October 20, 2014 | 1062 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Meganmck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

And then there were 2..... Naked palettes that is.

Because I loved the fist palette so much, I rushed to get the second one and it was released, and while I love the colours and the quality of the shadows (as much as the first) in Naked 2 I gravitate toward the first one more.

The reason I tend to reach for the first more is due to the types of shadows. While I can make several eye looks with each palette, the shadows in the first one a little warmer toned which I am drawn to over more cooler toned shadows.

The packaging of this product I actually like more because I feel that the design of the case is sleek and I like that it is made of plastic. I also like that the mirror on the inside is bigger.

Overall, if I could only buy one of these palettes, I would pick the first one. While the shadows themselves are fairly similar and can create similar looks, Naked 1 has warmer toned shadows which I tend to enjoy more. So really, it's all about personal preference. The quality of the shadows in both palettes are the same, so you really can't pick the wrong one in that sense.

Hope this helps :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by pensativa

I recently realized that I have a LOT of eyeshadow palettes. So, why would I buy another one? Well, I know this sounds silly, but I mainly bought this to see what the hype around UD's Naked palettes was all about.

To begin with, this palette is beautiful and UD makes really nice eeshadows (creamy with good staying power). The price-to-quality ratio is high; 12 shadows and a bonus lip gloss for $50 is a steal with UD selling individual shadows for $18/ea. Granted, you don't get the same amount of shadow in each pan, but overall, a good deal. FYI - I never use the lipgloss, I don't like sticky lipglosses, although it is a nice YLBB shade.

My issue with this palette is the 20/80 rule: I use 20% of the shadows 80% of the time. For example, the primary color that I use is YDK, a perfect shimmery brown that is sexy yet day appropriate at the same time. YDK is the only shadow where I've hit pan; after that, Foxy and Bootycall are my favorite shades as highlighters. Tease is a lovely matte brown lid color, particularly so as one of the only matte shadows in the palette. Blackout makes a great liner with subtle gold flecks in it. I've used the other colors probably once or twice each, that's it. Maybe I need to go to a makeup artist to see what other fun looks I could achieve with this palette. Since I don't use 60% of the colors in this palette, it turns out to be quite bulky for travel (it is the size of a large pencil case!). As a girl who values practicality, I often wonder if iI would not be better served by the UD Naked Basics palette.

For the sake of comparison, I've compared this with my sister's original Naked palette, and if you're a girl that prefers pretty neutrals & golds like me, Naked 2 is your palette. Overall, this is a really nice eyeshadow palette that provides good bang for your buck, even if it doesn't quite live up to the hype.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by dilllll90

I have been hesitating about getting this one since I am not a fan of smoky eyes. However, I only used this palette for about 1 month and had to give it a 5-star.

It is probably the palette that is the easiest to apply to eyes without worring about have overdone the color.

Proļ¼š
- very good color selection, earthy tones mainly, but would give different looks with many choices of combinations
- easy to apply, with its super-good-quality brush
- nice lipgloss,moisturizing
- price worthy
- big mirror, good quality

Con:
-large palette, don't think would ever keep it in purse, or even take it for trip, just too big and heavy
- one brush, needs constant cleaning

Overall, I'm 100% satisfied with this palette, I kept in office and apply to eyes before working hours, it would never go wrong. But maybe the colors are not dramatic enough for night clubs, but definitely good enough for day looks. I couldn't think of one earthy tone palette that could beat this one.

I hope UD would keep producing this one and keep improving.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by ksanka02

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Use this almost everyday. Very good quality shadows, but about third of all shades not appealing to me

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by ang0990

Whoops i ment palette

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by bamagirl417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim with the Naked palette because I thought the colors would be different. Although some of them are the same, I think it adds a nice variety to the neutral tones and gives a plethora of looks to mess around with. All in all, love it. I'm glad I finally bought it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by taylahp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall I do really like this palette and the colours featured are really suited to my own make-up style. For me though, even when using a primer, it seems to fade and doesn't last me on a night out; but really, that's the only flaw, a part from the price.
Love the colours, packaging and brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Sarahjuang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this palette, it is extremely versatile and has colors for every single skin tone. Every color is extremely pigmented (paired with the urban decay primer potion, it is crazy pigmented), well made and can be used in all different ways. Btw, I use the color chopper every single day, it looks extremely beautiful on medium/tan skin tones, and it is a super pretty, unique, rose gold shade that I haven't seen before.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by smashley007

I LOVE my Naked 2 palette! I use every shade in the palette, and can create a countless number of looks. Every shadow is high quality, and combined with the UD primer potion, will last all day! I have had it for almost a year now, and am nowhere near running out on any of the shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Giiiiiii

This is even better!!! So yesss I would buy it again and again!! I have this for myself and as a gift.. Adore it!!!