August 20, 2014 | 1994 users online

Blush - NARS - Exhibit A

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by msnola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So, I received a gift certificate to Amazon for X-Mas. I am unemployed at the moment, so I do not spend any money on myself, except what is really necessary. However, the friend who gave me the certificate stated that she wanted me to spend it on a treat. . . enter Exhibit A. While I have been at home, I have been reading MUA daily. What else is there to do? I have become obsessed with the Exhibit A reviews because everyone said that it was such a natural looking blush, although scary as H##L in the pan. I have never had a Nars blush, nor have I ever had a blush that works, so I thought that I would treat myself to something that everyone seems to really love. I even went out and bought a skunk brush from Target in anticipation! I received Exhibit A, and although I thought I was prepared for the color of the blush in the pan from the reviews - well - nothing can really prepare you for that color, can it? I am pretty fair with yellow undertones, and I really thought that this wasn't going to work, despite the assurances from the reviews that it would. Oh Goodness!! This is the first blush that I have tried in 30 years that makes me look like I am blushing, rather than that I am wearing blush. Peach blush has not worked (who blushes peach?) and pink never really looked right. Who would have thought that a bright red/orange was the answer? I never would have picked this blush if it weren't for you lovely ladies leading the way. It is almost better that I ordered it online and didn't see it in person beforehand, because I think that I really would have been turned off and not purchased. Thank you for your guidance! If I ever run out of this, I will repurchase.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Scarlet1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a blushaholic, if there was ever one. I am a true sucker for anything that makes you glow, look like you've ran in the snow, or even had too much sun etc.....Anything that screams healthy without actually having to be healthy...well, anyway this blush is in the catagory of pretty bad ass. Used sparingly, of course, this can give you a day at the beach glow, that one amazing hue that doesn't compare to anything else you've ever tried. So unique. Love it.....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 2:22:00 AM More reviews by ally138

this blush looks extremely intimidating in the pan. it is a bright bright red and when i first saw this, like many reviewers below me, i asked 'who would buy this!?'

like all nars blushes it is super pigmented, a tiny tiny bit goes a long way. i use the nars yachiyo brush to apply; dab very gently in the pan to pick up a little product and lightly tap onto my cheeks and then blend blend blend.

this gives a beautiful natural flush look that i absolutely love. it just brightens up your face and makes you look 'awake'. i think someone mentioned below about a 'i just was out for a run' kind of flush. very natural, and lasts all day.

this shade is would most likely be very flattering on all skin tones whether you're dark or light. fyi: i am asian with yellow skin tones; nars foundation in fiji/punjab, mac face & body in c3, laura mercier sand.

although this blush is a higher price point [$29 at the nars counter @ the bay] this will probably last me forever with the amount you have to use, so it's definitely worth the price. i don't recommend buying this online without testing, you definitely need to try this blush before purchasing. if i was to ever run out, i would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 4:40:00 AM More reviews by snkatha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

Oh my god! I have never been so in love with a makeup product. It's hella pigmented, bright red in the pan. However on my skin nc50 mac, it gives me this sexy flush. I look like am truly blushing and alive. Seriously woc please run and get this. Use a skunk brush and you'll look fabulous. Hg!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

the first time i saw this blush in person i was like, who would ever buy this?! turns out i would, lol.

the best way to apply this (as many before me have said) is to very gently touch the surface of the blush with a stippling brush, such as the mac 187. then you just need to blend blend blend. i haven't mastered it yet so i usually have to tone it down with nico blush and a kabuki, but the result is so natural and beautiful. i bought this during the friends and family sale so i only started using it recently since the weather has gotten chilly. this color looks like the natural blush that occurs when you come into a warm house from outside in the cold.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by mxgirl2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

so glad i bought this!!...after literally two years of talking myself out of buying this blush, i finally took the plunge and ordered it from sephora. i was very iffy about whether or not i would like the fact that the blush is matte, and was even more worried about looking like a clown since the blush is so pigmented. HOWEVER, all my worries were a waste of time. this blush is simply AMAZING and well worth the 25 dollars. most people use the mac 187 or 188 to apply pigmented blushes like these, but i like to use a fan brush. it gives a gorgeous natural cheek color. so happy i finally bought this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 3:35:00 PM More reviews by benbaymom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was kind of freaked out when I walked out of the mall and looked at this in natural light, it's sooo bright!! But, it's probably the best blush I've ever bought. It makes me look healthy, not made up, really natural, which seems weird from looking at how bright it is in the pan. I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by princess_jess73

I am so drawn to bright blushes and I kept swatching this and I am glad I bought it.I said I would buy again but I don't think I would ever use up a nars blush unless I used the same one for 5 year straight. I love love this blush and I honestly think it could look beautiful on anyone. It is a perfect rosy red flush--cold from the snow, (excercising if you don't get ALL red like me, windblown etc.) I am a ppp for ref NW20ish that leans more toward neutral. The tiniest amount popped on by a skunk and blended into the apples and whola--a nice perfect flush. Now I wouldn't use this with cooler colors. I like wearing this alone with a bit of mascara, black liner and clear gloss or for a pinup look with winged liner, neutral eyes and a red lip.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 2:03:00 AM More reviews by ICandi520

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this blush. I can't stress how beautiful this blush it. I'm a MAC NC/NW50, DDD for reference. When I first recieved this blush and opened it out popped a BRIGHT and I mean BRIGHT red flash...lol! I was a bit nervous about using it because it was so bright that it actually put me in the mindset of it being a very pigmented eye shadow. I used my MAC 188 and lightly dabbled it in the compact. It went on the brush just as red as it was in the compact. I then dabbled a bit of it on the apples of my cheeks and it looked GORGOUS!! It looked like I pinched the apples of my cheeks. It was subtle but noticable. The awesome thing is about this blush is that you can build it up to make it as "stand outish" as you need it to be. This blush is HG material and it would work on ALL skin tones. And it's not shimmery which is a huge plus if you want the color without all the shimmer. GET THIS BLUSH!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by pradachic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Fantasic for dark skin, I use it with Taj Mahal and it gives me sun kissed cheeks. HG