October 24, 2014 | 898 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by carmenkam

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is very well made except for the hair, I love the handle, the weight, the finish, the length, but the brush hair itself is not ideal for foundation, it has synthetic hair which I prefer, it a more ethical option. The hair has a somewhat shinny/ glossy finish, the hair is also not very dense, the pro is that it doesn't absorb much the product, but the con is that it's difficult to blend foundation evenly, I often see fine streaks on my face & have to smooth them out with fingers. I do like the length of hair which creates a good resistance when I brush it on my face, but the hair quality is so brittle that it feels rough on the skin.

Overall, the design of the brush it excellent, price is decent, but the hair quality is inferior, which makes the application un-enjoyable & the finish undesirable. I much rather the Sigma F82 round top kabuki, also with synthetic hair, similar price & similar shape, but much higher quality hair, more dense and better results.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by jessie5135

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The bristles are firmly packed, gives amazing coverage, multi-use, can get in the under eye area to blend concealer. This brush is definitely worth the reasonable price- awesome product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by lissmorleyx

This brush is amazing i love it! It applied my makeup so smooth it looks soft focus.
By far the best makeup brush ive tried, relatively cheap too
❤️❤️❤️

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by fionavirginia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this brush... I use it to apply liquid foundations. The bristles are soft and its shape and size makes it very easy for me to blend foundation on my face, and yet small enough to apply concealer under my eyes. I have the Sigma F80 kabuki everyone in the beauty community raves about, and it's no doubt a good brush, but personally, I find the Real Techniques Expert Face brush easier to use, and the fact that I can also use it to apply under eye concealer with it makes it my favourite out of the two. It's also easy to wash, dries in a descent period of time, unlike the F80 kabuki that seems to take forever to dry. Overall, this is a great quality, multi-function brush with reasonably good price that won't make you disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Gretalin

I just freaking love this brush! It is great for many things like liquid or cream foundation, blushes and bronzer. It just so easy to buff my foundation in with this brush! And it is super easy to dry after I wash this brush, so you can wash it every time you use it! I jut can't get enough of this brush, it is in my everyday foundation routine for almost 2 month now!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by adele1811

Wanted so much to love this brush but i gotta be true to my conscience...i hate this brush...my elf powder brush was so much better...this brush makes my makeup streaky and all it does is wipe off all my makeup...tried buffing, stippling and painting it on...it doesn't work no matter what i did...the problem is it doesn't deposit the makeup on your face so your brush is totally wet with the foundation thus making it all streaky...i'm just gonna go back to my beloved elf brush :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by darklausal23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great brush for liquid foundation, can stand up in vanity since it has a flat base, nice weight to it & very affordable. I use this brush on a daily basis have 3 in total so I have a clean one at all times

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by iloveblush

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this brush at all. I bought it based on the great reviews but honestly, I don't get the hype. I MUCH prefer my $3 ELF flat top brush. The ELF brush, which I also bough based on the great MUA reviews, is much easier to use and the makes my foundation go on smoothly. This too small, has almost a pointy end and just plain doesn't do anything.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with all of the other reviewers who didn't like this brush. It was a waste of money! Too bad I threw everything out because I would of returned it :( it's the worst foundation brush I've ever tried. I also tried to find other ways to use it & it's just not as good as my other brushes. I bought a few Elf brushes that work better then this one. Maybe I'll give it to my friends daughter to play with!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by DebWil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with the previous reviewer. This brush did nothing to help me apply foundation better. It is way too dense and short to blend foundation out without wiping it off of the skin. I don't know how everyone else is using it that is so miraculous, but for me it was a 'no'.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No