October 23, 2014 | 2105 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Rebel Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

On my NW46 skintone, it is a lovely berry color. Leaves a nice stain. This lipstick will last me for a while since I don't wear this color often.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by addicted2retail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was at the MAC store today and I was checking out

Dark Side
Ruby Woo
Russian Red

I was looking for a pop of color but not too overwhelming.
Dark Side was too dark
Ruby Woo was beautiful but too matte
Russian Red was beautiful too but just not what I was looking for

So I told the associate, "Look I need something that's a mix of all 3. A red on the berry side.."

She said.. "Oh try Rebel"

OMG. Love it. Couldn't resist I had to buy it!
Let's just say I'm wearing it now and I have not retouched since the tester from the store 5 hours ago.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by normaestrada19

Yes Makeup God sign me up for a lifetime supply of MAC's REBEL lipstick. Gosh, I really do wish there was a Makeup God :) Any who, this lipstick is one of my staples in my makeup arsenal. I love everything about it. I love the finish, the color, the staying power and I love the name. Speaking of the staying power of this lipstick, it is amAzing. From all I know MAC doesn't claim the lipstick is long wearing, but for some reason this particular color lasts a lifetime. Well, it lasts almost a lifetime. The color on me is a beautiful intense raspberry pink/purple mix. When it fades, it fades to a gorgeous vibrant raspberry. This color is a great alternative to red lipstick. It makes the same statement as a bold, catch your eye red, but with an unexpected twist since the color is so unique, in my opinion. I will be re-purchasing this till they make it and when they stop, and lord I hope they don't, I will buy all of the REBEL lipsticks left at MAC :)

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

I must admit I was really disappointed with this colour. in the tube, it looks like a deepened burgandy purple-y colour, but on my lips, this pulled very fuschia-pink. I do wear it but never by itself, only after deepening it with another lipstick or liner underneath. Whilst I found the colour disappointing, the formula is great, so no complaints there. I would just advise people to be careful as the tube colour does not translate to the lips. For some, this will be a bonus, for me, it was a disappointment :(

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS is the color I've been looking for! I actually have a Wet N Wild lippie, 908c that is a dupe for color, but not quality. Dark skinned divas, this is a must!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by glorynails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Aaahhhh....I love this shade. It is a really classy and bold color. This will look amazing on any skintone. I apply it on the days when I'm in a hurry, and dont have much time for makeup, just apply this lipstick and some eyeliner, and mascara and my face brightens up instantly. It is also great for night outs. It has good lasting power as well, rather it stains the lips badly and is difficult to take it off . The only negative point about this is that it is little drying on the lips. (I am NC42/43)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by amandalsl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Rebel is a deep magenta shade that leans more berry with wear. The lasting power of this lipstick is out of this world. I wear this through a two-hour dinner without being too careful and at the end of it, my lips are still stained a berry color. I never have to worry about touching up with this. I've even had some trouble getting it off with my oil make up remover. Just amazing pigmentation. Its not the easiest lipstick to wear, though. I have to exfoliate prior to applying it with a lip brush, NOT straight from the tube. I usually pair this with minimal make up on the rest of my face to avoid looking too intense. Absolutely adore this shade. Even though it takes a bit of work to apply, the color payoff and lasting power is well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by trishkai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've repurchased Rebel a good 4x in my 7 years of being a MU addict.
Perfect purpley-red.
I wear it pretty much anytime I want to play up my lips to look hot as FUH.

ps: NYX's lipliner in PLUM is the perfect match for this lipstick.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by noddy154

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Absolutely love this lipstick. at first i thought it was one of those 'i love but ill never wear' but i was so wrong. im fair but with a warm complexion so this shows up as quite a dark lipstick and contrasts alot with my skin but i still think it looks amazing. i think it could complement alot of different skin tones because its quite a versatile shade. the colours quite pigmented, stains your lips so youll never really get it off lol. i usually use it with macs lipliner in magenta so it looks like a vibrant purple berry colour, or the mac cremestick liner in violetta to make it look like a deep wine shade. i would definately buy this product again, its not the standard pinks, corals and nudes, its different and definately wearable

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 7:00:00 AM More reviews by crazychicky18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

purchased this color a couple months back without even trying it, i had seen the rave reviews for it on here & decided to just get it... now it is without a doubt one of my favorites. i use it all the time when going out @ night and theres no need to re-touch as it leaves a lovely vivid pinky stain :-)... my tube is almost finished lol - & i will def be purchasing another soon!