July 30, 2014 | 2007 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Tartlette

I bought this eye liner because I was looking for a cheaper alternative to MAC Blacktrack Fluidline & I found it! The consistency is very creamy and it is easy to apply. The colour is also extremely pigmented - this is a true BLACK. I use an angled brush to apply and will often set it with a black eye shadow using the same angled brush. I don't get smudging when I set it with a powder, but even with I don't set it. Lasting power is fantastic and very comparable to MAC. I brought this with me to Dominican Republic in July and it was very hot and humid and my liner did not go anywhere! For the price this product is a steal! Very affordable & high performance gel eye liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by guiltypleasurexD

Yes, Essence gel liner, yes, you've made me fall head over heels for you. After reading countless reviews, I bought this little gem for a mere 3 dollars and some change. I tried this liner (Midnight in Paris) a couple days before going to Disneyland running errands here and there. It smoothly applied (due to its VERY soft texture in the pot), was black as black could be w/ a mostly matte finish, and did not smudge. Give it a minute or so to set and you're good to go. I brought it with me to Disneyland and boy, did it deliver. I wore this liner everyday on my trip for about 12-15 hours. My eyeliner looked the same w/ very minimal fading from the moment I applied it in the morning to the moment I took off my makeup at night. This liner withstood 90+ degree heat, water rides, and tears (what can I say? I am a such a sucker for anything Disney, hehe). It did not smudge nor did it run. Bottom line, if you're wondering whether to try it or not--DO IT, it def lives up to the hype for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by anjamanninen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, this is my HG gel liner. It's so dang creamy, the second I dip my brush in it, it sinks into the liner. It's literally the blackest black liner I've ever used, and it is soooo pigmented. It stays on ALL day, and it even lasts a while on my waterline. It never smudges, except on my eyes, it smudges out a little in the outer corner, which gives me a little-minor raccoon-y effect. However, it's waterproof, and you can easily take it off with eye makeup remover. It's literally insane how $4 can give you such an amazing product. I hated how dry the maybelline eyestudio gel liner was, and I also tried the UIta brand gel liner when I got it for $5 (originally $10!), and they were both too dry. You had to almost scrape at the product to get any on your brush and it didn't even apply evenly. I only need 1 dip of a brush for a solid, neat, clean line and it looks amazing all day long. I definitely recommend you go get yourself some. It's sold at Ulta and is sold out a lot, but once it's in stock, jump on it. It's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 5:50:00 AM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've finally found my HG gel liner and it's only $4 CAD! I've tried quite a few gel liners, Maybelline, Physician's Formula, MAC, Smashbox, Coastal Scents, E.L.F... they were all good, but had their flaws. This Essence one is seriously a million times better than any other gel liner out there and it's so affordable.
CONS:
- rich, creamy texture
- incredibly pigmented
- does not smudge or transfer once dry
- does not flake at all
- glides on smoothly

In my opinion, there are absolutely no cons with this product. If you don't own this, give it a try. Stop throwing your money away on expensive gel liners and save it for other goodies. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by derivedhope

This is one of the best gel eyeliners out there, no wonder its sold out every time I go into ulta! Whoever has owned mac's blacktrack knows that it dries out so quickly. That is not the case with this stuff. I think I had it for 4 months before it started to show the smallest signs of drying (even though there were days I left the lid open for a long time!) It is very waterproof, very easy to work with, doesn't smudge or flake, and the black is very black. I also have the purple ("berlin rocks") which is a bit more useful as an eyeshadow base, since its a tiny bit less opaque and has a bit of a sheen/shimmer. Can't wait to try out all the colors. You simply cannot beat it at this price, or at any other price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by smsine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Kat2004

Yes I will buy again! These are the smoothest, creamiest, longest lasting and glossiest gel liners i've used...and i've used both high-end and lower-end gel liners. The black is my favorite...such a dark deep black with a nice glossy finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by asdfghjklnicah

Okay for starters, this was only $3.49. I purchased 01 Midnight In Paris.
I have been wanting a cheap, long lasting liner for the humidity and my oily eyelids.
Lemme tell you. I found it. Stayed on all day, even through rubbing my eyes after a water balloon fight. Really, the only problem I have with it is that it's not as easy to find as I would like it to be as Essence are only available at Shopper Drugmart in Canada, and sometimes Shoppers isn't even in stock. I suggest you try this, but make sure you use makeup remover to get this off (This stuff seriously doesn't budge)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Leila03

I have the color London Baby and I really, really like it so far. It is about a dollar more than the ELF gel eyeliner, but also far more superior. Color is a nice alternative to black and this particular eyeliner has excellent staying power. I always wore MAC Blacktrack and Dipdown, but I think I am 100% switching to this brand now. Honestly, the quality appears to be the same to me, but the Essence gel eyeliner is much, much more affordable. I plan on purchasing Midnight in Paris and Berlin Rocks as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Maryangels96

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!! I cant even begin to describe how much i love this, i got the one in 02 London Baby(and will be soon getting 01 midnight In Paris(black)). I have brown eyes so getting the same color gel liner just makes my eyes pop a little more, giving it that extra pop of color that i want. It lasts all day and it sure is creamy!!! It is very well compared to the maybelline gel liner and the mac as well. The price is perfect and the packaging is cute and great! But the finish is very fine shimmer, bearly noticeable, which makes the color brown a little less obvious but the color is still there!