October 31, 2014 | 1051 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Am about to start my third tube of the AMAZING product. This is not for dry skin or for skin that needs tons of coverage. But if you have decent, normal to slightly oily skin, this will absolutely perfect it. The coverage is between a tinted moisturizer and liquid foundation. It primes my skin for concealer and blush. And I love the SPF. I don't use any thing but this (no additional moisturizer, primer or foundation) as this truly does it all. My HG skin product as it truly makes my skin look naturally fantastic vs. made up. As an NW20, I use this in light, NYX HD concealer in beige for under eye and CG trublend to set. (PS - Yes it's expensive, but as I don't need moisturizer, primer and foundation it's a relative bargain).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by stacialue0330

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

DESCRIPTION OF ME: Caucasian PPP (Lancome Color ID I-10 C, Teinte Idole Ivoire 2 C) with normal to dry skin.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION: BB cream that supposedly not only covers imperfections, but also can improve your skin over time.

PACKAGE: Small, black tube-style container (1 fl oz.). Ideal for travel.

CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE: Considering the fact this is supposed to be a lighter option, I was surprised by the thicker consistency of this BB cream. Felt slightly mask-ish and tight on my face, but I chalk that up to normally wearing a mineral powder foundation most days.

APPLICATION: After moisturizing and prepping my face, I placed pea-sized amounts on my cheeks, forehead, and chin. Using a foundation brush, I blended the BB cream all over for a seamless look.

SMELL: Very faint, chemical smell that wasn’t unpleasant.

STAYING POWER: In a word: nonexistent. After first applying/blending, it looked gorgeous and even. However, about 2-4 hours after putting it on, it began to fail, big-time. Not only did it settle into creases on the face, but it peeled and flaked all around my nose and mouth as well, accompanied by a tight, tugging feeling on my face. Hugely disappointed! I tried it again with primer (even though supposedly BB creams don’t require it), and it was marginally better. Somehow, it still managed to highlight flakes and wrinkles, but maybe lasted about 5 hours before becoming unsightly. FAIL x BIG= SAD

NATURAL?: Yes, until the flakes/wrinkles show up.

COLOR: Beautiful. I chose Fair, and it blended perfectly. Gorgeous color, but again, it flaked off in record time.

SUNSCREEN: 35 SPF, before flaking. After that, I can’t be sure :-/

IRRITATION/BREAKOUTS: None.

OVERALL: Very disappointed! Giving this 1 Lippie, because zero is not an option. Even though the color was spot on and it has good sunscreen, that ceases to matter when it flakes off your skin within a few of hours. Pricey mistake at $39. Moving on to another brand!

INGREDIENTS: ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octinoxate 7.50%, Octisalate 4.0%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%

Thanks to Seclusae2 for the layout!
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Cutee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! I have normal skin with some shine on my nose and chin. I use this and top it with BareMinerals Ready powder (the one in the compact). I love the finish, which looks fresh and lasts all day, and I have had a lot of people tell me that my skin looks great since I started using these two together.
This is the only BB cream I have tried, and I do wish it was cheaper, but I am a big fan of it. You do need to spread it quickly once you put it on, it "sets" almost right away. I find it easiest to do a dot on my nose and spread that on my nose, cheeks and chin, and then to do another small dot on my forehead.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by princessjulie

I have oily skin. This product is very thick and does not spread well if moisturizer is used under or on top of it. Used alone, my face looks and feels greasy. Used with powder, by the end of the day the greasy look is back.

After using this product for a week, I broke out on my jaw line and in the T zone and it made my skin very dry and flaky. Using this BB cream on any dry skin makes the dry skin even more noticable. This BB cream was also difficult to wash off. After washing my face I still had residue on my cotton ball when toning.

I have stopped using this product and my skin has cleared up. I would not recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by ErikkaWoods

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The good thing about this product is that it does not irritate my sensitive skin and does provide decent coverage and has a high SPF. However, as others have stated, it is drying and tends to clump and cake when applying. And if I have any skin flakiness at all, it makes it more visible. I have kind of gotten around this by mixing it with my moisturizer, which helps it to go on smoother and prevents it from caking to the dry areas. I'll keep using it this way because it works and it's too expensive to waste, but I won't spend money on it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by hiiixox3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Luckily, I got this as a sample (yes... I know I didn't purchase it, but I tested it and find that I cannot bring myself to purchase a full size of this). Anyway, I received the medium shade and was excited that I was told it was really good and had full coverage (I have sensitive skin, that was acne prone, and I have terrible acne scars still). So I tried a test patch on my arm first and saw nothing bad; so I decided to put it on my face the next day. I used my fingers and rubbed the product between them and started to rub it on my face. The good thing about this product is that it is very pigmented and a little of it goes a long way. However, it was too thick, very sticky (took forever to feel matte even after setting powder-- I used ELF HD powder, MUFE powder, and a MAC powder on different occasions to compare), and smelled strongly of sunscreen (has SPF 35, which is a great thing, however, the smell was too strong). Even though it was thick and sticky, it had left my skin quite dried and flaky. After wearing the bb cream for about 3-4 hours (without any touch ups), it already faded significantly. Also, unlike a traditional bb cream, Smashbox claims that their "tinted cream formula with SPF 35 moisturizes, primes, perfects, controls oil, and protects for flawless skin on set and beyond." I found that the SPF is great, it does not moisturize, the primer in the bb cream is not long-wearing, it definitely controls oil (but dried out my skin), and I did not find any protecting qualities. To me, it was a very cakey and heavy foundation with mattifying/drying properties.

I would recommend this product to people who have skin on the oily side and are looking for full coverage. I do not recommend this product for people with oily skin (or even normal skin), acne prone skin, sensitive skin, or are looking for benefits from a bb cream.

Personally, I will not purchase this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I asked the Ulta SA what BB cream or tinted moisturizer she'd recommend me. She told me she loved this product (as I've tried the other she recommended- it didn't work for me). I wanted to like this product. I had it applied to the back of my hand (dry skin). While it made my skin feel very soft and look hydrated, it also seemed drying. I'm not sure if that makes sense. I wouldn't put this on my face though. Something about it makes it seem almost like a cream or mousse where it'd cake on my skin and cause me to break out. The search is still on.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by drdoodles

I really wanted to a BB cream type product so I did my research and found the smashbox bb cream to be really popular and get good reviews. I went to Sephora and tried a sample there. I put the cream on my forehead and my chin. I have acne prone and in a couple of days my forehead (which never really breaks out) had a bunch of small pimples and so did my chin. Yuck, so just be aware of this if you have acne prone skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- Good color match in the lightest shade
- Lots of supposed benefits - I really liked the coverage and spf
- Medium coverage

Cons:
- THICK, a pain to spread, to the point where I felt I could never get fingerprints or brushmarks or BB marks off my face, even if I applied as little of the product as possible
- Mask-like feeling (not necessary looking)
- NOT moisturizing as claimed
- Not worth the price IMO

I didn't think this saved any time in my routine. It was dry feeling, more cakey feeling than any foundation I've tried (other than Revlon Whipped, omg), and just spread weird. I felt like I was trying to smoosh Fluff over my face. Just not for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Dominoangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is not for people with dry skin. If you are only a little on the dry side you might be able to use this if you moisturize first.

It is perfect for combo or oily skin though. This gives me a nice, soft matte finish and looks great all day. Blotting once in the afternoon keeps me from looking "dewy" in the afternoon, but it's not absolutely necessary to do so. I get a moderate coverage-- enough to cover slight imperfections without looking cakey or made up, just natural.

The trick to applying this is to do so with tiny amounts, just enough to cover each section of your face, moving from section to section. If you try to do too much at once it will start to dry and pill before you get it applied right. I even use it on my eyelids and all around my eye-- this stuff does NOT migrate at all, so I get good spf on my eyes!! Finally! Most products with spf wind up in my eyes, stinging and clouding my contacts. NOT this.

I think this is my HG product.

Also-- like many BB creams, it tends to look somewhat darker than you would expect. I would have thought I should use light/medium, but light was perfect.