Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/14/2014 7:39:00 PM

I love this palette. It is my everyday palette and it has such good natural colors. I love the creaminess of the shadows. They apply so easily! The packaging is great and protects it! I know people have complained about the smell, and it definitely smells interesting, but it doesn't bother me. The only way I smell it is when I put my face to close or something like that. I think it's pretty good price, saying that other Urban Decay singles are more than half of this. I will repurchase it (if I ever run out! I haven't even made a dent yet!)

I got this for Christmas and I absolutely love it!! It is great for everyday wear and travel. I use the black shade as eyeliner and just dip it in water and it goes on so smooth. The only problem I have is that foxy doesn't really show up on my skin because I am olive with yellow undertones but I use it more to blend with the other colors. Definitely an HG palette totally worth the price tag.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i love this kit!! i was tempted to buy the full size Naked pallete, but I decided on this one because I felt these colors I'd use more. I usually don't wear a lot of eye shadow, and when I do, its either nudes or a smoky eye. this compact gives me everything I need for any look I go for. I use WOS (Walk of Shame) all over the lid, and Venus under the brow bones and on my lower lashes for my day to day look. I would repurchase this again, but I don't think I'll have to for quite some time as these are highly pigmented and will last a lonnnng time. in a perfect world it'd be a bit cheaper, but for higher end products, its actually on the affordable side, so I can't complain too much.

This is the only eyeshadow palette in my makeup bag, I can't even remember when I bought it, use it every day and it never fails! The only color I don't use is "Faint".

The color pigmentation, range of colors, staying/non-creasing power is tops!
I use WOS (walk of shame) mostly, then Foxy, Venus for inner eye, browbone brightening, and the darkest (Crave) to line my brows, prior to my Gimme Brow.

I would LOVE to just be able to purchase WOS, b/c I use that one the most, but I would def repurchase this short palette! Gets 5 Lippies for overall everything!

on 1/8/2014 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just got this in the mail and i already love it! My mother has the Naked 1 and it's nice but honestly I wouldn't use all the colors, so i decided to buy this one, plus I prefer matte. My only problem with this is that it is hard for me to open, I have to dig my nail into the lock thingy, but other than that I love the packaging and how soft it is.

on 1/8/2014 8:21:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was tempted to buy the full size of the two other ones but knew that I would have never used all this colours. So at the end I decided to buy this mini palette and it turned out to be the best choice I could make. I am the kind of person who prefers the nude looks and this is simply perfect. I use it every day, try to mix the colours among themselves. It is perfect if you want to do some smokey eyes without exagerating (I rarely use the darker colour).
The size of the palette is perfect you can easily bring it in your make-up trousse.
I am quite sure I would buy it again.

on 1/5/2014 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I never really thought of picking up the Naked Basics palette, but I wanted a small eyeshadow palette that I could carry around with me for touch ups. To be completely honest, what really sold me on this palette besides the compact size was the shade Crave, which is a matte black. I do own the NYX single eyeshadow in Black, but I wanted a small palette that included a matte black, and the quads/trios I own either have no black shade or a shimmery black shade. Thus, the Naked Basics palette met that criteria, so I initially purchased it online from Sephora. Turns out, the shade Crave shattered in the mail, and the black pigment was all over the box. I was super disappointed, so I exchanged it for a new one.

I don't find this to be an essential palette for me. Personally, I didn't really care for the Naked 3 palette, but I like that more than the Naked Basics. I don't see myself using the shades Venus and Foxy often, and the look that I get with WOS, Naked 2, Faint, and Crave just isn't something I LOVE. I mean, for doing my makeup while traveling, I can accept the shades that come with the Naked Basics palette, but I prefer the looks I can get out of the Naked 2 and Naked 3 palettes, and not because they include more eyeshadows.

I feel that this palette can definitely be a travel essential, but not an everyday essential. I do like matte eyeshadows, but I just don't really care for the shades in this palette as much as I thought I would. Perhaps if there was a darker, less taupe-y shade as well, I would get more use out of this. However, I will stick to keeping this in my makeup bag for the instances where I'm running late and have to do my makeup before class.

I couldn't ask for a better eyeshadow pallet. It's the essential eyeshadow pallet. I use this literally every day and even with other eyeshadows to make them pop or give them more depth. All the shadows are really smooth and velvety. They last all day and I've used them with only a concealer base and they still didn't crease. Also, a little goes a long way. I've used this nearly every day for two months and there's barely a dent in any of them. I just wish the case had come with a brush like the other Naked pallets.

I got this for Christmas, but when I run out, I will definitely be getting myself more.

on 1/3/2014 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have had this palette for almost a year idk why I took so long to write this review. I love this palette is the only naked I own and would even think to own. I don't like the 1,2, or 3 so this was perfect. On a day to day bases I prefer mattes with a lighter shimmery color for my inner corner.

Color: 5/5 all of the shadows have impeccable quality and pay off.
Venus- this is the only shimmer in the palette. It is a light frosty white/cream color
Foxy-a matte yellow toned cream highlight color
W.O.S- a matte pink toned highlighter
Naked2-a light cool tone brown
Faint-a mid/dark toned brown
Crave-a nice deep dark black

Packaging and price: this palette retails for 27$ which isnt bad especially for a high end brand(well not that high end, but you know What I mean ) this comes out to roughly 5$ per shadow. The packaging is nice and simple following the naked scheme. It is small and has a full mirror size mirror. Have dropped it numerous times and never had any breaks

Overall a awesome basic everyday palette. Can go from day to night with a smoldrry Smokey eye. I love this thing

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

It is what it is; a Basic. The for matte neutral colours are great for everyday and even nighttime to make a smoky eye. It lasts all day (even without eye shadow primer for those oily lids like myself) and the one shimmer colour is great for highlighting the brow bone or inner corner of the eyes. The brown and black I've used as eye line as well and they've been fantastic. Definitely great for traveling and travelers! Also, the mirror is really good quality!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Daily Makeup Tutorial (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Urban Decay Products