Cover Girl Lip Perfection

4.1

Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Isopropyl Isostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Acetylated Lanolin, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Paraffin, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetyl Lactate, Fragrance, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea), Silk Powder, Maltodextrin, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado), Propylparaben, Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Mica, May Contain ( /-): Orange 5, Iron Oxides, Lauroyl Lysine, Titanium Dioxide, Red 27, Blue 1 Lake, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985), Carmine

on 2/12/2011 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I'd recently picked up Spellbound, Flame and Smoulder at Wally World. Spellbound is a bright creamy fuchsia with no glitter or shimmer. Flame is a pink coral and Smoulder is a pink beige nude. Let's see, I would say these lipsticks are extremely pigmented, so much so that they leave a stain on your lips. Imo, they're not very moisturizing but they go on the lips very well. I would say they feel almost like a lip balm.There's no feel of heaviness on the lips,however; there's the funky lipstick smell. In hindsight, I think the lipsticks are a really good value. I think some of the bolder colors (Spellbound, Flame, Hot Passion) are the standouts in the lipstick collection.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

When I saw these at the store, I had a really hard time picking out just a couple colors, but there are so many gorgeous shades, that I ended up with four. Whoops. I got Flame, Fairytale, Tempt, and See Red (from the Queen Collection). Well, I hate to say it, but I'm not totally sure about these lipsticks. So far I've worn Flame (a bright coral) and Tempt (a dark fuchsia), and while they both apply like a dream - very pigmented and creamy - there are a couple of things I don't like. The first is how badly they stain the lips. This can be looked at as good or bad - you won't need to reapply often, but when it's time to take this stuff off, I want it to come off! I don't want to have to scrub my lips into oblivion. Second, and most importantly, is the smell. They're not super fragranced like Revlon's Moon Drops, but to me they just smell foul. I can't even describe it, but it's pretty gross, and I'm not sure if I can stand it. Revlon Super Lustrous is still my favorite - creamy, pigmented, tons of shades, good price, and NO scent whatsoever.

Edit: I had to return the lipsticks. The smell was just too much.

on 2/10/2011 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

HG status - My absolute favorite new line of lipsticks. Color payoff was really great - I was amazed at how pigmented it was when I first swiped it on my lips. Feels very creamy and smooth; it lasts a long time, and when it wears away, it leaves a really lovely stain on your lips. I love how sleek the packaging is - I'm very impressed that it's not your usual black casing yet still isn't embarrassing to pull out your purse. I definitely didn't expect this from a Cover Girl lipstick.

I have four colors (I chose loud colors - Hot, Spellbound, Flame, and Divine) and am already planning to buy some of the more subdued colors for everyday wear. Amazing lipstick, especially for the price.

on 2/8/2011 6:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased 4 of these lipsticks but have only tried 2.. entwined and spellbound. I bought entwined because I saw that Sofia Vergara used this color and it was beautiful. I love it. It is a dark berry color. I'm not nearly as tan as her, but have dark hair and eyes, so this works for me. Spellbound is a hot pink color. I also love this. The only problem I see is that these stain your lips. Which can be good or bad. Spellbound is the worse. I tried this on and could not get it off. Not with 3 makeup wipes. Not with scrubbing. I was stuck with bright pink lips the rest of the day. So make sure you want to wear that color because you are stuck with it.

on 2/6/2011 7:15:00 PM

I got this in soulmate and impassioned. Soulmate is a nice hot pink, I suppose which has perfect shimmer and a tiny touch of peach and berry tones. Uhh, yeah it makes no sense. Its pink. A bit brighter and less purplish than the color on the container. But not super bright for a hot pink. Oddly enough, I love this color after its worn away. It leaves a nice stain. Mlbb. The impassioned color appealed to me but was brighter than expected. Bright, coppery orange and more coral pink than expected. I like this worn away better, too but its still too bright for me. This surpasses the other "high pigment" ds lippies I think. I LOVE that it leaves a stain. better than the so called stains out there! I will buy more colors for sure. Price is nice, too. EDIT. Impassion is growing on me, less pink than I thought. I have flame now and love it bit its a bright orange red pink with the potential of clown look with the wrong coloring. My fave is temptress. A bright pink, close to my natural lip in color but punched way up in brightness. I love these but with the great color selection I must stay away or ill buy them all!

on 2/4/2011 11:34:00 AM

I purchased this yesterday with a $2 coupon. I really didnt know much about it going in. I bought the color Drew Barrymore was wearing: Hot Passion. I knew it was going to be brighter than it appeared on her but I kinda like it. Its not for everyday use but still kinda fun. I thought when I bought it, "well if its too bright, you can always blot it off" to tone it down...well not really because there is A LOT of pigment in these lipsticks. I really like them and wil go back to get more and get rid of some of my other lipsticks that don't stay put. This isn't moisturizing that I really can tell. Matte. But the color stays on forever and it doesn't wear off in the center of your lips that some do. (you know..the clown look when the inside of your lips have no lipstick left?) I was pleasantly suprised at the wear of these lipsticks and the color selection is awsome. I stood there forever trying to decide...I could have bought ten different colors! I would definitely say try this. Its not a thick gloppy lipstick. I didnt realize this was a long wearing lipstick when I got it and have tried others and have to say for "staying power", this one is at the top. It glides on smooth with one coat. Try it. You won't be disappointed.

3-2-011: edit: I AM STILL LOVING THESE LIPSTICKS...the colors are fabulous and have thrown away most of my other lipsticks to replace with the covergirl lipsticks...the colors are fabulous and look so pretty in the sun....I have purchased 5 different colors so far and have loved every one I have purchased. They all have great staying power and not thick and glopy. No gross scent like Loreal and Revlon.

on 2/1/2011 10:53:00 PM

UPDATE: Ok, I was wrong. This is NOT like Bois des Isles. Much, much pinker. Still, it's a very nice deep pink. Not too blue. More on the warm side. Very wearable.

I had a coupon that knocked $2 off the original price, so I only paid $5 for this. I got it in Rich and I love it. Very easy to put on (glides on effortlessly). Although this shade is cooler, more on the pink side, Rich can very well pass for Chanel's Bois des Isles dupe. Not identical. As I said, this one is more on the pink side, while Chanel is more on the warm, brown side. Still, Rich is the same interesting combination of pink, red, brown. I will certainly wear this every day, and save my painfully expensive Bois des Isles for special occasions.

A tip for those who don't want to get the "stain": don't wear these l/s on dry lips. Wear it over a thin layer of lip balm.

on 2/1/2011 5:31:00 PM

I bought this in Feline. It is a pretty pink but too frosty for me at 38!! It feels good on my lips but it bled into the very fine lines on the top center of my lips. I am giving this to my 11yo!

on 1/29/2011 11:35:00 PM

First I got this in Verve and then went back and got this in Divine, and I am already planning on going back and getting more. These lipsticks are awesome, they are super moisturizing and last an impressively long while for a drugstore lipstick. Verve is a frosty Barbie doll pink that looks great with bronzer on my cheeks, and like another reviewer said it gives my face such a nice glow. I put Verve on right after I bought it and went to work and got a complement almost immediately. I think the best confirmation that a product was worth buying is when you get complemented on it.
Moving on to Divine, this wasn't what I expected but I still LOVED it. I was expecting the color that was on the tube, a fuchsia violet purple. When I put it on though it was a bright berry pink with a tinge of purple. Not disappointed at all though! This gives my lips the effect that I get when wearing those color-changing lip products that adjust to give you a custom shade of pink. I put this on, ate dinner, took a nap, and my lips were still stained a beautiful natural-looking berry pink. LOOOOOVE these lipsticks, am going to buy so many more.

on 1/29/2011 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Just got this at Walmart around 5.00 what a deal! This is a wonderful pigmented lipstick I got smoky a beautiful brown. They say one sweep and its true the color is amazing. Very moisturizing yet stays on not too greasy. I thought I found my favorite in Maybelline sensational but this is my new replacement . Even the packaging is pretty and I cant wait to try the pinks. Just love this !

Popular Lipsticks