November 23, 2014 | 1963 users online

Eye Primer - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by soundsofepip

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to update 8/8/2013 you can use this as primer under your makeup and it lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, I am simply amazed by how well this primer works for the price. I used to love UDPP, but had to search for a new primer bc the formula no longer worked on me when they changed the packaging, and my lids aren't super oily. When my backups of the original UDPP finished, I purchased Lorac's primer, but eyeshadow did not last as long. Luckily, the wnw primer came out, as I was going to purchase Nars, which I thought was too expensive. The wnw primer performs like the original UDPP on me. It really grabs on to skin and keeps shadow vibrant and crease free all day. If you are searching for a new primer, it wouldn't hurt to try this one out since it is so affordable.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by ShawTee843

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, a lot of people really like this stuff and I can understand why in some aspects. First of all, its really really cheap. That's a bonus when you know how expensive tiny tubes of eye primers can be, and you use them everyday. I figured if I could find something comparable to my high end primer for everyday wear at work, all the better for me. So after reading reviews on here, I decided to give this stuff a try. I need to wear full eye makeup everyday for work and I need my eyeshadow to last and look great all day long. This primer definitely kept my eyeshadow on and crease-free all day, which is great, but there were some issues that definitely will keep me from repurchasing. First off, I tried mixing the product in the tube as best I could before dispensing, but a bunch of nasty oil still came out before the product which was a huge turn off for me. So I had to squirt out a bunch of it before I got to some actual useable material. When I put it on, it was very thick and didn't seem to glide on smoothly like my HG primer does. It was kinda like paste... very sticky. So in turn, that made applying my eyeshadow evenly and blending, a wayy more difficult task than usual. My eyeshadow looked blotchy and I really had to apply a lot and do some serious blending work so get it to spread around and blend because it just wanted to stick to the first spot that it touched on my lid. The product just feels heavy on the eyes and I only used a tiny bit! God forbid you make a mistake, because once your eyeshadow combines with this stuff, its on and its hard to remove. Once I got my eye makeup to look decent, I worked a full day and it definitely stood up to the elements so I was pleased with that. However, when I got home and tried to remove my makeup, I realized how much glue and the primer really have in common! It was so freaking hard to get off! I use makeup removing wipes to remove my makeup before I wash my face, and the wipe was no match for this crap. I really had to work to get my eyeshadow off, which really irritated my eyes. I tried not to rub as best as I could, but wiping just moved the primer/eyeshadow sticky mess around on my lid without much coming off on my wipe. Now, I'm all about primer that gives your eyeshadow amazing staying power, but this is ridiculous! I don't want to battle with application and removal everyday with this stuff, no matter how great the price is. I'm all about saving money where I can, but not if I have to compromise quality.

(Also, some of it got on one of my makeup brushes that accidentally must have rolled onto some that I squirted onto a paper towel to get rid of the initial oil spurt and I didn't notice until the next day and it was like thick, dried on crust/glue on the handle of my blending brush. At first, I couldn't believe it was the primer! It was so crusted on there that I had to sit and scrape it off with my nails for a few minutes. I'm sorry, but I don't want a substance like that on my eyes. GROSS!)

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by tessamami

Used under a Water-Proof Rimmel eyeliner pencil, in Taupe. Really great staying power!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by missmaggie

I bought this a couple days ago and have been playing around with it. Up until this point I have been a very dedicated and faithful user of Urban Decay Primer Potion, its all I have used for a couple years now and honestly I didnt think much of this when I seen it a couple months ago. Well curiosity got the cat and its now in my posession and I have to say that it does not disappoint. I tried it out the first day with my U.D.P.P on one lid and this on the other with some eyeshadow over and there really was no difference between the two, infact at the time being I still cant really find a difference between the two as of yet anyway as they both lasted equally, all day with no creasing or fading and no smudging. The only thing I will mention is that I heard about how oily this can get so I shook it as best I could before I first played around with it and it still came out oily, but in no time it came out ot what it is supposed to be, so Im assuming it seperates but in the few days that Ive had it its only came out once like that and that was when I first got it. I will def have no problem repurchasing this as long as its available and I will have no issues recommending this as well. For 5$ you cant lose.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Dcruz26

So...I should start out by saying that I have never used eyeshadow primer before so I really don't have anything to compare it to. However, it did it's job! I put on my make up at about 6:30 am and my shadow was still on at 7:00 pm! This never happens. I guess because I have combination skin, my eye shadow usually wears off by the early afternoon. I think that for the price it is definitely worth trying. If you buy it and are not happy with it, at least you spent less than $5!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG, hands down, this is my favorite! I have used most high-end primers and Urban Decay way okay and Art Deco only works until it dries up. I switched to ELF because I use it daily and go through too much to waste money. It worked almost as well as UD Primer Potion.
I decided to try this WnW Fergie Take on the Day when it finally appeared at my Walgreens - holy heck, your shadow will not budge! I apply it around 7am and by 11pm it is still on, looking fresh and perfect. You only use a tiny dab and I love how it's in a tube without the doefoot applicator. It works great with both matte and shimmery shadows. Doesn't seem to intensify the colors at all, but man, do they hold without creasing. Love it - will repurchase as long as it's offered.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was looking for a good, inexpensive eyeshadow primer and this is definitely it! It was only a little under $6 and it seems like it will last a while. I used it for the first time today and my eyeshadow hasn't faded or creased at all. You do have to be careful when applying eyeshadow over this though because once it's on, it's on... so if you mess up, it will be hard to correct.
The formula is a bit thin and watery, so the tube does require shaking before use.
And like someone else mentioned, I did notice a bit of a white streak showing through my eyeshadow because of the primer. It's not too big of a deal though.
I would definitely repurchase this and I do recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

I'm very happy with this primer. I had been using Monistat anti-chafing gel as a primer, which was fine before I started wearing facial sunscreen religiously, and then would slide and gather in my crease (along with the shadow on top of it). This primer, worn over my sunscreen, does an excellent job of keeping my shadow exactly where I put it for hours and hours. I have had zero creasing problems since I started using it.

I have not had any issues with it exaggerating the crepey skin around my eyes. The first time I used it, I used too much, and ended up with flaky white residue. Now I use much less and it's pretty much completely invisible. I find another plus is that it sets and is ready to go much faster than the Monistat, which takes ~5 minutes to dry on my lids.

Yes there is an issue with separation in new tubes. I found that warming it in my hand/pocket a while and then shaking it fixes that.

It is a new concept for me that eye primer is supposed to make shadows look more intense; I previously wore primer simply to keep my eyeshadow in place longer. So I ran my own test with the WnW primer versus bare skin on my arm and I found that for each shadow, the primed skin grabbed onto more product resulting in a more opaque and therefore more vivid result. I did not see any issues with the complexity or sheen of the shadows. I will say that the primer made very little if any difference to the "grab" of matte shadows.

Anyway, I like this primer a lot and wish it were easier to find. I will stay loyal to it, if I can find it again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by chrissadonner

Love love love this! Bought this when I saw the Wet n Wild Fergie collection first displayed, I grabbed this up as well as one of the highlighter. This, I must say is soooo worth the money and more! It's been my go to primer for about 4 months now and without fail. I alternate between this and MAC's Paint Pot in Painterly. The staying power is fantastic, does not budge once applied, and creates a nice surface for application and blending of shadows. Does not dry sticky and may leave a sort of white-ish colour, depending on how well you blend it out on the eyelid. Overall a very good primer that lasts forever and definitely worth checking out ASAP considering this may be a limited edition product.