December 22, 2014 | 1692 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by candicenicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product! DO NOT BUY IT! Honestly, when I put it on my fingers before I put it on my face, I was super excited - it felt smooth and almost like a Smashbox primer. I put it on my face and even then it still felt great. I totally was WRONG! As soon as I applied my foundation on my face, my foundation literally looked like facepaint and it felt like I had 4 layers of makeup on. I like the packaging and the size is great - wish there was a great drugstore primer with this bottle but unfortunately, I would not even wish this product against my worst enemy. I threw it away the same day I bought it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Silverlife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer at my local drugstore. It settled into my pores and became cakey on my skin. When I tried to put on my foundation, it rolled up like dead skin. It took a facial scrub (and I mean REALLY scrub)to get it off my face. I stared over, and waited a little longer before I tried my foundation, with the same results. After several tries over a couple of weeks, I realize it is not the product for me. Even if it looked nice or helped my foundation look smoother, it is so hard to remove, I don't think I'd want to use it. Do you remember using paste in first grade, the kind you spread on with a plastic stick attached to the lid? That's what this Revlon Primer felt like on my face, and that's what it looked like when it rolled up on my skin... paste. It cost about $11, and I really wish I had shopped more wisely and read some reviews before I wasted that money. I am 51, fair skinned, very light wrinkling (crows feet), minor crepe-like texture in the jowl area, but over all good skin for my age and no issues with dry skin or acne. If you have similar skin, you may want to try something else. Hopefully this will help someone, and if anyone has successfully used this product, I'd love to hear your application method. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by lizzredhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in LOVE!!! At first when I put it on I really didn't see any difference in my skin. Once I put my foundation on OMG, it looked sooooooo much better than by itself!! I had a beautiful flawless finish, pores became invisible. My skin looked gorgeous!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by bbjjyoung

Love how the product goes on.The bottle is not a good design that it done get all the product out ,a least a quarter of the bottle left .Dries fast not like others that stay tackie

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by babygirl24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Written 9/23/2012
So I finally have this primer! Tried it out just once and I really liked it! So silky and smooth when i applied it on before makeup. The pump is genius! Will be watching how it acts as the weather starts to change from summer to fall.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by traubelein

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i LOOOVE this primer. It doesn't really matter what foundation you wear as long as you have a good primer underneath it and this is definitely a good quality primer with a price tag that doesn't immediately flatten your wallet. It keeps my makeup from sliding off and I look flawless all day, sort of like a mannequin. It does not irritate or cake my skin. Really happy that I found this. I will keep purchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2012 6:28:00 AM More reviews by rosemua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hated this. It sunk into the skin really quickly which meant I had to use 10x more than usual, it didn't smooth my skin or feel nice, and it smelt funny.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by rbcarl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This primer dried like white chalk on my face. My tinted moisturizer didn't spread evenly and looked terrible. I have normal to dry skin.

I think if you have oily skin this might work, otherwise stay away!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by itsjannah

This product is very nice. It gives my skin a soft oil free finish throughout the day. I can wear it alone for a natural look or with revlon photoready liquid foundation for a more flawless appearance. It's cheaper compared to other brands but it's promising. I love it and I will definately repurchase this one :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by almondeyed1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg Omg, I absolutely adore this primer. The main reason why I use a primer is to keep my face matte and to control the oil production in my t-zone. I also wear primers to keep my makeup long-wearing, fill in pores, smooth fine lines, etc. I've used several primers from high end to low end. All of the primers I have used have been good, but have not kept me matte as long as the Revlon one. I was running out of my Mac Prep and Prime spf 50 and decided to save some money and get a drugstore primer. After reading several reviews I decided on getting the Revlon primer and I've fallen in love. First off, I love the packaging and the design of the bottle. The primer doesn't feel like a traditional silicon primer, but it goes on smooths and dries to a soft satin finish. It's hydrating enough for dry skin, but mattifying enough for oily skin. It fills in lines and makes my pores disappear:). My skin will start to get slightly dewy around 3-3.5 hours when I use my Mac or Tarte poreless primer (which I absolutely adore as well). I don't mind looking slightly dewy btw. When I wore the Revlon primer and looked in the mirror around the 3 hour mark, I looked exactly the same as when I first put it on in the morning. After five hours, I started to get a slight glow on my forehead (my forehead produces the most oil throughout my tzone). I would say it looked like a healthy sheen. I checked the mirror after 8 hours and I was slightly oily. I have never been able to go for so many hours without blotting at least once. Out of all the primers I have used, I would have never thought that I would ever find one that would keep me matte for so long, and especially one that came from a drugstore. My skin and my pockets are very happy:). I wanted to add that the primer doesn't give a flat matte dead look, but it does give a perfect airbrushed effect to the makeup. It is indeed longwearing and I haven't gotten any breakouts. It would have received 5 lippies, but it lacks something that the tarte poreless primer has (I would give the tarte 4 lippies as well because it lacks the mattifying effects of the revlon). The tarte poreless primer gives the most beautiful soft focus effect to the face. You literally look like a airbrushed picture lol. If the revlon primer had the soft focus effect of the tarte, it would be perfect. But it's close to perfect, and I'm extremely satisfied with it.

Edit: I still keep the original rating for the primer because I still absolutely adore it. I have noticed that after experimenting with several foundations that the primer works best with foundations that already good at keeping the skin mattified. The review really pertains to how the primer performed with my Clinique Stay Matte foundation. With that foundation, my skin stayed relatively matte for up to 8 hours. My other foundations like my Clinique Perfectly Real compact foundation are for oily skin types but I will get really oily after a couple of hours. The primer made my skin look flawless but I was oily around 4 hours of wearing the foundation. I would still definitely repurchase it though:).