Nivea Lip Butter

4.2

ALL: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Petrolatum, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Butyrosperum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ricinus Communis (Castor) seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almonst) Oil, Water, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, BHT, TItanium Dioxide. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Raspberry Rose Kiss: Red 7. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Caramel Cream Kiss / Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss: Iron Oxides.

i have the raspberry one and unless you only use a tiny bit, yes, it makes your lips sort of pale whitish-pink. but it smells great and really softens. i use it at night.

on 9/15/2013 10:20:00 PM

I'm a sucker for lip products, and for Nivea lip balms in particular, so it didn't take long for me to pick up one of these lip butters once they made it to New Zealand. I've used it for a good few months now, so I feel it's high time to give a review. :)
I have the vanilla and macadamia scented one, and, without beating around the bush, the smell of it alone is enough for me to want to repurchase. It's so yummy smelling! If you're someone who loves gourmand scents, I can guarantee that you'll love this product. I've also tried the raspberry rose one (my mum has it) which also smells really good. I personally prefer the vanilla one slightly, but the raspberry one is definitely yummy - it reminds me of a cross between red jelly crystals and rosewater. Just be warned that neither of them really have a taste.
Anyway, moving on from the scent....
In terms of how effective this is as a lipbalm, I think this deserves a solid 3.5 to 4 stars. It doesn't last quite as long as my favourite Nivea Milk & Honey balm, but it still stays on for a good 3-4 hours, which, given that it is a balm/butter as opposed to a chapstick/treatment, is perfectly acceptable to me. It doesn't leave my lips feeling parched after it wears off, but I still would reapply as soon as possible.
If you use too much it can leave a bit of a white cast - personally I don't find that I *have* to ever use that amount anyway, so it's not really a problem for me. When a normal amount is applied it leaves a slightly glossy, moisturised sheen to the lips - slightly more than an average stick lipbalm, but less than vaseline or a gloss. If I apply it under a lipstick it sheers it out slightly, but the colour can be built up with a few extra swipes
I really love the packaging - I think the tin is adorable, secure but easy to open, and compact and hardy enough to throw in my bag. So many people are complaining about the "unsanitary" packaging, but I genuinely don't understand that. I personally make sure my hands are clean before I apply any kind of face product, including lip products, so it's no more unsanitary than using a stick balm in my opinion.
Price-wise: I can't remember exactly how much these are, but I'm pretty sure they're under $5 at the supermarket. Mine has lasted for ages (I'm only about half-way through, and I use it at least twice a day), so I'd say they're definitely worth the price.

As always, I have gone on for ages, but to sum this whole review up: this is a delicious smelling, moisturising lip product that I'd recommend to anyone who's looking for an everyday balm to prevent (not heal - it's not designed to do that!) chapped lips.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I have 3 or the 4 they smell so good .

on 9/5/2013 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this! I have it in the vanilla macadamia and it smells amazing. Sweet and delicious without being fake. It hydrates my lips really well. I always have it on me. I don't apply a ton, but it doesnt give the white cast on me that others mentioned. It's just clear and balmy/glossy. Will definitely repurchase, might try the caramel scent next. Also, yes, guys definitely seem to love the way these smell too :)

on 9/1/2013 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this ! I have the raspberry one and it smells like everything ! I only use it at night because it has a whitish tint to it once applied. When I wake up my lips are so smooth and they look plumper.

on 8/31/2013 9:08:00 AM

I tried the raspberry scent, and it left a horrible, uneven pinkish color on my lips. It smelled amazing, but the color was awful and the tin is pretty unsanitary....

on 8/30/2013 11:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of lip balms that come in tin cans but I love this product. I've tried other Nivea lip balms and I wasn't a big fan of them but this is different. There is only the Original and the Vanilla & Macadamia (the only that I own) sold here in Canada.

The scent of the Vanilla & Macadamia lip butter is very nice and the texture feels buttery on the lips. It does a decent job of hydrating my lips and I like to apply it overnight. Do not use too much since it can have a white cast on the lips so be careful. Other than that, I really enjoy the product and would recommend it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm just using up my third tin of this (I've used the original & the vanilla macadamia one) and I love both. This is the closest to perfect I've found a lip product (and I've tried a lot). I still have to apply it all through out the day but not as often as other lip products. If you use too much it will tint your lips a bit white, so be aware of that. I've been searching for the raspberry one (I'm in canada) and I can't find it anywhere. I actually don't mind the packaging at all - I apply it right to my lips as you would an EOS lip balm, and I don't have to use my fingers until it's almost empty. When I use up the last of this one I'll definitely be re purchasing.

on 8/20/2013 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Oh my goodness this is the stuff of ANGELS.

I have this in Raspberry Rose, or whatever the pink stuff is, and it smells amazing. Seriously. Whenever I put it on I make all my friends smell it and put it on too. Positive feedback, all around.

It is incredibly moisturizing and it makes my lips feel pouty and luscious, but not greasy or waxy.

The only drawbacks are the packaging--it's cute and I don't really mind it, but some people definitely won't like the fact that you have to dip your finger it in-- and the fact that it's not completely invisible. If I use too much, it gives my lips a kind of whitish-creamy look, which I would rather not have, so in public I use it in moderation. Before bed I slather it on, and ta-da! Lovely lips in the morning.

TL;DR: This stuff is the BOMB//BALM, and that was a bad pun. Do your lips a favor and try it out.

I got this at cvs farmacy and it was buy one get one so I had to get it! I put it on my lips and loved it, it was so smooth and the smell was amazing! After about 5 minutes my lips were soft... I re-applied it like an hour later and my lips got much softer! I would def. buy this again!

Popular Lip Treatments