E.L.F. Studio Lip Exfoliator

4.5

Sugar, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol, Aspartame, Fragrance.

on 11/9/2013 8:20:00 PM

I ordered it online to try it out, since i heard a lot of good reviews on it. My lips are not super dry or super chapped, but I like to keep them moisturized and dry skin free, so that they would look good with a lip product on.
PS: when you try it for the first time, the first layer will only be like a lip balm, the grainy part comes after a few swipes. Dont freak out! :)
Ive always been using a wet towel of a tooth brush to take of excess skin on my lips, but this is a great option too.

SCENT & TASTE
The FIRST thing I noticed when I applied it was the scent. Its smells so GOOD! Im not good at describing scents, but it has a sweet vanilla scent. It does not smell chemical or cheap.
It tastes a mix of 2 things: sweet and the other I cant described, its a weird taste\smell, but not disturbing.

PACKAGING AND PRICE: Of course, the price is great. 3$. The packaging is great too, its very convenient. You can carry it in your purse if you want to: a quick non-messy way to exfoliate lips without a toothbrush or towel. The tube itself does not look cheap. For the price, you get 4.4 g, which is good. But for me, its not a lot because I use is several times a day, with my sister too. The bullet diminishes quite quickly xD

PERFORMANCE: This does the same job a toothbrush or towel would do. But, there is a plus: it moisturizes my lips too! However, I think that if you have REALLY chapped lips, this could be a bit painful if youre in a rush. The grainy part is rough, thats why it works. With chapped lips, using a bit more time is better.

on 11/7/2013 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Convenient and does its job!

on 11/5/2013 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Have repurchased this product so many times as gifts and for myself! I used to use the lip scrubs from lush and this is similar but cheaper and much more convenient. Easiest application you could ask for and it really feels like your pampering your lips, not like a chore.

The ingredients and benefits of this product are excellent in the short and long term. It gives instantly smooth, moisturised and yummy lips! In the long term I have noticed I don't even need to exfoliate my lips as often.

Only thing I would note is that the first time I used it with water on my lips and this wasn't so good for the product as it dissolved the top layer. I now use it with a really teeny bit of lip balm on my lips first and the results are excellent!

on 10/28/2013 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Read in more than a handful of articles that this was an essential buy, and they were right. It smells and tastes like the natural ingredients that it uses and it's easy to apply, making exfoliating your lips a cinch. I compare this to Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Scrub, which came in a jar and is a cult classic. I actually like ELF's lipstick bullet formula better because Fresh's formula was jelly like and got everywhere on the mouth.

Love that Target has an ELF section now, because that makes it even more attainable. There's nothing worse than ordering something online and having to not only pay extra money to have it shipped to you but also WAIT for it to ship to you.

on 10/23/2013 1:25:00 PM

A lip exfoliator that you can keep in your purse and use anywhere, anytime? Yes, please! I've used mine at least 10 times and it hasn't broken on me like it has for a few people here. Maybe there was a lame batch. It works great, although if I overuse it, my lips actually get chapped, but that's my fault for not being able to stop, haha! Beautiful packaging, great taste/smell.

on 10/23/2013 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

With the ingredients list and the price it hard to pass up! Avocado, jojoba and shea! No mineral oil in sight! The scent is the only down side of this product- you get a cheap chocolate, vanilla, hazelnut fragrance oil, ugh. Make sure you use it like it states- wet lips (after shower or washing your face works well) and apply. Great little treat to get all your girlfriends for the colder months ahead!

on 10/23/2013 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

WOW!!! IS ALL I CAN SAY. THIS IS AWSOM FOR $3. BE CAREFUL IT BREAKS EASLY BUT ITS OK I TAKE QTIP AND SCOOP OUT, ADD COCONUT OIL OR OILIVE OIL AND SCRUB. I LOVE IT. ITS MAKE LIPS SOOO SMOOTH. YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH THIS.
BUY MORE THAN 1. REVIEWS ON YOUTUBE UNDER-FEARLESS FEMME

on 10/18/2013 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I very rarely give products five stars (ahem, lippies), but the E.L.F lip exfoliator definitely meets the mark. Yeah, the product is a little loose in the tube and can get mashed against the side if you're rough with it (which I am), but come on. I mean it's three dollars. Buying your own sugar and olive oil is cheaper in the long run, yes, but using this product is well worth the convenience of not having to mix up a little recipe every morning and evening.

The product does its job, and well. It leaves lips feeling soft and makes lipstick application so much smoother. It also tastes and smells good to boot--I mean it's made out of sugar and fat, so of course it tastes good :)

I'd rebuy this for the rest of my life, unless another brand came out with an equally good 2 dollar version of course.

on 10/17/2013 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this cautiously, having read mixed reviews on this products online. But I'm glad I did because I'm OBSESSED! I apply this every morning before my makeup and my lips have never been better! I now wear my frosty/dry lipsticks without blinking! This product is like a brown sugar scrub but in a stick form. You have to warm this up on your lips for a minute for it to spread nicely. Rub it in, wipe off the excess, follow with a balm! I keep a balm on while I do my makeup and apply my lipstick last. This product will cure your dryness/flakiness within days and you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. It also tastes amazing. For $3 I think everyone should try this.

on 10/16/2013 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have never seen a product like this before so I laughed at the thought of a "lip exfoliator". But that was until I tried it. I don't have dry lips but my lip stick tends to flake off. What's the harm in trying a cheap product just to see if it works? And it did!!!! Amazing stuff.
It also tastes good if you accidentally get some in your mouth. But don't try to drink water after you use it because it makes the water taste gross. Weird how that works, but I learned my lesson.

Top Rated Lip Treatments