July 29, 2014 | 1557 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Victoriab16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a very light skin tone so I got the fair shade of this bb cream, it is surprisingly dark for a fair but it works as long as I make sure to blend it well. This is definitely my favorite of all the bb creams I have tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my very first BB cream purchase. I bought one in Fair and Light. Whoa - threw away the Light because it was way too dark for my fair skin. The Fair is even a little dark, but the reason I like this is because it is matte and it can be applied with your fingers very quickly when you are in a rush. It doesn't give the best finish, but it works in a pinch. The only downer is that there is no SPF. So, maybe use it going out at night when you don't need sun protection or need a more matte look.
UPDATE: Haven't used this in about six months, but now that I'm a little tan -- WOW! This is the perfect match and it leaves me mostly matte without having to oil blot throughout the day. I will continue to use this until it is gone. I don't think I'll be able to use it in the winter when I'm more pale, but it is the perfect sheer coverage -- without being overly dewy.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by missmarcella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked this stuff. It gave good coverage and wasn't to thick or cakey. It gave my skin a really nice finish and I always got compliments on my skin whenever I wore it. I didn't really like how it came out white though. I thought that was weird. The reason I don't think I will buy it again is because I tried out that Maybelline Dream BB Cream stuff and I liked it better. If that stuff didn't work out though, I would gladly go back to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by megancya

I have repurchased this twice because I love it! If i just use this and concealer I am good to go. It doesn't make me breakout, and you can really build up the coverage if you put on more than one layer. It makes my skin look and feel so smooth. The lasting power is not outstanding, but that's why it's a bb cream and not a foundation! I use this for my everyday makeup. Wouldn't use this for a special occasion because it might not show up well on camera after long periods of time. I highly recommend though, much better than the garnier bb cream for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by lateralus3450

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Like a lot of the reviews here, I originally purchased the "light" (812) shade thinking that it would be well suited for my skin. Unfortunately, the white turned into orange and I knew I could not leave the house with it on. However, I did like how it covered up my minor imperfections and diminished my pores. I decided to buy the "fair" (810) shade and mix the two. The color combination was perfect and it when I put it on, it looks like I naturally have great skin. I wish that there was SPF but other than that, I really like this product. I was put off at first by the suspended pigment beads and break when applied because it felt like I was exfoliating my face. To prevent this, I dot the product on my face and wait a minute or two while the warmth of my skin reacts to the product so when I spread it out, it does not feel rough. The coverage is great with the exception of some visibility from a few acne scars ( I use the Rimmel Scandal-eyes eyeliner in nude to cover it up) and my face looks flawless. During the summer, I have combination skin and this product really helps keep my t-zone matte. I have tried this product in the colder months and it can be drying but with the help of a moisturizer, I was fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by beckaaayyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't really say that this is amazing or anything, but it's decent. All of these drugstore BB creams are just tinted moisturizers. I don't know who they think they're fooling. Anyway, it has expected light coverage like a tinted moisturizer and the shade range is OKAY. Whoever created the whole "pigment beads" concept in foundations and such must have just been really bored. Those are in here if you haven't already figured that out. It comes out a sickly grey color and when you rub it in, it becomes the color its supposed to be. It's definitely gimmicky and I wish it would just come out the way its supposed to look. The finish leans toward a satin I guess. Staying power is fine for me as I have normal skin. It was about $8-9. Nothing special here.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by are51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am somewhat surprised at some of the harsh reviews for this BB cream. I've tried many, many of the drugstore brands, and also Clinique and Smashbox. I returned the Clinique and Smashbox. Both of them melt down into grease piles, and for the cost, that is not acceptable for me.

The others, some of which are Garnier, Maybelline, E.L.F., CG Smoothers, pretty much melt away too, and don't really last long. Some become darker, some fade away to nothing.

Let's face it - BB creams are not meant to be medium to heavy foundations. They're lighter, so if you want coverage, stick with foundation. I'm at the age where foundation does less for me than more, so something lighter like this is good. I'd say the same goes for young skin that doesn't have too many flaws.

What I like most about this BB cream is that it has a primer in it that actually works to blur the uglies, there's enough color to even out skin tone, and the coverage lasts a whole lot longer than all of the others combined. I started out with the color Light, but have now purchased Fair, and I prefer the Fair for my skin. Yes, it dispenses from the tube as a white cream, but morphs into a color.

I don't usually do makeup reviews, but I had to weigh in on this BB cream. I think it's one of the best, if not the best, drug store BB creams, especially since it has a primer in it. I do understand, though, that some might not care for the idea it doesn't have a sunscreen in it, but judging by the amount of products these beauty companies expect us women to use, there's sunscreen in just about everything else.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by SanDiegoAli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm a little sad that this doesn't get better reviews - I absolutely love it!

I've tried several other drug store BB creams and none of them compare to this one. I love how lightweight it is and I find that the color matches me very well. Another plus is that it lasts all day (even on my semi oily skin), which hasn't been the case for many of the other brands I've tried.

When it comes out of the tube it's white, but it changes color once rub it on your skin. I've always applied with my fingers and sometimes blend with a flat top brush. This IS the best summer foundation for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by JordynLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I bought this a few weeks ago, really excited for this to be my "go-to summer foundation", this has by far been the worst bb cream I've ever bought. It's supposed to "form to your perfect color" or whatever, when I put this on it gave me absolutely no coverage what so ever! I see it work so perfectly for people on YouTube, the color actually develops, there's some coverage but with me it just covered my face in sparkles. Perhaps I'm applying it incorrectly but this is definitely a garbage product for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by debcho

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought it in fair, the texture to me felt sandpapery on my skin. Not pleasant to put on my face and I didn't see that it provided any coverup at all. Combined with no SPF, I think this is a pretty worthless BB cream.