July 31, 2014 | 2016 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I got this on Amazon.com as an add-on item($5) because everyone on YouTube was absolutely RAVING about it. I can see why! The texture of this cremeshadow is EXCELLENT and the Bronzey color actually looks great on my fair skin! I love the shimmery/pearly finish and the packaging is pretty high-quality. I would DEFINITETLY repurchase, and I'm thinking of buying the "Tough as Taupe" color as well. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

You need this in your life. Seriously, it's that good. These potted eyeshadows are compared to the MAC paint pots often, and they are similar. Though, to be fair, they have a bit more slip and don't last quite as long as the paint pots in my opinion. To solve that problem, I actually layer this color over my MAC paint pot in Painterly. Viola--the perfect, long-lasting shade to make my blue eyes pop. I wear this combination to work nearly every single day. If I'm feeling really ambitious and have the time, I put on a little of MAC's excellent gel liner, Dip Down, on as well. I have almost all of these, and wear one or the other of them every day. But, without fail, when I wear Bad to the Bronze, someone tells me how lovely my eyes look that day. This is too cheap and wonderful to skip.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by utopiachild71

If you have blue eyes, you need this. It's a gorgeous mulchy golden, bronze color. I am very fair and this isn't too dark as the color is totally buildable. It's very affordable for the quality-- I'd have gladly paid more for it. Lately I've been in a natural makeup kick and this is all I need all over my lid, blended slightly upwards to look very put together. Looks great with any lip color.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by blondie17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I absolutly adore these, they are just as good as the mac paint pots. They claim to stay on 24 hours they stay on even longer an look just as great as when you first apply it. Also i like the packaging & for 7.99 you get lots of product. Im very impressed with these colortatoos, im deff goin to get the whole collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by alg208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

i bought this product to see what all the hype was about. this product is amazing, it lasts so long! i love cream eye shadows, especially this one. BTTB is a shimmery, bronze color. these are perfect if you want color on your lids, but you don't feel like putting on a lot of eye shadow, this is good for a pop of color and i just love these!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is lovely. Agreed with all the hype around this product.
I bought this perhaps 6 months ago when I was obsessed with cream products and was hoping to use this as a base.

Bad to the Bronze is too shimmery to use as a base. The eyeshadow placed on top doesn't hide the base enough, BTTB still shines through especially if you're trying to use a matte eyeshadow on top. If an extremely thin, sheer colour is applied to the lids, it does work to increase longevity of eyeshadows though. Used by itself however, this is an amazing wash of colour. It can be used sheer for a slight tint, sheen similar to Becca tint and MAC ones in the little tubes. But if you layer, you achieve results that are 3D! Unlike some shadows which look flat. This shadow looks on the eye as if it's darker and lighter in some areas as it catches the light. On my almond Asian eyes, I put a sheer layer all over the lid then go back in deepening the crease with an extra two layers - blend the edges with a clean pinky finger. The result is very beautiful.

The only gripe I had was that.. I didn't use mine for a couple of months and the top layer dried out. I found the cream to be patchy when I tried applying it to my lids (I always use my fingers for this product). When I tried swirling my fingers around, chunks of product would come up? THIS IS THE DRY LAYER!!!! To fix this, I took a normal tissue and wiped off the top layer to reveal the creammmmmmmy product as new.

This product is love.

This product does not crease on me... except for that one week a month where my hormones are beserk (you know what I'm talking about ladies). During that week, my skin gets a little oiler and it does crease. Other than that, it's fine.

Everyone's eyelids are different but do try this product, it's really nice!

Priceline for $12AUD. Chemist Warehouse for $7.

Wish they had more mattes. Might give Tough as Taupe a go!

EDIT: Loving this product so much. I have both UD Naked Palettes and numerous Wet N Wild eyeshadows but this product right here is my absolute favourite. I have made quite a dent already. Am editing to say, if I was to use one eyeshadow for the rest of my life... this eyeshadow would be it.

I found that if picked up a little of the product on the Urban Decay brush (any synthetic brush really), I could sheer out the product to almost a sheen. I could not do this previously using my fingers. Because it is a sheen wash of colour, it is not as metallic as using fingers SO therefore I can finally use this as a base. PHEW MOUTHFUL.

Done. I'm sold with this product. Best eyeshadow at Australian drugstores/chemisst!

I can't fault the packaging or formulation.
I will say that, I know all shadows tend to firm/harden up after a while. To fix that, take off the lid, put the product into a container and fill it up with BOILING HOT WATER... right to the brim of the product's glass! But not submerging the whole product.

Close the container with a lid or pop a bowl or something ontop. Let steam work its magic :) This way you're not adding saline.. or anything into the product changing the formulation. Once you've left it for about 10-15 mins, remove it from the boiling water...
You product should be extremely soft. Smoothen the surface out (it should feel spongey). Pop the lid back on and let it cool.

:) The next day, it will be good as new.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by SonnyCat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This really did last a long time, and on my oily lids, that's saying something. I have fair skin and normally only wear very light shades on the inner half of my lids. I was doubtful when I saw how dark the product looked in the jar. However, this shade catches the light very nicely and does not darken my eyes too much. It is also easy to build the color up more in the creases.

I will say though that I tried the Color Tattoo in Barely Branded, expecting it to be the same lovely texture and it was not. I figured the lighter color would be more versatile to use under shadows, but the consistency was dryer and seemed more cakey on my skin. I will still use it, but it takes a long time to blend. I don't reach for it nearly as often as Bad to the Bronze. This is truly a nice shade and I think would look good on a lot of people.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by julespena

Love, love, love this cream shadow. I apply this bad boy with a flat synthetic brush and blend it out with a fluffy crease brush. Great to use alone for an all-over the lid colour, especially with a light golden highlight for the brow bone. Perfect for brown, hazel, or green eyes to create an everyday neutral eye or as a base for a bronzey smokey eye to go out with.

Definitely worth the price, as its a little more than some other eyeshadows found in the drugstore. If you are iffy about this product don't be! Go out and purchase this staple for your makeup collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Heath32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This eyeshadow is bee-you-tiful. I somehow accumulate eyeshadow, especially powder ones, but I almost never wear it regularly, and especially not cream shadows (they've always creased). Anyway, I'm so glad I tried this product! The color is amazing; it's not just sheer metallic shimmer, it really has color in it, a kind of brownish hue, that gives it dimension. The shimmer is a little more gold than bronze, but it's not brassy or yellow. I'm a beauty junkie, although I'm no eyeshadow pro, but you literally just put it on your upper lid and blend, and it looks amazing! I like to put a little on my lower lid too, on the lash-line. I don't use primer, just a little foundation as base. I put it on in the morning around 9, looked at it again that night at 11, and it had barely creased. It even lasted through a shower. It really brings out my eyes (green), and I know it would look equally gorgeous on hazel, brown, blue, and black. Universally flattering, easy to use, long-lasting, pretty, you can't ask for better!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by playmate420

These are the only cream eye shadows I have ever used that did not crease! I love to use them as an eyeshadow primer, they work as well as any high end primer. Many people use them alone yet I have not tried that yet. I do apply them with my clean fingers just so they melt and blend well. They are smooth, not sticky so blending shadows in the crease are simple. Wish my Walmart had a better color selection though, I will buy more!