Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

4.4

on 6/23/2012 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Well, hellooo holy grail color. This was the only lip butter I was interested in, and it did not disappoint.
The color is the general type of shade I am always drawn to whenever I look at lipsticks. It matches my natural lipcolor perfectly and deepens it up just enough.It might look like a very neutral brownish pink in the tube, but it has a nice warmth to it that doesn't look flat, and my face just looks brighter with it on.
The formula is slick and buttery, slightly glossy, and really moisturizing. A lipbalm formula with a lipstick coverage.The one tiny complaint (and I almost don't feel justified in complaining) is that it is a bit tough to pull the cap off the base. For me, all the hype was justified, and I will be sad if this shade is ever discontinued.

on 6/23/2012 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The good:
- Moisturizing
- Good color payoff
- Smooth, creamy application

The bad:
- Didn't suit my complexion
- The tube can be hard to open

I absolutely love the consistency of the lip butters. These are creamy and moisturizing (though not as much as a tinted lip balm), and this particular one had good color payoff. Unfortunately, this color was too pink for me, since my lips are naturally quite pigmented. This did end up suiting my mom better since her lips aren't as pink as mine, so we traded and she gave me Fig Jam, which ended up suiting me much better. One thing that just bothers me about the packaging in general, though, is that the cap and tube are pretty much flush with each other, which can make it difficult to open. This is a good product and a pretty color; I just wish it had worked out for me.

Smooth and moisturizing, easy to apply :-)
It's a browny pinkish colour.... Not my favourite, it's a bit too dark and for my liking, doesn't suit my complexion, I actually think this colour would look nicer if my natural lips were a light pink...
But yes, not one of my favourite at all.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Pink Truffle is a good MLBB product. Its browny-pink undertones suited my natural lips well. But although it feels great and smooth like a lip balm when first applying, it felt very drying and that disappointed me. I'm not one for slippery-smooth lip colors, but this product made me feel like I had been sucking in air in Chicago or something. I would have appreciated a little less sparkle too... a nice, creamy sheen would have made this product more like-able.

on 6/14/2012 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have Fig Jam which is an okay color but I like Pink Truffle better. It is more pigmented than I expected, almost like a lipstick. The color is brown/nude/rose with no blue. It looks like a natural lip color but much more vivid. I usually add a slightly frosted balm over it. The Lip Butter collection is not particularly moisturizing and, like all balms, does not last very long if you eat or drink.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

NC25 & this is my HG. Out of my many lipsticks this is the one I can always count on and the one I grab the most. Someone mentioned it resembles EL's Rose Tea lipstick which is a favorite of mine so I knew there was a reason this shade stood out to me the most and has become a favorite as well. Its quick and easy to apply & makes me look put together even on my rough days when all I can do is swipe on lipstick and run out the door. I adore this formula and shade & hope they keep it around a loooong long long time.

on 6/12/2012 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I love "Pink Truffle". Love everything about it, the name, the product, the packaging, everything. It's the perfect MLBB shade for me, flattering enough for everyday wear.

on 6/8/2012 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

i love this lipstick so much. it looks so good on my lips and it doesnt bother me that it doesnt last tht long. ill gladly reapply!!!!! love it!!!!

on 6/8/2012 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I thought I’d had all Revlon Lip Butters I needed with ‘Sugar Plum’ and ‘Fig Jam’. But I’d read so many rave reviews of ‘Pink Truffle’ and I like the lip butter formula, so I swapped for this, and ‘wow!’ do I like it! The color is great, a pinkish-brown MLBB shade (it’s the slightly warmer counterpart to ‘Sugar Plum’, but no so warm that is turns orange-y on me). The color just makes my lips look plump and lovely. The formula is semi-sheer and creamy. It sinks into my lips and lasts for a few hours, fading into a soft stain. I can apply a couple of coats for fuller coverage, or a single coat topped with a bit of gloss/balm, for a more sheer look. I am always pleased with how lovely my lips look when I wear this (and wonder why I don’t wear it more often!) This is not without a (few) complaints, though. The formula is quite soft, and doesn’t hold its shape well in the tube, even when exposed to the slightest bit of heat. And you get quite a small amount of product (.09 oz) compared to other lipsticks and tinted balms, I’m surprised how quickly I’m working my way through the tube. *But* this is still reasonably priced for such a great product, plus you can almost always finds sales or coupons for these, I will gladly buy ‘Pink Truffle’ again and again!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I LOVE this product. I have tan skin, and bigger lips, and this is the PERFECT tinted lip balm. As a huge fan of more natural looking makeup, this is perfect. The shade is a seductive darker pink. It's one of my favorite products, and I will continue to buy it.

EDIT: it's been about half a year since I started using this, and nothing else compares. If Revlon ever stops making this product... I don't know what I'd do with myself. Haha.
Serious HG product.