July 30, 2014 | 2068 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Revlon Lip Butters have finally arrived in NZ... I got Pink Truffle to test out the formula after hearing and reading a lot about it online - a nice, work safe neutral, MLBB, hard to go wrong with. And honestly, it does nearly everything right.
The colour is lovely, a true brown toned pink that is on the deeper side of nude but gives nice emphasis and definition without screaming "LOOKIT MY LIPSTICK!" (though that's definitely fun sometimes ;-). It reminds me a lot of Estee Lauder Rose Tea actually, though ever so slightlier peachier and sheerer.
The texture and finish is a winner in my book, glides on smoothly, has a decent amount of slip but also clings well, so no smearing or sliding around or looking patchy. Lasts well (several hours on me, it could have used a touch up after a coffee, but still left discernible colour behind), has a very slight vanilla fragrance but this disappears very quickly and isn't noticeable when applied.
I'm torn about the packaging - I like the colour coding but the "quilted" look plastic tops just look tacky to me and the actual base of the lipstick (to grip while applying) isn't very big so it can be a little awkward if you're in a rush.
The colour range is pretty good, plenty of pinks (though several of the cool, bubblegum types ones look the same to me), pastels and brights as well as softer, neutral shades. I intend to get Berry Smoothie as well, perhaps Peach Parfait if it isn't too light for me. Macaroon (which I haven't swatched in person yet) also looks lovely and wearable.
I find these quite moisturizing, I used to apply balm after lunch and once again in the afternoon and skip the lipstick reapplication because my lips do get dry (I mostly love aircon but it kills my lips!) but this is soft and silky enough that over the last few days while I've been testing this out have gone back into my makeup purse instead of grabbing a lipbalm off my desk.
I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship...Will test out more shades when I get them.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by ochoseis

Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle is a lovely mauve color, it has become my everyday work color. Lip Butters are creamy, rich in color and last a nice amount of time

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

Pink Truffle is a dusky, pinky red with obvious brown in it. it isn't a very dark colour though, it's definitely in the medium family. my lips are not very pigmented so it shows up quite a bit on me. this is exactly what i had in mind when i ordered MAC's 'Creme in your coffee', but instead that turned out to be quite burgundy. whereas this is definitely closer to a coffee colour, but still with a flattering reddish pink hue.
as all butters, this has great colour performance and great moisture. this colour also lasts quite a long time too because it's quite rich.
recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

First Revlon product I tried and loving it
Price: $8.93 CAD
Pkg: square tube, translucent quilted lid w/clear top
Colour: dusty rose w/brown undertones
Finish: balm-y crème-shine
Pigmentation: medium at one swipe; buildable
Colour me quite impressed. This shade is a few shades darker than my natural lip colour so it was a safe bet.
It's moisturizing but I still like to have a clear lip balm under it cuz otherwise my lips get tingly
A basic colour that'll flatter every skin tone from the fairest of them all to the darkest ;D

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by silverplum13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, everyday creamy, rosy, mauvey nude shade. The formula is nice and creamy, not waxy or slippery at all. To me, it feels like a higher end product. Packaging is really luxe. I guess my only gripe is that at the end of the day, I don't really feel a difference between a lip butter and a regular creamy lipstick. Also, you don't get a whole lot of product, so you will go through these fairly quickly. Well done, Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Brendonoahsmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color, its so beautiful and natural!! It looks great y itself with no eye make up. I love these lip butters by revlon and so far, this one is my fave!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 4:48:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeofmylife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a really nice colour for a night out I think. It's a brown shade which is more on the pink side. The colour is darker and more subtle (less bright) than my natural lip colour which makes it a little striking in the daytime. but I really like the shade anyway. Must try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the lip butters. I have several of them. This was the first one I bought. Great everyday color.
If I were to have any complaints, it would be that the formula is very soft. Since we're approaching summer, I'd be very afraid to carry these butters in my purse. Currently, pink truffle stays in my desk at work and I reapply a few times a day as it wears off.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by cliu96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm going to sound like a total infomercial during this review, but I urge all of you ladies to try this out for yourself before deciding whether these lip butters live up to the hype--because for me, they certainly do!

Pink Truffle is the only lip butter I own, however, I believe that it is possibly the only one I'll ever need. It is absolutely THE perfect MLBB color on me, I cannot tell you how long I have searched for such a product. Most others I have tried and expected to be a nice MLBB have turned out too brown, too orange, or too red.

This is the perfect pinky-rose-with-a-hint-of-brown shade. It's almost too great to describe. The tiniest hint of brown keeps it looking natural and soft and great for everyday. It brightens up my entire face and makes me look more awake (for reference, I am NC30-35).

Revlon lip butters are a hybrid lip product in my opinion--the pigment of a lipstick, the feel and glide of a balm, and the shine of a gloss, though Pink Truffle has slightly less shimmer than I have seen in others.

I've seen it for around $7-8 in any drugstore, and some are complaining about this "high" price for what is more or less a tinted lipbalm. However, I would not put these lip butters in that category. It is far too pigmented to be classified as just a tinted lipbalm.

The packaging is adorable, with a quilted pattern all over the cap and I love how you can actually see the color from the little window at the top of the cap. Props to Revlon for clever packaging and marketing--anything with BUTTER in it I WILL TAKE.

Give these a try, you won't be disappointed!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just had to try the lip butters after reading all the great reviews, so I finally bought Pink Truffle. I am super fair (think Casper the ghost) and this shade is really pigmented and pretty bright to me. I like the formula of the lip butters but this particular shade just wasn't me. I was expecting it to be more sheer. I prefer a nude lip, so maybe I'll explore the other shades to see if I can find one that is suitable.