peanut butter, or chocolate, my new problem is a little dry in winter as i said. Combo in T-zone. I am a budget buyer however I splurge once in a while, despite my husbands opinion.(Love U sweetheart). I have tried everything for foundations. The best for a woman who works hard and sweats running around, working as a float in a hospital,stayproof foudation that does not run, smudge, or looks cakey is the Wet N Wild CoverAll cream foundation! I know, what? A $3.00 foundation?! YES! My color now is 818, light/medium. AWESOME! It gives a great coverage,even under my dark circle area underneath my eyes! The coverage looks nlike an airbrush application,it is creamy, not really a smell to it. I am speaking from my heart and compliments from many nurses,doctors,patients,people at stores. It doesn't break me out at all. My husband even tells me,"wow you look absolutely beautiful"! Who doesn't want to hear these compliments? This foundation is better than the Mk matte foundation, that runs off your face,imho. You don't even need to use a powder, but I do and I will tell you ladies, you have nothing to loose. Give it a try, save your receipt..if you don't LOVE this product, bring it back. I have been using it for 4 months..LOVE IT! Give it a try, you will love it I will do other reviews about primer, powder,concealer,ect.! Good Luck, hope to see other reviews after this post! Enjoy! R ; )

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by MilenaBR

Even after reading and watching a lot of good reviews for this product on the internet, I was a little skeptical. Well, it's all true. The texture is very creamy, light and velvety. The finish is beautiful, slightly satin and very natural. It easily lasts all day for me (on a normal, not too hot and humid day. I'm yet to see how it performs in the Summer). It's not drying for my 41 year old maturing skin, nor it accentuates my fine lines. I don't know how it would hold on the oily t-zone I get in the Summer. Guess I'll have to update you on that when it's time.
This foundation is so easy to blend, you can chose your hands, a dense stippling brush, a beauty blender, any of those will work.
Now, I wouldn't say this is a full coverage foundation, but a solid medium. I don't build it, I can never make it not-cakey when I try to build up foundations.
For your reference, I'm NC30ish and I got the shade Medium/Tan, which is a tad bit too dark, but totally workable. It' definitely has yellow undertone, which is good. It didn't oxidize on me. It din't break me out. It doesn't smell of anything. It comes in a squeazy tube, which is not great but is alright. I can't really say anything bad about it. It's the perfect everyday foundation. I recommend you try it!
Yes, I will gladly repurchase it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMeggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing!! I've used tons of foundations and when I ran out I needed something cheaper than my go-to so I bought this at Walgreens for $4 on a whim and WOW. I will definitely be buying again, coverage is medium to full and I have super oily skin but this lasts all day!! LOVE IT!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by 1alexa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. I wouldn't say it is comparable to high end like many reviewers have said. The price is CHEAP which is nice, but sometimes you do get what you pay for. The color selection is not good. It is either very pink or very yellow. I have fair skin but with more of a yellow undertone so I chose I believe the nude color. It oxidized a lot so I looked yellow orange and my mom even commented on this that it was too yellow. As far as the texture that was nice and the coverage was not bad. I did not break out either. I had this particular foundation with me when I went on a recent vacation and in the pics I looked ok but a tad orange. So maybe if I tried a different color it might work better for me but i just didn't want to waste my time. I can see this product being amazing for some if they find a color match because the price is so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can literally claim that I have used hundreds of brands of foundation. My skin is oily and almost NC30/35 but not as yellow. I have some olive in my skin and the best match of color is usually in the tan area. I bought this in Medium Tan for $2 from Rite Aid. The shade looked darker in the tube. When I bought it, I did not have high hopes. I tried it on my primer and loved it. The coverage is buildable. I have also used this without the primer and despite my skin oiliness, I have been happy as to its staying power. The shade of Medium Tan is so complimentary that I have never been able to find it in another brand. The texture is beautiful and soft. It does not get into the pores or fine lines and make them larger or exaggerated. Totally recommend this to all!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I don't like foundations, especially liquids. Even the nicest brands--Chanel, shiseido, MAC, all fail to seem worth the money and hassle. It was with a bit of hesitation that I decided to jump on the WnW foundation wagon, but i'm powerless in the face of a good deal. I am pretty pale, cool-toned (NW20 is a perfect match,) and I initially purchased the lightest shade (fair.) It was way too pale. Mixed with the next shade up (light/pale,) it's a good match, and a step up coverage-wise from my tinted moisturizer/MAC face & body fdtn. When I set it with MAC MSFN powder, the effect is perfect. Like my skin, but much much better. The packaging is *ideal*, IMO. Love the sanitary squeeze tube, and its clear, so you know how much is left. I have combination, dehydrated, acne-prone skin, and I do not believe it has broken me out.

The shade range is pretty pitiful, and it does require occasional touch ups. I apply with my real techniques brush, but i think a foundation brush may be even better if you'd like more coverage. If you can mix and match to your shade, do it. It is the only liquid foundation (especially drugstore,) that I've enjoyed applying in years.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by ExoticAlbino

I avoided this for the first couple of months it was on the market after having a bad experience with the setting powder from the Coverall line. What a shame, because this stuff is awesome. I wish I found it before spending literally hundreds of dollars on high end foundations. Wet N Wild's cream Coverall foundation blows MUFE & Nars out of the competition. I am not impressed by the low price...yeah, it's awesome I only paid $4, but that's not the reason I love this stuff. I would have paid $50 for these results.

For what it's worth, I really like Revlon's Colorstay foundation. I still do, but this has taken its place. You can cover giant imperfections or you can sheer Coverall fndt out. Its coverage is very buildable, & best of all - it looks like my skin. It applies so smoothly! My ex is very critical of the make up I wear & he wasn't even able to tell that I had foundation on. Amazing, since everything else on the market tends to look obvious on me.

Now for the cons - Wet N Wild.....not all pale girls are cool toned! There's only one pale shade (Fair) & it has pink undertones. If you move one shade up to Fair/Light 116 you are looking at NC20. I am NC10 & although Fair *is* light enough for me, the undertone looks sickly on my warm skin. For the quality, I can look past this flaw. My best advice for anyone in the same scenario is try using a very warm toned powder to set it & neutralize the pink. The other con I've found is that this is NOT the best foundation for us oily skinned gals. Without an amazing setting powder I could not ever wear this here in hot, humid Dallas. Tip: The only powder I've found to set this properly is Palladio rice powder. I am now able to go 6 hours without looking like a greaseball, before I would have lasted 3 hours max.

*EDIT*: This just doesn't hold up to the summer heat. So I will resume using it in the winter OR when I have a serious break out & need the extra coverage. It is a good foundation, even though not HG material..I'd still reccommend it to all.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Keribell74

First off I loved this foundation! The fair shade matched my fair yellowed undertones skin so perfectly, blended beautifully, and the best part it was so inexpensive and the packaging was compact. It was my HG foundation up until I broke out like crazy.. My skin care routine hasn't change, except my foundation.. I gave this a 4 because aside from it breaking me out I loved it. Maybe it can work for someone with less acne prone sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by hmhanke89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation...for the first two hours I have it on. After that I look greasy, oily, yuck. I used Coverall with a primer, mattifying gel and powder, yet that still didn't help. I think I'll stick to my Revlon Colorstay. I'm sad because I LOVE WnW eyeshadows, but this product just didn't work with my oily skin. I'll probably hang on to it and try it one more time in winter to see if the results are any better.