April 21, 2014 | 1856 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by whisper

This is a nice brush, however not so much for its intended purpose. It's really too large for applying blush (in my opinion!) so I use it for loose powder instead. It works well for that, but not any better than my ecotools brush, and the ecotools one costs less. I rather like the design of the handle and the way it stands upright on its own. It sheds several hairs the first few times you wash it; nothing major. Otherwise, no complaints & I'd recommend it to someone who's looking for an affordable powder brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by AyeJae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love watching Sam&Nic on YouTube, super knowledgeable ladies so go give them a watch. Go to YouTube and search for Pixiwoo. Love Sam's knowledge& love Nic's quirks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great blush brush. I have been pretty loyal to MAC brushes for years, but I am loving the RT brushes right now. I bought the stippling brush, powder brush, and blush brush. I have been using all 3 daily since I got them, even over my MAC brushes. The best part is they are super affordable, like $10 each. The blush brush is really big compared to most blush brushes, but once I got used to it, I loved it. It gives a natural diffused flush. I haven't had any shedding issues at all with it. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by thefallofnadia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

What a great brush! Doesn't shed, great for light blush application super soft and synthetic hair which is good:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this brush! Super soft (like all the RT brushes) and has not shed a single hair. I really like the shape for applying blush. I am fair, and its perfect for just applying a little product and building it up if you like. Amazing brush for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by HolDol

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

No shedding at all! I find this is a perfect shape for my cheeks,it carries the product well and i can use this brush for bronzing. Supper soft and nicely packaged. I payed 10 for this brush not dirt cheap and not expensive. I've recommended this to my sister and my friend. Nice job on the brushes Sam!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2012 4:31:00 AM More reviews by lilac819

Update: I've found this works best as a bronzer.

The shape of the domed blush looked smaller when it was in the package, but when I took it out to use it, it got more fluffier, thus, less easy to apply blush to certain areas of my cheeks. As all the other reviews has stated, this brush is very high quality, nicely packaged, and SOOOO CUTE!!! But is it worth it to sacrifice looks over functionality? Well that's up to you. I didn't plan on getting this, but i needed to spend another 6 bucks at ulta to use the $3.50 off coupon. So I chose this as a filler. I'm not going to return it, because i'm going to choose looks over functionality for this one and plus it was cheap and i used a coupon. But based on functionality, it deserves only 2 lippies. I end up having two huge blobs of blush on my face. It would have been better if the brush was smaller for applying blush, but I wished it was bigger to apply powder. So far I havent found something to use it for, so it's just standing upright looking pretty on my vanity. Also, the bulky bottom is not practical since all of my brushes are stuck in a glass jar filled with rice.

I recommend buying the ecotools blush brush. That one applies blush wonderfully and places the blush where you want it to be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush would have been a great brush if it was smaller. I do like how it comes to a domed point. The bristles are very soft and fluffy and because of that it does not pick up as much blush as some of my other brushes.

I tend to use this brush with pigmented blushes since it does not pick up as much pigment. It gives a lovely finish to the skin.

I'm not a fan of the fat rubber handle. It does not travel well or fit into my brush holder on my vanity.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by xBubbleBathx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush is a dream. It's cute and pink, stands on its own, is super soft, doesn't shed, is perfectly shaped for applying blush to the apples of your cheeks, and it's price is soo cheap. Seriously cannot find one fault and it could have a higher end brand name stamped onto it for sure. It seems to just airbrush my blush right onto my cheeks, I never have any harsh lines or get an uneven look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by denns

This is such a great brush for the price. After 15+ washes it has retained its original shape and looks exactly how it did when I bought it. Like another reviewer said, this brush (along with all of the other Real Techniques brushes I have) have not shed one hair throughout continuous use and washing. This brush is great for picking up color and diffusing it on to the cheekbones - it blends without you having to do any of the work!