September 16, 2014 | 1825 users online

Eye Primer - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by sunshineinspace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
+Cheap
+Easy to find (Walgreen's)
+Keeps makeup in place much better than using no primer

Cons:
-Major eye burning! I have never had a reaction like this to a makeup product. My eyes are bright red, irritated, and dry. Also the skin below my eyes is swollen.
-When the lid is removed, product starts dispensing from the tube. The only way to stop it is to quickly put the lid back on.

Due to the bad reaction, I will be tossing this.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a girl who adores Wet 'n' Wild but also uses the ELF eyelid primer religiously, my motives for buying this were somewhat skewed. I'm always looking for something new, and it's only $5, why not?
So I brought it home, tried it out, and I want to climb to the roof and sing WnW's praises. How, just how, does a company do so much for so cheap? How do they manage to turn a profit? I haven't the slightest idea, but this primer rocks for multiple reasons.
1. It beats out ELF and any other primer, high end or drugstore, in terms of staying power for eyeshadows.
2. It provides a soft, smooth base and it's tinted formula dries quickly to a clear finish.
3. It's freaking $5!
4. It's versatile. You can use it under your eyes before concealer to help prevent creasing. It feels heavenly smoothing on. Or, you can take a heavy duty concealer, aka one that covers well but is difficult as heck to blend (looking at you, Hard Candy Glamoflague) mix the two, and voila! It blends like a dream without compromising coverage.
Alas, this product does have a fault. While I'm all for squeeze tubes for sanitary and convenience reasons, for some reason, this tube keeps squeezing out product. I have to put the cap on fast or I'll lose my beloved product. I have a feeling it'll calm down when there's less product, but seeing as there's so much and you only need so little, I'm not sure when exactly that will happen. Nevertheless, it's a lovely product that will last me awhile. So I scoff at you makeup snobs who disbelieve in the power of cheap yet awesome drugstore makeup. This is living proof that you don't have to buy high end for a product to rock your socks off.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

HG eye primer, without a doubt. Absolutely unbelievable. I've tried every high-end primer there is with varying results (usually negative). The best I'd tried was NARS, which is something like $24 a tube. I saw this in Walgreens and decided to give it a try, not expecting much. I've gone through 4 or so tubes of this already and always have consistent results - my makeup will stay put ALL DAY. Most days, when I go to take off my makeup (~16 hours later), it looks exactly like it did when I put it on. For someone with super oily skin and eyelids, this is quite an accomplishment. I'm so excited that I decided to give this a try and I will keep buying it as long as they keep making it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I have tried both high end (Urban Decay, Estee Lauder, MAC, etc.) and lower-end (E.L.F., Revlon, L'Oreal, etc.) eyeshadow primers. Normally, the more expensive primers have out performed the more cheaper priced ones. However, I decided to try this new eye shadow primer out anyways. And, I must say, I really like it alot.

I foud it at my local Walgreens for $5.99. It comes with a low cost, but you realy do get your money's worth with this product. It allows for both my high-end and drugstore eyeshadows to last all day without any creasing or hardly any fading. And, it hasn't irritated my eyes in any way at all.

It is light-beige in coloring. Upon blending it out, it becomes totally sheer in transparency. Therefore, it is totally wearable for all skintones.

A great drugstore find indeed!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by mrshorsefly

LOVE it and it works great! But why in the world does it come out before you squeeze it and after?!! I thought I had a bad tube but I can see the other reviews also reported the same problem...hmmmm

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i've been trying to find a primer that will fit into my budget, having no luck with E.L.F. essentials, a sample of nars smudgeproof, e.l.f. primer/liner sealer, the list goes on. this one is nice, especially for the price point, there was no creasing and only minimal fading. however, it separates like nobody's business. (personally, im getting really tired of these tube applicators. i dont understand why people go on about how hygienic they are, because especially when the product has separated,it usually just makes a mess.) i cant really tell what the consistency of the formula is because it honestly shifts depending on how mixed that specific part of the tube is. one day it was really dry and uncomfortable to wear but thats also the day it came out of the tube in a thicker consistency. the bottom line is, it works, so i try not to grouse about it, but i cant help thinking this product would be even better if it were mixed properly. its not the best eyeshadow primer, but its not the worst. it outperformed the nars sample i had, which was weird.it was better than both e.l.f. primers, but i have yet to try the mineral one. it was on par with tarte in terms of eyeshadow-adhering performance, but tarte was more comfortable to wear and had a nice brightening effect, plus its actually intended to work on undereyes. it really depends on what you're looking for. i said i would repurchase, but im on the fence because i still want to try a few other drugstore-type primers. its contingent on their performance, but price wise this one is definitely a contender

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by monicaandree

The only shadow primer that I have used in the past is by Loreal. Usually I just layer foundation and translucent powder on my lid, which seems to work pretty well, but since this was so cheap and nicely packaged, I decided to give it a try. So far, so good! Here are the details:

1. The primer comes in a tube, which is nice and sanitary. The tube is black and looks more high end than it is.

2. The primer itself is lightly ivory flesh-toned, but clear when applied. The texture is slippery and very creamy, unlike the Loreal primer that I have used.

3. You only need a very small amount to cover your entire lid, maybe the size of half a sunflower seed, so this will last a very long time.

4. It dries fairly quickly, and feels light on the skin when dried. it does not peel or ball up like some other products.

5. After 14 hours, my shadow looks exactly like it did when first applied.

Overall, I would say that this is a great value! Wet N' Wild has some products that are on par and even competitive with some higher end lines, and this is no exception. Don't waste your money on a $15-20 primer when you can snag this for under $5! I anticipate that the tube will likely last a year.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

WnW hit it out of the ballpark. I've seen it compared to TFSS.. and it has a similar texture in the tube, but as someone for whom TFSS does not work (it just adds more oil to my lids and my shadow creases worse with it than without) I can tell you this is better. When it comes out of the tube it is very thin, slippery, and wet, almost has an oil-like consistency. But once it dries it goes matte, dry and smooth, with none of the slipperiness of TFSS. Does a great job at preventing breakdown of shadow, and shadow applies beautifully over it with no sticking or streaking. Very light on the eye and not at all drying. The tube is well designed and easy to use with a very small opening, and the cap has a little ridge around the top which makes it very easy to hold. A very little goes a long way. The only problem I've had is the product slowly comes out of the tube by itself, so I have to be quick to apply and get the lid on before it makes a mess. Once the lid is on it stops so no mess in the lid. Has a slight flesh toned tint, but applies sheer.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my! This primer is my dream come true. I am beyond thrilled that the drug store now carries an eye shadow primer that is comparable to Too Faced Shadow Insurance. This stuff is amazing & a steal at 5.99. It kept my shadow looking fresh and in place all day.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 5:42:00 AM More reviews by susu42

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay so i did a review on the Little Black Dress cream eyeliner and which i shall return, but this eyeshadow primer is a WINNER in my book for now at least, i combo skin and the oiliest eyelids plus i have hooded eyes, so creasing is something that will happen on my eyes and so im always on the hunt for a good eyeshadow primer, i have tried a few top brands in either full size or have gone to Sephora and ask for a sample in other brands and most of those didnt work for me either, anyway i bought this and it comes in a tiny squeeze tube thats a plus, the consistency is very smooth and has a flesh toned hue to it so being darker skinned it doesnt leave a ashy look on my lids it blends in nicely and the shadow went on very easily, now i went to work at 5pm and now its 4.38am in the morning on New Years day no im not sleeping and this primer is still keeping my shadow on my eyes, yes im sleeping with this to see what it will look like when i get up for work im seriously testing out this product, I will also test this on a day when its warm to see how it holds up as that will be the ultimate test part 2 but for now its doing really good in my book.

I had to update you guys on this product i took on lippie off because this eyeshadow primer doesnt do very well with shimmer eyeshadows in my experience, it flakes off rather quickly but for Mattes this is a dream come true so its still wonderful primer but just a heads up for the shimmer, what i did was use a nyx base along with a white eyeshadow pencil and my shimmer shadow will not crease like i said before i have oily eyelids plus hooded eyes so i need some serious backup when it comes to eyemakeup. I will get another tube of this but like everyone says recap it as soon as you get what you need otherwise it just keeps oozing out i hope wetnwild will address this issue.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No