Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

4.4

on 7/3/2012 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My first Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter was the Pink Truffle shade. When I tried it on it turned out to be a perfect MLBB color shade shade. Medium nude/pink in color. It applies just like butter and leaves my lips feeling moisturized. It doesn't last very long but I don't mind reapplying. I'm glad I bought a second one for backup because I'll be wearing this lipstick alot.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my favorite lip butter. It's the best nude pink for me. My lips are naturally pretty pink so the lighter shade I have (Strawberry Shortcake) is too light and the brighter shade (Sweet Tart) is too much, but Pink Truffle is perfect.

on 7/3/2012 7:10:00 AM

By itself, it's too dark on my lips. But when I layer a baby pink gloss on top, it's the perfect nude lip. The staying power isn't very long though. It only lasts about an hour on my lips (without drinking, eating, etc..)

on 6/30/2012 3:00:00 AM

I was looking for a MLBB color and I was first drawn to this since it, the tube, it looks like a nice nude. However, on my lips, it turns orange and nothing at all like the natural color of my lips. I think this may work better for somebody with a warmer complexion but since I'm cooler toned, this orangy color did not look natural. I ended up getting berry smoothy next and it was much closer to my natural lip color.

on 6/27/2012 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My new HG lip product! The colour is very natural looking on my pale complexion and I love that a fair amount of colour seems to remain on your lips once the shine is gone. I've already purchased tube #2 even though #1 is only a few weeks old.

on 6/26/2012 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the perfect lip color for me, I will repurchase it until the end of time. Like many others here, I have found it to be an amazing "my lips, but better" shade.

From the name, I was expecting something blatantly pink and unnatural, but I was pleasantly surprised. It is a perfect sheer rosy tone. It is a similar color to Boots No7 Lip Liner in Nude, but slightly more pink.

I also found that this is almost the exact color as Revlon ColorBurst l/s in Rosy Nude, except the Pink Truffle is more sheer and looks less like product on the lips. Love them both.

on 6/23/2012 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Well, hellooo holy grail color. This was the only lip butter I was interested in, and it did not disappoint.
The color is the general type of shade I am always drawn to whenever I look at lipsticks. It matches my natural lipcolor perfectly and deepens it up just enough.It might look like a very neutral brownish pink in the tube, but it has a nice warmth to it that doesn't look flat, and my face just looks brighter with it on.
The formula is slick and buttery, slightly glossy, and really moisturizing. A lipbalm formula with a lipstick coverage.The one tiny complaint (and I almost don't feel justified in complaining) is that it is a bit tough to pull the cap off the base. For me, all the hype was justified, and I will be sad if this shade is ever discontinued.

on 6/23/2012 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The good:
- Moisturizing
- Good color payoff
- Smooth, creamy application

The bad:
- Didn't suit my complexion
- The tube can be hard to open

I absolutely love the consistency of the lip butters. These are creamy and moisturizing (though not as much as a tinted lip balm), and this particular one had good color payoff. Unfortunately, this color was too pink for me, since my lips are naturally quite pigmented. This did end up suiting my mom better since her lips aren't as pink as mine, so we traded and she gave me Fig Jam, which ended up suiting me much better. One thing that just bothers me about the packaging in general, though, is that the cap and tube are pretty much flush with each other, which can make it difficult to open. This is a good product and a pretty color; I just wish it had worked out for me.

Smooth and moisturizing, easy to apply :-)
It's a browny pinkish colour.... Not my favourite, it's a bit too dark and for my liking, doesn't suit my complexion, I actually think this colour would look nicer if my natural lips were a light pink...
But yes, not one of my favourite at all.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Pink Truffle is a good MLBB product. Its browny-pink undertones suited my natural lips well. But although it feels great and smooth like a lip balm when first applying, it felt very drying and that disappointed me. I'm not one for slippery-smooth lip colors, but this product made me feel like I had been sucking in air in Chicago or something. I would have appreciated a little less sparkle too... a nice, creamy sheen would have made this product more like-able.

Popular Lipsticks