December 20, 2014 | 849 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by thatsmyDJ

This is a really great tinted moisturizer. I bought it in the colour Alaska, and it works for my light/medium skintone. I just put a few dots on the areas that are a little red (forehead, around the nose, and chin) and blend it out. I usually use less than a pea sized amount every day. I've almost emptied my bottle and I've had it for 7 months. For me, that definitely makes it worth the more expensive price tag. It is really sheer, it blends right into your skin you can barely tell that you have makeup on, it just makes your skin look even and fresh. I sampled this, and the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer before I decided to purchase, and I found that it blended easier and wasn't as thick as Laura Mercier.

This product does have a faint scent to it, it smells light and citrusy to me. You have to actually put the product up to your nose to smell it, it isn't noticeable once it's applied.

I really like this tinted moisturizer, it is sheer, just enough to cover a bit of redness, easy to apply, doesn't make me breakout, looks natural. I have already recommended this to my friends and will continue to do so!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ClaireV

St moritz is perfect colour match for me just not so sure it is actually oil free as it did make me break out. Shame because its a lovely tm.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by violetpython4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If your looking for a tinted moist with decent coverage and skin care benefits this is def the product for you. I kinda feel like its s cc cream but it was made b4 bb creams even made it to the states lol. ( it contains ascorbyl glycoside witch is a stabilized vit c! Thanks google) also it has kopara in it a sort of algae for cell renewal . I like that it has an SPF of 30. But the colors r weird . Once it is applied it dries down almost 2 shades darker . So so for a lighter shade if your trying this. I would say that it gives 40% more coverage that Laura mercier tinted moist. I feel like I would only grab this if I was going to the beach for the day and wanted a glowing look.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by jodizay

Before this I used the Stila tinted moisturizer and it did not provide enough coverage. I don't like to use foundations as they feel too greasy and heavy for me. I like to wear something that looks natural and feels light. So I read some reviews on this moisturizer and went ahead and bought it. I absolutely love it, for a tinted moisturizer it has amazing coverage and feels amazing. My only problem with it is that it is scented. Not that it has given me any problems yet but I'm usually reluctant to use scented products on my face. I would definitely buy this product again. In fact this is probably the only tinted moisturizer I plan to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Mannie1125

Hands down, best tinted moisturizer I've ever used. The color ranges aren't extensive, but it is sheer, so it can be easily blended in/out to match most skin shades.
If you're like my mom, so pale/white you're practically clear (lol), then you wont be able to use this product. The lightest shade, Finland (which is what I have), is at the darker end of light shades-just before you'd be considered a medium skin tone. It does not oxidize after applying.

Having said that though, this shade is just a fraction of a hair too light for me, but Alaska is too dark on its own (at least during the winter months). Really to get a perfect shade that doesn't wash me out or look too dark, I'd need to mix both the 2 lightest colors together (Finland and Alaska).
I find Finland has just a hint of yellow tone to it, and Alaska to have a hint of orange/pink to it.

The price is up there for a tinted moisturizer, in my opinion. It isn't a foundation, but it isn't really enough to moisturize for real either. And because the shades are limited, having to buy two and mixing them, really makes the price too high.

It blends in great, but it kind of "sits" on the skin too. If you rub your face it easily comes off, and it doesn't last all day on its own. Like when you spend all day outside in the sun and by mid day it starts to break down and melt away. I find all tinted moisturizers do that though, so it was to be expected already.
This has the most natural color and finish though of all the tinted moisturizers I've ever tried (MANY, lol).

Comes in a plastic squeeze tube. Have to be careful the force of squeeze you give it. Easy to get too much and waste it.

I prefer the natural face makeup look for foundations/etc. When I don't want to wear full on sheer foundation though, I use this. It wont hide flaws or zits, but it gently evens out slight redness/uneven tone. Your skin shows through.

Doesn't really have a smell, and doesn't irritate my skin. Works great with a light dusting of Nars's new radiant pressed powder on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by shannonkolsen

I am a full coverage foundation girl. But lately, I've been over that full-done up look. I want to look more like myself, more natural, but still have some coverage. I have been very impressed with this tinted moisturizer. I would actually say it has more coverage than some foundations! My skin looks fresh, glowy and even and it doesn't feel like I have anything on. The product seems to sink into the skin beautifully. I like how I can still see my freckles too. I've tried a lot of tinted moisturizers and I've been the most impressed with this one. I live in AZ and I see this being my go-to face product this summer!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by materialface

I've pretty much finished this TM within a year, of using it on/off. I would say this is a great summer TM. The color range is not wide enough for fair-skinned people. I purchased this in the second lightest shade: Alaska, and in the winter months, this makes my skin orange. I'm on the fence about repurchasing it because I'm not completely in love with it, and it is quite pricey, however it is NARS. I would recommend to try a sample of this first.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by afm6348a

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I introduced this to my GF in the Philippines and she like it for her skin tone. Now she wants me to buy more of this....

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Sahara1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've just recently been introduced to TM and to be honest it's great if you don't want to looked caked on. Nars TM is great I just use my fingers to put it on and it looks flawless. This is very light coverage which I love . However I do find after a couple of hours (5hours) I feel I have no TM on. Not ideal for long hours coverage. I have had no break outs and once I've washed my face my face still feels very soft. It does give you a natural glow. I am asian fairly fair skin and was matched to st moritz. This product is better than the MAC tinted moisturiser which is very dry and it broke me out with spots.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by juliaesands

This is one of the best tinted moisturizers I've ever used. My current stock includes Laura Mercier Illuminating TM (Natural Radiance), MAC TM in Medium, Neutrogena Healthy Radiance Light-Medium, and Bobbi Brown (the reg. version in Light-Medium) but since I've been introducted to this, I think I'm a convert. The texture right out of the tube (which seals and closes perfectly, very little wasted product) has a slightly gelled texture that blends beautifully over just-moisturized skin. There is enough pigment in the moisturizer to make it perfect for doing just a bit more than evening out the skin tone and the product relaxes into your skin immediately. With some moisturizers, esp BB, I noticed that it took a bit for the product to sink in and once it did, I liked the effect it gave me. This is much quicker and the semi-matte finish it gives, soft-to-the-touch, is perfect for me.

To note: I have mixed-to-drier skin. I can't wear heavy creams because they just don't absorb very well and then I get the beginnings of a breakout. I tend to look for products that add moisture, but aren't heavy or greasy in texture.