August 27, 2014 | 1718 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Rebel Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 7:00:00 AM More reviews by crazychicky18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

purchased this color a couple months back without even trying it, i had seen the rave reviews for it on here & decided to just get it... now it is without a doubt one of my favorites. i use it all the time when going out @ night and theres no need to re-touch as it leaves a lovely vivid pinky stain :-)... my tube is almost finished lol - & i will def be purchasing another soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by hesperus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have become a big fan of MAC lipsticks recently and Rebel is one of my favourites. It is a deep magenta red, a color that I haven't seen in other lines, in a satiny, long-wearing formula that tends to be a little drying. Because it does bleed a little, I make sure to use both a skin-colored pencil outside the contour of my lips, as well as lipliner. I can imagine this would work with a lot of skin and hair colors. I myself am very light and yellow-toned with black hair and true red lipstick (like Russian Red or Ruby Woo) looks somewhat harsh on me, this looks much better and more interesting than a straight red. Highly recommended!.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Im starting to move away from the boring nudes and browns and venture into wearing more vibrant colors like reds and berry shades. Rebel is a nice change . A gorgeous deep vibrant berry shade that gives you a pop of color without looking clownish. Since its such a noticeble color its best to down play the eye makeup and keep it simple, and let Rebel do all the work. Its even more pretty with gloss on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by lulabelle03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the tube the colour looks very dark and difficult to wear. However on it lovely and very wearable. If you dab it on it creates a nice stain. One coat creates a rich berry red. And if you put it on properly (2+ coats) you get an intense berry colour!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 4:42:00 AM More reviews by emivnc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up with my back 2 mac trade-ins after getting heavy bangs recently that de-emphasize my eyes, and deciding to compensate with more interesting lip colours. I've found myself picking it up repeatedly the last few times I've been in MAC stores because it's such a unique and beautiful shade, but it looks so dark that it's a bit intimidating! When I picked it out I thought that I'd probably try it once or twice and end up leaving it for special occasions. But I brought it home, tried it on, and fell in love. It layers very well so that if you apply just a thin layer it is the most gorgeous berry shade with just a hint of purple/fuscia that makes the colour mesmerizing. It's got just a hint of sheen to it so that it looks lovely and isn't drying like matte shades. It can also be layered as dark as you want to go for more dramatic effects. It even fades to a gorgeous pink stain as it wears off, so even if you don't re-apply constantly, it won't end up looking bad. I cannot believe how great and flattering this colour is, particularly considering how pale my colouring is, but I see myself wearing this a lot in the future! If you've been eyeing it whistfully but talking yourself out of it because it looks so intense, give it a try. It may just surprise you!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a gorgeous berry colour. It looks very dark in the tube but on the first layer, it's a beautiful berry stain, like after eating blueberry. I find that on my lips, layering creates a redder look than purple. MAC lipsticks are just beautiful in general. They don't have a significant scent, they last a reasonable amount of time (in fact, I love the staying power of MAC lipsticks over other brands) for this satin finish lipstick. If anyone's looking for a berry stain, this one's a great try. They're hard to find in other lipstick selections and the only other one I've tried had sparkles in it! The classic MAC tube is black and sleek; also I do personally prefer the Revlon tubes with the clear window to see your lipstick. Those are just little personal things though. This is 17.50CAD, tax not included. I will probably repurchase if I never find a similar berry lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely stunning color. I can't believe it took me so long to find this. I was sold after seeing a video of Lisa Eldridge doing a pin-up look and she used an amazing Serge Lutens lip color. She suggested the best dupe for that color was MAC Rebel. Low and behold it is identical. I love this for evening but there's no way I will save it for my rare nights out. It deserves to be worn in daylight so strangers can marvel at the beauty of this color. I am NC 15 with blue/green eyes and blonde hair and gosh this works wonders!
Edit: I just have to add that I have bought a back up of Rebel because if it gets discontinued I will do a Sylvia Plath! I've had so many positive comments and compliments on this lipstick that I've lost count. Yep it's that special. I swear if the late, great and gorgeous Robert Palmer was still rocking it with the Palmer Girls, this is what the girls would be wearing as an updated version of the dark lip. The world needs more REBEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by MACnMahalia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looks great on my NC50 skin. I pair it with Beet lipliner. Because of it's satin finish I don't need a lipgloss. If I do want a gloss I use Pop Mode . It usually lasts for abt 5 hours W/O eating or drinking . And it leaves a pretty stain even when it starts to fade away. It is universally flattering shade

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a lovely stain...And very versatile as well..I use it with a golden colore liglass(the name faded off @ the bottom, plus I got it when I wasnt that into mac)
I line it with Currant or nightmothe when I wanna change it around a bit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by BEjunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is like what we all dream our best friends to be. Bold, daring, beautiful but not in-your-face or over-the-top! Gorgeous on all skin tones. A completely underrated, not pushed enough by SA's lipstick.