January 29, 2015 | 1968 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Looks very pretty... the second photo is me wearing it. I actually bought this because the sales girl had beautiful lashes so I asked her which mascara she was wearing herself and it turned out to be this one. Doll eyes is a very accurate description: gives a wide-eyed and innocent look, more pretty than sexy, I think. I just don't understand why a mascara needs to smell so strongly of perfume! It's a good mascara but I think I prefer Diorshow. This one does really open up your eyes and curls the eyelashes up, whereas Diorshow seems to be a bit more sultry and appears to add more volume, which I like.

Edit 16 April 2012: Today I put my Diorshow on one eye and this one on the other. It's now nearly 11 pm here and Hypnose Doll Eyes still looks gorgeous, whereas Diorshow looks kinda clumpy and not as lush as I thought. Hm. I also like that this mascara seems to make my lash line look denser somehow... as if I am wearing eyeliner almost. Downside was that this one stung my eye a little and Diorshow never did that, but the feeling passed really quickly, as did the horrible chemical 'rose' smell. Anyone interested in seeing the difference, I uploaded a pic to my profile. Left eye = Doll eyes, right eye = Diorshow (viewer's perspective)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by nanipoonani

I usually don't buy anything more expensive than Benefit when it comes to mascara, but I'm obsessed with the Biba look this spring and got really excited about this mascara. It applied nicely, though sparingly like new mascaras do, but was amazing on my bottom lashes (mine usually spike and tangle and generally fail to impress). Trouble was, an hour later there was no mascara on my lashes, and a heck of a lot on my face. I am a bit oily, especially around the eyes, but this just wasn't going to work at all. I swapped it out for Definicils, but I'm not much more pleased with that one. I must just have the wrong skin type for Lancome.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by boredtotears1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was intrigued by the "doll lashes" claim & even liked the results when I tried this in-store so i bought it,
To my horror the first day I wore it one of my colleagues looked at me & started laughing ( I hadnt been crying, it wasnt a hot day & it wasnt even lunchtime) - I rushed to the bathroom & it had somehow run off my lashes & was embedded in the creases around my eyes!! NOT A GOOD LOOK!
I now keep this as my spare when I go out (as I dont care if I lose it) - and had to go out & buy another mascara for everyday (estee lauder double lash extending which is much better)
Dont waste your money!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by lovelylaura25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided to treat myself to this mascara about 2 months ago after seeing their really cute magazine advertisements and being persuaded by the beautiful packaging. I have to say that I have mixed feelings about this product. The first few times I used it, I absolutely hated it. I was so mad at myself for spending so much money on it when I could have gotten something better (I was contemplating between this and the DiorShow mascara).

At first, it was a very thin and watery formula that did nothing for my lashes, except darken their colour. I needed to layer on about a million coats for there to be any difference. I kept meaning to return it but I purchased another mascara and forgot about it.

A few weeks ago, I decided to try it again. This time, it worked so much better. Leaving it alone for a while made the formula bulk up a bit (as it does with most mascaras....sometimes a good thing, sometimes not so much). When I use it now, my lases look great. I still need to put on a few coats of it, but it's delivering the results I'm looking for now. Full, seperated lashes. I also find the quality to be excellent. It doesn't flake or smudge for me AT ALL. I even slept in it a few nights ago (after a long night...) and when I woke up, it still looked great.

I wouldn't repurchase it again because there are so many great mascaras out there, but I'm glad I gave it another chance.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by CrisAlex

Even though I technically didn't pay for this (I got it with my Shoppers Drug Mart optimum points), this product is such a waste! This mascara does nothing for my lashes. All I end up with is a set of separated lashes, which many MUAers here describe as doll lashes. No volume! No thickness! Maybe I got too used to the dramatic look I get with Hypnose. But seriously, I could have used my points for that instead. Now I have to go out and get myself a new mascara. This one's going to the trashcan.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by KeelyBreanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. It seperates your lashes brilliantly, and gives a good amount of length, although I would have liked more. The only downfall is that this mascara is expensive, being from a high end brand. If I ever get into a lot of money, I'll buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 8:18:00 AM More reviews by ruthyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Admittedly I have naturally long and curled lashes but this is the best mascara I've used yet. Not gluggy, doesn't weigh my lashes down or make them stick together in clumps. True to its word, makes my eye lashes look doll-like. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by giannina01

I splurged on this being the compulsive buyer that i am because i was out of mascara and the sales-lady convinced me. i have to say im soo dissapointed. It flakes throughout the day, it makes my eyelashes clumpy and all in all.. its not awful but for what i paid its NOT worth it i like the colossal mascara that's one third of the price much better. Also its hard to take off. I do not recommend it and will not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by jhamya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the mostly bad reviews on here, i was so hesitant to buy this product. But I did, and I'm so glad! Before this, I was faithful to YSL's Faux Cils, which gave me long, beautiful dark lashes, which I could make natural, or into falsies at will. But the Doll Lashes does the exact same thing, and more, for a good 5 pounds less! The brush is great, I had problems with the YSL formula getting onto my lids, it doesn't seem to happen with this one. It's easy to take off, and stays in place unless I've been sweating, or whatever. The packaging is beautiful, and I plan to re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by sap28

Gives beautiful lashes and doll eyed look....very happy.... cute packaging too