October 25, 2014 | 1770 users online

Lip Treatments - E.L.F. - Studio Lip Exfoliator

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by BeccahH

Ok, I get it. I was using plain sugar on my lips to exfoliate, but that can be rough! I finally broke down & spent the $3 to try this. I feel like I got my money's worth. After using this my lips looked much improved with lipstick on. I was getting depressed, because I just started wearing lipstick again, after a 7 year hiatus of sticking with lip gloss. I thought my lips were looking aged :( Not so, I just needed proper exfoliation. I'm giving the Lip Exfoliator 4 lippies because I noticed aspartame in the ingredient list, which I find completely unnecessary as an ingredient in a sugar based product. Seriously, WTH is up with that E.L.F.?

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a must have in my makeup box. It's very effective as an exfoliator. It's very easy to apply with the lipstick tube, and then I use my fingers to rub the sugary mixture into my lips. I then rinse the product and apply a thin layer of lip balm before applying color or stain. Some people may choose to not even rinse the product as it is sugary and will dissolve and leave behind a moisturizing film. The packaging is great and the price is fantastic too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

As soon as i heard about this product i went out and bought it, tried it on in the car, and LOVED IT!
I wear lipstick daily, and it goes on so beautifully when i first apply it, but half way through the day my lips start to peel and my lipstick wears off and it looks so bad!

With this lip scrub i can now exfoliate during the day when i notice my lips look icky,
and re apply my lip product so it looks fresh again!
To top it all off, it has the most amazing vanilla taste/smell (not the fake chemical kind) and i just love it on my lips!
HIGHLY recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

Love it love it,it's just perfect.I have always have dry chapped lips and didn't have much luck getting the dead skin off my lips or getting my lips soft ,this solved both issues.It works not to hard or too soft just perfect.
The only thing you have to be careful of is that in can be a little soft so don't press too hard otherwise it will start to become loose and bend backward.
A MUST BUY!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A convenient little product that's definitely worth having. At $3, I have no doubt in repurchasing it. It's simple, it works great, and I can take it anywhere with me which is important to me since my lips can randomly become dry/chapped at any point during my day. So nice to have this on hand. It exfoliates but also moisturizes very well- so sometimes it's not even necessarily for me to apply a balm afterwards. Good job on this one, elf.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Hippiejazzie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love this product. For $3.00, it's a bargain. It does the jobs and makes my lip glosses look fabulous :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok, I picked up one of the last 2 of these that were at the local Target, based upon the rave reviews here. I have not tried it yet. I do know why it is sweet like many posters have said. Aspartame is the next to last ingredient. It is not a deal breaker with me, although I do not eat nor drink anything that contains that. I do not plan to sit down and chomp down this $3 lipstick type product, (Lol!) I gave it 4 lippies, for now, because I have a lot of confidence that it will be the gem it appears to be from the reviews here on MUA. I will definitely update. And it may get a 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by MandeeBird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This lip exfoliator is amazing plain and simple. I bought mine off the E.L.F website as a filler item so I could get the free shipping and by far it is the best thing a got. It smells wonderful (kind of like french vanilla coffee), tastes yummy (like sugar), and doesn't hurt my lips even if I use it every day. I've already repurchased this and will continue to do so. Big thumbs up for this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Mikirulez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is honestly the best thing I've ever bought! For three bucks, my constantly chapped lips are now smooth and pretty. It tastes amazing-like vanilla-and it works better than my LUSH lip scrub ever could AT A 1/4 OF THE PRICE!! I will use this forever and ever... even if it was 20 bucks, Id buy it because it actually makes a difference! BUY IT

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Ibael

I was hesitant to buy this product, my lips are very sensitive and I thought perhaps this product would either tear my lips apart or not do anything at all. I've heard a lot of good reviews about it so I decided to buy it. It's only $3 online, and I find that it works great, all you have to do is rub it on your lips in small circles. The product is like a chap stick with small particles in it that do the exfoliating. When you first start to use it you have to rub a medium layer of pure chap stick like product off of the top, but other than that it works great. It isn't too hard on my lips and the redness from using it goes away in a matter of minutes. Make sure to use a moisturizing lip balm after you use the exfoliator. It smells sweet, almost like a pastry, and the taste is similar though I personally don't like the taste (some of it will get in your mouth).