Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

3.5

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Trisiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Silica Silylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides , CI 77007/Ultramarines)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is great. It does an awesome job on absorbing your facial oils & keeps your face nice and matte throughout the day...btw I have super oily skin.
On the other had it's not a good filler so if you have large pores/ wrinkles I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a good foundation you pair it up with that is silicone based which is usually an ingredient in filler primers.

on 12/11/2012 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have to say, ive tried many different primers but by far this is my favorite one!! I makes my makeup last all day, even after i take a nap my makeup stays on!

on 11/30/2012 7:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been enjoying this primer since the first time I bought it about 6 months ago, I wash my face, apply serum then moisturizer. I always put on this primer afterwards whether or not I wear makeup that day. My skin is more on the dryer side and I like that this helps lock in the extra moisture that I need. My skin feels so smooth and not greasy (however its very rare that I get any greasiness on my face, even during the summer) It also doesn't break me out at all.

If I'm wearing makeup that day, I'll apply this to hide the enlarged pores around my nose and the area between my eyebrows. It makes them a lot less noticeable and helps my makeup last a pretty long time. There was no oxidation and made my makeup look as though i had just applied it. (I wear BB cream more than foundation, but it does help foundation stick well to the face and not show any dry patches. WIth BB cream, it doesn't "block off" any of the affects that it gives such as lightening scars so that's a plus!)

It's a bit on the pricier side for a drugstore product. The bottle I have was about $12 at Rite Aid and I've checked other drugstores as well as places like Target and all these stores sell this product between $12-$15. It comes in a pump which is nice but you can't use up all the product. Sometimes product gets stuck along the side and since you cant screw off the top, that's a bit of wasted product.

Other than that, it's a very helpful product that I love and will continue loving!

on 11/29/2012 3:46:00 PM

I got this primer because I've heard great things about the Revlon Photoready line, and like the translucent finishing powder a lot. This however, was an extreme disappointment. It did feel really nice going on, and my foundation applied smoothly over it, BUT (and this is a big but), it made my foundation oxidize after only a few hours! My face looked greasy and orange, and the only thing I had changed about my routine was the primer I used. I am extremely disappointed with this primer, and will NOT be using or purchasing it again.

on 11/27/2012 10:18:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product since I refuse to pay $30+ for the big name primers, but it caused very strange blemishes on my face and NOTHING breaks me out. I stopped using it and tried it again 3 times with the same results, so it had to be this product.

on 11/27/2012 2:50:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This is a very decent primer, foundation really sticks to it and you can get a more even and fuller coverage. I would recommend this to an oilier skin than mine (dry)

on 11/24/2012 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Do not like this primer. It's just a useless step, to be honest. Just a sticky cream, it doesn't do anything, does not make any difference to my make up. Feels like I needlesly added a layer of silicones into my pores. Will be giving this away.

on 11/11/2012 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have been using this product for a year after reading MUA reviews on it. I absolutely LOVE it. My skin is super sensitive, but I don't break out with this product. I think it looks nice without makeup, but au natural is not an option for me because my skin is overambitious in its pursuit of a pinkish glow - ie without makeup I look like I've spent a long day skiing on the French Alps and I was too vain to cover my pretty face. Or maybe I suffered an unfortunate incident wherein fire ants attacked me from the chin up. (Who knows why, but the end result is a face color that doesn't match the color of the rest of my body. So makeup it is.)

I introduced this product to some of my guy friends who wanted to do something about their pores but didn't want people raising an eyebrow and asking "Since when did you decide to be a drag queen?" They too are in love with this stuff.

Revlon must have changed the bottle a bit. My first two bottles were sealed tight enough that nothing short of sitting in a shark cage and dangling the product on a line outside of it would have busted them open. And that assumed the shark didn't rudely negate your efforts by swallowing the bottle, the cage, and you - even though you were just sitting there patiently waiting to beautify yourself with a little help from God's most powerful bottle opener.

I was able to pop the top off my most recent purchase. I couldn't twist it off, but I could push at an angle and it popped off. No shark required = win.

on 11/8/2012 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I love this primer! Smoothes my skin out and blurs my imperfections a bit. It keeps me oil - free all day, and that's not easily conquered for me. All I wear now it this primer, and under eye concealer if they're really bad (only if they're really bad, as this takes out my small dark circles easily). Other than that, I'm all natural :D

on 10/28/2012 8:03:00 PM

I have bought this product going on 3 times. Although I do absolutely love the corrector, the bottle/pump is poorly designed. If a bottle cost me an ave of $11.00 , then I am losing at least $2.00 with each bottle. I will continue with this another 6 months in the hopes the bottle/pump will be changed. I don't like throwing away good product away. It does amazing job.