October 24, 2014 | 1049 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by ktmacup

I have the raspberry.... it smells AMAZING! Love this stuff. it is creamy and wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by EmberAmber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought Nivea's Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss lip balm a couple of months ago. I like it because it smells good and leaves your lips super soft. I just noticed the downside of this lovely product, it leaves a white film on your lips much like Dave Chappelle's crack addict character. I think I have to throw it out. =(

I suggest that it could be used over a matte lip color that dries out your lips and needs to be toned down a bit.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by xoxosophiaxoxo

I have this lip butter in the Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss. I absolutely love this! It makes my lip feel really smooth without feeling sticky. It smells and tastes so good. I'm probably gonna go get some more. I love these!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 7:32:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

I'M SO GLAD THESE ARE FINALLY IN AUSTRALIA!!

They are very moisturizing and smell amazing! My favourite is the vanilla and macadamia one. I don't get the "White cast" look on my lips. i do find that once it's faded after about half an hour or so, my lips still feel moisturized and they leave my lips really soft.
I do like that it's in a decent sized tin, very cute and easy to travel with.
it doesn't bother me that i have to use my finger to apply.. just use hand sanitizer before or.. just put your lips straight onto the product!

I can't get enough of these!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Malika1380

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have all these different ones and like them! But liking them is probably as far it goes, they do the job and the raspberry one smells lovely but I wasn't thinking to myself this is my HG product so for me there ok but just don't expect to much and you'll be fine, I use lanolips as they are just quite simply the best lip products on the market today in my opinion

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by prttybrwneyez13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the Nivea Lip Butters in Raspberry Rosé Kiss and Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss. They are very moisturizing. Since I love the scent of vanilla, I find myself gravitating towards that one the most. I haven't experienced the 'white cast' look that some lip butters can leave when applied to your lips, which is a plus. I've seen that some have issues with the packaging: the product is in a tin as opposed to a tube, and some find it to be unsanitary to use your fingers to apply, but I agree with another use that posted a review when she said that the tin is big enough to place your lips directly on the lip butter up to apply. I don't mind the packaging at all. Both scents have lasted a while for me, and I definitely plan to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Mfstinson

I love this product. It is very moisturizing and it smells great! The only bad thing I have to say is I have to put It often because it doesn't seen to last. Other than that it is amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by pink3rbellx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This really is like the Korres lip butters but at a cheaper price. I approve. However, it's better and worse than the Korres version and I'll tell you why:
It's better because the texture of these is more emollient (imo) which gives better moisture.
It's worse because unlike the Korres version, these don't have a tint and instead leave a white cast on your lips if you're not careful. The white cast is not cute. Especially if you've got any dead skin on your lips, it'll bunch up on those and just look gross.
It leaves a sheen that begins to fade in about 10-20 minutes as the product soaks in. Even when I feel the product has faded after about half an hour, the lips still feel moisturized.
But I really like these. Not for super chapped or dehydrated lips - for me it didn't work for that. It's not really a healing balm (for me at least) so much as a moisturizing balm. When my lips are really, really dry I reach for Burt's Bees.
Still, these are cheap when you consider how much product you're getting.
I have the Vanilla Macadamia and it's a very sweet vanilla scent with a nuttiness to it. Editing to add: figured out what the scent and taste are reminiscent of - marshmallow fluff.
Also: for those who are concerned about using your fingers to apply it, why not just put your lips directly onto the product..? That's what I do and it works. The tin is certainly big enough to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by sonbah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a fantastic lip butter! I was having awfully dry lips out of the blues. Checked out the reviews on Makeupalley and got myself the Vanilla fragrance lip balm. It gives the lips a moisturizing feel and is very smooth to glide onto the lips. It does not leave the fingers sticky or oily after application.

The vanilla fragrance is mild and luckily doesn't irritate! I would definitely repurchase. I may even try the raspberry one (as long as the fragrance isn't too strong).

The packaging is simple and handy. It can conveniently be placed in the purse.

I've read how unhappy people have been with the finger having to be used but then we do tend to keep our hands clean so application with the fingers shouldn't be a problem :)

I believe it will last a while. It has to however be re applied every 4 hours which according to me is good enough. I've tried wearing the lip butter and then applying a lipstick onto it and it has given a very smooth look which lasted a good 5 hours!

Do give it a shot at least if you're a vanilla and Nivea fan :)

Thank you Nivea, Labello for such a lovely product!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have Raspberry Rosé Kiss and Smooth Kiss. They both moisturize extremely well, and the moisture is long-lasting.
Raspberry Rosé leaves a weird tint to the lips due to its pale pink color and thickness, so I prefer to use it before my makeup application to ensure full absorption. I use it mostly to prepare for other lip products.
Smooth Kiss is the one I keep by my bed to use at night. I also have one in my bag, but it is not the most convenient to use while out and about.
These are very thick, so they moisturize well, but if there is any tint to the product it can leave a weird color on the lips/make the lips look weird. Smooth Kiss is preferable if you want something to use alone. I don't so much like that they are in tins, meaning I have to use my fingers to apply them, because it's less convenient to rub my finger in a tin of balm to moisturize my lips if I'm out. However, due to the thickness the warmth of fingertips helps to smooth the product over the lips, so I wouldn't actually want to change the packaging. I don't think these would work well in stick form.
I have obviously purchased three, so I will definitely repurchase when I run out.