July 29, 2014 | 2001 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup (2011 Formulation)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by SH81

Ok, so this is my first review ever. Let me start off by saying that I used to absolutely love the old Extreme Wear makeup before they revamped it last year. I probably wore that for at least 5+ years without ever having to worry about trying a new foundation.

So when I heard that they were revamping it I was so excited and thought it would be even amazing than the one I currently wear so off I went to buy the new one as soon as it was out even though I had about half a bottle of the original one left.

I bought the same shade 020 which was a lovely match and specifically asked if the colours were the same - when told yes i didn't hesitate in buying.

They were wrong. The new formulation meant that the 020 now looked lighter and gave off a slight grey tinge on my face. The texture also feels a little strange, although more runnier than the old one which means it blends further on the face it still felt a bit drying. Anyway, the biggest thing for me was the change in colour. I have since tried everything to make this work - bought shade 030 and mixed the two together - still no good. Recently I bought shade 023 which is called - what was I thinking???

In short, I have finally come to the conclusion that this foundation is no longer for me - apparently I'm in a minority. I am disappointed becaue I have now been spending an obscene amount on foundations in search of that foundation that comes pretty close to how I felt about the old Dior Forever - my search continues.....

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Maddy6

After reading many reviews of this foundation I decided to go out and give it a go. I have wanted to be able to wear liquid foundation for a long time and have not had much luck in the past. Gone are the days of searching for that perfect liquid foundation! This foundation is wonderful. I have been using it for several weeks and can honestly say I am not the slightest bit disappointed with this product. I have had a lot of trouble searching for the right colour of liquid foundation. My skin colour is somewhere between a MAC NC25 and NC30. I purchased this foundation in 031 Sand and the colour match is perfect. I have strong yellow undertones and the MAC NC30 comes up slightly orange on me but this colour works great. Dior have a great colour range for all skin tones which is great because there is something for everyone. When applying the product I use one pump and this covers my entire face and I have enough left over to cover my neck as well so a little definitely goes a long way! My main aim was to find a long-wearing liquid foundation that would not need much touching up throughout the day. This is definitely the longest-wearing foundation I have ever used. It has lasted me 14 hours which is incredible considering my t-zone does get quite oily and throughout the day I didn't even have to touch up with powder. At the end of the day my t-zone was a tad oily and could have used a little mattifying powder but I'm definitely not complaining about that! This foundation hasn't broken me out wheras MAC foundations have given me a few spots. The product has a slight odour to it but I wouldn't say it's unpleasant as it doesn't smell chemically. For those with extra-sensitive skin I would consider testing before purchasing to test for any reactions to the ingredients in the product. The packaging of the product is great. It comes in a translucent glass bottle and the design of the bottle looks expensive. Also the pump is very controllable so very little product is wasted. The only down side to this foundation is the price but I would say it is an investment as it's £29-£30 for 30ml and considering one pump covers my entire face with some product leftover and I have quite scarred skin I can definitely feel this product lasting a long time and won't need to buy again for a while. When it runs out I most certainly will be running to the stores to repurchase though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is how we all wish our skin naturally was like. I was using the Diorskin Nude foundation and thought it was *close* to the most amazing foundation on earth. Who knew Diorskin Forever was that amazing foundation! Way better than Nude. I wanted a hydrating and glowy foundation that wasn't drying and didn't make me look greasy hours later. While Nude was somewhat glowy (meh), it kept drying my skin and enhancing/exacerbating my already dry patches. I had tried the old Dior Extreme Wear years ago and it had broken me out day one. The new Forever formula is completely different than the old one! It's very creamy and provides medium to high coverage IMO. It's very easy to blend and also easy to layer for more coverage. I can't describe it but for some reason, you can't really layer Nude. Forever does NOT look cakey. Does NOT dry me out. Does NOT exacerbate dry spots. Does NOT break me out. And it really has the most intoxicating smell ever---like a field of flowers. Very beautiful finish and more glowy than Nude without looking greasy after an hour or so like Nude. Staying power is about 8 hours. I throw on some Guerlain Meteorites on top for some extra glow and powder my t-zone twice a day. Best foundation on the market IMO. More natural-looking than Nude. One thing to keep in mind is that this foundation (and all other Dior foundations) does oxidize so I suggest you go a shade lighter. I'm about NC27 and initially tried 021 Linen, which was a perfect match upon application. Hours later it turned a muddy brown color and made me look about 3 shades darker than I am. So I opted for 020, which is not as yellow as 021 but oxidizes to look more natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by pammie0415

UPDATE: I still love this foundation BUT I've realized that 020 Light beige is not the right color for me. I've gotten much paler since the summer and 020 is actually too dark now. It's barely light enough for me when I first put it on but IT DOES oxidize. By mid day, it's way too dark for me. I think I'm more of a NC/W 15 now and 010 would probably be a much better match.

I have to say I LOVE this foundation. I love it simply because I've had such a hard time finding a perfect match for my skin for all these years and now I've finally found it! I know a lot of girls find the range quite limiting but the fact that most of these shades are for neutral undertone is perfect for me. I've always had such a hard time because everything is either too yellow or too pink on my skin. I wish more brands would make shades for skin with neutral undertone. (cough cough MAC)

I have light-medium skin with neutral undertone (slightly cool leaning). NC20 is way too yellow and dark on me and NW20 is too pink. NW 15 is just a little bit too light for me and again, too pink. I wear #20 light beige in Diorskin forever and it's perfect. I've never found a match this good. I hope this helps for girls out there who have similar problems finding a good foundation because everything is either too yellow or too pink.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 8:45:00 AM More reviews by mlnwalters

Overall - I absolutely LOVE this foundation. This foundation has medium coverage that can be built without looking cakey. My dry spots are not accentuated at all and my pores are not accentuated which is a problem that I have with other foundations even when using a primer. Foundations just don't "sit right" on my skin but this one truly does. This foundation does not transfer and it is very long lasting - I work 12 hr shifts and it holds up even during my craziest days at work.

Although there are only 12 shades, the color matching system is pretty helpful in finding the right shade. Each shade is categorized with pink, yellow, peach, or neutral undertones. I have shade 030 which is for medium beige/medium light complexions with neutral undertones and it matches my skintone perfectly.

This foundation has SPF 25 but NO white face flashback in flash photography. It looks beautiful in pictures.

There is a slight perfume scent to the foundation - reminds me of Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua, a scent that I absolutely LOVE. I am one to get headaches if things are overly scented and this does not bother me at all.

Price - It's expensive. $47 US at Sephora.

Packaging - Comes in the standard frosted gloss bottle that Dior foundations come in. While heavy, it does look beautiful sitting on my dresser and I love beauty items that look luxurious! There is a pump on this foundation that dispenses just enough product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by butterflylcsw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is gorgeous, though it does oxidize a little and it's a little more drying than I'd like it to be. But, it is light, covers amazingly well. It might be perfect for the summer when my cheeks are less dry. *I should note that it is much less drying than any other long wear foundation I've ever tried.

edit: I don't know what it is, but my skin looks better with this foundation than with any other I've found so far. I don't know if it's the shade and texture together that just works for my skin..or what it is. The more I use it, the more I think it's the closest thing to my HG I've ever found.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by lilac819

READ READ READ!!!!
Dior Forever - Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup
IMO this foundation lives up to its name to the fullest. It gives me a flawless look. It does fuse into my skin as if it's part of my skin, not sitting on top of it. Because it does melts into the skin, I don't recommend applying this on the back of your hand, because the skin on your hand will soak up about 20-30% of it up before it has the chance to go on your face. It's a $46+tax foundation, I want to use it all up on my face. I've been using MUFE mat velvet+ & MUFE face and body for a while now and I thought those two were the long wearing foundations until I bought Dior Forever. I find that it stays on all day even without a setting powder (I have oily, combo skin, VERY oily at T-zone). I would recommend a thin thin layer of non-SPF lotion, and a water-based (not silicone) primer before putting on this foundation. I think silicone would just make the foundation slide off.

I am an NC40 and I wear shade 031 (yellow undertone). At first, I bought 040, but it was wayyy to red for my skin. 031 would is perfect for my skin now because it's winter, but I might buy 040 and mix it with 031 if I get darker during the summer. Although, my skin is more on the 031 side than 040. For those who are concerned about which shade to get, i would recommend visiting www.temptalia.com and click on foundation match. My friend who is an NC35 and my aunt is about an NC30 also matches shade 031. So that tells you that this foundation blends beautifully into the skin of many shades.

This is my favorite foundation to wear in the day time or night time. But more so in the day time because I would be able to utilize the SPF. I don't see a white cast on my face when I take pictures on my face like some has mentioned. But since my MUFE foundations don't have SPF, I prefer to use those up at night.

I took off one lippie because I don't like foundations that have pumps and require to "Shake well". If you think about it...it's pointless to shake well if it only takes 1 pump to cover my entire face. So, i'm basically only using the foundation that was in the tube of the pump, not the foundation in the bottle that I had just shook up. So doesn't it make sense that I'm using separated foundation in the tube everytime? I prefer squeezed tube foundation, if they require to be "shaken well". Otherwise, I think it's pointless to even shake.

I added the lippie back because I think the flawless look, and how it melts into my skin makes up for the flawed packaging. (i'm weird....i know).

17 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by YellowLantern

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very good medium coverage foundation, it stays looking freshly applied for a long time (even on my oily skin) and does not accentuate oily skin. I think the name of fusion wear is a very good description, as this really does meld with my skin and looks extremely natural while still providing coverage to my acne scars. Frankly this is probably the most natural looking, long wear foundation I've tried so far. The consistency is sort of like a liquid-y serum and is easy to blend in for an ultra natural look.

Two issues I've run into with this foundation are what is keeping me from giving this a '5' is that it is not transfer resistant and that this foundation settles or creases into fine lines somewhat. Although not all of the foundation comes off with blotting, if I blot I do end up with a beige tissue which is something I do not like. I'm not sure how this would wear on someone with mature skin and more prominent lines as my skin isn't mature yet, but I've noticed that after a few hours if I look closely under my eyes (I do apply this to the under eye area) I can see this foundation creasing a bit into the fine lines I have under my eyes. If I take my finger and gently smooth the area out it removes the creases, but I would prefer for this not to happen at all the rest of my face however looks fantastic.

One thing I have noticed is that for my oily skin this foundation wears much better on bare skin rather than on skin that has been moisturized. And since this foundation has SPF 25 (a major pro!) I feel more comfortable wearing this alone without an SPF moisturizer underneath. I think it must be said about this foundation line that the color selection is not the best. I actually feel pretty lucky that I managed to fit into Dior's limited color selection. I'm an NC20 and I wear Linen 021, which is for "light complexions with a yellow undertone", and is a good match for me, but if you're paler than that there is only one color option lighter than that: Ivory 010 (Light Beige 020 is the same color intensity as Linen but is for "light complexions with neutral undertones").

Bottom line: This one if worth looking into for those looking for both a natural finish that lasts a long time.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: Sept. 2012

I think I've found a way to perfect the application of this foundation which is now my favourite makeup base (apart from Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua which is foolproof with fingers) - just use a moist sponge! So simple, so flawless, better than any fancy brush or fingers - gives an absolutely impeccable finish, and all this without looking like you are wearing a heavy foundation. The layer on the skin is thin and unpercievable. This is the way to do it, I am adding a couple of more lippies!

After many years without wearing foundation I have changed my makeup routine and when a new generation of foundations came out this year I have purchased first a Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and then Dior one (beautiful ad with Natalie Portman really worked its purpose well).

Chanel in its minuscule plastic packaging I have decided to keep for my numerous travels while Dior (mainly beacuse of its posh, heavy glass bottle) stays on my vanity table at home.

After a sample obtained in the magazine ( it is very difficult to obtain foundation samples in Scotland - it really makes me annoyed how precious SA are about these here!) I decided to go for 020 (I am pretty pale all year around with some yellow/olive undertones, I am B20 in Chanel) and it is a pretty good match for my skintone.

I use one pump and spread it with my fingers. It spreads easily but sets really quickly so you have to work fast to get a finish without smudges. It evens out my facetone nicely but does not improve a look of the structure of my skin - any dry patch is going to be accentuated. It gives my dry skin a pretty matte look which I have to counteract with Clarins Fix Make-up otherwise my pores look like craters and wrinkles appear that I have no idea of!

However, it quickly disappeares off my nose and chin so it is not so long lasting as Dior describes it. It goes quite oily on my t-zone which is otherwise normal so I have to blot with Shiseido's blotting papers after approx. 4 hours.

So it is definitely not a miracle foundation and I am on the fence with this product - I rather use it because I have paid so much for it that I cannot bear it standing unused on my vanity table. Chanel will be definitely purchased again but not this one.

^ EDIT: I might buy a Nude version instead. Also mixed with Chanel VItalumiere (not Aqua one) get a slightly more dewy look in winter and matches my colouring better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

READ: I'm NW15-20 and have to wear the very lightest shade, 010 Ivory, in pretty much all of Dior's foundations. If you are NC/NW10 or so, definitely get swatched at Sephora or a Dior counter before you purchase; Dior's colors tend to be a little too dark compared to many other brands on the market, and you may not be able to find the right shade. I'm usually the second lightest foundation shade in most brands, but Ivory was a perfect match for my fair skin.

As for the foundation itself?

I love it. I absolutely love it. More and more, I feel as if my HG items keep falling into my lap! I had been wearing Diorskin Nude in 022 Cameo for about a month, when I decided that right now I am WAY too pale for such a shade. Diorskin Nude has a very dewy look to it, and the coverage is light, but I liked the darker tone and the glowiness; I thought it worked pretty well with my dry, rosacea-prone skin. However, I did decide that I couldn't wear Cameo any longer, and took the bottle of Nude with me to Sephora for an exchange. This was about a week and a half before Christmas, and things at the mall were growing chaotic.

The scene at Sephora was no exception. Everything was was in disarray, and the Ivory shade of Diorskin Nude I needed was gone. People were everywhere, and I had to wait twenty minutes for I could get some poor, overworked SA to help me. She looked and looked and then found a second SA, who told me that they wouldn't get a new shipment of Ivory in the DiorSkin Nude until right before Christmas. One of the girls suggested that I try Diorskin Forever instead. "It's the exact same color system," she said, "And you may like the formula. It can at least tide you over for now, and then after Christmas you're welcome to come back and swap it out for a bottle of the Nude." (Say what you want about Sephora, but their return policy is awesome!)

Before I left Sephora with my new bottle of Forever, I took the sample bottle of Nude and swatched it along side a bit of Forever. Both shades, in Ivory, looked 100% alike, and I wish so much I'd taken a picture just to prove my point. Then I blended either formula on the back of my hands, just to see if they felt the same. After that I went to lunch with a friend. Halfway through our meal, I noticed that the hand with Diorskin Nude felt slightly tighter, or maybe dryer, than the hand with Diorskin Forever on it. It wasn't a huge difference, but it felt worth noting.

Since that time, I've decided that Diorskin Forever is my REAL HG foundation; it's more perfect than I could have asked for. I think Nude is still a fabulous foundation and many girls would be happy with it. However, I'm sticking with Forever because:

1. The SPF coverage is higher; Forever is 25 and Nude is only 10.

2. The finished look is more natural than the Nude, which makes Forever much more versatile. I can always add glowiness or dewiness to the Forever with other products, but I can't as easily take away that effect from the Nude.

3. The coverage is a little more intense and buildable than Nude. Nude can be built to medium coverage, but on my skin, one layer of Forever is pretty much all I need, unless my skin is really misbehaving.

I took off one point for packaging; the only part of Diorskin Nude I really miss is the gorgeous, heavy silver lid! But the navy blue lid on the Forever is pretty, and at least it doesn't show fingerprints as easily!

All in all, I'm very happy that I was "stuck" with Diorskin Forever. A month after purchasing, I'm absolutely thrilled with what happened. I also feel that the Diorskin Forever compact is a perfect compliment for touch-ups, and it didn't mesh QUITE as well with the Nude.

In my experience, the best way to apply Diorskin Forever is with the Sephora Airbrush #56. I get it slightly damp, and pump a very tiny amount of Forever onto my finger. I dab dots of the foundation all over my cheeks to start, and then I put my brush to work. First I stipple the foundation around, then in quick circles, I buff the formula out. I do the same thing to the rest of my face, and probably use only 1.5 to 2.5 pumps of Forever maximum. It's very quickly applied, and I think that combination of a high quality formula with the very soft, fluffy, and versatile Sephora brush helps speed things up greatly.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No