April 18, 2014 | 944 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2011 6:25:00 AM More reviews by BubblyWater

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had high hopes for this lipstick.

I got it in Darling which appeared to be a milky beautiful pinky-nude in the package, but turns bright bubble-gum garish pink after a couple hours. And it stains the lips brighter pink. It actually reminds me of the old color-changing lipsticks CG used to make.

The texture seems nice. I did notice some bleeding around the lip line (I don't have lip wrinkles, so that struck me as odd). And it does have that "off" scent of castor oil that all CG lipsticks seem to have. But overall it's not bad.

I plan to exchange this for a different color.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by obzessd

I really like this new line of lipsticks from Cover Girl. The packaging is elegant and does not look like drugstore, and it feels light, moist, and comfortable on my lips. Very good pigmentation too. I got Delish, which is a very flattering lighter nude, with underlying tones of yellow (rather than gray or pink); and Romance, a subtle mauvish blush that's very versatile and work appropriate. I'm very happy with these, and I plan on buying more.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by funnyvalentine21

Beautiful product! Doesn't dry out your lips, beautiful matte finish, I got Fervor... perfect shade on a brunette with fair skin and hazel eyes...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by zee81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it, I bought this in Verve, it is the closest dupe to MAC's long gone Florabundi. It is a gorgeous feeling lipstick with excellent pay off, I definitely say try it, the colors are impressive and the price is fair as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Fervor. It's sort of a toned down reddish color...almost the same color as my MAC Hot Tahiti lipstick, but with more of a creme finish, rather than the glaze finish of the MAC. I don't have any complaints about this lipstick. It has a very nice light texture...I agree that it feels like a gel lipstick. It lasts nicely and leaves a stain behind, which is a quality that I really like. It doesn't dry out my lips, but also doesn't exactly moisturize them. I won't be able to test the claim about improving the texture of your lips with seven days of repeated use, because then I'd have to ignore the rest of my lip cosmetic collection, and that just doesn't happen. There is no fragrance that I notice with this lipstick. I got this for about $5 at Bed Bath and Beyond, and would purchase another if I saw another color that appealed to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by sweetsmell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

These are a fantastic new drugstore lipstick. I nearly passed them by due to the (IMO) kind of horrid, 80s-drag-esque print ad, but when the drugstore had a BOGO I had to try them. (I am a lipstick junkie, after all.) I bought Enchantress (bright bright hot pink) and Temptation (bright orange/gold). I was pleasantly surprised by the large range of colors offered - normally you don't see shades like this in drugstores. The lipsticks themselves glide on like a dream and wear like iron; comfortable iron, that is. I actually had the pink shade on last night even after I washed my face for the evening - that's how comfortable it was. They do stain the lips, so if you don't like that, consider yourself warned. (I like it, since I have no color to my lips.) They have a faint scent reminiscent of the Maybelline Color Sensationals, but not as strong. I can't believe how much I like these! Look for a BOGO deal and pick a tube or two up. They have shades for everyone!

P.S., I also noticed that they have a "Queen Collection" for women of color which have the *same* lipstick formula. They aren't called Lip Perfection, but you can tell by the packaging and buzz words that it's the same product just in different shades.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product in "Siren." It's a lovely slightly cool-toned pink with some--but not too much--shimmer. What really impressed me about this was the fact it didn't dry out my lips, and the wear was very, very good. I'll repurchase and try a few more shades, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by PartBell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought this in "Rush". The lipstick itself is great- goes on super smooth and very effortlessly. One swipe was enough for me to see full color. Feels light and wears all day, even through lunch. This color is kind of a strange one- pinkish, mauveish bronze perhaps? Reminds me of Amaretto by Laura Mercier. It has almost an iridescence to it which kind of freaks me out but still it's not terribly unflattering. I have already bought 3 of these new lipsticks and would definately add more to my collection. I like how they wear- better than Maybelline's Color Sensation or the new Revlons.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SELECTED SHADES:

fairytale (bright red coral)
darling (medium pink)
heavenly (medium coral pink
temptress (watermelon pink)
enchantress (barbie pink w/ shimmer)

PROS

- long wearing
- pigmented
- shade selection

CONS

- bad scent/taste
- drying
- stains the lips (badly)

COMMENTS: Very long wearing lipsticks with a very strong staining effect. Do not keep rubbing your lips to remove these as it will only worsen the stain. Remove with oil based cleanser and apply Aquaphor overnight. My lips have always returned to normal pigmentation after. Still, the way these things stain...is overwhelming. It completely changes the color throughout the day, not to mention the taste/smell of these is just very unpleasant.

Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by xALRx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, so this review is for the color "Smitten 310". I like the texture to this as opposed to their old lipsticks. The packaging is DEF. sleeker looking. I picked this up on whim as Walgreens was having a BOGOHO and figured "Sure why not?" I'm pretty pleased with the saturation of the color. It's a nice pink-plum and would do just find with just a touch of eyeliner and mascara. It's a nice pop of color for days when I can't be bothered with going all out with makeup... If that makes any sense.
I'll be going back and seeing if I can pick up any other colors. Be wary of the frosty colors, though! I tried their "Feline" and was so put off by it!