August 27, 2014 | 1852 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by lizzea

HG Lip product! Some of the shades in the lip butter range are a bit hit and miss for me as they are too sheer or just don't suit my skin tone, but Pink truffle is the 'my lips but better' colour for me and is so, so gorgeous. A mix between a non-sticky gloss and a lipstick, the formula is moisturising and lasts just as long as lipsticks I've worn in the past (matte, satin, gloss) without bleeding or feathering or dryness. I will be purchasing many backups of pink truffle!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Darah168

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first color I bought from the bunch of lip butters.

Packaging: i love The quilted package and how the top part is transparent so you can actually see the true color of the lipstick rather than basing it on the color on the bottom. The cover is made of plastic. Pretty much ordinary.

Consistency:
The product glides on easily on the lips. It is very hydrating and has a buttery feel but not greasy.

Color:
It comes off as a mauve brown to my lips.
Although its a lip balm and lipstick in one, i would say its a tintefd lip balm. You really have to put on more layers for the color to show.

Staying power:
It doesnt last very long and you need to re-apply after 2-3hrs but not bad for a drug store product. It does feather and smudge outside the lips. It transfers easily.

If you are looking for a go to lipstick this is for you. You dont need a lip gloss or lip balm to top it off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Revlon Lip Butters have finally arrived in NZ... I got Pink Truffle to test out the formula after hearing and reading a lot about it online - a nice, work safe neutral, MLBB, hard to go wrong with. And honestly, it does nearly everything right.
The colour is lovely, a true brown toned pink that is on the deeper side of nude but gives nice emphasis and definition without screaming "LOOKIT MY LIPSTICK!" (though that's definitely fun sometimes ;-). It reminds me a lot of Estee Lauder Rose Tea actually, though ever so slightlier peachier and sheerer.
The texture and finish is a winner in my book, glides on smoothly, has a decent amount of slip but also clings well, so no smearing or sliding around or looking patchy. Lasts well (several hours on me, it could have used a touch up after a coffee, but still left discernible colour behind), has a very slight vanilla fragrance but this disappears very quickly and isn't noticeable when applied.
I'm torn about the packaging - I like the colour coding but the "quilted" look plastic tops just look tacky to me and the actual base of the lipstick (to grip while applying) isn't very big so it can be a little awkward if you're in a rush.
The colour range is pretty good, plenty of pinks (though several of the cool, bubblegum types ones look the same to me), pastels and brights as well as softer, neutral shades. I intend to get Berry Smoothie as well, perhaps Peach Parfait if it isn't too light for me. Macaroon (which I haven't swatched in person yet) also looks lovely and wearable.
I find these quite moisturizing, I used to apply balm after lunch and once again in the afternoon and skip the lipstick reapplication because my lips do get dry (I mostly love aircon but it kills my lips!) but this is soft and silky enough that over the last few days while I've been testing this out have gone back into my makeup purse instead of grabbing a lipbalm off my desk.
I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship...Will test out more shades when I get them.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by ochoseis

Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle is a lovely mauve color, it has become my everyday work color. Lip Butters are creamy, rich in color and last a nice amount of time

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

Pink Truffle is a dusky, pinky red with obvious brown in it. it isn't a very dark colour though, it's definitely in the medium family. my lips are not very pigmented so it shows up quite a bit on me. this is exactly what i had in mind when i ordered MAC's 'Creme in your coffee', but instead that turned out to be quite burgundy. whereas this is definitely closer to a coffee colour, but still with a flattering reddish pink hue.
as all butters, this has great colour performance and great moisture. this colour also lasts quite a long time too because it's quite rich.
recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

First Revlon product I tried and loving it
Price: $8.93 CAD
Pkg: square tube, translucent quilted lid w/clear top
Colour: dusty rose w/brown undertones
Finish: balm-y crème-shine
Pigmentation: medium at one swipe; buildable
Colour me quite impressed. This shade is a few shades darker than my natural lip colour so it was a safe bet.
It's moisturizing but I still like to have a clear lip balm under it cuz otherwise my lips get tingly
A basic colour that'll flatter every skin tone from the fairest of them all to the darkest ;D

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by silverplum13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, everyday creamy, rosy, mauvey nude shade. The formula is nice and creamy, not waxy or slippery at all. To me, it feels like a higher end product. Packaging is really luxe. I guess my only gripe is that at the end of the day, I don't really feel a difference between a lip butter and a regular creamy lipstick. Also, you don't get a whole lot of product, so you will go through these fairly quickly. Well done, Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Brendonoahsmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color, its so beautiful and natural!! It looks great y itself with no eye make up. I love these lip butters by revlon and so far, this one is my fave!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 4:48:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeofmylife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a really nice colour for a night out I think. It's a brown shade which is more on the pink side. The colour is darker and more subtle (less bright) than my natural lip colour which makes it a little striking in the daytime. but I really like the shade anyway. Must try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the lip butters. I have several of them. This was the first one I bought. Great everyday color.
If I were to have any complaints, it would be that the formula is very soft. Since we're approaching summer, I'd be very afraid to carry these butters in my purse. Currently, pink truffle stays in my desk at work and I reapply a few times a day as it wears off.