April 24, 2014 | 896 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner ] [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by asdfghjklnicah

Okay for starters, this was only $3.49. I purchased 01 Midnight In Paris.
    I have been wanting a cheap, long lasting liner for the humidity and my oily eyelids.
    Lemme tell you. I found it. Stayed on all day, even through rubbing my eyes after a water balloon fight. Really, the only problem I have with it is that it's not as easy to find as I would like it to be as Essence are only available at Shopper Drugmart in Canada, and sometimes Shoppers isn't even in stock. I suggest you try this, but make sure you use makeup remover to get this off (This stuff seriously doesn't budge)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Leila03

I have the color London Baby and I really, really like it so far. It is about a dollar more than the ELF gel eyeliner, but also far more superior. Color is a nice alternative to black and this particular eyeliner has excellent staying power. I always wore MAC Blacktrack and Dipdown, but I think I am 100% switching to this brand now. Honestly, the quality appears to be the same to me, but the Essence gel eyeliner is much, much more affordable. I plan on purchasing Midnight in Paris and Berlin Rocks as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Maryangels96

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!! I cant even begin to describe how much i love this, i got the one in 02 London Baby(and will be soon getting 01 midnight In Paris(black)). I have brown eyes so getting the same color gel liner just makes my eyes pop a little more, giving it that extra pop of color that i want. It lasts all day and it sure is creamy!!! It is very well compared to the maybelline gel liner and the mac as well. The price is perfect and the packaging is cute and great! But the finish is very fine shimmer, bearly noticeable, which makes the color brown a little less obvious but the color is still there!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I had this eyeliner in 01 Midnight in Paris, which is a glossy, highly opaque black color. The product is packaged in a standard, no-fuss glass jar without a brush and is priced at US$4, the second cheapest gel liner I've seen thus far (beaten by e.l.f. Cream Eyeliner at $3 which does include a brush).

However, e.l.f.'s is water-resistant whereas essence's is truly waterproof. The formula in the jar is soft and easy to dip a brush in and apply, and just a little goes a very long way so this is best to apply conservatively. Brush it around on the hand quickly to warm it up and soften it even more, and it will glide over the lids.

Once it sets, it will not budge when immersed in any degree of water alone. Even sweat and oily lids didn't break it down on me! It's so stubborn, in fact, that it can be difficult to remove even with an oil-based makeup remover. So while it applies excellently and looks great when worn, it is a little fussy to clean up later.

I would save this for long days or nights or occasions where waterproofing may be needed because this really sticks, but I would not use this as an everyday eyeliner simply because it will be hard on your lids to clean it up, and you really don't want to be pulling, tugging, or putting too much pressure on your eyes every single night.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by GingerNoisette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It's more pigmented than Blacktrack..!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by yankeerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Only been using this for 1 week and already purchased a back-up. I have been a die hard fan of MAC blacktrack for years. It stayed on my waterline a good 8 hours without smearing etc. I read some reviews that this product was darker than the blacktrack and stayed on the waterline forever. It was $4 at Ulta, had a coupon, had nothing to loose by trying it. WOW!!! This stuff is ink black, never seen any gel liner this dark. And it stays on my waterlines like a permanent tattoo. Does not budge for 8/10 hours. I have absolutely nothing but raves for this product and would be willing to pay much more than $4 for it ,though I'm glad I don't have too. If you are looking for the ultimate, black as night, stay on til you force it off, gel liner for your waterline...look no further.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Titagil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this eyeliner in colour 01 midnight in Paris and it's really good, I went buying Catrice's eyeliner but decided to give this a chance and I don't regret at all, it's very pigmented and easy to aply.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by MakeMeDown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Affordable, goes on smooth and easy to control. I can create perfect lines every time, and best of all, cheap. Will be buying more.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by dpet0153

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Oh my gosh, best gel liner ever! I cannot believe how underrated this stuff is! It's creamy, it doesn't flake, it hasn't dried up in the two months I've owned it, and it's affordable. I can't express how awesome this stuff is...and I can't believe how cheap this is. This is definitely worth trying if you like gel eyeliner. And I really think it holds up as well as the high end gel liners...or maybe even better

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by sherrybird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first gel liner and I absolutely love it. It's so much darker than liquid or pencil and it stays on so much longer. No smudging, no flaking. And it's sooo creamy and easy to apply, even doing a winged end. It actually takes me less time to use this than pencil or even felt tip liquid liners. And it was only $3.99 at shoppers drug mart. I'm absolutely in love with this eyeliner.