October 24, 2014 | 1090 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Cutee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! I have normal skin with some shine on my nose and chin. I use this and top it with BareMinerals Ready powder (the one in the compact). I love the finish, which looks fresh and lasts all day, and I have had a lot of people tell me that my skin looks great since I started using these two together.
This is the only BB cream I have tried, and I do wish it was cheaper, but I am a big fan of it. You do need to spread it quickly once you put it on, it "sets" almost right away. I find it easiest to do a dot on my nose and spread that on my nose, cheeks and chin, and then to do another small dot on my forehead.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by princessjulie

I have oily skin. This product is very thick and does not spread well if moisturizer is used under or on top of it. Used alone, my face looks and feels greasy. Used with powder, by the end of the day the greasy look is back.

After using this product for a week, I broke out on my jaw line and in the T zone and it made my skin very dry and flaky. Using this BB cream on any dry skin makes the dry skin even more noticable. This BB cream was also difficult to wash off. After washing my face I still had residue on my cotton ball when toning.

I have stopped using this product and my skin has cleared up. I would not recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by ErikkaWoods

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The good thing about this product is that it does not irritate my sensitive skin and does provide decent coverage and has a high SPF. However, as others have stated, it is drying and tends to clump and cake when applying. And if I have any skin flakiness at all, it makes it more visible. I have kind of gotten around this by mixing it with my moisturizer, which helps it to go on smoother and prevents it from caking to the dry areas. I'll keep using it this way because it works and it's too expensive to waste, but I won't spend money on it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by hiiixox3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Luckily, I got this as a sample (yes... I know I didn't purchase it, but I tested it and find that I cannot bring myself to purchase a full size of this). Anyway, I received the medium shade and was excited that I was told it was really good and had full coverage (I have sensitive skin, that was acne prone, and I have terrible acne scars still). So I tried a test patch on my arm first and saw nothing bad; so I decided to put it on my face the next day. I used my fingers and rubbed the product between them and started to rub it on my face. The good thing about this product is that it is very pigmented and a little of it goes a long way. However, it was too thick, very sticky (took forever to feel matte even after setting powder-- I used ELF HD powder, MUFE powder, and a MAC powder on different occasions to compare), and smelled strongly of sunscreen (has SPF 35, which is a great thing, however, the smell was too strong). Even though it was thick and sticky, it had left my skin quite dried and flaky. After wearing the bb cream for about 3-4 hours (without any touch ups), it already faded significantly. Also, unlike a traditional bb cream, Smashbox claims that their "tinted cream formula with SPF 35 moisturizes, primes, perfects, controls oil, and protects for flawless skin on set and beyond." I found that the SPF is great, it does not moisturize, the primer in the bb cream is not long-wearing, it definitely controls oil (but dried out my skin), and I did not find any protecting qualities. To me, it was a very cakey and heavy foundation with mattifying/drying properties.

I would recommend this product to people who have skin on the oily side and are looking for full coverage. I do not recommend this product for people with oily skin (or even normal skin), acne prone skin, sensitive skin, or are looking for benefits from a bb cream.

Personally, I will not purchase this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I asked the Ulta SA what BB cream or tinted moisturizer she'd recommend me. She told me she loved this product (as I've tried the other she recommended- it didn't work for me). I wanted to like this product. I had it applied to the back of my hand (dry skin). While it made my skin feel very soft and look hydrated, it also seemed drying. I'm not sure if that makes sense. I wouldn't put this on my face though. Something about it makes it seem almost like a cream or mousse where it'd cake on my skin and cause me to break out. The search is still on.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by drdoodles

I really wanted to a BB cream type product so I did my research and found the smashbox bb cream to be really popular and get good reviews. I went to Sephora and tried a sample there. I put the cream on my forehead and my chin. I have acne prone and in a couple of days my forehead (which never really breaks out) had a bunch of small pimples and so did my chin. Yuck, so just be aware of this if you have acne prone skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- Good color match in the lightest shade
- Lots of supposed benefits - I really liked the coverage and spf
- Medium coverage

Cons:
- THICK, a pain to spread, to the point where I felt I could never get fingerprints or brushmarks or BB marks off my face, even if I applied as little of the product as possible
- Mask-like feeling (not necessary looking)
- NOT moisturizing as claimed
- Not worth the price IMO

I didn't think this saved any time in my routine. It was dry feeling, more cakey feeling than any foundation I've tried (other than Revlon Whipped, omg), and just spread weird. I felt like I was trying to smoosh Fluff over my face. Just not for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Dominoangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is not for people with dry skin. If you are only a little on the dry side you might be able to use this if you moisturize first.

It is perfect for combo or oily skin though. This gives me a nice, soft matte finish and looks great all day. Blotting once in the afternoon keeps me from looking "dewy" in the afternoon, but it's not absolutely necessary to do so. I get a moderate coverage-- enough to cover slight imperfections without looking cakey or made up, just natural.

The trick to applying this is to do so with tiny amounts, just enough to cover each section of your face, moving from section to section. If you try to do too much at once it will start to dry and pill before you get it applied right. I even use it on my eyelids and all around my eye-- this stuff does NOT migrate at all, so I get good spf on my eyes!! Finally! Most products with spf wind up in my eyes, stinging and clouding my contacts. NOT this.

I think this is my HG product.

Also-- like many BB creams, it tends to look somewhat darker than you would expect. I would have thought I should use light/medium, but light was perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by xine_07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this in a perk from Sephora. I really liked the sample and how it looked on my skin. It stayed on well, hid pores and did not oxidize. I was convinced and purchased a full size and now I don't like it at all. I knew something was up when my neighbour asked me if I had been away because I looked tan. I bought the light/medium, which looked great in the store but now seems too brown or orange on my face. I'll be returning this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by SFlowers89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love love love love. If not for the price, this would be my HG face makeup. It leaves my overly oily skin matte, but not dry or cakey. It moisturizes nicely, leaves a glowy effect on the skin, and lasts all day. Very natural. Great for day to day wear or to build up for a full coverage foundation at night. The only drawback is the $39 price tag. That being said, I'll probably still repurchase!