October 1, 2014 | 1131 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Decobalgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Luuuuuurve!!! This is going to be utter blasphemy and sacrilege to the Asian BB cream purists, but this new Tarte BB is my favorite of all BB creams so far, and has dethroned my Missha BB cream. Goes on smooth, evens out skin tone, makes you look flawless without being detectable on the skin, leaves a lovely finish. Some have noted that it's too drying, but I didn't have a problem with that. The first time I tried it (at home, not for going out!), I put a super moisturizing cream on half of my face, and nothing on the other side. The only difference was that the moisturized side had more of a glow, and the other side looked more matte. I have combination and historically oily skin, that is now tending more dry. I liked both applications.

I really love how this feels and looks on my skin. I wear it alone, without any additional foundation on top, although I might swipe some powder over it depending on my mood. If you don't want fuller coverage, this works great on its own.

FYI, a 4 shade sample card arrived with my order of the full size in medium. When I looked at the sample colors, I kicked myself for having bought the medium (I'm normally medium skin toned) instead of the light, since the sample of the light, seen through its little plastic container window, looked like the perfect match for my skin. Don't go based on that alone, as it can be deceiving. I tried both the light and the medium on my face, and the medium was by far the better match.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by akpd

For reference, I have combination/oily skin. My forehead, nose, cheeks tend to get oily though out the day, and I have dry areas around my nose, mouth. My skin is very acne-prone, and I have many acne scars (mostly on my forehead).
I don't like to wear foundation. I used to just wear moisturizer, primer on my t-zone, concealer, and powder... but I was looking for something that would last longer, even out my skin tone, minimize my pores, as well as provide a bit more coverage.. AND TARTE'S BB CREAM IS AMAZING. It feels so silky-velvety as I apply it with my fingers (the velvety finish lasts all day). I dust some powder on after I apply it, and it lasts for at least 12 hours without having to touch up or use any oil blotting sheets. My forehead is a shade darker than the rest of my face, but this evens out my whole face. I used to use a ton of concealer to cover my acne scars, but I don't even feel the need to do that when I wear this BB cream (I just put a second layer of BB cream on wherever it's needed, because it has buildable coverage!). The first time I wore it, I noticed that it accentuated the dryness around my mouth, nose, and a few spots on my face... so I just put a little extra moisturizer on those areas before applying this and the problem is fixed! It makes my skin look so good- but in a natural way! I'm in love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by tressab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This makes me look like I have beautiful skin. I do need a moisturizer with it, but it gives my skin such a smooth appearance and doesn't settle in my wrinkles, that I don't mind the extra step. Plus, it doesn't break me out!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't like this at all. Maybe if they marketed this as a mattifying primer...but not a BB cream. It dried my face like the sahara and accentuated every dry patch on my face....and my skin really isn't that dry. I don't think it spread that great and my skin just looked horrible and I used smaller then a pea-size amount. I just think if it's a BB cream, I don't want to moisturize first, I want my BB cream to do that as well as the other "miraculous" stuff it's supposed to do. It's supposed to simplify my life....not make it more complicated... lol. Anyway, maybe if you have super oily skin, this stuff would be great....but not for me.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by SandyHoney10

I love this product. I, too, am new to the BB cream and this one works so well for my over 60 skin. It does not sink into lines, which I have quite a few of, and makes my skin feel and look great. It actually is improving my skin alot. It goes on smoothly and lasts a long time for me. I am very satisfied with the look from this. A definite keeper for me. Sometimes I use the Tarte blush stick over it, sometimes not. Either way it really is working for me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by indianagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this. Better than any other bb cream that I've tried. I get it in light, and it matches me perfectly without any orange. I apply a small pea sized amount after moisturizing, and it spreads quickly and evenly. Covers most redness and diminishes the appearance of pores. If I have red marks from blemishes I do need a bit of seperate concealer, but that is all. If I'm not doing much I will leave it there, but if I'm going out I follow with a SMALL amount of foundation, as this seems to help my makeup go on much smoother and with much less product. The tube is great and dispenses just the right amount of product. Price is a little on the high side, but as this will replace my sunscreen and primer and will reduce the amount I'm paying in foundation then I'm okay with it. Best of all it doesn't break me out like most other primers. Will repurchase. EDIT 2/11/13: So sad, but I had to stop using this. Dried me out really badly after a couple of weeks, no matter how much I moisturized prior to applying it. this has to be just for oily skin, not dry or combination. Thank God for Sephora's really great return policy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this! Got a sample from ULTA that came with all 4 colors and light works perfectly on my NC20 skin tone. I use this as a base for my Bare Minerals Ready foundation and it works like a charm.

Nice coverage, smooths out my pores and makes my face look fresh and even toned.

The SPF 30 and easy travel tube are what sold me. I'm going to buy the full size when my sample runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by JoriKellow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this from Sephora in Fair and Light a couple days ago. So far I've only worn it twice and I'm in love. The one thing I don't like about it is that it makes dry patches stand out, but after an hour or two it isn't as noticeable. The colour Fair matches my skin perfectly. I tried Light this morning and I looked like an Oompa Loompa so I took it off. I really like it. It doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything on my face, and it definitely is light coverage, but I'd imagine it's pretty build-able. I can't even see my pores, and it covers up minor dark spots from acne fairly well, though I like to put a concealer over it. The consistency seemed really thick, but it's very smooth and light. When I put it on the back of my hand, I noticed it had sparkles in it (must be from the diamond powder), so I was kind of unsure about putting it on my face, because I thought it might make me look oily. But it looks amazing. I wouldn't say that it keeps my oil at bay for twelve hours; more like 5-6 (when worn alone), but with a powder I think it would probably last for twelve hours.
All in all, I really like this, and I'm shocked because this is the first BB Cream I've ever tried. I'm definitely going to buy the full one, and I probably won't wear it everyday, but I absolutely love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by laladerk

Amazing! I have tried numerous BB Creams now (Garnier, Dior and Smashbox) this one is absolutely amazing!! While other bb creams made my skin oily, this one mattified it and looked much better than some medium coverage foundations that i have had in the past. Non shiny application, my skin looked and felt like satin. It is definitely worth the price and one of the best products I've tried in years.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by oliviasMUA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this stuff for about a week now, and here are my observations:
If you have dry skin with little to no problems with foundation staying on, you're probably not going to need/like this. If you have oily skin, this stuff could change your life. It has for sure changed mine.

I think I can speak for both skin types pretty well. I have a pretty oily t-zone that needs blotting/powdering at least once with Colorstay, colorstay whipped, almay tlc, covergirl outlast 3-in-1, MUFE hd, Laura Mercier, Kat Von D, etc. All of those foundations are great but my oil will still surface around one o'clock. (I am a long-wearing foundation junkie).

In stark contrast, my cheeks are ruddy and usually extremely dry. I must use completely different products on different areas of my face (sigh). I bought this because it sounded like exactly what I wanted: sheer coverage, long-wearing, with built in sunscreen and primer. However, I have learned to only put this where I get oily. I think even with normal skin, you must put on a pretty decent moisturizer. That being said, on my oily parts, this stuff is absolutely incredible.

All in all, if you are not oily, this is probably not the best BB treatment to spend your money on. It claims to be a moisturizer as well but trust me, it is not. If you are oily, this stuff will probably be your best friend.
Quickly about the colors: I am very fair and so I chose the color fair (shocker). But next time I get this I will get light, which is probably more for the NW20 and on, but it is sheer enough that I think it will just give a nice hint of color because I do get quite tan in the summer months. I don't think I will repurchase fair beyond this anyway because it is just a base, and a sheer one at that. Fair would be perfect for an NW10 probably, but I'm not that light either. The shades do run a bit dark, but I think they would work well with lots of different undertones because the shades are very forgiving.

This stuff has simplified my makeup routine. I kept buying all of these full coverage foundations because of lasting problems with my oily skin, but I didn't really need the coverage. Everything just felt so heavy. Now I have this, which just allows me to pop on a bit of concealer, set it with a little powder, and not worry about anything sliding off. The only reason this is getting a 4 is because it sticks to dry spots and makes them look worse. But, like I said, I've found a way around that.

Alright, enough rambling. Great product!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No