November 22, 2014 | 916 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A lovely soft brush that makes applying blush really easy. Own two of these, and they're great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

Update: Almost a year later, still love this brush. I've washed it at least once a month, sometimes every 2 weeks, it's still just as soft as the day I bought it, still maintains its shape, and the white part on the top is still white. It hasn't stained.

I am bad at applying blush. I have ruddy cheeks and never even bought the stuff. Then I started wearing foundation and had to start putting on blush, meaning I went through that awkward clown phase that you're supposed to go through as a teenager. In my twenties. I just could not get the right amount of color on. Usually it would wind up in the wrong places, uneven, blotchy, and a mess. Not even the HE stuff would work. I saw good reviews about various tulip-shaped brushes and the rave reviews on this. What really sold me on it though is how stinking cute it looks! I have a little bunny tail sitting on my vanity.

Anyways, I first tried this brush out with something easy (a sheer coral color) and it went on beautifully. Exactly where I wanted it, even, and perfectly blended. It was miraculous. So I decided to try something a bit harder, a vintage almost neon pink/red color that looks like a cartoon. I lightly put the tip on this brush in. blended onto my cheeks, and miracle of miracles, looked like I'd just come in from the cold! A perfect flush of color. I was amazed that this brush could make such a difference.

I'd been using either cheap angled brushes or my incredibly soft Everyday Minerals Kabuki to do blush and neither made it so idiot-proof (because I'm a blush idiot). This does. It's very soft, and the shape makes it very straightforward to get blush on PERFECTLY. If you ever wear blush (like most of the makeup-wearing population) you should definitely give this a shot. It's a truly unique brush.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 5:32:00 AM More reviews by amoxon

I love Real Techniques brushes, for the price they are amazing and I now own them all.
This blush brush is rather big, but the shape means the application is easy and precise.
It's very soft and is cut so it is perfect shape.
Highly recommend, along with the rest of the brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by MasksOffMasksOn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This beautiful brush is really soft, and I find it great with powders. especially I like to apply mineral blush with it, since it "catches" enough product, and spread it evenly on the cheeks. On the other hand, I do find it too soft for blending, and if I put too much product I'll have to use a different brush to blend. But over all I really love it! Would recommend as an extra blush brush and not as a sole one though.
Oh, and I think the price is good (8.99 in iHerb), totaly worth the money :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by sivanvanit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This beautiful brush is really soft, and I find it great with powders. especially I like to apply mineral blush with it, since it "catches" enough product, and spread it evenly on the cheeks. On the other hand, I do find it too soft for blending, and if I put too much product I'll have to use a different brush for blending. But over all I really love it! Would recommend as an extra blush brush and not as a sole one though.
Oh and I think the price is good, definately worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by lksandrock

At first glance, I thought, "Wow, this is a BIG brush!" I was pleasantly surprised to find that this brush is absolutely perfect for getting a natural-looking wash of color.

Most of the time, I like my makeup to look very natural. This brush is wonderful for helping me achieve that look. I find the bristles to be just as soft as my natural bristle brushes and I love the two-toned look of the bristles. My favorite blush is Orgasm by Nars, and this brush applies it beautifully. It does not pick up too much product (resulting in a waste), but it does not pick up too little (meaning I have to reapply again and again).

I love all of the brushes in the Real Techniques line, and I would recommend any of them to anyone looking for a wonderful set of brushes without having to break the bank.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Perkypolisher

I really love how soft this brush is, and the pink handle is so pretty. It cost me $10 at Ulta. I have tried it multiple times in different ways because I couldn't figure out if the brush wasn't the best or if it was user error... Needless to say, this brush does not work well for blush. I have tried multiple brands and the brush just doesn't pick up the color at all. I feel like it takes an eternity to get any color payoff, and meanwhile I'm wasting product. I'll try it as a powder or bronzing brush soon and come back to update. Overall, pretty crappy for blush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

This is an alright brush but I could not get it to work for blush application. It is too big for this. And, It just went on WAY too dark and it would not blend out the blush no matter how hard I tried. I can see it working well for highlighter, powder foundation, or setting powder, though. It is very soft and holds its shape well. These are good quality brushes for a low price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by TiTiTam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this brush! The shape of this brush is very unique, at least to me. I use this brush simply for applying blush since I don't use highlight and bronzer for daily basis. This brush applied blush like heaven! First, it is very soft, but not dense. That way, you can blend your blush nicely. I don't like having a lot of blush on my face, so I only use a little bit of blush and then I will blend the color with the brush! AMAZING! Love it! I think it is a must have brush for blushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by mlynde82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

First, let me preface this review by saying, I LOVE these brushes!! They are cruelty-free and of fantastic quality. The bristles are phenomenally soft and really hold pigment for application. They are great. I have many different brushes from a variety of price points (MAC, EcoTools, Sonia Kashuk, etc) and these are truly my favorite. I just really don't think you can go wrong with most of them.

This brush in particular is one of my most-used. It applies blush evenly and beautifully, and I use it for setting powder and highlight powder as well. It is easily cleaned and I haven't noticed ANY fallout of the bristles (which has happened even with my expensive brushes). I think these are a wonderful value for the price and really top notch for makeup application, no matter if you're a novice or a professional.