Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

3.5

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Trisiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Silica Silylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides , CI 77007/Ultramarines)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this primer! For those with oily skin, this one may really help keep that good matte look.

It's smooth, goes on silky, and drys fast, and really does minimize my pores! My makeup really does look better when I use this first underneath. The price is about almost $14 where I live, but to me very worth it. :)

I actually love mixing this one with a tiny bit of VS PRO Airbrush FX Illumiating Primer (from Victoria's secret) and its a perfect combo before using mineral powder, liquid foundation or with just bronzer powder and blush!

This is the first primer I've ever purchased and I bought it on a whim. I'm pleased with it. It mattifies my t zones and makes me pores appear much smaller (have huge ones on my nose and cheeks). I would like to also try the color correcting primer for the redness on my face. This primer has a pleasant smell and silky feel. I wear this over my problems areas when I don't feel like slathering on my foundation and it keeps my skin smooth and matte. I do not like how the product dries and the tip of the pump and it comes out as a hard little clump the next time you use it, so you lose a tiny bit every time. Other than that I'm happy thus far!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

FYI: I am a Latina woman with very fair olive skin, sensitive combination type (dry forehead, oily nose & chin, normal cheeks) in early maturity (minor facial lines, redness). Shade refs: LM Creme Silk in Cream Ivory, Bobbi Brown in Warm Ivory, Revlon Colorstay in Buff

I don't think there's another primer in the DS market to compare in quality to this one. It also beats out many higher-end, more expensive primers.

This isn't a combination product. No antioxidants or moisturizers or sunscreen. It does one thing well: prime the skin. Product has a moderately thick lotion texture and should be smoothed quickly on clean skin for best results. Two pumps of this give my combination skin a smoother, more refined matte finish. I apply this primer to my lips as well and it works wonderfully under lip color.

Foundation applies more smoothly, and wears longer on my skin when I use this primer. It does a good job of temporarily minimizing my pores (moderate in my nose area) and facial lines (forehead and eyes, fine to moderate). I wish it lasted longer (full workday) but the look "softens up" a bit after several hours of wear. I also seem to get more even coverage from sheerer finish products (tinted moisturizers) over this primer.

Packaging: the lovely pump bottle is pretty elegant, but the primer does clog the pump, even with regular (daily) use. Still, this is a small concern IMHO because the pump allows the most sanitary, controlled application.

I'm torn between this product and my Too Faced Primed and Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer. I like Revlon's oil-free finish, but Too Faced has a lovely nude tint to it that blends naturally into skin. Revlon has a pale blush pink tint that does leave a hint of "white cast" on skin. I reach for the Revlon more frequently but on my dry skin days Too Faced is more comforting.

If this primer had a nude tint, I'd give it a 5 star rating.

I love this stuff. Works amazingly well for me. My foundation applies like a dream and it wears a lot longer without sliding off my face or making me look like an oily disaster.
But what the heck is wrong with the pump?! Once it gets to a certain level I cannot get any more product out. I have to keep pumping it forever and ever until it decides to give me half of what I need for my face. I can't get the lid off to depot it either. So frustrating. I would hope Revlon realizes that and fixes it. Great product other wise. Just wish I could use it all

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is great. It does an awesome job on absorbing your facial oils & keeps your face nice and matte throughout the day...btw I have super oily skin.
On the other had it's not a good filler so if you have large pores/ wrinkles I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a good foundation you pair it up with that is silicone based which is usually an ingredient in filler primers.

on 12/11/2012 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have to say, ive tried many different primers but by far this is my favorite one!! I makes my makeup last all day, even after i take a nap my makeup stays on!

on 11/30/2012 7:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been enjoying this primer since the first time I bought it about 6 months ago, I wash my face, apply serum then moisturizer. I always put on this primer afterwards whether or not I wear makeup that day. My skin is more on the dryer side and I like that this helps lock in the extra moisture that I need. My skin feels so smooth and not greasy (however its very rare that I get any greasiness on my face, even during the summer) It also doesn't break me out at all.

If I'm wearing makeup that day, I'll apply this to hide the enlarged pores around my nose and the area between my eyebrows. It makes them a lot less noticeable and helps my makeup last a pretty long time. There was no oxidation and made my makeup look as though i had just applied it. (I wear BB cream more than foundation, but it does help foundation stick well to the face and not show any dry patches. WIth BB cream, it doesn't "block off" any of the affects that it gives such as lightening scars so that's a plus!)

It's a bit on the pricier side for a drugstore product. The bottle I have was about $12 at Rite Aid and I've checked other drugstores as well as places like Target and all these stores sell this product between $12-$15. It comes in a pump which is nice but you can't use up all the product. Sometimes product gets stuck along the side and since you cant screw off the top, that's a bit of wasted product.

Other than that, it's a very helpful product that I love and will continue loving!

on 11/29/2012 3:46:00 PM

I got this primer because I've heard great things about the Revlon Photoready line, and like the translucent finishing powder a lot. This however, was an extreme disappointment. It did feel really nice going on, and my foundation applied smoothly over it, BUT (and this is a big but), it made my foundation oxidize after only a few hours! My face looked greasy and orange, and the only thing I had changed about my routine was the primer I used. I am extremely disappointed with this primer, and will NOT be using or purchasing it again.

on 11/27/2012 10:18:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product since I refuse to pay $30+ for the big name primers, but it caused very strange blemishes on my face and NOTHING breaks me out. I stopped using it and tried it again 3 times with the same results, so it had to be this product.

on 11/27/2012 2:50:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This is a very decent primer, foundation really sticks to it and you can get a more even and fuller coverage. I would recommend this to an oilier skin than mine (dry)

Popular Primer/ Correctors