January 31, 2015 | 1530 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by KittyLovesGingers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really great product. It lasts all day on my oily skin and the pot lasts me around three months of moderate use. I'd reckon a person who uses their primer every day would get around two months out of the jar, which for the price is good. Lovely luminous finish, goes on like moisturizer but feels really matte on skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by lyndaanne123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great primer, leaves me with flawless skin and fills out my visible pores really well. I use this with Revlon's Photoready foundations.

Only downside for me is not being able to get out all of the product when I get about a centimetre from the bottom. The pump gave up the ghost for me and there's no other way to get it out. Would be great if the top could be screwed off as well!

Otherwise, very happy and will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Kennilyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While walking through my local drugstore I saw this primer and realized that I needed a new primer (since my old primer ran out)! I bought it solely out of impulse without researching about it (like I normally do) and I have to say that this product really is something worth trying!

I have combination skin that really gets really oily in the summer and dry in the winter so for having it about a year, I managed to try this product throughout both harsh seasons.

The first thing I have to say is how long it lasts! For me, half a pump is just enough for covering my nose, the sides of my nose, forehead, and lips since that's where my foundation tends to disappear!

The consistency is really something that can't be explained. The product comes out of the precise pump in a lotion/gel like consistency in a kind of white/pink color and as soon as you rub/pat/glide the product on to the skin, it turns translucent.

The product leaves my treated areas feeling smooth and matte! Yes, matte! I even found it hard to stop feeling my skin after the application! It only gets better as I apply my foundation. The primer, for me, actually helps blend my foundation easily since my face is much more smooth!

With the primer, my foundation has lasted a whole school day with only little fading at the bottom of my chin/jawline (from resting my head on my hand all day from boring classes haha!) and I have to say that this primer is the best I've tried so far in terms of longevity. Everything else looks flawless!

One problem I have about this is the packaging! The bottle is made out of thick glass while the pump is plastic. The shape of the bottle is so thick and small that it's not so travel friendly (also heavy!). And sometimes when I pump, the product actually dries in the pump itself so sometimes I get the hardened primer that's not effective anymore.

Besides that problem, the product itself is fantastic. The packaging doesn't really affect my opinion on the product because the product works so well! Overall, I DEFINITELY reccommend this product for everyone from oily to dry skin. I only docked off a lippy because of the packaging and the price for a drugstore primer. Otherwise, it's my HG primer!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by cherriesandpie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As a drugstore product - it's really good! And has cured me of brand snobbery!

It creates a smooth canvas, really really diminishes pores, making my skin look a lot smoother - helps my mu last longer- like a few hours longer - which is AWESOME. Especially considering this hs NO alcohol in like pretty much all the other makeup hold in place products and primers around - so it's skin kind, no irritations, no breakouts.

I use MAC primer protect and perfect spf 50 - which is WAY more expensive, but leaves my skin much more greasy, has a lot less staying power for mu and leaves my skin looking far less smooth and pore-less. So, EXCELLENT product! I also appreciate that it has no SPF (most products WITH spf will not even give the protection they advertise, because of how small the percentage of sun protection is in the product!) as it means it will not make me pasty in photos - great for nights out, where photos are being taken but you want your mu to last!

Thanks Revlon!

okay...this peels off. ~(edit)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

Really wants to love this primer but it just didn't work for me. It does give me a nice pore-less and satin finish. HOwever, it just makes the makeup I apply next to slide off my face! I used this along with PR foundation and a bit of MIssha M's BB Cream but it just doesn't keep the oil in.
I feel like the PR foundation does a good job keep my face less oily but this just doesn't improve anything but makes my face oily.
No breakouts from this but it makes MU slide off--not a cute look.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by DCarter23103

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a really good primer. I've tried all kinds, from high end to drugstore, and I have to say that this just as well or better than many of the high end primers. So well, in fact, that I may just forego buying anymore high end primers. This one is light, blends well into the skin and really does act as a smoothing barrier to fine lines, etc. It performs as well as my absolute avorite, MAC Prep & Prime, but is a LOT less expensive! I definitely recommend this and will purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by candicenicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product! DO NOT BUY IT! Honestly, when I put it on my fingers before I put it on my face, I was super excited - it felt smooth and almost like a Smashbox primer. I put it on my face and even then it still felt great. I totally was WRONG! As soon as I applied my foundation on my face, my foundation literally looked like facepaint and it felt like I had 4 layers of makeup on. I like the packaging and the size is great - wish there was a great drugstore primer with this bottle but unfortunately, I would not even wish this product against my worst enemy. I threw it away the same day I bought it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Silverlife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer at my local drugstore. It settled into my pores and became cakey on my skin. When I tried to put on my foundation, it rolled up like dead skin. It took a facial scrub (and I mean REALLY scrub)to get it off my face. I stared over, and waited a little longer before I tried my foundation, with the same results. After several tries over a couple of weeks, I realize it is not the product for me. Even if it looked nice or helped my foundation look smoother, it is so hard to remove, I don't think I'd want to use it. Do you remember using paste in first grade, the kind you spread on with a plastic stick attached to the lid? That's what this Revlon Primer felt like on my face, and that's what it looked like when it rolled up on my skin... paste. It cost about $11, and I really wish I had shopped more wisely and read some reviews before I wasted that money. I am 51, fair skinned, very light wrinkling (crows feet), minor crepe-like texture in the jowl area, but over all good skin for my age and no issues with dry skin or acne. If you have similar skin, you may want to try something else. Hopefully this will help someone, and if anyone has successfully used this product, I'd love to hear your application method. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by lizzredhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in LOVE!!! At first when I put it on I really didn't see any difference in my skin. Once I put my foundation on OMG, it looked sooooooo much better than by itself!! I had a beautiful flawless finish, pores became invisible. My skin looked gorgeous!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by bbjjyoung

Love how the product goes on.The bottle is not a good design that it done get all the product out ,a least a quarter of the bottle left .Dries fast not like others that stay tackie