Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

3.5

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Trisiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Silica Silylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides , CI 77007/Ultramarines)

on 11/27/2012 10:18:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product since I refuse to pay $30+ for the big name primers, but it caused very strange blemishes on my face and NOTHING breaks me out. I stopped using it and tried it again 3 times with the same results, so it had to be this product.

on 11/27/2012 2:50:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This is a very decent primer, foundation really sticks to it and you can get a more even and fuller coverage. I would recommend this to an oilier skin than mine (dry)

on 11/24/2012 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Do not like this primer. It's just a useless step, to be honest. Just a sticky cream, it doesn't do anything, does not make any difference to my make up. Feels like I needlesly added a layer of silicones into my pores. Will be giving this away.

on 11/11/2012 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have been using this product for a year after reading MUA reviews on it. I absolutely LOVE it. My skin is super sensitive, but I don't break out with this product. I think it looks nice without makeup, but au natural is not an option for me because my skin is overambitious in its pursuit of a pinkish glow - ie without makeup I look like I've spent a long day skiing on the French Alps and I was too vain to cover my pretty face. Or maybe I suffered an unfortunate incident wherein fire ants attacked me from the chin up. (Who knows why, but the end result is a face color that doesn't match the color of the rest of my body. So makeup it is.)

I introduced this product to some of my guy friends who wanted to do something about their pores but didn't want people raising an eyebrow and asking "Since when did you decide to be a drag queen?" They too are in love with this stuff.

Revlon must have changed the bottle a bit. My first two bottles were sealed tight enough that nothing short of sitting in a shark cage and dangling the product on a line outside of it would have busted them open. And that assumed the shark didn't rudely negate your efforts by swallowing the bottle, the cage, and you - even though you were just sitting there patiently waiting to beautify yourself with a little help from God's most powerful bottle opener.

I was able to pop the top off my most recent purchase. I couldn't twist it off, but I could push at an angle and it popped off. No shark required = win.

on 11/8/2012 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I love this primer! Smoothes my skin out and blurs my imperfections a bit. It keeps me oil - free all day, and that's not easily conquered for me. All I wear now it this primer, and under eye concealer if they're really bad (only if they're really bad, as this takes out my small dark circles easily). Other than that, I'm all natural :D

on 10/28/2012 8:03:00 PM

I have bought this product going on 3 times. Although I do absolutely love the corrector, the bottle/pump is poorly designed. If a bottle cost me an ave of $11.00 , then I am losing at least $2.00 with each bottle. I will continue with this another 6 months in the hopes the bottle/pump will be changed. I don't like throwing away good product away. It does amazing job.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a really great product. It lasts all day on my oily skin and the pot lasts me around three months of moderate use. I'd reckon a person who uses their primer every day would get around two months out of the jar, which for the price is good. Lovely luminous finish, goes on like moisturizer but feels really matte on skin.

on 10/11/2012 8:42:00 PM

Great primer, leaves me with flawless skin and fills out my visible pores really well. I use this with Revlon's Photoready foundations.

Only downside for me is not being able to get out all of the product when I get about a centimetre from the bottom. The pump gave up the ghost for me and there's no other way to get it out. Would be great if the top could be screwed off as well!

Otherwise, very happy and will buy again.

on 10/10/2012 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

While walking through my local drugstore I saw this primer and realized that I needed a new primer (since my old primer ran out)! I bought it solely out of impulse without researching about it (like I normally do) and I have to say that this product really is something worth trying!

I have combination skin that really gets really oily in the summer and dry in the winter so for having it about a year, I managed to try this product throughout both harsh seasons.

The first thing I have to say is how long it lasts! For me, half a pump is just enough for covering my nose, the sides of my nose, forehead, and lips since that's where my foundation tends to disappear!

The consistency is really something that can't be explained. The product comes out of the precise pump in a lotion/gel like consistency in a kind of white/pink color and as soon as you rub/pat/glide the product on to the skin, it turns translucent.

The product leaves my treated areas feeling smooth and matte! Yes, matte! I even found it hard to stop feeling my skin after the application! It only gets better as I apply my foundation. The primer, for me, actually helps blend my foundation easily since my face is much more smooth!

With the primer, my foundation has lasted a whole school day with only little fading at the bottom of my chin/jawline (from resting my head on my hand all day from boring classes haha!) and I have to say that this primer is the best I've tried so far in terms of longevity. Everything else looks flawless!

One problem I have about this is the packaging! The bottle is made out of thick glass while the pump is plastic. The shape of the bottle is so thick and small that it's not so travel friendly (also heavy!). And sometimes when I pump, the product actually dries in the pump itself so sometimes I get the hardened primer that's not effective anymore.

Besides that problem, the product itself is fantastic. The packaging doesn't really affect my opinion on the product because the product works so well! Overall, I DEFINITELY reccommend this product for everyone from oily to dry skin. I only docked off a lippy because of the packaging and the price for a drugstore primer. Otherwise, it's my HG primer!

As a drugstore product - it's really good! And has cured me of brand snobbery!

It creates a smooth canvas, really really diminishes pores, making my skin look a lot smoother - helps my mu last longer- like a few hours longer - which is AWESOME. Especially considering this hs NO alcohol in like pretty much all the other makeup hold in place products and primers around - so it's skin kind, no irritations, no breakouts.

I use MAC primer protect and perfect spf 50 - which is WAY more expensive, but leaves my skin much more greasy, has a lot less staying power for mu and leaves my skin looking far less smooth and pore-less. So, EXCELLENT product! I also appreciate that it has no SPF (most products WITH spf will not even give the protection they advertise, because of how small the percentage of sun protection is in the product!) as it means it will not make me pasty in photos - great for nights out, where photos are being taken but you want your mu to last!

Thanks Revlon!

okay...this peels off. ~(edit)

Popular Primer/ Correctors