MAC Rebel Lipstick

4.6

on 4/1/2012 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

It was my first MAC lipstick (though I only use Mac concealers) & I <3 it.

After seeing my favourite YT guru applying this gorgeous berry shade, I went and got one. I was initially a little disappointed that on my skin (NC45-50) it looks more purple than 'berry' (red/purple)...But after seeing some pictures of me I realise that it changes on my lip depending on the light i'm in...
So many compliments...half of my friends bought it after seeing me in it.
<3 the finish and the staying power. It does transfer a bit, but doesn't wear off easily, which is good as I HATE reapplying lipstick loads through the day.

*Update* one year of having this colour has made me fall even deeper in love with it. I LOVE it- hands down fav lipstick.

on 3/1/2012 11:25:00 PM

Ahh I have found my favourite lipstick!! I think this is my new signature lip colour (used to be red lips) but this gives such an amazing colour. I blend it in well with Mac Vino lip liner and apply a couple layers because I personally like a darker, deeper lip colour on me. I feel that the photos on here aren't very accurate in portraying the colour, I think because the flash just shows it to be a flat pink. On me it is a deep berry pink with a subtle purplish tone to it. Felt so good wearing it out the other night especially when getting compliments on it.
I didn't think it would suit me at first but now I am convinced this colour would suit anyone!
Will definitely be buying more. :)

on 1/22/2012 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Just another reminder why I am a MAC lipstick purist. I wanted a subtle vampy color that I could throw on without a mirror for bold but polished looks. I was actually eyeing Cyber and Dark Side but they just felt too brown and flat. Rebel is a really complex shade; one swipe gives a sexy berry stain, a heavy hand yields glamorous perfection. I could see this being a shade that any skintone can wear; it has enough purple to be edgy but enough red to remain flattering. Rebel is a must-have, hands down. I love patting a wine-colored blush on top of this shade to create a gothic chic look that is bold but very classy. Perfection.

on 1/21/2012 2:19:00 AM

I should start off by saying I love this product. It's one of those products that makes me happy whenever I try it on. I don't think any of the above pictures really represent what the colour is really like apart from the swatch on the hand but I can assure you, it is a gorgeous, gorgeous shade! I'm around an NW15 w/o self tanner and about a NW 30 w/ self tanner and I can safely say it's one of those lipsticks that I can pull off whether I'm pale and/or "tan"! I normally don't buy very bold lipsticks but I was in an adventurous mood that day in MAC and I'm so glad I was. Sure, I don't wear it everyday but I feel like it's easier to pull this off than lets say...Russian Red etc. Decided to take 1 mark off because a) I feel like you need to wear a lipliner with it (i.e. more expense!) but this isn't too much of a problem because I find that necessary for any bold shade and b) because I don't like the colour it fades to. It does fade quite well and I don't think it's an offensive shade but just not to my taste. But I will DEFINITELY repurchase this when I run out :)

on 1/17/2012 3:35:00 PM

Love love love love! I don't know how I have lived without it! Obsessssed, I bought 3! Just incase I lose one!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Honestly, the name of this lipstick brought me in. I tend to shy away from very dark lip colors due to my very fair skin. I could not resist with this one.
It's a beautiful dark berry shade that doesn't look jarring at all. I have decently light blonde hair as well and it seems to suit me very well. The color is highly pigmented with fantastic lasting power. It's also very hydrating and leaves a nice bright pink stain after it's gone. Said stain lasted about two days, even washing my face couldn't get it off completely. This is a good thing, to me anyway.
It's very different and can be worn during the day with lighter makeup overall, or played up with some eyeliner for night wear.
Best of all, different complexions can pull this off easily.
The shade is very obvious and in your face, so only try this if that's the kinda thing you're looking for.

I would highly recommend and would repurchase.

on 1/16/2012 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Very nice berry colour. Brightens up my entire face! (NC44)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Recently this fall and winter I got into wearing bold lips and I'm loving this dark lip trend thats happening. I was scared to purchased this but I took a chance since I had B2M empties, and I'm glad I did it is a gorgeous bold color.

on 12/19/2011 12:59:00 PM

I am so grateful to the gentleman who showed this to me at the MAC store! I love this lipstick. I mean really REALLY have an emotional attachment to it, which is what happens when we find a product that just FITS us so perfectly. I bought this at MAC when I had to return Cyber, and I can't even tell you what a stroke of luck that was! The SA asked me what I didn't like about Cyber, and when I told him he grabbed Rebel and tried it on me with Plum lipliner. It was STUNNING. It's a deep, dramatic wine color with an edge of magenta that just brightens it up a tad, and it makes the green in my hazel eyes just go BOOM. I almost didn't buy this because it seems like there are lots of lipsticks with the same color as Rebel, but the pigmentation and finish of MAC lipsticks make it really special. It's a Satin finish, and Satins are probably my favorite MAC lipstick finish because they are incredibly pigmented, last longer than the Amplified lipsticks, don't transfer onto my coffee cup much, and aren't as drying as Matte finishes. For the record, the Sales Associate showed me this lipstick with Plum lipliner, which I also purchased, and I love that as well. But you really don't need it to make this lipstick work.

on 12/12/2011 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a slightly dark, plum and berry color. Looks very pretty in the fall and winter. WOC, this will make you look very sophisticated without aging you at all. I received this in a swap, and I'm glad I swapped for it.
NC50