April 17, 2014 | 1801 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by kikosaurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have only had this TM for a week but am already in love with it, I was colour matched to Alaska, which suited my NW20 skin tone perfectly. Since my skin is generally quite nice, I only apply this product over my nose and chin using my fingers. It is tinted enough to cover my slightly red nose and the blemishes on my chin but feels barely there. I use a light suncream underneath (to protect the parts of my face that I don't use it on) and my Shu Uemura loose powder over the top-- the TM doesn't need powdering down but I like how my skin feels with it on. I am from Australia, so it was exorbitantly priced ($68)-- if you can afford it, buy it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by clamster

From NARS I am shade BARCELONA in their Sheet Matte Foundation Formula and their Powder Compact SPF 12 Foundation. For the Tinted Moisturizer I am shade ST. MORITZ (Medium with neutral yellow undertones). I have slightly sensitive combination skin. I definitely recommend this! It's broad spectrum sun protection that's oil-free, fragrance free, and non-comedogenic! I originally went to sephora to try the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer but the lovely sales lady said she personally liked this better and gave me samples of both and I have to say I like this one better. It's absorbs well, doesn't make my skin look to greasy, my skin feels like it can still breath and you get more product for what you pay and a less greasy feel compared to the LM one. I have been using this for about a month and it has not given me any skin problems. I have had the MAC SPF tinted moisturizer for a while but I prefer this due to the higher SPF and the fact that it feels more moisturizing. I apply this with my fingers and it takes some blending around because it's pretty liquidy but it absorbs well. It has a very very slight suncreeny smell which I absolutely hate but the smell is not a problem. It's pretty pricey but worth it!
PROS: Broad Sprectrum SPF, nourishing ingredients, sheer (but not too sheer) color, a little goes a long way.
CONS: small color collection, expensive

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by ms_angry_nipples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a NC30 and use MAC MSF Natural in Medium Dark to set it. I have combo skin.

It smells nice, offers SPF protection, light coverage and evens skintone. My skin feels softer when i use it and it's quite hydrating. The color blends outs and hides the redness in some areas. If you have discoloration you will definitely need a concealer under the tinted moisturizer. The finish is satiny (even if the MSF natural applied). I love the product and i would recommend trying this over a heavy BB cream. I feel this product combines their luxury skincare line with their famous Sheer glow foundation.

Price - higher end but cheaper than laura mercier and stila on a per ml basis.

Packaging quality - i love squeeze tub, flip cap with a small opening. Allows control of the product coming out. It's a shorter, flater tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by lam0018

This product is amazing. For someone who hates the bother of applying more than one product in the morning, this is so awesome. I don't even have to bother with moisturizer or sunscreen in the morning anymore and this perfectly evens out my very uneven skin tone and makes me look radiant. I love that it is free of so many bad chemicals as well- being a lover of all natural, organic lines.

Personally, this never made me break out... but everyones skin is different I suppose. It smells nice, like lemon cake, and applies as easily as a moisturizer. The coverage is pretty good, fairly sheer, but covers minor imperfections. Overall, I am going to continue to repurchase this! Especially because I find it hard to find a good quality tinted moisturizer that does NOT have mica in it- because I hate sparkly products that advertise that you are wearing makeup.

Thank you NARS for a wonderful skin-saving product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

My favorite Sephora SA gave me a sample so huge, I could easily wear it for 10 days if I wanted! I wanted to love this, but alas, this tinted moisturizer irritated my skin. The effect is beautiful; once it sets, it's practically undetectable. It makes my skin look very fresh and hydrated (as it should!) and just pretty, with a touch of a sheeny glow. Right after it set, I truly felt like I'd applied nothing at all. However, about five minutes later, I felt like my mild rosacea was flaring up slightly on my cheeks. I could start to see some redness growing from underneath the TM, even though they'd been pinky-pale right before application. Another five minutes after that, I noticed some itchiness between my eyebrows and around my eyes where I'd applied it. I haven't applied any other products to my face, and my skin had been fine all day before using this product, so I know it's the NARS. Huge bummer, considering that Finland was an ideal match for my NW15 skin. After one application, I'm tossing my sample, because I really can't afford a breakout, and I feel like regular use of this product would lead to skin problems.

This is the second face product by NARS that I've used that's given me trouble, the first being their Smudge Proof Eyelid Primer. I'm thinking that girls with super sensitive skin need to be really careful with NARS face MU, or just stick to color products instead.

ETA: My skin has been great and I never get blemishes. I have a really painful zit beneath the skin on my cheek now, and my face still feels twitchy! This stuff really messed me up.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by jaconway89

I got a sample of this at sephora and tried it out. Loved the finish and how natural it looked! I am not sure of the lasting power though because I broke out within a couple hours. It has Algae Extract which is supposedly a highly comodegenic ingrediant. Unfortunately I cannot use this =(

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by hahalex21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The first thing I have to comment on is the color selection. Every color runs pretty yellow or orange. I use the color Finland, which they say has pink undertones, but it had none that I could see, it was pretty yellow. Which is okay for me since my face is more red than the rest of my body and yellow based foundations help me balance that out, but pale redheads with pink skin need to steer clear of any Nars foundations.
With that said, I do like this product. It isn't as moisturizing as I'd have liked, which my skin needs due to the meds I'm on and it being extremely dry, but it's better than a regular foundation for me. When I apply it with my fingers, I get the sheerest coverage but the best results. This product doesn't highlight my skin's current dryness, unless I apply it with a brush, and it helps minimize my pores, strangely enough. It makes my skin feel soft and velvety, but if it were used on someone with oilier skin it wouldn't last too long. I'd recommend this product for drier skinned girls, but oily skins should steer clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by BluEydQT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love this! It makes my pores on and around my nose look non-existent. I just returned my Illamasqua Skin Base for this because it has better coverage, looks more natural and helps even out my skintone. I have mild rosacea along my nose but mostly on my cheeks. I just build the coverage on the red spots and I don't even need undereye concealer with this. I also use BRTC BB cream and learned that even though it's pale I can use bronzer to get it to match. I bought this in Alaska but I believe I'm between Alaska and St. Moritz so I got a sample today and I'll try mixing the two. Really glad I found something moisturizing, lightweight, but yet provides ample coverage. i'm also ordering Murad to help me with my skincare issues.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by goldrauschengel

Very disappointed so far. I bought this in Finland which is the fairest shade, and in the store the scent and formula seemed really promising. However, one hour after application this product just disintegrated into ugly patches on my face, which really shocked me considering the high price and the good reputation of the company...This was my first experience with NARS and I am not happy at all...The only reason I am giving this two stars is that I still have hopes I might be able to make this product work for me by changing the application technique or moisturiser underneath or something...I will have to wait for winter though because the shade is way too light for me in summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by amberlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

An awesome tinted moisturizer with an awesomely high spf!!! Goes on so smooth, has amazing coverage yet still light, doesn't dry me out or make me a grease ball, and stays put without being powdered. This delivers on all counts I look for in a TM, so I couldn't be happier. I'm right in between St. Mortiz and Alsaska so I mix the two or use them on their own depending on whether I've self tanned or not. I like to apply this with either my fingers or a sponge spritzed with MAC Fix+. Looks very natural, and glowy. Will repurchase!!!