July 26, 2014 | 918 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by BubblyDiva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After so much hype about this mascara, I definitely had to try it, considering I haven't found one mascara that I would totally be addicted to. Well, I can't say I'm disappointed, it is a good a mascara - it separates well, doesn't clump (especially if you wipe off the excess mascara from the top of the brush), curls. As far as lengthening, it didn't do anything extraordinary for me, my lashes are naturally pretty long and have volume, so They're Real just highlighted that. And I can't say I'm not happy about it, I actually love they way it looks on me - almost natural, nice un-clumpy texture, no spidery lashes, it really does pick up every single small lash of yours, but after all the hype, I expected something amaaazing. It's a great mascara, just doesn't live up to all the ads about it. And I wouldn't recommend it to anyone whose natural lashes lack volume, because this won't give you any Little Pony-type length.
Also, some reviewers say it's hard to take off - not the case for me, took it off really easily with some random drugstore makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Morningview3

This is a total splurge for me, but totally worth it. I have noticed towards the end of the tube, it gets a little clumpy. It really lengthens and plumps perfectly. I do wish they had different shades though.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by sandnigga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a sample of it so I decided to try it out when my other mascara ran out because I still haven't found a new "Holy Grail" mascara after my previous was discontinued. It's okay. I already have naturally long eyelashes and this made my lashes look clumpy and gross, but after the product "dried out" a bit it wasn't AS bad.

I really like the brush but that is as far as it goes. The extra length and volume this mascara offered just looked gross on my eyelashes. It sort of smudged on me but it didn't straight up give me raccoon eyes. I guess this would be preferable with girls that have shorter eyelashes but I personally don't want clumps of mascara constantly hitting my eyelid and browbone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by greenmascara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think the trick is in the application. I love it. Looks natural but lush. And not dull finish. I think the way to apply it is sparingly at first, with quick second coat, before first one dries. My lashes are thin. This mascara makes them look better in a believable way.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by rainonyourparade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Smudges everywhere! It looks spidery and I don't like this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a way overhyped product. It is also pretty much an exact dupe of Maybelline Great Lash, except in the price department, as TR is a lot more expensive. This is heavy, wet, and takes forever to dry (just like MGL does). I did get some length which I liked. However, this stuff s@cks volume wise - I got "Tammy Faye spider lashes". No one is EVER going to think you are wearing falsies when you use this product. Matter of fact they will just think you have crappy cheap mascara on. I almost spit out my wine due to the immense amount of laughter I had going when I saw the before and after pic on the side of this mascara pkg - YEAH RIGHT! Wosh, I am soooo glad I only bought the 10 buck trial size!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by BlondeInTheCity

My HG mascara from the first try! I have long, straight eyelashes and They're Real can hold a curl all day whilst still giving volume. I find the formula builds nicely with two coats for a more dramatic look. I can see why it has been said to be difficult to remove but I have not had any problems when used with Gatineau Floracil. Well done, Benefit.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by katenorman17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Received this for my birthday and hated it the first time I wore it because it clumped so badly and pulled all my lashes down and flaked... So not good I tell you. I took it all off and re applied with only a little more success the next time. It was way too sticky and liquidy; I left it to dry up a bit and this did improve it a lot. I then used this for just casual days- stroking your lashes with mascara and not wiggling and blinking and coating it on for a more dramatic look because it does not work with this mascara. I now use this for everyday looks and if I want a dramatic look I use my TopShop false lashes mascara first and then use this after and that gives a perfect dramatic look. Would purchase again but would be a bit reluctant because it is expensive at £18.99.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Amandazzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara is not at all worth the hype. I was looking to invest in a new mascara, and after watching a billion youtube vids and reading thousands of rave reviews I decided 20$ was fair for a mascara that so many people seemed to love.
I've waited a month to decide whether or not I really didn't like the mascara, and over time, it has only gotten worse.
My lashes are insanely short with a moderate thickness. A plain lengthening mascara looks kind of spidery on me, so I always look for the full package when it comes to mascara.
When I first started using this mascara, it was way too watery and could only coat my lashes. The brush also hurt my upper waterline as I tried to apply mascara to the root of my lashes and didn't transfer product (due to the short, hard bristles) as I normally want my mascaras to do to give a type of eyeliner effect. I let this go considering it was a new tube, gave it a few pumps of air, and tried it again the next week. Now that it dried up a little bit, it was working pretty great. But this only lasted about a week before it got insanely dry. It became completely dried out as if i've had it for years (keep in mind i avoided it drying up anymore). Now when I apply it, it literally just leaves little spider egg looking things in my lashes. Maybe I just got a faulty tube, but I definitely wish I could get my 20$ back and trade it for two drugstore brand tubes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Duchess99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this from Sephora in sample size and have since purchased full size. I LOVE this mascara, along with all the other mascaras that benefit makes. I do not use any other ones! They extend my lashes (especially this one)! All the ladies at my local drug store cosmetics counter rave about it too. It's a bit clumpy, but I always use an eyelash comb right after application. If you are looking for a reliable, 'extend my lashes' mascara, this is it!