September 15, 2014 | 870 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by katiekatie1010

I have mixed feelings on this product. The first tube I bought (back in the summer when my ghost like skin was almost tan) was amazing. I LOVED it. It didn't create a mask on my skin, the color blended perfectly and best yet, after I took it off at night, it seemed like my red patches and acne had been helped. So of course, when I got lighter in the winter, I bought the pale shade expecting the same results. Wrong. First off, the lightest shade doesn't seem much light than the light-medium. I had noticed the darker shade pulling orange on me as I reached my winter color, and the light shade does the same. (I should note that I have a neutral skin tone, so most foundations do not actually match well with my skin.) I'm not seeing the same benefits the my skin tone with this tube either, so I'm wondering which of my experiences was the fluke.
I'll probably repurchase this in my summer shade seeing as how great that particular tube was, but I don't think I'll ever buy the light version again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by thesvenni

This was the first bb cream I ever bought... I got it around 1.5 years ago. Even though the tube is quite small, it lastet me a really long time (about a year). I like the consistensy, and it has nice, light coverage, that doesn't look cakey - even on dry skin, which I really appreciate. I like to apply it with fingers or a beauty blender. Even though I am quite oily, it didn't make me more oily, but it didn't control my oils either (which I didn't expect). It didn't break me out at any point. It fades throughout the day, it only last for a couple of hours, maybe even less in the summer time. Powder helps this, of course. When you travel with it, a bit of product comes out in the lid, but it is a ok, quite sanitary packaging. I would say it is a nice, inexpensive, basic drugstore bb cream, which I do recommend. It blends nicely. I will probably repurchase in the future, but next I am going to try the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream instead :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Rubymm

I actually HATE this product! It's so so bad for me! If you have even the most tiniest bit of oil on your face this will make it so much worse! And this broke me out like crazy I've never had so much acne in my life it just looked like and awful sticky red mess on my face by the end of the day! Yuck never will I even think about buying again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Honeycake78

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the first BB cream that I've tried out and I like it! I use it for school and casual outings. The coverage isn't that good (I have scarring from acne), so I use concealer and a translucent powder over the cream. (Also because it can be a little oily-looking.) However it evens out your skin tone and smooths the texture of your skin, giving your face a fresh and energized appearance. A couple of bonuses is that it is hydrating and doubles as sunscreen!

I bought this cream at my local Walgreens. The price, in my opinion, is a bit high considering the amount that's in the container. (A dime-sized amount is just enough for each use, btw.) But when I initially bought my first tube of BB cream, the seal was ripped so I had to take it back to get another one. Apart from the fact that I probably should have checked the seal beforehand anyhow, I must say that the packaging is less than conventional. It is way too easy for someone to tamper with the product in the store, so look carefully at any product's seal before buying it, people!

This product is smooth and not too runny or thick. It spreads on fairly easy and gives adequate coverage for acne-scarred skin. The smell is just fine and it adjusted to my skin tone perfectly. It feels very lightweight and doesn't clog your pores, which makes the product perfect to wear to school. (I also love this BB cream because I don't have to keep reapplying it.)

In short, I would definitely recommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by benefitgal98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really didn't like this bb cream. It felt a little watery and since i have oily skin it made my face look like a grease pot. It cancelled out a bit of the redness i have, but nothing else.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Maddy321

I love this BB cream :) It lasts on my face for a good 6 hours and evens out my complexion nicely, I also love the consistency and how easy it is to blend. It is perfect for a light, every day coverage :)
The reason I did not give this product a 5 was because it is meant to be skin tone adapting however it does make me look very pale, however a bit of powder normal sorts that out :)
Overall a very good product, Good for everyday use or young people (such as myself) just getting into makeup :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by laurahapper

OMG! Where do I begin?

OK. Makeup for me is something I use not to look good, but to feel good. Looking good in makeup is secondary. I use it to feel comfortable in my skin and confident within myself. So, with that short tangential philosophical mini-rant, I can start by saying that this BB cream made me feel TERRIBLE. I LITERALLY felt terrible because the product sat on my skin like a horrible pomade, as time passed (4 hours, not that much) my skin was terribly oily. UGH, I felt a constant urge to wipe my face with a Bounty, or a towel, or the carpet from my workplace, ANYTHING. Just terrible. I ended up washing my face as soon as I had the opportunity to do so. I had other errands to run, but the horrible feeling left me with no choice. The first day I used this, the first hour I wore it, my whole face was super red like I had finished running the Boston Marathon with Keyan-like speed. I decided to give it a second try and the same thing happened. This is a terrible product.

As for the color, I'm olive skin NW30. I bought the Light to Medium shade and I looked grey-like. That's if you factor out the redness it produced in my skin. Terrible.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I wouldn't buy this again. This unfortunately looks orangey on me and doesn't do much. This is not a BB cream by any means. This is more of a sheer tinted lotion. It's ok in the summer but I would rather just use something else.

I am NW20 and the lightest shade was still too dark and orange. I am not oily and this made my face oily within a few hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by sashnk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this BB cream and I'm happy with it. It's very light and feels good on my face. However if you want a great coverage, perhaps you should look for something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by sparklyturtles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is ok. Products work differently for everyone so im just gonna tell you what happened to me and let you decide on whether you will like it. :)
-i got this for around $7 at target, so a pretty good price
-my skin is pretty pale, so unfortunately the "light" shade, the lightest, was kind of orangey. it isn't a huge deal because it is pretty sheer, but it does make my face a bit warmer than my neck if i don't blend it down
-although the shades are forgiving, the coverage is more than i would have expected. it covers redness ok, but definitely not good coverage, kind of sheer to light, but i can see a difference.
-when i first apply this product, it definitely is not matte. it is dewy at first, but throughout the day becomes pretty oily (in conjunction with my oily skin) and honestly looks kinda gross on me because of my rough skin. but if you have dry-normal, smooth, and pretty even toned skin this may be perfect.
-it lasts longer than most bb creams and foundations (8 hours easily) and doesn't oxidize. when i set it with a powder it gets less oily, but after about 4 hours, my oils break through. (with a more matte foundation it usually takes around 7 hours)
Like i said it doesnt work for me because of my skin type, but it might work for you.