July 28, 2014 | 1019 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Rebel Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 4:42:00 AM More reviews by emivnc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up with my back 2 mac trade-ins after getting heavy bangs recently that de-emphasize my eyes, and deciding to compensate with more interesting lip colours. I've found myself picking it up repeatedly the last few times I've been in MAC stores because it's such a unique and beautiful shade, but it looks so dark that it's a bit intimidating! When I picked it out I thought that I'd probably try it once or twice and end up leaving it for special occasions. But I brought it home, tried it on, and fell in love. It layers very well so that if you apply just a thin layer it is the most gorgeous berry shade with just a hint of purple/fuscia that makes the colour mesmerizing. It's got just a hint of sheen to it so that it looks lovely and isn't drying like matte shades. It can also be layered as dark as you want to go for more dramatic effects. It even fades to a gorgeous pink stain as it wears off, so even if you don't re-apply constantly, it won't end up looking bad. I cannot believe how great and flattering this colour is, particularly considering how pale my colouring is, but I see myself wearing this a lot in the future! If you've been eyeing it whistfully but talking yourself out of it because it looks so intense, give it a try. It may just surprise you!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a gorgeous berry colour. It looks very dark in the tube but on the first layer, it's a beautiful berry stain, like after eating blueberry. I find that on my lips, layering creates a redder look than purple. MAC lipsticks are just beautiful in general. They don't have a significant scent, they last a reasonable amount of time (in fact, I love the staying power of MAC lipsticks over other brands) for this satin finish lipstick. If anyone's looking for a berry stain, this one's a great try. They're hard to find in other lipstick selections and the only other one I've tried had sparkles in it! The classic MAC tube is black and sleek; also I do personally prefer the Revlon tubes with the clear window to see your lipstick. Those are just little personal things though. This is 17.50CAD, tax not included. I will probably repurchase if I never find a similar berry lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely stunning color. I can't believe it took me so long to find this. I was sold after seeing a video of Lisa Eldridge doing a pin-up look and she used an amazing Serge Lutens lip color. She suggested the best dupe for that color was MAC Rebel. Low and behold it is identical. I love this for evening but there's no way I will save it for my rare nights out. It deserves to be worn in daylight so strangers can marvel at the beauty of this color. I am NC 15 with blue/green eyes and blonde hair and gosh this works wonders!
Edit: I just have to add that I have bought a back up of Rebel because if it gets discontinued I will do a Sylvia Plath! I've had so many positive comments and compliments on this lipstick that I've lost count. Yep it's that special. I swear if the late, great and gorgeous Robert Palmer was still rocking it with the Palmer Girls, this is what the girls would be wearing as an updated version of the dark lip. The world needs more REBEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by MACnMahalia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looks great on my NC50 skin. I pair it with Beet lipliner. Because of it's satin finish I don't need a lipgloss. If I do want a gloss I use Pop Mode . It usually lasts for abt 5 hours W/O eating or drinking . And it leaves a pretty stain even when it starts to fade away. It is universally flattering shade

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a lovely stain...And very versatile as well..I use it with a golden colore liglass(the name faded off @ the bottom, plus I got it when I wasnt that into mac)
I line it with Currant or nightmothe when I wanna change it around a bit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by BEjunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is like what we all dream our best friends to be. Bold, daring, beautiful but not in-your-face or over-the-top! Gorgeous on all skin tones. A completely underrated, not pushed enough by SA's lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Marcela213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This color is GORGEOUS! On my NC25 skin and mauvey pigmented lips it looks like a deep vampy berry/fuschia. it looks great paired with the Venomous Villains Hot House lipglass on top. Definitely one of my faves.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 7:18:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

Ok, so when I went out to get this I was looking for a fuschia but a more sophisticated one, not a bombshell/bimbo hot pink one. This is the perfect shade for what I wanted. It's a dark, dramatic, goth berry-fuschia with a satin finish, aka with a slight sheen to it rather than any glossiness whatsoever. I think it suits pale skinned/black haired girls like myself amazingly. So, highly recommended for fair skin tones - on darker ones it looks a bit wrong, kind of like that cheap neon fuschia I was trying to avoid in the first place. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by js1624

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this color - even on my PPP skin it is not too dark in the winter and as they say you can be versitle with it. I use the Gerlain product under it that keeps your lipstick from bleeding,etc and it seems to keep it moist enough. I dont like a gloss over this lipstick unless I use just a thin coat of it as the color will bleed and it changes the look - although I do sometimes use a thin coat of the lipstick with my finger and then a little gloss or balm is ok. But a really cool color!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 8:19:00 AM More reviews by iliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a truly impressive colour.... It's a neutral deep fuschia colour that suits every skin colour (i am NC20). Ideal for both day and night. Removed two lippies because the lipstick itself is way too drying and also bleeds like hell-something that can be controlled by using a lip liner. Since it bleeds too much it's impossible to use it with any lip balm so be prepared to see your lips cracked after you remove the lipstick. To deal with the cracking, i exfoliate my lips and then use a generous ammount of my beloved Korres' Lip Butter. Will repurchase when it finishes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No