October 20, 2014 | 964 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by margaritababe

I really wanted to love this BB cream but I ended up exchanging it for something else. I have combo skin, oily in the t-zone and normal everywhere else, slightly acne prone. What I appreciate about tarte products is that they never make me break out. It also has decent light coverage, good for evening skin tone, and a little goes a long way. Not really buildable though - the more you use, the more that ends up on your fingers.

I used it for about a week but each day after 3-4 hours max my face would become extremely oily when the product claims to control oil for x amount of hours. It also transfers more than I expected. Anything transfers if you wipe it but even blotting transfers a lot more than it should. Maybe its just because my skin got oily? I don't know. It also wasn't helpful that they don't have a color that matches my skin tone. I am a NC 42 in mac, so the medium was too light and the tan way too dark which made my face look dirty once my face got oily.

Price wise, it isn't ridiculously expensive but I was not satisfied with the product for the price. The packaging is cute like other tarte products, no complaints there. Like I said, I exchanged the product for something else. It didn't work for me but I could see how someone with drier or normal skin would like this product. I am now trying the Too Faced bb cream in beach glow. Hoping this will work a little better for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by orderlyfashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a great all-in-one product for a minimalist such as myself. I have slight redness on and around my nose and chin, and prefer to use products with lighter coverage and only where needed, to even things out a bit but not necessarily create a flawless 'canvas'. I'm pleased to report that the medium shade covers well (better than you'd expect from a tinted moisturizer & not as much as a full-coverage foundation), blends nicely and isn't fake looking at all. It also doesn't sink into my enlarged pores. It has a slightly matte finish and stays put for the most part - especially on the drier parts of my face. On my nose and forehead, oil starts to peek through after 4-5 hours, so still need to blot around mid-day -- but I seem to be less oily with this, compared to going bare-faced or using powder alone.

I use this over my daily sunscreen/lotion (Paula's Choice Skin Balancing SPF 15) and haven't experienced any weird interactions between the two products. In fact I think this BB cream applies and looks better with a bit of moisturizer/sunscreen underneath. And normally I shy away from physical blockers (which have caused breakouts in the past), but no problems here, and I appreciate the extra bit of SPF this provides!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by jenniferads

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really thought I would like this, and I really did try, but it did not stay on my face at all, and it seem to make my face more oily......BUT I will try it again in a few months after I have my baby and I will do another review, as of now it didnt work for my pregnancy hormone skin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Decobalgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Luuuuuurve!!! This is going to be utter blasphemy and sacrilege to the Asian BB cream purists, but this new Tarte BB is my favorite of all BB creams so far, and has dethroned my Missha BB cream. Goes on smooth, evens out skin tone, makes you look flawless without being detectable on the skin, leaves a lovely finish. Some have noted that it's too drying, but I didn't have a problem with that. The first time I tried it (at home, not for going out!), I put a super moisturizing cream on half of my face, and nothing on the other side. The only difference was that the moisturized side had more of a glow, and the other side looked more matte. I have combination and historically oily skin, that is now tending more dry. I liked both applications.

I really love how this feels and looks on my skin. I wear it alone, without any additional foundation on top, although I might swipe some powder over it depending on my mood. If you don't want fuller coverage, this works great on its own.

FYI, a 4 shade sample card arrived with my order of the full size in medium. When I looked at the sample colors, I kicked myself for having bought the medium (I'm normally medium skin toned) instead of the light, since the sample of the light, seen through its little plastic container window, looked like the perfect match for my skin. Don't go based on that alone, as it can be deceiving. I tried both the light and the medium on my face, and the medium was by far the better match.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by akpd

For reference, I have combination/oily skin. My forehead, nose, cheeks tend to get oily though out the day, and I have dry areas around my nose, mouth. My skin is very acne-prone, and I have many acne scars (mostly on my forehead).
I don't like to wear foundation. I used to just wear moisturizer, primer on my t-zone, concealer, and powder... but I was looking for something that would last longer, even out my skin tone, minimize my pores, as well as provide a bit more coverage.. AND TARTE'S BB CREAM IS AMAZING. It feels so silky-velvety as I apply it with my fingers (the velvety finish lasts all day). I dust some powder on after I apply it, and it lasts for at least 12 hours without having to touch up or use any oil blotting sheets. My forehead is a shade darker than the rest of my face, but this evens out my whole face. I used to use a ton of concealer to cover my acne scars, but I don't even feel the need to do that when I wear this BB cream (I just put a second layer of BB cream on wherever it's needed, because it has buildable coverage!). The first time I wore it, I noticed that it accentuated the dryness around my mouth, nose, and a few spots on my face... so I just put a little extra moisturizer on those areas before applying this and the problem is fixed! It makes my skin look so good- but in a natural way! I'm in love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by tressab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This makes me look like I have beautiful skin. I do need a moisturizer with it, but it gives my skin such a smooth appearance and doesn't settle in my wrinkles, that I don't mind the extra step. Plus, it doesn't break me out!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't like this at all. Maybe if they marketed this as a mattifying primer...but not a BB cream. It dried my face like the sahara and accentuated every dry patch on my face....and my skin really isn't that dry. I don't think it spread that great and my skin just looked horrible and I used smaller then a pea-size amount. I just think if it's a BB cream, I don't want to moisturize first, I want my BB cream to do that as well as the other "miraculous" stuff it's supposed to do. It's supposed to simplify my life....not make it more complicated... lol. Anyway, maybe if you have super oily skin, this stuff would be great....but not for me.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by SandyHoney10

I love this product. I, too, am new to the BB cream and this one works so well for my over 60 skin. It does not sink into lines, which I have quite a few of, and makes my skin feel and look great. It actually is improving my skin alot. It goes on smoothly and lasts a long time for me. I am very satisfied with the look from this. A definite keeper for me. Sometimes I use the Tarte blush stick over it, sometimes not. Either way it really is working for me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by indianagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this. Better than any other bb cream that I've tried. I get it in light, and it matches me perfectly without any orange. I apply a small pea sized amount after moisturizing, and it spreads quickly and evenly. Covers most redness and diminishes the appearance of pores. If I have red marks from blemishes I do need a bit of seperate concealer, but that is all. If I'm not doing much I will leave it there, but if I'm going out I follow with a SMALL amount of foundation, as this seems to help my makeup go on much smoother and with much less product. The tube is great and dispenses just the right amount of product. Price is a little on the high side, but as this will replace my sunscreen and primer and will reduce the amount I'm paying in foundation then I'm okay with it. Best of all it doesn't break me out like most other primers. Will repurchase. EDIT 2/11/13: So sad, but I had to stop using this. Dried me out really badly after a couple of weeks, no matter how much I moisturized prior to applying it. this has to be just for oily skin, not dry or combination. Thank God for Sephora's really great return policy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this! Got a sample from ULTA that came with all 4 colors and light works perfectly on my NC20 skin tone. I use this as a base for my Bare Minerals Ready foundation and it works like a charm.

Nice coverage, smooths out my pores and makes my face look fresh and even toned.

The SPF 30 and easy travel tube are what sold me. I'm going to buy the full size when my sample runs out.