September 23, 2014 | 954 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Rebel Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by glorynails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Aaahhhh....I love this shade. It is a really classy and bold color. This will look amazing on any skintone. I apply it on the days when I'm in a hurry, and dont have much time for makeup, just apply this lipstick and some eyeliner, and mascara and my face brightens up instantly. It is also great for night outs. It has good lasting power as well, rather it stains the lips badly and is difficult to take it off . The only negative point about this is that it is little drying on the lips. (I am NC42/43)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by amandalsl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Rebel is a deep magenta shade that leans more berry with wear. The lasting power of this lipstick is out of this world. I wear this through a two-hour dinner without being too careful and at the end of it, my lips are still stained a berry color. I never have to worry about touching up with this. I've even had some trouble getting it off with my oil make up remover. Just amazing pigmentation. Its not the easiest lipstick to wear, though. I have to exfoliate prior to applying it with a lip brush, NOT straight from the tube. I usually pair this with minimal make up on the rest of my face to avoid looking too intense. Absolutely adore this shade. Even though it takes a bit of work to apply, the color payoff and lasting power is well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by trishkai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've repurchased Rebel a good 4x in my 7 years of being a MU addict.
Perfect purpley-red.
I wear it pretty much anytime I want to play up my lips to look hot as FUH.

ps: NYX's lipliner in PLUM is the perfect match for this lipstick.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by noddy154

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Absolutely love this lipstick. at first i thought it was one of those 'i love but ill never wear' but i was so wrong. im fair but with a warm complexion so this shows up as quite a dark lipstick and contrasts alot with my skin but i still think it looks amazing. i think it could complement alot of different skin tones because its quite a versatile shade. the colours quite pigmented, stains your lips so youll never really get it off lol. i usually use it with macs lipliner in magenta so it looks like a vibrant purple berry colour, or the mac cremestick liner in violetta to make it look like a deep wine shade. i would definately buy this product again, its not the standard pinks, corals and nudes, its different and definately wearable

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 7:00:00 AM More reviews by crazychicky18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

purchased this color a couple months back without even trying it, i had seen the rave reviews for it on here & decided to just get it... now it is without a doubt one of my favorites. i use it all the time when going out @ night and theres no need to re-touch as it leaves a lovely vivid pinky stain :-)... my tube is almost finished lol - & i will def be purchasing another soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by hesperus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have become a big fan of MAC lipsticks recently and Rebel is one of my favourites. It is a deep magenta red, a color that I haven't seen in other lines, in a satiny, long-wearing formula that tends to be a little drying. Because it does bleed a little, I make sure to use both a skin-colored pencil outside the contour of my lips, as well as lipliner. I can imagine this would work with a lot of skin and hair colors. I myself am very light and yellow-toned with black hair and true red lipstick (like Russian Red or Ruby Woo) looks somewhat harsh on me, this looks much better and more interesting than a straight red. Highly recommended!.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Im starting to move away from the boring nudes and browns and venture into wearing more vibrant colors like reds and berry shades. Rebel is a nice change . A gorgeous deep vibrant berry shade that gives you a pop of color without looking clownish. Since its such a noticeble color its best to down play the eye makeup and keep it simple, and let Rebel do all the work. Its even more pretty with gloss on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by lulabelle03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the tube the colour looks very dark and difficult to wear. However on it lovely and very wearable. If you dab it on it creates a nice stain. One coat creates a rich berry red. And if you put it on properly (2+ coats) you get an intense berry colour!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 4:42:00 AM More reviews by emivnc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up with my back 2 mac trade-ins after getting heavy bangs recently that de-emphasize my eyes, and deciding to compensate with more interesting lip colours. I've found myself picking it up repeatedly the last few times I've been in MAC stores because it's such a unique and beautiful shade, but it looks so dark that it's a bit intimidating! When I picked it out I thought that I'd probably try it once or twice and end up leaving it for special occasions. But I brought it home, tried it on, and fell in love. It layers very well so that if you apply just a thin layer it is the most gorgeous berry shade with just a hint of purple/fuscia that makes the colour mesmerizing. It's got just a hint of sheen to it so that it looks lovely and isn't drying like matte shades. It can also be layered as dark as you want to go for more dramatic effects. It even fades to a gorgeous pink stain as it wears off, so even if you don't re-apply constantly, it won't end up looking bad. I cannot believe how great and flattering this colour is, particularly considering how pale my colouring is, but I see myself wearing this a lot in the future! If you've been eyeing it whistfully but talking yourself out of it because it looks so intense, give it a try. It may just surprise you!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a gorgeous berry colour. It looks very dark in the tube but on the first layer, it's a beautiful berry stain, like after eating blueberry. I find that on my lips, layering creates a redder look than purple. MAC lipsticks are just beautiful in general. They don't have a significant scent, they last a reasonable amount of time (in fact, I love the staying power of MAC lipsticks over other brands) for this satin finish lipstick. If anyone's looking for a berry stain, this one's a great try. They're hard to find in other lipstick selections and the only other one I've tried had sparkles in it! The classic MAC tube is black and sleek; also I do personally prefer the Revlon tubes with the clear window to see your lipstick. Those are just little personal things though. This is 17.50CAD, tax not included. I will probably repurchase if I never find a similar berry lipstick.