July 24, 2014 | 1587 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by bunnyangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I fear writing a good review for this because I don't want to jinx it and end up disliking this device. I've used this for about 2 weeks and am loving it. I was VERY afraid to try this as I've used a similar device (not Clarisonic, but I can't remember the name) and I had terrible break outs. But all the good reviews and price convinced me to try it. It is much softer than I thought it would be, but does a great job of deep cleaning the skin. I use it only at night for about 40 seconds after manually applying my cleanser for 20 seconds. My skin feels softer and has a little more of an even tone and slight glow. It seems to have improved the pores around my nose and cheeks. I hope the great results continue as I find the cost very reasonable for both the device and the replacement brush heads.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by megieroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay let me start off by saying I researched this product a lot before I purchased. With no way of getting a Clarisonic I decided that this would be the next best thing for some of the clogs I had on my forehead.

The first week I used this brush I used the harshest cleanser I owned and it dried out my face. So I took a break a tried again with my go to Dove bar soap. It cleaned my face beautifully, got all the makeup off and made my skin smooth. I always used the brush itself as directed. Only a few minutes, very gently spreading it out over my whole face. After a month it hadn't cleared up any of the clogs.

But after this first month it had left me with broken capillaries around my nose and on my lower cheeks. Take this as a warning. If you have very translucent or fair skin with a tendancy of redness please err on the side of caution. This product gets a mediocre review from me because while I did use it as it was intended, and it did produce some nice results, I still ended up with almost irreversible consequences. It seems to work great for most people but it did not for me. As with everything, YMMV.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by kimmay99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It is very hard for me to love a product (besides Kiehls...my HG for mostly all of my skin care products). In short, this brush is amazing, gets the extra leftover crud out of your pores, and leaves your face feeling refreshed every time you use it. No problems with battery door like other users. Brush is easily removed for cleaning. The brush is not harsh like I imagined, it is very soft on my very sensitive skin. Love it! I wish they made one for the body, i would use it every day!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by kap112358

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Like most of the other reviewers, I bought this in the hopes that it would be similar to the Clarisonic in all ways but the price. I haven't tried the Clarisonic, but I quite like the Pro-X brush! It really helps to get all of my makeup off at night and makes my skin super soft. I only use it at night, because it irritates my skin too much to use it twice a day. I usually use it with Biore's Pore Unclogging scrub, and that has worked to keep my skin nice and clear. I've only noticed a slight difference in my blackheads, but this definitely helps keep pimples away. It also seems to speed up recovery time for the occasional pimple I do get. I've also used it a couple of times with a cream cleanser from TheBalm on days when my skin feels particularly dry - my skin was ridiculously soft the next day! If you're considering this, I would definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by sensitiveskingirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this and fear I may become addicted! I have rosacea and have been afraid to get facials for years because usually I pay for it afterwards with a flare up. My pores had been awful due to sunscreen use and I was desperate. I tried it with my own gentle face wash- first aid beauty- and after only one use my skin looked better than it ever has after a facial. After the second use, my blackheads are so clear looking, I may go out without makeup today, and I haven't done that since college. I highly recommend this product! It costs less than half a facial and the results are better, and yours to have every day!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by azcohn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm loving this. First of all, cleansing aside, it feels so good and relaxing - like a massage for your face. As for cleansing, it's for sure more effective than your hands (like the difference between a regular toothbrush and an electric toothbrush, more or less), though the critical element is still the cleanser itself, more than the brush. In other words, if you have a favorite cleanser, you'll find that it's even better with the Pro-X; it won't, however, turn a mediocre cleanser/scrub into a miracle product. Also, don't pin too many hopes on this - it cleanses, but, for me at least, it didn't smooth my face (I have rough, bumpy skin, particularly on my cheeks and chin and I'm forever on a search for something that really smoothes - a fruitless search, in the meantime). I'm going to keep using this and I'll probably replace the brushes when they wear out. In other words, I can't imagine going back to manually cleaning my face again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love it! I have sensitive combo skin. This summer has wreaked havoc on my face...it's been so gross and oily in the t-zone and super flaky around my mouth and lower cheeks. I had used Booth's Green Apple Microdermabrasion scrub for years, it's rough but cleaned my skin SO well, balanced it out and left it so soft just on it's own...but it's discontinued and only available on Amazon now for triple the original price (+ shipping!). My esthetician told me to buy the Clairsonic, but I don't have $200 to shell out on a face brush right now. I have been eye-balling the Olay brush for a year now, and after asking for it for my birthday, Christmas, etc and no one ever got it for me...I saw it on sale at Walgreens and finally just bought it myself.

I was a little skeptical at first, but i've seen my skin completely transform from gross to great. I use it with St. Ives Apricot Scrub, on the faster setting and scrub for about 10-15 minutes at night, and then use it in the morning on the lower setting with Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Cleanser for a quick 5 minute cleanse to get rid of oil in my t-zone (i always wake up with a greasy t-zone). I follow with Stri-Vectin Instant Moisture Repair, or if my skin is really dried out I use Elizabeth Arden Hydrating Moisture Mask.

I highly recommend trying it. Save your receipt...you can always return!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by shellj5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this based on reviews and the first 2 days I used it, it was great. Then things changed. The batteries (I used the ones it came with) started to die and I used it twice. I didn't like how it splattered the soap & water around no matter how I tried to use it. Now this is the deal breaker for me: it was so exfoliating, my cheeks looked swollen and I used it for about 20 seconds on each area so it wasn't due to overuse. This didn't feel harsh when I used it but my skin was red and puffy after so this is not for me. If you have sensitive skin, keep the receipt IME its just too much for the face (might be good for rough elbows and heels but the face, no).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this device. I was looking into buying a Clarisonic because I have problematic skin and embarrassing blackheads / hyper-pigmentation but just could not bring myself to shell out the 200+ dollars and I also took into consideration that you have to buy replacement brush heads every 4-6 weeks that cost $40 at sephora. Its a very expensive and high maintenance product.
I bought the Olay Pro X when it first came out and I paid about $30 for it. The replacement heads are only about $10. My skin feels so soft and smooth after using it and I really do feel like i'm pampering my skin. I love this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by nkar23

like many of you, i bought this bc im too cheap to invest in the clairsonic (maybe someday!)
i like the way this cleans my face, it feels like a deep clean afterward. i use cetaphil or blackhead clearing scrub with no problems. FYI i have combo skin. oily t-zone and dryish cheeks, upper lip, etc. but my skin is not sensitive. and i dont use the brush hard or abrasively. i apply a light hand and put it on the fastest setting while i manually circle the brush along my skin. works great.
also, no matter your skin type, make sure to moisturize afterward!!
overall i was happy with the price & happy w the performance.
Edit---------- have been using it for about 2 weeks now and i.love.it. It makes my skin feel super super clean and has loosened all the crap in my huge blackheads (sry for the TMI but that should let you know it is effective!!) which i never thought was possible. srsly, i have had horrible huge blackheads/pores on my nose and some on my cheeks since forever. overall it has brightened my skintone immensely. for this reason i may never try the clairsonic. plus im a cheap grad student anyway. very very satisfied with this product!!!! (PS i bought the "knockoff" of the olay pro x from CVS. it is the cvs brand which is placed right next to the olay prox in the store. works just the same and is about 10 bucks cheaper making it about 19.99!!! go get you some!)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No