July 30, 2014 | 1637 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my number one RT brush... it's brilliant for a 'flushed' blush look, applying bronzer and also applying powder to set your foundation.

The dome shape allows you to use it for a myriad of application purposes and you can vary the technique of applying powder products according to the desired finish.

It's incredibly soft... and it doesn't shed.

Plus it looks really cool.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A great big fluffy brush! I love it for a natural application of blusher as opposed to a contoured look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by frkparadis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love this brush! I use it for bronzer/contouring and blush. When I use it for bronzer and contouring I use the tip of the brush, and when I use it for blush I use the flat side and just sweep it across my cheeks - works perfectly! I've got a blush which before I never seemed to be able to apply lightly and without creating hard edges. With this brush the blush looks so natural and perfectly blended on my cheeks.

This is my absolute favorite brush in my kit and I will definitly buy other Real Techniques brushes. At the moment I have my eye on the Expert Face Brush :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Joyc25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Perfect in every way except it's too big for my cheeks.... if only there's a mini version!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Real Techniques brushes are so good! I use this brush for bronzer and powder and it works beautifully! It doesn't shed at all and the brush is so soft. Oh, I love how the brush is tapered. I hope Sam comes up with more brushes because her brushes are one of my favorite (besides EcoTools & Sonia Kashuk).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by xLilyx

I really thought this would be my perfect blush brush, however, having used it for about a month now, I have found it does not pick up pigment well at all :(. It is great for highly pigmented blushes, but for normal ones the brush just applies no colour to my cheeks. Such a shame because I love everything else about the brush, it is soo soft, great shape, looks pretty, and fits my cheeks well! I may have to use this brush for contour/bronzer.. though I bought the powder brush for that eek!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I like to try all and any intriguing makeup products, brushes included. As far as brushes go I also own high end MAC brushes, Sephora brushes, Bobbi Brown brushes and even Costco brushes. These fall sort of mid range.

First of the Pros:
1.) Attractive dome shape
2.) Soft (probably best for pigmented high end blushes)
3.) Dries quickly after a wash
4.) Doesn't shed
5.) Great price

Cons:-
1.) A little too soft (probably hard to apply less pigmented DS blushes)
2.) Thick handle makes it hard to put it on the a holder.

I'm intrigued enough to try out the other brushes in Sam's Real Techniques line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This brush is soft and fluffy and considering it's synthetic, I find it dries pretty quickly after being washed. That being said, it was too big for me to use as a blush brush and doesn't pick up much product. Fortunately, this makes it an excellent brush to apply a light dusting of powder to set foundation and tone down shine. I personally like the stand-up bottom, but if you store your brushes in a cup, I can see it being a bit cumbersome. Overall, though, a great brush for the price and I'd repurchase it if I lost it. Side note: Since the end tapers in, I suppose you could just use the tip to apply blush. I, however, just love how soft it is, so I have a tendency to squish this brush all over my face, lol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

To my surprise, I really liked this brush. Its so soft, so much more compared to Everyday minerals and eco tools. So fluffy, did a great job on applying my blusher. Its not as big as I thought it was from the reviews I've seen, perfect for blush.

The bristles are rounded to a point, so it makes applying blush a breeze. I really love this brush. Originally i got this brush for all over powder thinking it'll be very big, but its not.

The only thing I don't like is that its made wider at the end so that it can stand on the table. Who stands brushes on tables, it'll just topple over all the time. This is really annoying and takes up alot of space in my mug i use to hold my makeup brushes. I really hate it. Much prefer a black handle like Mac.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by whisper

This is a nice brush, however not so much for its intended purpose. It's really too large for applying blush (in my opinion!) so I use it for loose powder instead. It works well for that, but not any better than my ecotools brush, and the ecotools one costs less. I rather like the design of the handle and the way it stands upright on its own. It sheds several hairs the first few times you wash it; nothing major. Otherwise, no complaints & I'd recommend it to someone who's looking for an affordable powder brush.