July 26, 2014 | 1385 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by deludere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I needed a primer fast and the only luxury makeup stores near me at the time were miles away. I quickly used Google for "best drugstore primer" and got my butt to Walgreens to purchase this. The packaging is nice... a glass bottle and an easy-to-use pump. It initially goes on very smooth and velvety- makes your skin feel really nice. I have a bit of acne and I felt some of it smooth over. It, however, did not make my foundation go on any better than if I were to not use it. It also left pores visible and my makeup caked around my nose. This could be because I was pairing it with Revlon's PhotoReady foundation... not sure... (desperate times call for desperate measures!). I will use a higher quality foundation with this primer and edit my review.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by shycho

Medium Tan Asian, yellow undertones
Mac Foundation Shade NC35, C4
Combination Skin, oily at t-zone & dry at cheeks

I always apply this only on my t-zone area, as my cheeks, as listed above, as very dry and I don't feel the need of primer on them. This product works great, allowing a nice application of foundation, as well as a great wearing time, letting my foundation stay on my skin for a long time. However, when I first used the product, I was shocked at how weird it smelt. I actually believed I was sticking on clay or play-dough on my face, thanks to the odd industrial scent that it has to it. I like the packaging as a whole, but not the way the tip works (where the product comes out). Every time I use the product, I have to press down on the pump a little bit to get rid of the approx. 3mm of hardened or solidified product at the tip of the pump, and throw it out in the bin, then re-pump to apply on my face. Other than these cons, I like this product, and I think I would buy the product again, as I love the price of it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by pcm52311

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has been my favorite primer for a while now. I'm really impressed with it considering I've tried Lorac, Smashbox, MAC prep & prime, plain aloe vera gel, and a few other high end ones with no real luck or change. This primer mattifies my face and greatly reduces the number of times I have to blot over the course of a day which is wonderful. No one wants to be a slave to blotting sheets or powder to get through the day. I have combination skin but this summer has been so humid, I've been oilier than usual and this has been a saving grace for me. It comes in two shades (001.002) and is in pump form. It's creamy and applies smoothly. It retails for around $10 @ Walmart.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by etmel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried different primers before and it is the first primer that I really see the difference. The texture of the primer is quite creamy and very easy to apply. I noticed that using this primer makes the pores on my cheeks less noticeable and my skin also looks better.
It does not have any strong scent, which is good for me.
Does not break me out, but again I do not have sensitive skin.
I am not sure if this helps with the lasting power of my makeup. But, anything that makes me look better is a plus! Would definitely recommend this to others. One of my favorite primer so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Erinite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'll go ahead and say that I'm a huge fan of pump bottles. You can get just the right amount so easily without a big mess. I have oily and acne prone skin that is absolutely a nightmare during the summer months. Let me tell you, a little goes a long way! This primer made my skin matte and very soft and my foundation stayed in place all day. I did have to use oil blotting wipes once after about 4 hours, which is an improvement from the 2 hours I could go before. Take into account also that it is summer and I live in a very humid area.

After my other two experiences with primers (Rimmel and Almay) I was afraid to try again. Both quite literally burned my face and broke me out through irritation. The third try is the charm, here!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by loovexemilyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the first primer I've ever tried and overall I am very pleased! Let me give you a little background on me: my face gets very oily around the T zone, and lately I have been mixing my foundation (Revlon Colorstay) with my facial moisturizer to make the coverage less heavy for summertime. I also do apply self tanner to my face. When I first put this on, I felt so strange. With a naturally oily complexion I felt like I was putting a creamy, yet greasy lotion on my face. It definitely toned down the color of my self tanner I had put on my face (which some days can be a good thing!) Upon application, I could feel the areas of my face evening out a bit. It didn't feel greasy after it settled in for a minute, but it definitely evened and smoothed out things (especially on my nose where I have big pores) I noticed a bit smoother application when it came to applying my foundation with my foundation brush, but if I didn't cover an area of my face evenly with this primer, it definitely showed in my foundation. After I dusted with powder, my face looked so flawless and smooth, like I had just spent hours doing my makeup or that I had naturally smooth and pretty skin! Hours later my skin still looked nice and matte, except my nose did look a tad bit shiny. However, that is the oiliest part of my face and I also do swipe a bit of bronzer on it so the shimmer in that could have had something to do with that. After a long day of being in a hot car, dog kisses, and running errands, my face definitely looked more fresh than when I would have gone with out. It did have a slight sheen but wasn't anything that looked sloppy! My only complaint is I got caught in the rain tonight and wherever the rain hit my face, my foundation came off with it! I also noticed my makeup that is layered on top of this comes off much easier in the shower, which is good, because Colorstay is a pain to get off! Over all I am very pleased with this product and am sure that it will serve me well over the winter months!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried about 3 primers before and this is def the best! i think it does a great job filling in pores and lines making foundation go on very smoothly. the only thing I don't like is that it has less than 1 fl. oz. of product for about $13.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by a1rahma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A great primer for my skin. Blends really well and is very moisturising as well. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by nicolettemfish

I have been in the market for a new primer for quite a while now. I have tried quite a few from NYX to Hard Candy, etc. As a college student on a budget, I'm not really interested in blowing a large sum of money on primer even though I love makeup. So naturally, I started doing my research, and a lot of it. A few days ago I finally picked up this primer, as I just could not even stand to finish the remainder of my NYX primer as I hate it. And let me tell you, this product is absolutely amazing for something I purchased at Walmart... I have oily combination acne prone skin, which, as you can imagine, intensifies when I'm at work because I work in a greasy restaurant environment. When I started smoothing this onto my skin, it made it completely matte as well as incredibly soft, and my foundation went on SO smoothly. (I use Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme makeup.) After application, I just give it a few minutes to set into my skin. Even after a long night closing at work, I came home and everything was still in place. I regret waiting so long to pick this product up, and my other primer failures are either being given away to friends or put away for good. I'm so incredibly pleased with this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by BitoBerlyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I heard great things about this primer after I ran out of two faced Primed & pore less which I love but it's 30$ but worth it all the same. I rarely ever use drugstore products I believe you get what you pay for ! This revlon primer went on smooth but I didn't notice I positive difference in my skin I noticed my skin breakin out like crazy my skin was tight & it almost hurt it was irritated & so was I . If you want a primer I suggest two faced primed & pore less like I said its amazing <3 happy shopping