November 23, 2014 | 993 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by checotah44

I purchased this yesterday with a $2 coupon. I really didnt know much about it going in. I bought the color Drew Barrymore was wearing: Hot Passion. I knew it was going to be brighter than it appeared on her but I kinda like it. Its not for everyday use but still kinda fun. I thought when I bought it, "well if its too bright, you can always blot it off" to tone it down...well not really because there is A LOT of pigment in these lipsticks. I really like them and wil go back to get more and get rid of some of my other lipsticks that don't stay put. This isn't moisturizing that I really can tell. Matte. But the color stays on forever and it doesn't wear off in the center of your lips that some do. (you know..the clown look when the inside of your lips have no lipstick left?) I was pleasantly suprised at the wear of these lipsticks and the color selection is awsome. I stood there forever trying to decide...I could have bought ten different colors! I would definitely say try this. Its not a thick gloppy lipstick. I didnt realize this was a long wearing lipstick when I got it and have tried others and have to say for "staying power", this one is at the top. It glides on smooth with one coat. Try it. You won't be disappointed.

3-2-011: edit: I AM STILL LOVING THESE LIPSTICKS...the colors are fabulous and have thrown away most of my other lipsticks to replace with the covergirl lipsticks...the colors are fabulous and look so pretty in the sun....I have purchased 5 different colors so far and have loved every one I have purchased. They all have great staying power and not thick and glopy. No gross scent like Loreal and Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: Ok, I was wrong. This is NOT like Bois des Isles. Much, much pinker. Still, it's a very nice deep pink. Not too blue. More on the warm side. Very wearable.

I had a coupon that knocked $2 off the original price, so I only paid $5 for this. I got it in Rich and I love it. Very easy to put on (glides on effortlessly). Although this shade is cooler, more on the pink side, Rich can very well pass for Chanel's Bois des Isles dupe. Not identical. As I said, this one is more on the pink side, while Chanel is more on the warm, brown side. Still, Rich is the same interesting combination of pink, red, brown. I will certainly wear this every day, and save my painfully expensive Bois des Isles for special occasions.

A tip for those who don't want to get the "stain": don't wear these l/s on dry lips. Wear it over a thin layer of lip balm.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by DebraWrd

I bought this in Feline. It is a pretty pink but too frosty for me at 38!! It feels good on my lips but it bled into the very fine lines on the top center of my lips. I am giving this to my 11yo!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by whiterose20

First I got this in Verve and then went back and got this in Divine, and I am already planning on going back and getting more. These lipsticks are awesome, they are super moisturizing and last an impressively long while for a drugstore lipstick. Verve is a frosty Barbie doll pink that looks great with bronzer on my cheeks, and like another reviewer said it gives my face such a nice glow. I put Verve on right after I bought it and went to work and got a complement almost immediately. I think the best confirmation that a product was worth buying is when you get complemented on it.
Moving on to Divine, this wasn't what I expected but I still LOVED it. I was expecting the color that was on the tube, a fuchsia violet purple. When I put it on though it was a bright berry pink with a tinge of purple. Not disappointed at all though! This gives my lips the effect that I get when wearing those color-changing lip products that adjust to give you a custom shade of pink. I put this on, ate dinner, took a nap, and my lips were still stained a beautiful natural-looking berry pink. LOOOOOVE these lipsticks, am going to buy so many more.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 9:03:00 AM More reviews by REE43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just got this at Walmart around 5.00 what a deal! This is a wonderful pigmented lipstick I got smoky a beautiful brown. They say one sweep and its true the color is amazing. Very moisturizing yet stays on not too greasy. I thought I found my favorite in Maybelline sensational but this is my new replacement . Even the packaging is pretty and I cant wait to try the pinks. Just love this !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2011 8:36:00 AM More reviews by LSpawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just picked up 3 of these last night at Walmart. I purchased Sultry, Hypnotic and Flame. I was a little worried having never bought a Cover Girl lipstick before, but I wanted to try some different shades without breaking the bank. Initial impression- wow these apply smoothly and very opaque. I like that a lot. Second impression- what is that God AWFUL taste? Yikes it's like licking my grandmother. Luckily, it went away after 10 minutes or so. Overall, I'm wearing Sultry today at work, I like how it feels, I like how my lips look in it and I only spent $8 Cad for it. I'm a fan. I'll probably try a couple more shades eventually. PS Flame is awesome. What a gorgeous neon pinky/coral/red- can't even describe it properly but it's very vivid. I can't wait to pair it with some black eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like these! I bought mine in Sultry which a nude brown that is just nice for a no makeup look. It's like a creamy matte like finish but doesn't leave my lips dry. I like these so much better than the continuous lipsticks. These seem a little more up to date as opposed to the 80's colors. I can't wait to try the other colors out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by sactonina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love these. I have 9, I think, total. They have a fantastic texture (so light, glide on) and a gorgeous range offlattering shades. They do not bleed, they do stain a bit---which I love---because it means lasting, and they have no irritable scent or taste. They are also inexpensive. The top is hard to get off----only real complaint.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2011 6:25:00 AM More reviews by BubblyWater

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had high hopes for this lipstick.

I got it in Darling which appeared to be a milky beautiful pinky-nude in the package, but turns bright bubble-gum garish pink after a couple hours. And it stains the lips brighter pink. It actually reminds me of the old color-changing lipsticks CG used to make.

The texture seems nice. I did notice some bleeding around the lip line (I don't have lip wrinkles, so that struck me as odd). And it does have that "off" scent of castor oil that all CG lipsticks seem to have. But overall it's not bad.

I plan to exchange this for a different color.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by obzessd

I really like this new line of lipsticks from Cover Girl. The packaging is elegant and does not look like drugstore, and it feels light, moist, and comfortable on my lips. Very good pigmentation too. I got Delish, which is a very flattering lighter nude, with underlying tones of yellow (rather than gray or pink); and Romance, a subtle mauvish blush that's very versatile and work appropriate. I'm very happy with these, and I plan on buying more.