December 20, 2014 | 1681 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by tyisha19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this lipstick so much. it looks so good on my lips and it doesnt bother me that it doesnt last tht long. ill gladly reapply!!!!! love it!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I’d had all Revlon Lip Butters I needed with ‘Sugar Plum’ and ‘Fig Jam’. But I’d read so many rave reviews of ‘Pink Truffle’ and I like the lip butter formula, so I swapped for this, and ‘wow!’ do I like it! The color is great, a pinkish-brown MLBB shade (it’s the slightly warmer counterpart to ‘Sugar Plum’, but no so warm that is turns orange-y on me). The color just makes my lips look plump and lovely. The formula is semi-sheer and creamy. It sinks into my lips and lasts for a few hours, fading into a soft stain. I can apply a couple of coats for fuller coverage, or a single coat topped with a bit of gloss/balm, for a more sheer look. I am always pleased with how lovely my lips look when I wear this (and wonder why I don’t wear it more often!) This is not without a (few) complaints, though. The formula is quite soft, and doesn’t hold its shape well in the tube, even when exposed to the slightest bit of heat. And you get quite a small amount of product (.09 oz) compared to other lipsticks and tinted balms, I’m surprised how quickly I’m working my way through the tube. *But* this is still reasonably priced for such a great product, plus you can almost always finds sales or coupons for these, I will gladly buy ‘Pink Truffle’ again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by lotusflowerbomb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. I have tan skin, and bigger lips, and this is the PERFECT tinted lip balm. As a huge fan of more natural looking makeup, this is perfect. The shade is a seductive darker pink. It's one of my favorite products, and I will continue to buy it.

EDIT: it's been about half a year since I started using this, and nothing else compares. If Revlon ever stops making this product... I don't know what I'd do with myself. Haha.
Serious HG product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by rosemary5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic color, MLBB, a nice warm nude/ brown/ pinkish red that wavers between natural and slightly seductive in a dark, mature-chic sort of way.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Thaxter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is terrific. Pink truffle is a wonderful everyday shade for work. This *almost* matches what I thought was my HG lipstick for life, Clinique's Pink Beach. It is really close in color but lacks the hint of frost that Pink Beach has.

I have pale skin with yellow undertones and hazel eyes. As I get older, I want products that are subtle in color but still discernable and flattering. This lipstick perfectly fits the bill.

I'm usually in a rush before work, and just slap this on and take off. Here is the amazing thing. I can get caught up in a day and never touch up my lipstick. When I get home, my lips still have a stain of color on them. That's the best thing about this -- it's long wearing and stays vivid all day. You will lose the creamy gloss over time, but the color stays on your lip, like a subtle lip stain. It outperforms more expensive lines such as Benefit and Clinique as far as wearability and performance. And it's nondrying.

I also tried Peach Parfait. I've got to say I also love this color on my yellow toned skin. One swipe of this on a sunny weekend day and you're good to go. There is some glitter in this so go easy. I will be trying other colors in this line for certain.

Other drugstore brands might want to look at the phenomenon of this product carefully, because like others here, I've grown to ignore all my other lipsticks!

My only criticism is that the bottom feels a bit unstable and can sometimes be a bit hard to pull out. I think a larger base would allow better control in applying the product.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by raspberrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awesome MLBB color. I love the way this feels on my lips. Just wish it lasted longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by lizzea

HG Lip product! Some of the shades in the lip butter range are a bit hit and miss for me as they are too sheer or just don't suit my skin tone, but Pink truffle is the 'my lips but better' colour for me and is so, so gorgeous. A mix between a non-sticky gloss and a lipstick, the formula is moisturising and lasts just as long as lipsticks I've worn in the past (matte, satin, gloss) without bleeding or feathering or dryness. I will be purchasing many backups of pink truffle!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Darah168

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first color I bought from the bunch of lip butters.

Packaging: i love The quilted package and how the top part is transparent so you can actually see the true color of the lipstick rather than basing it on the color on the bottom. The cover is made of plastic. Pretty much ordinary.

Consistency:
The product glides on easily on the lips. It is very hydrating and has a buttery feel but not greasy.

Color:
It comes off as a mauve brown to my lips.
Although its a lip balm and lipstick in one, i would say its a tintefd lip balm. You really have to put on more layers for the color to show.

Staying power:
It doesnt last very long and you need to re-apply after 2-3hrs but not bad for a drug store product. It does feather and smudge outside the lips. It transfers easily.

If you are looking for a go to lipstick this is for you. You dont need a lip gloss or lip balm to top it off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Revlon Lip Butters have finally arrived in NZ... I got Pink Truffle to test out the formula after hearing and reading a lot about it online - a nice, work safe neutral, MLBB, hard to go wrong with. And honestly, it does nearly everything right.
The colour is lovely, a true brown toned pink that is on the deeper side of nude but gives nice emphasis and definition without screaming "LOOKIT MY LIPSTICK!" (though that's definitely fun sometimes ;-). It reminds me a lot of Estee Lauder Rose Tea actually, though ever so slightlier peachier and sheerer.
The texture and finish is a winner in my book, glides on smoothly, has a decent amount of slip but also clings well, so no smearing or sliding around or looking patchy. Lasts well (several hours on me, it could have used a touch up after a coffee, but still left discernible colour behind), has a very slight vanilla fragrance but this disappears very quickly and isn't noticeable when applied.
I'm torn about the packaging - I like the colour coding but the "quilted" look plastic tops just look tacky to me and the actual base of the lipstick (to grip while applying) isn't very big so it can be a little awkward if you're in a rush.
The colour range is pretty good, plenty of pinks (though several of the cool, bubblegum types ones look the same to me), pastels and brights as well as softer, neutral shades. I intend to get Berry Smoothie as well, perhaps Peach Parfait if it isn't too light for me. Macaroon (which I haven't swatched in person yet) also looks lovely and wearable.
I find these quite moisturizing, I used to apply balm after lunch and once again in the afternoon and skip the lipstick reapplication because my lips do get dry (I mostly love aircon but it kills my lips!) but this is soft and silky enough that over the last few days while I've been testing this out have gone back into my makeup purse instead of grabbing a lipbalm off my desk.
I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship...Will test out more shades when I get them.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by ochoseis

Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle is a lovely mauve color, it has become my everyday work color. Lip Butters are creamy, rich in color and last a nice amount of time