September 1, 2014 | 1923 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by secondadonna

I'm glad I decided to pick this up. I've been using Tough as Taupe and although I like it, it's not the gamechanger for me that it is for some (occasionally creases, hard to blend). This is a different beast -- wears exactly like my MAC Paint Pots but much easier to blend and lacking the dry crepey effect. In other words, it's a HG.

I was worried the shade would be too warm for me, but in fact it's excellent. The base seems like a neutral brown, and although the shimmer is warm, it's subtle. I also have the silvery shade called Too Cool, and it's a little glittery; this is a much more wearable shimmer. Perfection!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the color, so easy to apply and with primer I didn't experience any creasing. Wore this for at least 10-12 hours and was pleased with how long it stayed true. I wore Color Tattoo "Inked in Pink" blended with it. Got to BOBO half off, so good deal! Would recommend!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've worn this eye shadow many times and it's probably one of my quick go-to eye shadows for just a quick application to give my eyes some color. I really like the hint of shimmer to it that gives the eye some definition and color. I really like that this cream shadow doesn't crease in my lids (since I have monolids) and can almost replace a primer. This shadow is great on its own but can also be used as a shadow base. Applying certain colors over this shadow can create a "new" color that's just as flattering. The hint of shimmer gives it a nice reflection off light and makes it look pretty :) Would repurchase but since there's so much product in the pot, I probably won't even be able to use it up quick enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I got this on Amazon.com as an add-on item($5) because everyone on YouTube was absolutely RAVING about it. I can see why! The texture of this cremeshadow is EXCELLENT and the Bronzey color actually looks great on my fair skin! I love the shimmery/pearly finish and the packaging is pretty high-quality. I would DEFINITETLY repurchase, and I'm thinking of buying the "Tough as Taupe" color as well. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

You need this in your life. Seriously, it's that good. These potted eyeshadows are compared to the MAC paint pots often, and they are similar. Though, to be fair, they have a bit more slip and don't last quite as long as the paint pots in my opinion. To solve that problem, I actually layer this color over my MAC paint pot in Painterly. Viola--the perfect, long-lasting shade to make my blue eyes pop. I wear this combination to work nearly every single day. If I'm feeling really ambitious and have the time, I put on a little of MAC's excellent gel liner, Dip Down, on as well. I have almost all of these, and wear one or the other of them every day. But, without fail, when I wear Bad to the Bronze, someone tells me how lovely my eyes look that day. This is too cheap and wonderful to skip.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by utopiachild71

If you have blue eyes, you need this. It's a gorgeous mulchy golden, bronze color. I am very fair and this isn't too dark as the color is totally buildable. It's very affordable for the quality-- I'd have gladly paid more for it. Lately I've been in a natural makeup kick and this is all I need all over my lid, blended slightly upwards to look very put together. Looks great with any lip color.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by blondie17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I absolutly adore these, they are just as good as the mac paint pots. They claim to stay on 24 hours they stay on even longer an look just as great as when you first apply it. Also i like the packaging & for 7.99 you get lots of product. Im very impressed with these colortatoos, im deff goin to get the whole collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by alg208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

i bought this product to see what all the hype was about. this product is amazing, it lasts so long! i love cream eye shadows, especially this one. BTTB is a shimmery, bronze color. these are perfect if you want color on your lids, but you don't feel like putting on a lot of eye shadow, this is good for a pop of color and i just love these!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is lovely. Agreed with all the hype around this product.
I bought this perhaps 6 months ago when I was obsessed with cream products and was hoping to use this as a base.

Bad to the Bronze is too shimmery to use as a base. The eyeshadow placed on top doesn't hide the base enough, BTTB still shines through especially if you're trying to use a matte eyeshadow on top. If an extremely thin, sheer colour is applied to the lids, it does work to increase longevity of eyeshadows though. Used by itself however, this is an amazing wash of colour. It can be used sheer for a slight tint, sheen similar to Becca tint and MAC ones in the little tubes. But if you layer, you achieve results that are 3D! Unlike some shadows which look flat. This shadow looks on the eye as if it's darker and lighter in some areas as it catches the light. On my almond Asian eyes, I put a sheer layer all over the lid then go back in deepening the crease with an extra two layers - blend the edges with a clean pinky finger. The result is very beautiful.

The only gripe I had was that.. I didn't use mine for a couple of months and the top layer dried out. I found the cream to be patchy when I tried applying it to my lids (I always use my fingers for this product). When I tried swirling my fingers around, chunks of product would come up? THIS IS THE DRY LAYER!!!! To fix this, I took a normal tissue and wiped off the top layer to reveal the creammmmmmmy product as new.

This product is love.

This product does not crease on me... except for that one week a month where my hormones are beserk (you know what I'm talking about ladies). During that week, my skin gets a little oiler and it does crease. Other than that, it's fine.

Everyone's eyelids are different but do try this product, it's really nice!

Priceline for $12AUD. Chemist Warehouse for $7.

Wish they had more mattes. Might give Tough as Taupe a go!

EDIT: Loving this product so much. I have both UD Naked Palettes and numerous Wet N Wild eyeshadows but this product right here is my absolute favourite. I have made quite a dent already. Am editing to say, if I was to use one eyeshadow for the rest of my life... this eyeshadow would be it.

I found that if picked up a little of the product on the Urban Decay brush (any synthetic brush really), I could sheer out the product to almost a sheen. I could not do this previously using my fingers. Because it is a sheen wash of colour, it is not as metallic as using fingers SO therefore I can finally use this as a base. PHEW MOUTHFUL.

Done. I'm sold with this product. Best eyeshadow at Australian drugstores/chemisst!

I can't fault the packaging or formulation.
I will say that, I know all shadows tend to firm/harden up after a while. To fix that, take off the lid, put the product into a container and fill it up with BOILING HOT WATER... right to the brim of the product's glass! But not submerging the whole product.

Close the container with a lid or pop a bowl or something ontop. Let steam work its magic :) This way you're not adding saline.. or anything into the product changing the formulation. Once you've left it for about 10-15 mins, remove it from the boiling water...
You product should be extremely soft. Smoothen the surface out (it should feel spongey). Pop the lid back on and let it cool.

:) The next day, it will be good as new.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by SonnyCat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This really did last a long time, and on my oily lids, that's saying something. I have fair skin and normally only wear very light shades on the inner half of my lids. I was doubtful when I saw how dark the product looked in the jar. However, this shade catches the light very nicely and does not darken my eyes too much. It is also easy to build the color up more in the creases.

I will say though that I tried the Color Tattoo in Barely Branded, expecting it to be the same lovely texture and it was not. I figured the lighter color would be more versatile to use under shadows, but the consistency was dryer and seemed more cakey on my skin. I will still use it, but it takes a long time to blend. I don't reach for it nearly as often as Bad to the Bronze. This is truly a nice shade and I think would look good on a lot of people.