Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes

3.2

Aqua, paraffin, copernicia cerifera cera/carnauba wax, steareth-20, beeswax, acacia senegal gum, alcohol denat, stearteh-2, cetyl alcohol, potassium cetyl phosphate, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, tdi/trimellitic anhydride copolymer, sodium polymethacrylate, silica, 2-oleamido-1/3-octadecanediol, phenethyl alocohol, nylon 12, disodium edta, hydroxyethylcellulose, caprylol glycol, pantehnol, pentylene glycol, polyquaternium-10, sodium dehydroacetate. May contain: CI 77007/ultramarines, CI77491/ CI77499 Iron oxides, mica, d46956/2

on 5/2/2012 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would not purchase this mascara again. I guess you would say I am picky when it comes to mascara. I prefer volumizing and dry formulas. What gets me with this particular mascara is the wand. I do not like the shape. The formula is ok. It's not super wet and I think I would like the mascara more if it wasn't for the cone shaped wand.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This mascara has been a total and utter disappointment especially for its price. I have regular stick straight not very thick eyelashes. They can look thick and lush (and keep a curl)when I use my HG maybelling falsies wp. Hypnose doll lashes just defines my somewhat skimpy lashes. So they just look like defined skimpy lashes. That is it and that is ALL. The formula immediately uncurls my lashes which all non waterproof formulas always do on me. This mascara is as "fabulous" as maybelline great lash. The brush is a joke too. I have to switch hands in order to try to use it correctly. I shouldnt have to do that. LAME, BORING, DISAPPOINTING EXPENSIVE MASCARA. NEVER AGAIN WILL I WASTE MY MONEY. But if you ALREADY have naturally thick lush curly lashes then by all means give this a shot. (but if I were those lucky ladies I would save my money and go for drugstore brands which outperform this sorry excuse of a mascara any day. )

on 4/26/2012 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love almost everything from Lancme when it comes to makeup - except for the mascaras. Doll Eyes is no exception:

Pros:
- doesn't clump

Cons:
- No added volume
- No lengthening
- Doesn't hold a curl
- Smudges and flakes

on 4/21/2012 11:08:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Hypnose has been my regular goto high end mascara so when I was in KICKS (Swedish makeup store) last week I thought why not try this one instead. Stupid does what stupid is. This mascara did nothing for my eyes, at least nothing good.

Working with the mascara was tough. First coat left me with just darkened lashes that weren't particularly long or thick. Second coat gave me spider legs. As some other reviewer suggested I leave the mascara be for awhile. The consistency might change for the better. For this pricey item I shouldn't need to go through hoops.

on 4/11/2012 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Looks very pretty... the second photo is me wearing it. I actually bought this because the sales girl had beautiful lashes so I asked her which mascara she was wearing herself and it turned out to be this one. Doll eyes is a very accurate description: gives a wide-eyed and innocent look, more pretty than sexy, I think. I just don't understand why a mascara needs to smell so strongly of perfume! It's a good mascara but I think I prefer Diorshow. This one does really open up your eyes and curls the eyelashes up, whereas Diorshow seems to be a bit more sultry and appears to add more volume, which I like.

Edit 16 April 2012: Today I put my Diorshow on one eye and this one on the other. It's now nearly 11 pm here and Hypnose Doll Eyes still looks gorgeous, whereas Diorshow looks kinda clumpy and not as lush as I thought. Hm. I also like that this mascara seems to make my lash line look denser somehow... as if I am wearing eyeliner almost. Downside was that this one stung my eye a little and Diorshow never did that, but the feeling passed really quickly, as did the horrible chemical 'rose' smell. Anyone interested in seeing the difference, I uploaded a pic to my profile. Left eye = Doll eyes, right eye = Diorshow (viewer's perspective)

on 4/11/2012 11:56:00 AM

I usually don't buy anything more expensive than Benefit when it comes to mascara, but I'm obsessed with the Biba look this spring and got really excited about this mascara. It applied nicely, though sparingly like new mascaras do, but was amazing on my bottom lashes (mine usually spike and tangle and generally fail to impress). Trouble was, an hour later there was no mascara on my lashes, and a heck of a lot on my face. I am a bit oily, especially around the eyes, but this just wasn't going to work at all. I swapped it out for Definicils, but I'm not much more pleased with that one. I must just have the wrong skin type for Lancome.

on 4/10/2012 11:55:00 AM

I was intrigued by the "doll lashes" claim & even liked the results when I tried this in-store so i bought it,
To my horror the first day I wore it one of my colleagues looked at me & started laughing ( I hadnt been crying, it wasnt a hot day & it wasnt even lunchtime) - I rushed to the bathroom & it had somehow run off my lashes & was embedded in the creases around my eyes!! NOT A GOOD LOOK!
I now keep this as my spare when I go out (as I dont care if I lose it) - and had to go out & buy another mascara for everyday (estee lauder double lash extending which is much better)
Dont waste your money!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I decided to treat myself to this mascara about 2 months ago after seeing their really cute magazine advertisements and being persuaded by the beautiful packaging. I have to say that I have mixed feelings about this product. The first few times I used it, I absolutely hated it. I was so mad at myself for spending so much money on it when I could have gotten something better (I was contemplating between this and the DiorShow mascara).

At first, it was a very thin and watery formula that did nothing for my lashes, except darken their colour. I needed to layer on about a million coats for there to be any difference. I kept meaning to return it but I purchased another mascara and forgot about it.

A few weeks ago, I decided to try it again. This time, it worked so much better. Leaving it alone for a while made the formula bulk up a bit (as it does with most mascaras....sometimes a good thing, sometimes not so much). When I use it now, my lases look great. I still need to put on a few coats of it, but it's delivering the results I'm looking for now. Full, seperated lashes. I also find the quality to be excellent. It doesn't flake or smudge for me AT ALL. I even slept in it a few nights ago (after a long night...) and when I woke up, it still looked great.

I wouldn't repurchase it again because there are so many great mascaras out there, but I'm glad I gave it another chance.

on 4/2/2012 6:23:00 PM

Even though I technically didn't pay for this (I got it with my Shoppers Drug Mart optimum points), this product is such a waste! This mascara does nothing for my lashes. All I end up with is a set of separated lashes, which many MUAers here describe as doll lashes. No volume! No thickness! Maybe I got too used to the dramatic look I get with Hypnose. But seriously, I could have used my points for that instead. Now I have to go out and get myself a new mascara. This one's going to the trashcan.

on 4/2/2012 11:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this mascara. It seperates your lashes brilliantly, and gives a good amount of length, although I would have liked more. The only downfall is that this mascara is expensive, being from a high end brand. If I ever get into a lot of money, I'll buy again.