Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes

3.2

Aqua, paraffin, copernicia cerifera cera/carnauba wax, steareth-20, beeswax, acacia senegal gum, alcohol denat, stearteh-2, cetyl alcohol, potassium cetyl phosphate, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, tdi/trimellitic anhydride copolymer, sodium polymethacrylate, silica, 2-oleamido-1/3-octadecanediol, phenethyl alocohol, nylon 12, disodium edta, hydroxyethylcellulose, caprylol glycol, pantehnol, pentylene glycol, polyquaternium-10, sodium dehydroacetate. May contain: CI 77007/ultramarines, CI77491/ CI77499 Iron oxides, mica, d46956/2

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

So dissapointed Hynose put their name to this. You do not get doll lashes. Stick with plain old' Hynose for quality.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Do not waste your money on this! I was so excited to buy this mascara but so disappointed when I used it. It's very dry and flakey, it actually irrates my eyes. The shape of the wand makes no sense and it made my lashes look thin and stringy, even though I have naturally thick and long eyelashes. The smell of it smells like wine to me.. not roses. The color was nice though, it was very black. If you have tiny eyelashes this might do you justice but for me it made them look worse. I wouldn't use this mascara as anything more than a base coat.

on 5/25/2012 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Packaging;
Plastic and feels light when you hold it. Looks very cute and fancy, it has grey rose prints on it, unlike Lancôme 's other mascaras. On one side of the cap it says HYPNÔSE in silver, with a silver rose next to it. Under that it says Doll Eyes in Italic style. On the other side of the cap it says LANCÔME in silver. The tube is 13,5 cm long (5.3 inches).

Brush;
The brush is 2,5 cm long (1 inch). It is triangle shaped, like a Christmas tree, thicker at the bottom and thinner at the end. At the bottom it is 1 cm wide (0.4 inch) and at the end it's about 0,4 cm wide (0.2 inch). Personally I think it picks up a normal amount of product, all you have to do is wipe of the excess at the tip, like you have to do with all mascaras. It has the same round shape all around, except it getting thinner at the end, it doesn't have a flat side like many other mascaras do.

Product and personal opinion;
Keep in mind that the quality of a mascara is always a combination of product and brush, and if you like it or not usually depends on the shape of your lashes and skin type. I have tried many other mascaras by Lancôme that work much better on me than this. This is probably the worst of them, though it works OKAY. It feels drier than normal, but not too dry. On me it smudges under my eyes, so it's certainly not waterproof. It doesn't give volume, but lengthens a bit. Doesn't curl much.

The mascara also has a strong scent of roses, which is ridicilous since it can only cause problems and no good - you can't feel the smell on your eyes anyway, it can only irritate sensitive eyes. It's the only scented mascara I have ever come across, and it is really unnecessary.

Conclusion and advice;
For me and my eyes this was a waste of money. It costs alot of money. If you happen to love this mascara but think it's too much money, L´Oréal has a mascara with a very similar brush, called Lash Architect 4D Mascara. It's much cheaper and works the same on me.

on 5/21/2012 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I wouldn't call myself a fanatic over this mascara, but I definitely like it. I am on my second tube of it and I am satisfied. It has a tapered brush that both fans the outer lashes and gets at the ones in the inner corners. It separates, volumizes and lengthens, but doesn't hold a curl whatsoever (which is why if they make a waterproof version of this, I need to try it!). If Lancome produced this in 'very black' I would be a very happy camper; I am not completely satisfied with the pigmentation of any of the 'black' Lancome mascaras I have tried. While I have repurchased this and would again, it is not my HG, but I believe it is worth a try if you have some extra funds sitting in the bank.

on 5/11/2012 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this mascara. I am blessed with big, thick, curly lashes, & doll eyes really enhanced them, without making me feel ridiculous. I wouldn't recommend to girls who have smaller lashes, I think there are better options, but for me, this is awesome.

It works okay, but is a very dry formula and felt scratchy going on. There are better mascara's out there for the money, and it wasn't that fabulous.

on 5/2/2012 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would not purchase this mascara again. I guess you would say I am picky when it comes to mascara. I prefer volumizing and dry formulas. What gets me with this particular mascara is the wand. I do not like the shape. The formula is ok. It's not super wet and I think I would like the mascara more if it wasn't for the cone shaped wand.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This mascara has been a total and utter disappointment especially for its price. I have regular stick straight not very thick eyelashes. They can look thick and lush (and keep a curl)when I use my HG maybelling falsies wp. Hypnose doll lashes just defines my somewhat skimpy lashes. So they just look like defined skimpy lashes. That is it and that is ALL. The formula immediately uncurls my lashes which all non waterproof formulas always do on me. This mascara is as "fabulous" as maybelline great lash. The brush is a joke too. I have to switch hands in order to try to use it correctly. I shouldnt have to do that. LAME, BORING, DISAPPOINTING EXPENSIVE MASCARA. NEVER AGAIN WILL I WASTE MY MONEY. But if you ALREADY have naturally thick lush curly lashes then by all means give this a shot. (but if I were those lucky ladies I would save my money and go for drugstore brands which outperform this sorry excuse of a mascara any day. )

on 4/26/2012 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love almost everything from Lancôme when it comes to makeup - except for the mascaras. Doll Eyes is no exception:

Pros:
- doesn't clump

Cons:
- No added volume
- No lengthening
- Doesn't hold a curl
- Smudges and flakes

on 4/21/2012 11:08:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Hypnose has been my regular goto high end mascara so when I was in KICKS (Swedish makeup store) last week I thought why not try this one instead. Stupid does what stupid is. This mascara did nothing for my eyes, at least nothing good.

Working with the mascara was tough. First coat left me with just darkened lashes that weren't particularly long or thick. Second coat gave me spider legs. As some other reviewer suggested I leave the mascara be for awhile. The consistency might change for the better. For this pricey item I shouldn't need to go through hoops.

Top Rated Lancome Products