September 1, 2014 | 1996 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Naturals Fresh Cleanser + Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I never buy the same face wash twice because I am never totally satisfied..well, I tried a sample of Peter Thomas Roth anti ageing cleanser and FELL IN LOVE but it's too expensive. I've been using this for about 2 weeks now and I like it. I rather like the smell though I can't describe it. I will purchase it again since it doesn't dry out my skin and it's not so creamy that I feel like I am washing my face with lotion. I use it with my clarisonic.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by pumibel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far I am really liking this face wash. I have been a Neutrogena fan for many years, and I have always been pleased with their cleansers. I had run out of my sensitive skin face wash and was using a Cetaphil bar standby until I got another liquid face wash. I gave this a shot because it is SLS free, and I have been very happy using SLS free shampoo.

The cleanser removes all of my makeup and it does not leave my skin tight and dry. It does clean up the oil, though. I use it in the morning as a regular cleanser, too. So far I have no skin problems from it. It has a mild apple scent- not strong at all, and I don't smell it after I rinse.

Bottom line- it does what it says it will do, and it is not rough on the skin.

A couple of people have reviewed it badly because they got breakouts, but that is an issue between the individual's skin and ingredients in the bottle. You can break out from anything, and that substance may be fine for other people. It is pointless to write a review based on that. It is not the product's "fault". Everyone's skin is different.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by moshoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is so weird...but then again I've had not so great results from most Neutrogena skincare products..
I started using this cleanser about 3 weeks ago, and at first it seemed great. It seemed like it was keeping my skin clear..But for the past 4 days now, my face has been breaking out like crazy...pimples ALL OVER!! I can only attribute it to this product because I haven't changed anything else. Why are their skincare products so awful??!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 8:42:00 AM More reviews by brookeuh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried both this and the other new Naturals cleanser - both are good, gentle, and work well to remove regular makeup. I prefer this one, particularly in the winter, as it provides a more cushiony cleansing experience and skin does not feel tight after cleansing (where with the other cleanser I could feel some tightness). Scent is perceptible but thankfully low. Packaging is fairly minimal for drugstore and the pump is tricky to start but functions well afterward.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by peachiez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is NOT for people with SENSITIVE SKIN!!! I felt a burning sensation while washing my face with this cleanser. It also irritated my skin leaving it red after drying. I give it 1 lippie for smelling great. Smells like candy apple. But I am definitely going back to my previous cleanser which is the one-step GENTLE cleanser. Ouch!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by hairgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this because it works on sensitive skin and saves me money to splurge on makeup! I don't get any breakouts or irritation with this product. I use it once a day at night. Cleans off light layers of makeup very well. I use a more gentle cleanser in the morning called Cerave since I don't need to clean off makeup then (obvoiusly).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by htibbetts

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was an impulse buy, but compared to the last two makeup remover/cleansers I've purchased, I'm really liking this. Doesn't dry out my skin, and best of all, it's awesome at removing my eye makeup. Neutrogena's fresh foaming cleanser and Yes to Carrots Eye C You products still left traces of eyeliner and mascara behind, which resulted in little black smears on my towels. Not the case with this one. I'll keep buying unless I stumble across something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by lv2shop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I gave this a five because it removes my makeup and my skin feels soft and the fragrance is minimal. The texture feels like a hand cleanser that you would place on the bathroom sink- very thick but silky. I gave the packaging a four because I had to google how to open it-yep I said it. It is a bit pricey for the amount that you get. It did make my eyes sting a bit which I no longer go near them with this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i was interested by this product since it's natural and has some really good ingredients. i'm low on my shu uemura cleansing oil and since i can no longer get it in the states i want to preserve it for as long as possible so i bought this cleanser to use to remove makeup before i use my regular cleanser. first off i really like the pump dispenser and the size. the look of the bottle is also nice and i'm such a sucker for packaging. the first thing i really notice is the smell. it was very fruity and smelt of artificial fragrance. not sure if it was but i don't particularly like it. the cleanser performed ok. it wasn't as well as i had hoped. it removed my foundation though i had raccoon eyes from my mascara and eyeliner. i do love the fact that there is no sls in this and i found it didn't dry my face out at all but i'm really not in love. this doesn't replace the efficiency of my oil cleanser and my face didn't feel as clean. as much as i love the packaging i just wasn't impressed enough to recommend to a friend or repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by voodoochilde

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My experience with this face wash was not at all pleasant. First, though, the good things: It has a pump, which is nice and convenient. Secondly, it does remove makeup and did not sting my eyes. Lastly, it is inexpensive.

That is where the positives end. A few days after using this product, I noticed that I had acquired some acne. The next day I used it, I broke out in a horrible, itchy rash. That was enough to make me toss it in the trash. A day or two after I went back to my previous cleanser, the rash cleared up. I don't know how long it will take for the acne to go away. Of course, your experience may be different than mine, but that itchy rash that kept me from wearing makeup and made strangers stare was definitely not worth it.