October 26, 2014 | 1091 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Perkypolisher

I really love how soft this brush is, and the pink handle is so pretty. It cost me $10 at Ulta. I have tried it multiple times in different ways because I couldn't figure out if the brush wasn't the best or if it was user error... Needless to say, this brush does not work well for blush. I have tried multiple brands and the brush just doesn't pick up the color at all. I feel like it takes an eternity to get any color payoff, and meanwhile I'm wasting product. I'll try it as a powder or bronzing brush soon and come back to update. Overall, pretty crappy for blush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

This is an alright brush but I could not get it to work for blush application. It is too big for this. And, It just went on WAY too dark and it would not blend out the blush no matter how hard I tried. I can see it working well for highlighter, powder foundation, or setting powder, though. It is very soft and holds its shape well. These are good quality brushes for a low price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by TiTiTam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this brush! The shape of this brush is very unique, at least to me. I use this brush simply for applying blush since I don't use highlight and bronzer for daily basis. This brush applied blush like heaven! First, it is very soft, but not dense. That way, you can blend your blush nicely. I don't like having a lot of blush on my face, so I only use a little bit of blush and then I will blend the color with the brush! AMAZING! Love it! I think it is a must have brush for blushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by mlynde82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

First, let me preface this review by saying, I LOVE these brushes!! They are cruelty-free and of fantastic quality. The bristles are phenomenally soft and really hold pigment for application. They are great. I have many different brushes from a variety of price points (MAC, EcoTools, Sonia Kashuk, etc) and these are truly my favorite. I just really don't think you can go wrong with most of them.

This brush in particular is one of my most-used. It applies blush evenly and beautifully, and I use it for setting powder and highlight powder as well. It is easily cleaned and I haven't noticed ANY fallout of the bristles (which has happened even with my expensive brushes). I think these are a wonderful value for the price and really top notch for makeup application, no matter if you're a novice or a professional.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Yrie

PROS:
- The bristles are super soft and the brush blends everything nicely. It could also be used as an all-over powder brush.
- It stands up on its end, which is practical, and I like the pink handle and the general design.

CONS:
- This brush is just too big for my face. I can make it work, but I have to be really careful where I pick up product, where I place the brush and how I move it around. It's definitely not made for a quick and easy application. This is a particular problem for me, because I use very highly pigmented blushes which I don't want to end up all over my face.

VERDICT:
The size really is a pity, because it is a very nice brush that does what it's supposed to. But the size just ruins it for me. Therefore, I would not repurchase, unless they came out with a small version of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use to use a duo fiber brush for bronzing my cheeks or putting on blush then I noticed that the bristles over time caused redness and irritation break outs along my contour and jaw line. One day I needed to put on bronzer but all my brushes were dirty so I just grabbed this on a whim and I haven't stopped using it since then. This gives a natural look and easy application for my all over bronzer. The bristles are so soft that all the redness and irritation have all gone away. This is too big to contour with but I bronze all over every single day and still no shedding experienced ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my number one RT brush... it's brilliant for a 'flushed' blush look, applying bronzer and also applying powder to set your foundation.

The dome shape allows you to use it for a myriad of application purposes and you can vary the technique of applying powder products according to the desired finish.

It's incredibly soft... and it doesn't shed.

Plus it looks really cool.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A great big fluffy brush! I love it for a natural application of blusher as opposed to a contoured look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by frkparadis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love this brush! I use it for bronzer/contouring and blush. When I use it for bronzer and contouring I use the tip of the brush, and when I use it for blush I use the flat side and just sweep it across my cheeks - works perfectly! I've got a blush which before I never seemed to be able to apply lightly and without creating hard edges. With this brush the blush looks so natural and perfectly blended on my cheeks.

This is my absolute favorite brush in my kit and I will definitly buy other Real Techniques brushes. At the moment I have my eye on the Expert Face Brush :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Joyc25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Perfect in every way except it's too big for my cheeks.... if only there's a mini version!