September 30, 2014 | 1389 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup (2011 Formulation)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by redlipsdiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using Dior products (skincare and makeup) for about five years now. I absolutely love this foundation. I recently switched to 030 as I thought the 040 was a bit dark, although others did not notice. (I am a bit picky about exactly matching face to neck.) So, I can probably wear either shade if I adjust the powder (translucent vs. shaded) I use to set it.

I have very oily skin and some large pores on the sides of my nose. This foundation covers very well. A little goes a long way, but the coverage is build-able depending on your needs. I do have to blot after about six hours; however, I expect that with every foundation because of my very oily skin.

I get the best results when I use it alone, without a primer or moisturizer, as the "smart skin-shaping Skincare Essence" really does "become one with the skin," and only a little powder to set is needed. I generally only use my fingertips for application and blending.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Sparkled

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is wonderful, beautiful, and for me, a miracle. I have pinky-redness in my cheeks and very dry skin. Aside from my cheeks, I'm very fair (NW15) and had a difficult time finding a foundation that:

- Matches my neck
- Moisturizes without making me look too dewy
- Evens my skin tone
- Doesn't break me out
- Lasts at least 6 hours

I tried MUFE HD, Laura Mercier Moisturizing Foundation, Chanel VA, and several other highly rated foundations, and Diorskin Forever beat them all. I found an exact color match in Ivory. My skin feels comfortable, and as if I'm wearing nothing on my face. My redness is instantly covered and my face looks virtually flawless. Unlike my horrible experience with Bare Minerals, Forever has never broken me out or irritated my delicate, sensitive skin. I can wear it all day long and it doesn't transfer, nor does it really fade.

This is my holy grail foundation, and if it were to be discontinued tomorrow, I'd find some way to purchase at least 4 bottles to tide me over until I mournfully began searching for something new! *Crosses fingers and prays that this day will never come* I highly recommend this foundation, $46 price tag and all. When your face looks this perfect, it's worth the price!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by aqsa1

The orignal forever oxides on me. Shade 030 is a beautiful match and it gave me a flawless coverage. I got married in it abd cos i was abroad it was great on my tan skin but in the uk its useless. Fast forward to the newer version. It doesnt oxidise as bad as the older version but it looks bad. Settles in pores. Makes you look tired and lasts no more than 4 hrs. What are dior thinking. Infact all there foundations are the worst side of copper. They go on nice but within a few hours they change colour. I understand using primers and powders etc but for that kinda money please. Even their powders are the same. So why not buy a shade lighter you may think.

Well youl start of ghost like and by the time its darkened its slipped and then your ashy and blotchy. All these high end brands do this. Youl have to excuse me. Im a woman scorned, hence why im ranting. I cant seem to find a decent longwearing foundation that matches my nc30 skin that looks nice, stays put on my nose and diesnt break me out.

So in short this ones not worth it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by hrhirene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is impressive and currently ranks as my favorite. It hasn't attained HG status, though, and probably never will, in part due to the rather paltry color selection. I wear this in 010 Ivory and it's too yellow for my skin, which is rather pink. (around NW15-20) Dior definitely does not cater to the pink undertones. The match isn't great but I live with it, mainly because I haven't found anything better!

With that out of the way, if you can match to Dior's color selection then you may have found quite a nice foundation. There's a reason this stuff is so well reviewed. I wore the old Flawless a few years ago, and absolutely loved everything about it but for the fact that it broke me out *badly*. For some reason I recall the color working far better for me in that formulation, too. Anyway, once I heard this had been reformulated, I was thrilled to try it out again.

The finish is lovely; truly your skin, but better. My skin is sensitive, tends to go red when given the barest opportunity, combination and acne-prone. So the fact that this covered all of that up while managing to still look natural is nothing short of impressive. On occasion I will stop and admire areas of my skin that look so nice with this on.

I've gone out without a setting powder and been *shocked* that the foundation didn't completely melt off. It easily has the best staying power of any foundation I've used, and on my skin that is not easy. True, it goes from being fairly matte to "regular" skin (my favorite phase, lol) to looking pretty darn shiny at the end of 7 or 8 hours, but it's within the realm of acceptability. Blotting and powdering seem to invite caking and sliding, though... so keep that in mind... That is one major down side to this foundation - it slides off (and around) and transfers SO easily.

As a note RE application I do find that application with fingers works better (for me) than using any sort of brush. I tried with the Sephora Airbrush and a regular foundation application brush, and both left the finish looking notably cakier than it did when using clean fingers... something to keep in mind if you're not getting the application results you want.

So far no major issues with breakouts... time will tell... I plan to continue hunting other foundations, so unless I can't find anything remotely as good as this, I doubt I'll repurchase due to color selection and various other issues.

EDIT after more use...
I've found what I believe to be my HG foundation (cautious optimism...) and frankly this stuff pales in comparison to it. As I continued using it, I noticed it settling into various areas of my face, and exacerbating dry areas. It has still lasted the longest in my t-zone of any foundation I've tried but it's almost like the oil builds under it or something, then explodes. I wore this for about 10 hours - not doing anything sweaty or physical - and my face felt pretty disgusting by the time I got home. You know that feeling you get where you just *cannot* wait to wash off your makeup? I will shelve this in favor of a foundation that better matches my skin and doesn't slide.
There is an upside - it washes off very easily and doesn't stick around. The down side is, it's not sticking to your face, either. ;)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Zuggiecat

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like the new formula of this foundation. I could not wear the older Forever at all. It was too drying and sank into every pore. The new version is more hydrating and doesn't sink into the pores and gives medium coverage. It is smooth and glowy. The colors do not oxidize. I work for Dior and I am very happy with this foundation!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by SH81

Ok, so this is my first review ever. Let me start off by saying that I used to absolutely love the old Extreme Wear makeup before they revamped it last year. I probably wore that for at least 5+ years without ever having to worry about trying a new foundation.

So when I heard that they were revamping it I was so excited and thought it would be even amazing than the one I currently wear so off I went to buy the new one as soon as it was out even though I had about half a bottle of the original one left.

I bought the same shade 020 which was a lovely match and specifically asked if the colours were the same - when told yes i didn't hesitate in buying.

They were wrong. The new formulation meant that the 020 now looked lighter and gave off a slight grey tinge on my face. The texture also feels a little strange, although more runnier than the old one which means it blends further on the face it still felt a bit drying. Anyway, the biggest thing for me was the change in colour. I have since tried everything to make this work - bought shade 030 and mixed the two together - still no good. Recently I bought shade 023 which is called - what was I thinking???

In short, I have finally come to the conclusion that this foundation is no longer for me - apparently I'm in a minority. I am disappointed becaue I have now been spending an obscene amount on foundations in search of that foundation that comes pretty close to how I felt about the old Dior Forever - my search continues.....

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Maddy6

After reading many reviews of this foundation I decided to go out and give it a go. I have wanted to be able to wear liquid foundation for a long time and have not had much luck in the past. Gone are the days of searching for that perfect liquid foundation! This foundation is wonderful. I have been using it for several weeks and can honestly say I am not the slightest bit disappointed with this product. I have had a lot of trouble searching for the right colour of liquid foundation. My skin colour is somewhere between a MAC NC25 and NC30. I purchased this foundation in 031 Sand and the colour match is perfect. I have strong yellow undertones and the MAC NC30 comes up slightly orange on me but this colour works great. Dior have a great colour range for all skin tones which is great because there is something for everyone. When applying the product I use one pump and this covers my entire face and I have enough left over to cover my neck as well so a little definitely goes a long way! My main aim was to find a long-wearing liquid foundation that would not need much touching up throughout the day. This is definitely the longest-wearing foundation I have ever used. It has lasted me 14 hours which is incredible considering my t-zone does get quite oily and throughout the day I didn't even have to touch up with powder. At the end of the day my t-zone was a tad oily and could have used a little mattifying powder but I'm definitely not complaining about that! This foundation hasn't broken me out wheras MAC foundations have given me a few spots. The product has a slight odour to it but I wouldn't say it's unpleasant as it doesn't smell chemically. For those with extra-sensitive skin I would consider testing before purchasing to test for any reactions to the ingredients in the product. The packaging of the product is great. It comes in a translucent glass bottle and the design of the bottle looks expensive. Also the pump is very controllable so very little product is wasted. The only down side to this foundation is the price but I would say it is an investment as it's £29-£30 for 30ml and considering one pump covers my entire face with some product leftover and I have quite scarred skin I can definitely feel this product lasting a long time and won't need to buy again for a while. When it runs out I most certainly will be running to the stores to repurchase though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is how we all wish our skin naturally was like. I was using the Diorskin Nude foundation and thought it was *close* to the most amazing foundation on earth. Who knew Diorskin Forever was that amazing foundation! Way better than Nude. I wanted a hydrating and glowy foundation that wasn't drying and didn't make me look greasy hours later. While Nude was somewhat glowy (meh), it kept drying my skin and enhancing/exacerbating my already dry patches. I had tried the old Dior Extreme Wear years ago and it had broken me out day one. The new Forever formula is completely different than the old one! It's very creamy and provides medium to high coverage IMO. It's very easy to blend and also easy to layer for more coverage. I can't describe it but for some reason, you can't really layer Nude. Forever does NOT look cakey. Does NOT dry me out. Does NOT exacerbate dry spots. Does NOT break me out. And it really has the most intoxicating smell ever---like a field of flowers. Very beautiful finish and more glowy than Nude without looking greasy after an hour or so like Nude. Staying power is about 8 hours. I throw on some Guerlain Meteorites on top for some extra glow and powder my t-zone twice a day. Best foundation on the market IMO. More natural-looking than Nude. One thing to keep in mind is that this foundation (and all other Dior foundations) does oxidize so I suggest you go a shade lighter. I'm about NC27 and initially tried 021 Linen, which was a perfect match upon application. Hours later it turned a muddy brown color and made me look about 3 shades darker than I am. So I opted for 020, which is not as yellow as 021 but oxidizes to look more natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by pammie0415

UPDATE: I still love this foundation BUT I've realized that 020 Light beige is not the right color for me. I've gotten much paler since the summer and 020 is actually too dark now. It's barely light enough for me when I first put it on but IT DOES oxidize. By mid day, it's way too dark for me. I think I'm more of a NC/W 15 now and 010 would probably be a much better match.

I have to say I LOVE this foundation. I love it simply because I've had such a hard time finding a perfect match for my skin for all these years and now I've finally found it! I know a lot of girls find the range quite limiting but the fact that most of these shades are for neutral undertone is perfect for me. I've always had such a hard time because everything is either too yellow or too pink on my skin. I wish more brands would make shades for skin with neutral undertone. (cough cough MAC)

I have light-medium skin with neutral undertone (slightly cool leaning). NC20 is way too yellow and dark on me and NW20 is too pink. NW 15 is just a little bit too light for me and again, too pink. I wear #20 light beige in Diorskin forever and it's perfect. I've never found a match this good. I hope this helps for girls out there who have similar problems finding a good foundation because everything is either too yellow or too pink.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 8:45:00 AM More reviews by mlnwalters

Overall - I absolutely LOVE this foundation. This foundation has medium coverage that can be built without looking cakey. My dry spots are not accentuated at all and my pores are not accentuated which is a problem that I have with other foundations even when using a primer. Foundations just don't "sit right" on my skin but this one truly does. This foundation does not transfer and it is very long lasting - I work 12 hr shifts and it holds up even during my craziest days at work.

Although there are only 12 shades, the color matching system is pretty helpful in finding the right shade. Each shade is categorized with pink, yellow, peach, or neutral undertones. I have shade 030 which is for medium beige/medium light complexions with neutral undertones and it matches my skintone perfectly.

This foundation has SPF 25 but NO white face flashback in flash photography. It looks beautiful in pictures.

There is a slight perfume scent to the foundation - reminds me of Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua, a scent that I absolutely LOVE. I am one to get headaches if things are overly scented and this does not bother me at all.

Price - It's expensive. $47 US at Sephora.

Packaging - Comes in the standard frosted gloss bottle that Dior foundations come in. While heavy, it does look beautiful sitting on my dresser and I love beauty items that look luxurious! There is a pump on this foundation that dispenses just enough product.