October 31, 2014 | 1595 users online

Eye Primer - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG, hands down, this is my favorite! I have used most high-end primers and Urban Decay way okay and Art Deco only works until it dries up. I switched to ELF because I use it daily and go through too much to waste money. It worked almost as well as UD Primer Potion.
I decided to try this WnW Fergie Take on the Day when it finally appeared at my Walgreens - holy heck, your shadow will not budge! I apply it around 7am and by 11pm it is still on, looking fresh and perfect. You only use a tiny dab and I love how it's in a tube without the doefoot applicator. It works great with both matte and shimmery shadows. Doesn't seem to intensify the colors at all, but man, do they hold without creasing. Love it - will repurchase as long as it's offered.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was looking for a good, inexpensive eyeshadow primer and this is definitely it! It was only a little under $6 and it seems like it will last a while. I used it for the first time today and my eyeshadow hasn't faded or creased at all. You do have to be careful when applying eyeshadow over this though because once it's on, it's on... so if you mess up, it will be hard to correct.
The formula is a bit thin and watery, so the tube does require shaking before use.
And like someone else mentioned, I did notice a bit of a white streak showing through my eyeshadow because of the primer. It's not too big of a deal though.
I would definitely repurchase this and I do recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

I'm very happy with this primer. I had been using Monistat anti-chafing gel as a primer, which was fine before I started wearing facial sunscreen religiously, and then would slide and gather in my crease (along with the shadow on top of it). This primer, worn over my sunscreen, does an excellent job of keeping my shadow exactly where I put it for hours and hours. I have had zero creasing problems since I started using it.

I have not had any issues with it exaggerating the crepey skin around my eyes. The first time I used it, I used too much, and ended up with flaky white residue. Now I use much less and it's pretty much completely invisible. I find another plus is that it sets and is ready to go much faster than the Monistat, which takes ~5 minutes to dry on my lids.

Yes there is an issue with separation in new tubes. I found that warming it in my hand/pocket a while and then shaking it fixes that.

It is a new concept for me that eye primer is supposed to make shadows look more intense; I previously wore primer simply to keep my eyeshadow in place longer. So I ran my own test with the WnW primer versus bare skin on my arm and I found that for each shadow, the primed skin grabbed onto more product resulting in a more opaque and therefore more vivid result. I did not see any issues with the complexity or sheen of the shadows. I will say that the primer made very little if any difference to the "grab" of matte shadows.

Anyway, I like this primer a lot and wish it were easier to find. I will stay loyal to it, if I can find it again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by chrissadonner

Love love love this! Bought this when I saw the Wet n Wild Fergie collection first displayed, I grabbed this up as well as one of the highlighter. This, I must say is soooo worth the money and more! It's been my go to primer for about 4 months now and without fail. I alternate between this and MAC's Paint Pot in Painterly. The staying power is fantastic, does not budge once applied, and creates a nice surface for application and blending of shadows. Does not dry sticky and may leave a sort of white-ish colour, depending on how well you blend it out on the eyelid. Overall a very good primer that lasts forever and definitely worth checking out ASAP considering this may be a limited edition product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow! This is one drugstore primer that plays well with all my shadows. Granted, the first use yields an oily film if you don't shake it up and roll the tube around a bit but with usage, this goes away and blends back into the formula which is not oily at all but a lot like the E.L.F. primer in consistency which in turn is similar to the Primer Potion. It's sheer, comes out the shade of a light foundation. It grabs and intensifies my shadows like the aforementioned primers but at a fraction of the cost (of UDPP, anyway - the E.L.F. primer is only $1). I like the size I get and I like the tube packaging over anything with an applicator. Sleek and cute and it's gonna be a while before I run out. If I notice that they discontinue this line, I'll be the one hoarding it all I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by imadesphousewife

First e/s primer I've ever used and I love it. My eyelids tend to be very "teastained", and I hate it! I use this product, and then Garnier Anti Dark Circle Roller on top of it, and I can ACTUALLY get away with naked eyelids. It's awesome.

I do wear e/s often as well, and this gives it tremendous staying power. Took one lippie off cause of the oozing factor others have mentioned, but still feel this is HG status for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by Darla77

This stuff is amazing. Shadow stays on for hours, even overnight (bad, I know but I was lazy). I always give it a shake to take care of that oily first squeeze others have mentioned and that eliminates that problem. I have never tried other primers to compare it to, it has only recently been an issue for me. At this price and with how well it works, why bother.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

Confession: I'm an eye primer snob. I've owned the UD Primer Potion and TooFaced Shadow Insurance for awhile, and I've never found a drugstore alternative that competes. This stuff, though, comes pretty darn close. I mean, the colors aren't quite as vibrant as they are with higher-end primers, but this does keep the shadows in place all day, without creasing. I recommend waiting for it to dry before applying your shadow. Otherwise, it can kind of wash them out. That's a little odd, but it's one of the few drawbacks. I was pleasantly surprised by this, and although it can't really compete with the higher-end versions, this is by far the best I've found at a drugstore price. I'm happy with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by SD1

I luv................this product! I actually use it as a base for lipstick.My lipsticks stays on so well with it.I apply primer,line lips,put lipstick on then blot.It works so well&the price is great.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Decobalgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff has me scratching my head. Great price for effective budge-proofery. I picked it up yesterday and tested it on my lids. Yes, some oil came oozing out before the cream, but it wasn't too bad. It didn't burn my lids or eyes. It didn't leave a crepey look on my lids. I put matte eyeshadow on one lid and shimmer on the other. I didn't remove my makeup before bed, and to my surprise woke up to no fading, no ceasing, no budging whatsoever. This morning the shadow on both lids looked exactly how they did when I put them on yesterday. I know. Shockingly impressive.
So why the 3 lippies? Because not only did it not make the eyeshadow look more vibrant, but based on my experiment this morning I can say it washes out the pigment. I don't know how that's possible. I remember yesterday on the first application I was surprised how dead the shadows looked on my lids. Both were from TheBalm's BalmJovi palette, Allegro for the matte and rem for the shimmer. The color and vibrancy I usually get from that palette was just not visible on my lids.
So I did a comparison test today. I rubbed three side by side long swaths of three different eyelid primers down my forearm: Urban Decay PP in Sin, next to LimeCrime, next to this WNW. I then swatched 11 different shadows, all from the Lorac Pro pallete, with each color swiped across all three primers for comparison. The results surprised me, although they did confirm the lack of vibrancy I noticed last night. The LimeCrime primer created the most stunning color concentration and vibrancy. A distant second performer was the UD. Compared to the shadow on bare skin, the UD still concentrated the colors significantly, but it paled in comparison to the LimeCrime. The WNW strip was completely washed out and dull looking. The real shocker was that the shadow on my bare skin on the other side of the WNW looked more vibrant than it did over the WNW primer. How's that possible? But there you have it.
I'm still happy with my purchase given how well it keeps shadow in place, not an easy feat on my greasy lids. I'll have to keep fiddling with it to see if I can fine tune this primer so that I can squeeze more color out of it, and will update this review if I learn anything new.
For those rushing out to buy the LimeCrime, I should warn you that it's a poor performer on my lids where creasing is concerned. I bought it based on Wayne Goss' review that it holds tight to shadow like nothing else, but I never use it because it does no such thing.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No