July 31, 2014 | 1940 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Nuraazia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a good mascara but really not the best! It does thicken and lengthen my lashes which are already quite long but I find that it tends to clump if you add a second layer and makes my lashes look a bit spidery.Also the top end of the brush is too big and carries too much of product which just makes a big mess and sometimes pokes me in the eye.I have to wipe the tip on a tissue before applying the mascara which is a waste.A bit of a disappointment after all the hype!!! I prefer Benefit's "Bad gal" mascara anytime over "They're Real". Really not worth the price so I don't think I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Makeupaddictt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I really had higher expectations of what this mascara would of done for my short, thin, droopy eyelashes that are soo stubborn even with a proper eyelash curler. I really liked the mascara wand and the fibres on it, but i think it just held too much product and my eyelashes just felt really heavy. It often smudged and caused me to look like i had eyebags or something. It does curl your lashes, but i am disappointed as it did cause smudging and i am not sure whether i want to repurchase this considering it is $38 AUD.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Allouqua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure if the mini is the same as full size one but if so, it sucked big time.
I couldn't get an even distribution on my straight lashes and the brush hurts???
As for "fake lashes effect" it promised on the box, eh? Bad Gal gives you more thicker/longer lashes than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Iamdebi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well I love this mascara. I used a sample of it before I knew any of the hype, and I was blown away. The length it gives is unreal. This is definitely it's shining achievement. Perhaps if you have very long or very short lashes it wouldn't be as great? I have no idea. For me, it is the holy grail mascara. I've purchased it 4 times now and have never come across a clumpy bottle. As with any mascara, you should remove the excess on the tip and apply at the base of your lashes (wiggling back and forth) before rolling up. The angry one star reviews are kind of funny though. I mean, you certainly don't have to like it, but come on. It's mascara. Mascara shouldn't make you that angry.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by lmbee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is hands down the worst mascara I have ever used. It made my lashes look horrendously clumpy and short, and it very soon smudged EVERYWHERE. Total mess. Apparently some people like it, but I am completely sure there are better options for anyone's 20. I don't usually feel anger towards makeup, but oh how I hate this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by BubblyDiva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After so much hype about this mascara, I definitely had to try it, considering I haven't found one mascara that I would totally be addicted to. Well, I can't say I'm disappointed, it is a good a mascara - it separates well, doesn't clump (especially if you wipe off the excess mascara from the top of the brush), curls. As far as lengthening, it didn't do anything extraordinary for me, my lashes are naturally pretty long and have volume, so They're Real just highlighted that. And I can't say I'm not happy about it, I actually love they way it looks on me - almost natural, nice un-clumpy texture, no spidery lashes, it really does pick up every single small lash of yours, but after all the hype, I expected something amaaazing. It's a great mascara, just doesn't live up to all the ads about it. And I wouldn't recommend it to anyone whose natural lashes lack volume, because this won't give you any Little Pony-type length.
Also, some reviewers say it's hard to take off - not the case for me, took it off really easily with some random drugstore makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Morningview3

This is a total splurge for me, but totally worth it. I have noticed towards the end of the tube, it gets a little clumpy. It really lengthens and plumps perfectly. I do wish they had different shades though.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by sandnigga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a sample of it so I decided to try it out when my other mascara ran out because I still haven't found a new "Holy Grail" mascara after my previous was discontinued. It's okay. I already have naturally long eyelashes and this made my lashes look clumpy and gross, but after the product "dried out" a bit it wasn't AS bad.

I really like the brush but that is as far as it goes. The extra length and volume this mascara offered just looked gross on my eyelashes. It sort of smudged on me but it didn't straight up give me raccoon eyes. I guess this would be preferable with girls that have shorter eyelashes but I personally don't want clumps of mascara constantly hitting my eyelid and browbone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by greenmascara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think the trick is in the application. I love it. Looks natural but lush. And not dull finish. I think the way to apply it is sparingly at first, with quick second coat, before first one dries. My lashes are thin. This mascara makes them look better in a believable way.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by rainonyourparade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Smudges everywhere! It looks spidery and I don't like this!