December 22, 2014 | 1672 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by ilorietta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is a too big for blush but i quite like it for powder. Nice quality, soft, no shedding.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by sizza911

In general, I really like the Real Techniques brushes. They are a great quality, really full and plush. IMO this brush is just a little too large to use if you want to get just under the cheekbones for contour. I have to use a smaller angled blush brush (My el-cheapo from ELF works great for this) if I am trying to contour. This brush is great however if you are trying to get a nice subtle wash of color over the cheekbones and onto the apples of the cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Real Techniques brushes are designed by the UK makeup artist and youtube guru Samantha Chapman/Pixiwoo. The brushes are also made by the same company that produced Ecco Tools which are also known for good quality compared to the prize, but these brushes, seeing as they are made in cooperation with a makeup artist, are slightly more professionally made with a more spunky and fun design.

So the convenient thing about these brushes are that they are all categorized into the different purposes according to the color on the ferule. The eye brushes are purple, the face brushes for base products are gold/orange, and the finishing brushes are pink... which makes no sense, seeing as the stippling brush is pink. But who cares about that - because these brushes are simply amazing, especially when you take in consideration how inexpensive they are. They blow Sigma and many other professional brushes to a certain place, and they still cost like 1/3 of what you normally have to pay for that kind of quality.

But to the blush brush: The first thing I thought when I saw pictures of it online was "Wow - that is huge!" and I was kind of afraid I would end up with another Ecco tools bronzing brush moment, which is not designed for bronzing whatsoever. But when I got it in the mail i was so pleased. The size was perfect! And the brush was soft like a kittens paw and the shape was so innovating and cool. You basically just brush the pigment along the very end of the brush, and then you just buff it into the skin. It doesn't pick up much pigment, but that's alright, seeing as I wanted a brush with just that purpose. I guess you can use a harder hand if you have dark skin or want more out of your blush/bronzer etc. I have only used it for my Dior rosy glow blush, which gave me a beautiful result, but I can imagine it will work wonders with my chocolate soleil bronzing powder, which is super pigmented. Maybe I can finally apply this with a fast and careless hand in the morning with this brush?

I washed it once too, and it didn't bleed or lose it's shape. Simply wonderful. The only complaint is the slightly large handle, but I guess it's because it's meant to stand on it's own on the vanity etc. Kinda cool, but unnecessary in my opinion. Makes it more difficult to place in a travel case or something like that. But that's a minor complaint, and the quality of the overall product overshadows that little detail. I would definitely buy it again if I lost it or my cat chewed on it or something. You have to have this brush! Because the softness and the shape of it is like nothing you'll ever own.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by 4ngel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My favourite brush hands down. I have always struggled to apply my blush, and using this brush I can use blush to contour my face. The pointed tip gives great precision, but is still fluffy when you apply pressure to buff out the powder.

Don't even hesitate. I have owned several blush brushes in the past but nothing comes on top of this. LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by lhuynh10

I didn't believe the hype, but this brand is worth the talk. The bristles stay soft after many washes and it gives your makeup the perfect light finish. I compared this with the Yachiyo brush and it's a good dupe. I use this mostly with contouring and bronzer, then with bright blushes. It doesn't pack the colors and you can keep building.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A lovely soft brush that makes applying blush really easy. Own two of these, and they're great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

Update: Almost a year later, still love this brush. I've washed it at least once a month, sometimes every 2 weeks, it's still just as soft as the day I bought it, still maintains its shape, and the white part on the top is still white. It hasn't stained.

I am bad at applying blush. I have ruddy cheeks and never even bought the stuff. Then I started wearing foundation and had to start putting on blush, meaning I went through that awkward clown phase that you're supposed to go through as a teenager. In my twenties. I just could not get the right amount of color on. Usually it would wind up in the wrong places, uneven, blotchy, and a mess. Not even the HE stuff would work. I saw good reviews about various tulip-shaped brushes and the rave reviews on this. What really sold me on it though is how stinking cute it looks! I have a little bunny tail sitting on my vanity.

Anyways, I first tried this brush out with something easy (a sheer coral color) and it went on beautifully. Exactly where I wanted it, even, and perfectly blended. It was miraculous. So I decided to try something a bit harder, a vintage almost neon pink/red color that looks like a cartoon. I lightly put the tip on this brush in. blended onto my cheeks, and miracle of miracles, looked like I'd just come in from the cold! A perfect flush of color. I was amazed that this brush could make such a difference.

I'd been using either cheap angled brushes or my incredibly soft Everyday Minerals Kabuki to do blush and neither made it so idiot-proof (because I'm a blush idiot). This does. It's very soft, and the shape makes it very straightforward to get blush on PERFECTLY. If you ever wear blush (like most of the makeup-wearing population) you should definitely give this a shot. It's a truly unique brush.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 5:32:00 AM More reviews by amoxon

I love Real Techniques brushes, for the price they are amazing and I now own them all.
This blush brush is rather big, but the shape means the application is easy and precise.
It's very soft and is cut so it is perfect shape.
Highly recommend, along with the rest of the brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by MasksOffMasksOn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This beautiful brush is really soft, and I find it great with powders. especially I like to apply mineral blush with it, since it "catches" enough product, and spread it evenly on the cheeks. On the other hand, I do find it too soft for blending, and if I put too much product I'll have to use a different brush to blend. But over all I really love it! Would recommend as an extra blush brush and not as a sole one though.
Oh, and I think the price is good (8.99 in iHerb), totaly worth the money :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by sivanvanit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This beautiful brush is really soft, and I find it great with powders. especially I like to apply mineral blush with it, since it "catches" enough product, and spread it evenly on the cheeks. On the other hand, I do find it too soft for blending, and if I put too much product I'll have to use a different brush for blending. But over all I really love it! Would recommend as an extra blush brush and not as a sole one though.
Oh and I think the price is good, definately worth the money.