September 2, 2014 | 1680 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by makeupgrl2008

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG mascara for now. This does not (emphasis on does NOT) give you big dramatic lashes - which is not the look I go for for everyday. For me, this mascara gives nicely defined with volume lashes - basically natural lashes with an "oomph"
I LOVE this for everyday and it holds a curl amazingly!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by renaissancegirl

I was seriously hating on this mascara when I first got it. It was so thin and my lashes hardly looked like I had anything on at all. So I set it aside and forgot all about it. I tried it again a month later and the formula seems to have thickened because now it's not bad at all. It's great at volumizing and decent at lengthening and holds a curl nicely. If you are doing two or more coats though, it does tend to get clumpy and needs to be combed out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by tm1999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara because it defines my lashes and holds a curl. It is waterproof and it lasts until i remove it. I will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

I have repurchased the waterproof version of this several times. I do use other mascaras, but this is definitely one that works well for me. I really like the brush style, it's a bit flimsy, but i like how it separates my lashes, no clumping or tarantula leg look. I can see how some people would want more volume or length from a mascara, I've definitely seen others deliver more of each. But I think this is perfect for daily use as it's not too much. It's subtle, it gives my upper and lower lashes enough visibility to make me feel pretty w/out looking made up. Perfect for the normal workday type situation.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this on sale for five dollars at ULTA so it was a good deal but I'm not loving it. The good thing is that it's a pretty buildable mascara, holds a curl and does stay on although I haven't actually had an opportunity to test if it's waterproof, it's also no impossible to take off like some waterproof mascaras. The down side is that it dosn't do much for lashes either length or volume wise, and that's the most important part. I also don't like how the brush dosn't hold a lot of produvt.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Abbynoname1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really liked the wand of this mascara and it did get every lash. Also it was easy to remove and lasted a very long time. It doesn't flake or run , so its awesome for everyday and late nights. I also loved how the packaging was bright so it was easy to find in my purse and makeup drawer. I also loved how the bristles were red on the wand. I loved how it didn't clump up on the packaging or the wand unlike other mascaras I have used in the past. I would totally buy this mascara again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

Volum Express One by One = a good basic mascara that doesn't clump, has good staying power, but doesn't' give much more than a slight coat of color (as in little volume, little length) = good if you want a very natural look, which I don't. However, due to ease of application (I love the brush and the no-clumping), I tend to use this on my less-than-normal-makeup-weekends. I probably won't repurchase tho.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like this mascara, it's waterproof and I had several compliments to say how my lashes looked longer and thicker and asking what mascara I used, which is a first. Normally I find I have to use two mascara's together in order to get the ideal look that I want, but this one does the job unaided and looks really good. It's not amazing like some other mascara's I've had like big fatty from Urban Decay, but its worth a look for a drugstore mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

So far I am satisfied with this mascara and that's a first for me with a waterproof. I've tried every d/s brand of waterproof and was only partially satisfied with CG Lash Blast and Maybelline's Full & Soft. I liked Full & Soft but it ended up smearing & getting clumpy.

Now, I buy waterproof for only one purpose. I buy it because I want something waterproof. I don't want it to smear, smudge, or come off. I really don't care about the lengthening or volumizing, I just want something that won't budge when my eyes run, which they do frequently because of allergies.

I have to say that this mascara meets those expectations. I am truly satisfied with the way it defines my lashes and does not budge. Generally, I only use wp mascara on my lower lashes because of my watery eyes. This holds up really well. The couple of times I've used it on my upper lashes, I've been satisfied as well. I loved the non-waterproof version but it flaked on me, this one doesn't. I really love the individual, defined lashes that this gives you. And a nice cheap price so double score! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by stikfigyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first volumizing mascara I've tried that doesn't clump. Smudging doesn't seem to be an issue. Does cause a bit of stinging if it gets in my eyes when I remove it.