January 31, 2015 | 700 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Cream Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Wintersvixen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is the best hands down.This is my new HG and I never plan to stray.I got tons of compliments on how great healthy and vibrant I looked wearing this.I'm NC25 in MAC and Medium/tan in this which seemed to be the only non pink based color out of all of them.Wow this stuff is amazing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Kytanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has to be one of the best cheapie foundations I've come across. I had to switch to this when Purestay was discontinued, and I had wanted to try something other than powder foundations anyways. From my experience slapping this one with your fingers does well, also with a brush, but I haven't been able to try a sponge. I suppose it would depend on how your skin reacts to products. It has pretty good coverage, more so than I expected from something so cheap.

My only real complaint is, as usual, the packaging. It spits out product whenever I open it. If you have something to transfer the foundation to I'd recommend doing so. The packaging and the like isn't enough to keep me from using this, or buying this again. I use this with the powder of the same line/brand. Absolutely loving them.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by 902nikki902

I am going on 31yrs of age therefore my skin is beginning to show signs of aging. I have very large pores around my nose and hormonal acne. I've tried 90% of drug store foundations and 95% of mac's foundation and this little gem is the only one I reach for and bought a backup of. My skin is extremely oily in the t-zone so powder is a must for me but this foundation doesn't settle into pores like others tend to do and it gives youth to my skin. I adore it! And for the price, 3.97CD, it won't hurt the bank to give it a try. Ps my winter shade in Mac is NC 30 and I'm in medium/tan in the coverall, this shade seemed to have the truest yellow undertones. Hope that helps. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I really loved how this looked on. The consistency was pretty creamy and thick. I could get medium to full coverage out of it for sure. The color selection is limited, so I bought the lightest shade and the next lightest shade, mixed them, and got a wearable shade for myself. I didn't notice any obvious smell which was nice. The finish is definitely not matte. No where does it say that this foundation is oil free either. My skin gets pretty oily and it didn't take long for my face too look disgustingly oily with this on. I also got two cysts on my chin after wearing this daily (washing it off every night) for 5 days. I won't repurchase. I'm glad I saved the receipt, back to CVS they go!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Lovelylizzie

I've been rotating foundations between wnw coverall, covergirl outlast, and revlon colorstay. Revlon colorstay used to be my go to until I realized how badly it suffocated my skin which congested my pores greatly. I kicked it to the curb because the new formulation looks even more cakey on my dull acne prone skin. Wet n wild coverall does not cake up whatsoever and has really great looking coverage. It does not last as long as revlon or outlast does but it looks superior to the overs skin wise. Outlast transfer and looks all crumbly and gooey on my skin if I rub it ( attached to dead skin cells?) and it also oxidizes a bit making me look orange. Wnw is now MY HG FOUNDATION. Loving it.

UPDATE:
Used to have five lippies, but taking one off because it does not last very long. i put on my foundation at 6am and at 4pm all of my acne scars and spots show through. This is not the case with the other foundations i mentioned. But it still looks so good on skin.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by colorcollapse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this foundation because I saw some excellent reviews and it was incredibly cheap. This is a very heavy coverage foundation. I found that it sticks to dry spots and doesn't quite blend completely because of how thick it is. I don't need such a high-coverage foundation so I may just use this as concealer. Might be great for someone who needs a high coverage foundation and has slightly oily skin. Not the foundation for me but it's really inexpensive and has potential for the right skin.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was always skeptical of Wet 'n' Wild products, until I discovered the gem known as the Walking on Eggshells eyeshadow palette. Pleasantly surprised, I didn't think I had much to lose with this purchase considering it was about $4. I have acne prone skin with hyper pigmentation and scarring, and I tan straight from a bottle. I find that fake tanning is tricky, especially on the face, so most of the time I just don't bother and then try to compensate for the dark coloring through a very thick foundation. I was actually quite shocked at the coverage on this. One layer was enough coverage for my whole face, with an extra layer on my chin/jaw line/areas where I need a little extra coverage. I bought this in Medium-Tan, and the color is great. Not too dark, but not too light either. Fabulous coverage and its so easy to do in just one step instead of me mixing foundations like I normally do. My only gripe about this is the packaging, I wish it had a flip top where you could squeeze the product out of a smaller hole and where you didn't have to unscrew the top every time. I also have really oily skin and I find that this isn't the best at controlling shine or staying on my skin for long periods of time. I'm sure a primer could change that though! Excellent product :) and this is also $1.99 right now on Walgreens website! Definitely worth a shot!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by troydelway

I bought this based on the reviews here on MUA. I rarely wear foundation anymore, but thought I'd give this a try. As a foundation, it is more than decent. In fact I liked it a lot. It's thick, but if applied with wet fingers, it spreads very easily. Heavy coverage, but not mask-like and after a few minutes, the better it melded. It looked pretty great. I'm MAC NW20ish and the lightest color was pretty good as it blends after a few minutes. I didn't mind the smell, like in some reviews and the price is AWESOME!

Those are some pros and now for the CON. It's only one but the reason I WILL NOT buy this again. THE PACKAGING SUCKS! I'm not one for glamorous packaging, but I did have misgivings when I picked up this simple tube -- it is too "stiff" for lack of a better word, like there was too much pressure build up or something. Well, I unscrewed the top and pulled off the foil and foundation oozed out all over the place and would not stop! I tried to wipe off the neck and put the top back on. The next time I tried, I thought that there might be enough space in the tube that the pressure would be lessened. I had even kept the tube flat on my vanity. Same thing. Each time I opened the foundation, at least 1/8th teaspoon would spill out. It is a mess and a waste. It is so awful that I will not buy it again until they change the packaging. I was thinking of decanting it into another container and I probably will but having it constantly squirting out is too much . . .

Too bad. It's a nice full-coverage foundation and very inexpensive too.

6 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by SPAYnNEUTER

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Kind of drying but great coverage. Took my senior pictures wearing this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

A couple of days ago, I was on the Makeup Alley Message boards asking for a recommendation for a full-coverage foundation that still looks natural, not cakey or heavy. One of the recommendations I received was for this foundation. I read the product reviews and was shocked to read the positive reviews.

To say that I was skeptical about this foundation is an undertstatement. I will be the first to admit that I am super picky when it comes to foundation. One of the few I've tried that I actually like is MAC Matchmaster foundation. I like a lot of things about it, but I don't like how it tranfers and that it melts into a mess when you sweat.

I have used a few other supercheap foundations and ended up removing them shortly after applying and tossing them in the garbage. Some of my least favorite foundations are Hard Candy Glamoflage, NYC Smooth Skin Liquid Foundation, Maybelline Fit Me Foundation, and L'Oreal Paris Infallable Never Fail Makeup. I live about 2 blocks from a grocery store that sells Wet N Wild foundations. I was hesitant to even try this foundation, but I figured if I hated it, and honestly, I thought I would, I could just throw it out. I would only be about $4. So I figured I really had nothing to lose. So reluctantly, I bought a tube.

I was also skeptical because I tried and hated the Wet N Wild Ultimate Match Liquid Foundation. I applied it, removed it shortly after, and tossed it in the garbage. I honestly thought the same thing would happen with this foundation. I've found that a lot of the time, when it comes to foundation, you get what you pay for. So I wasn't expecting a whole lot from a $4 foundation. There is nothing fancy about the packaging. Just a simple squeeze tube. There is also a very limited shade selction. A lot of people might not like that, but I wish more foundations did that. There are only 4 shades. I bought shade 819 Medium. I was more than a little nervous when I first squirted out this foundation. It looks very thick. I was expecting it to be very greasy and heavy on my face. But it isn't at all. In fact, it's very creamy and easy to blend. It's also very buildable. A little goes a long way. I was amazed when I saw the end result. It has good coverage and looks natural. It feels very light on your face. It also doesn't oxidise the way the Matchmaster does. You can't even tell you have it on. It also covers everyhing I want to cover. Medium is also a perfect match. I applied this with my Pop Beauty Primer and finished it off with my Cover Girl Loose Powder. I also applied it with my fingers.
In my opinion, there is only one minor negative. The smell. The smell is more than a little offputting. It smells like paint or a chemical. But it doesn't last long. You don't even notice it once it's on. But I thought I would mention it.

I never in a million years thought I would say this, but I think this foundation gives my MAC foundation a run for its money. The past few days, I've been alternating beteween this and the Matchmaster. As odd as it sounds, I think I actually prefer this. The coverage is better, you need less, and the color is a much better match. I've realized that the Matchmaster is just a touch too orange. Not to the point where I'm embarassed to wear it or anything. But when I compare the color match to the Coverall, the Coverall is definitely a much better match. Who would have thought I'd prefer a $4 foundation for a $31 foundation Not me. That's for sure. I applied in this morning about 8 a.m. and it still looks great. Normally foundation wears off very quickly (especially on my nose and the areas around my nose. This one hasn't. My skin is extremely oily and also very sensitive. I have a lot of issues with being allergic to cosmetics. Even some high end ones make me itch (Estee Lauder Double Wear for instance). Even more so with super cheap foundations. Amazingly, this one hasn't made me itch at all. Which for me, is HUGE. I would definitely repurchase this. In fact, I just walked back to the grocery store and purchased two more tubes. Highly recommended for people with very oily skin. This is hands down the BEST drugstore foundation I've used so far. I hope it is never discontinued. Give a try you won't be sorry.

28 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No