December 21, 2014 | 863 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips in Cherry Me

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Purplegal

What a disappointment! I found the balm to be drying, bad tasting & bad smelling. The color is nice though & that's why I gave it 3 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by FaceOfAnAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

i have fair skin, this is the PERFECT SHADE, doesnt look chalky like lipstick, i love it

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovelots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted something that would give my lips a tint, without being too flashy and showy. You can definately tell this is on your lips with it on, it doesn't really look natural. It's kind of like a subtle lipstick with a sort of gleam. Not to mention it smells like artificial cherry candy and doesn't dry out your lips. You can buy this at a drugstore for about $3. This is a great price, actually. I've seen the advertisement for it in magazines forever now, and it seemed like a cool product, but it seemed like kind of something all lip balms did, heal and protect and make your lips look better and all. The moisturizing on this is okay, but since I wasn't looking for moisturizing much, it's not that big of a deal. It still helps your lips when they are chapped. The taste isn't so good, but number one; you aren't supposed to taste it, that's not the point of it. And number two; most lip products tend to not taste super good or anything. I like that it has SPF 20, protection against the sun and lip color? The bomb. Or should I say the balm? HAHAHAH! The color was brighter than expected, but then again I have ivory skin. It comes off as a pretty color, between a red and a hot pink. Great for a tinted lip balm, don't even have to wear a color over this on special occasions! The packaging is okay, it's like Nivea and lipstick. A lot of people have actually thought this was lipstick. It's in an orange tube, the product is red, and it has a clear plastic cap with bright pink "Baby Lips" written all over in cute lettering. You just twist the tube up. Twisting it all up could be bad, as seen with some of my Nivea lip balms. It can break off and melt easy. I just try to be gentle and not slam it on my lips or anything. It lets you easily see how much product you have. It's my favorite tinted lip balm, and it makes me look polished and cute! I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My lips love this. Super moisterizing. Beautiful color. I love this so much. The hype sort of turned me off, but I'm so glad I gave this product a try. I have dozens of tinted lip balms, and this *may* be my favorite.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by TheresaK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

This as a balm is AWFUL. Feels greasy and not moisturizing at all. I feel like I need to reapply after 30mins.
Colour payoff for a tinted balm though is actually quite nice, but too bad that's not enough to overcome the greasy lip feeling.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by savannah_austin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading several great reviews of this product I couldn't wait to try it. But I was terribly disappointed. The smell and taste are just terrible. I really couldn't get over that even if I liked the balm otherwise. But I don't. It's not nearly as good as Covergirl Lipslicks and it's a serious downgrade from the Fresh Sugar lip treatment I have been using. I won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by redeyelinerjunkie

My FAVORITE tinted lip balm -- and certainly the most moisturizing.

It's also my favorite shade out of the baby lips line. Cherry Me is a pinky-red that looks very natural on the lips, much more natural than pink punch. (They're both quite pigmented, but pink punch is sort of opaque like a sheer lipstick, whereas this is translucent like a stain.)

It may not look like much swatched on the back of your hand, but on your lips it's magic! It enhances the color of your lips no matter what color they are naturally.

The only product I have that's comparable to this is Nivea lip balm in Strawberry. But that's more of a tomato red, which gives your lips a "bitten" look. This is a cool red, which imparts more of a rosey, flushed effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by LauraAnn13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This color looks awesome with my tan skin. You can play it up and it gets pretty red but its a cute red. Its very moisturizing and smooth. Do not leave in your car all day!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by rachelsmiles75

Its ok, a typical lipbalm, doesn't last very long, good colour for a short time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by PeacefulDream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the pop of colour this gives me :) You can also build and layer up the amount of colour you want, which I really like :) It's also quite moisturizing :)