October 26, 2014 | 1069 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Absolutely perfect selection of versatile shades for a variety of looks. The colors are so creamy and buttery, they blend together beautifully. I actually did a classic defined look using this palette and its MAC counterparts, and there's just no comparison, these colors win hands-down for blendability and richness. With one palette you have so many looks - classic defined eye, smoky, bright highlighted fresh-faced nude, etc - the deeper brown is also great for my brows but YMMV. I always use a primer, and this lasts all day (14+ hours) with zero creasing, fading, or irritation. Used it on a bride and she told me her makeup still looked fresh the next day! I am in love! Will be stockpiling this for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This palette is so darn handy. Convenient size, sturdy packaging, great mirror, and colors that are good for everything from highlighting to blending to brows to deeper smoky looks. I always bring it with me when I travel, and find myself reaching for it on a near daily basis at home as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by MandyYoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this pallet. So many different looks in a single pallet, I can use it for simple every day looks, a night out and as stage make up.

I find it does require a setting spray or primer to last through my 16-18 hour days. I finally found an eye shadow that doesn't interact with my very sensitive eyes and contact lenses.

Very smooth product, it goes on beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by AngelicVirgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this palette for myself three months ago in Sephora in Barcelona for €10 which I thought was a great deal (I'm from Ireland some shop here have €25-€30 on the price) I heard good things about it and seen so many tutorials about it now I'm always using it can't live without it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

While this is a cute compact, the colors are nothing special. My Physician's Formula Canyon Classics compact offers more variety for $6.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If I could give this product 100 stars I would. I own the original naked palette and the naked basics palette and since I've bought them i haven't purchased another eyeshadow since. The orignial naked palette is quite large and I wanted something that I could take with me on an every day basis. This is PERFECT.

-like all the other Urban Decay shadows these are amazing. So smooth and velvety, not powdery not chalky. As long as you tap your brush before putting it to your eye there's no fallout.
-the packaging is perfect. So small it could probably fit in your pocket or your wallet. About the size of my hand, maybe smaller. Rubberized outside, huge mirror, very durable as well.
-the price was a bit high as I expected. 27 dollars but honestly the quality of the packaging and the shadows deserves 27 dollars.
-I switch between my naked palette and this naked basics palette but when it comes to on the go makeup when I'm in a rush I go for this palette every time. I can take it with me anywhere and I don't have to worry about creating a certain look cause I have every color I could want for an everyday look or a smokey look.

The Shadows:
Venus-a shimmery neutral highlight color. Perfect for a browbone highlight or brushed all over the lid. not too pink like MAC's phloof and not too yellow like nylon. it's right in the middle
Foxy- is a yellow toned neutral shade. Kind of like a buttercream color. Perfect for a matte highlight.
WOS- a very unique shade. I'd call it a creamy rosy neutral color.
Naked 2- a dirty taupe grey. Not as purple as tease from the naked 2 palette. Kind of comparable to MAC's Malt or Quarry put together.
Faint-a midtone brown. Great for the crease area. Similar to mulch from MAC.
Crave- a matte black. Perfect for liner or a smoky eye.

If someone took this from me I would repurchase it again in a heartbeat. As a college student I don't always have the time to do my makeup, this palette makes life so easy, I have every color I need for a perfect everyday look without having to rummage through all my shadows. LOVE THIS PALETTE <333

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The price point is not that bad, but I just did not LOVE this product...

I found the shadows not super pigmented and not super blendable... I used UDPP and a Paint Pot and just nothing... nothing worked... I wanted to love it but I can't make a look out of it. I still use it don't get me wrong but it's not my go to :(

The product is NOT something I would recommend... I just haven't had luck

Yes mine is REAL

Yes it was purchased from ULTA

So I know it is legit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

I love this palette. I've had it since it came out and it's amazing. I never thought I'd like an all matte eye look and these eye shadows totally changed that for me. I like my eyes to have a little definition but I'm not a huge eyeshadow person, I like the emphasis to be on my lashes. This palette gives that perfect subtle, polished look to the eye. For $27 I think it's an incredible value. I will say the packaging is kind of annoying because it is very hard to get open. Maybe that's just a defect with mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

All of my favourite bloggers, Essiebutton, Katiesbeautyblog, Gh0stparties, Viviannadoesmakeup etc all wear eyeshadow beautifully, so I thought I'd try to add to my very small eyeshadow collection and learn how to properly apply eyeshadow. I have always loved to wear makeup but I've never been very good at applying eyeshadow so I just mad up for it by wearing bold lip colours. I just turned 24 so I'm entering the eyeshadow game a little bit late! I bought this palette as an intro and I absolutely love the matte classic shades. I use the first colour to highlight the inner corners of my eyes and the brow bone. I love the light shades to use all over my lid and then I add one of the darker brown colours in the crease and then sometimes line my eyelashes with the black eyeshadow on the other end. It's a great palette, the colours and all gorgeous and well-pigmented. The price is a good deal too at $32.50 CND, I feel like I really get my money's worth. I would advice using an eyeshadow primer just to add to the longevity of wear!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Jacqueline5

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very good product, vey cheap and the colors are wonderful. The reason I gave it 4 out of 5 stars is because the shadows are very skinny and small for $30 dollars. but over all really good colors.