September 17, 2014 | 1048 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Michelle1828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I use this every morning and every night before bed. It has already dramatically help clear up my skin. I use it in conjunction with the Sibu skin care line. I absolutely love it! Was originally thinking about purchasing the clarisonic Mia but choose this instead since it was more in my price range. Also wanted to make sure my sensitive skin could handle a automatic cleanser like this. I would definitely recommend this to everyone. It's half the price of the Mia and the replacement brushed are fairly priced as well! Love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by ImmaBrunette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh my freaking god. I love this product so much! I've always had problem skin since I was 10. My forehead would always be covered in acne and my nose in blackheads. A product has never achieved this good as results in the first two days and its so much cheaper than the clarisonic. Okay, first day, I used it, I used it twice because I couldn't resist. I actually couldn't wait to wash my face that day! I put my usual makeup on as an experiment which was MAC Studio fix powder + foundation pressed powder, in a really light shade. I was so surprised when I saw how much makeup had come off compared to when I just wash with my cleanser (Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Oil-Reducing Cleanser) and water and cotton wool pads. There is hardly any on the cotton wool pads but then when I wash with the Clarisonic, the tips turn orange! And I didn't even think I wore that much makeup. So yeah, that explains the clogged pores. Also, I have combination skin, normal on the cheeks, and oily everywhere else, so I use the low speed for my cheeks otherwise they get red. That's another thing! My cheeks are naturally quite red, but this rids them of that, it also makes my skin look lovely and dewy and I can't stop looking at it<3 Its been two days now, so 4 washes with it. And I had some spots, just like spots the colour of my skin on the middle of my forehead and they've cleared up quite a bit and then some underneath ones on my forehead and have come up and are clearing.

It's fantastic, nothing has ever worked for me before! Don't waste your money, buy this. You won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by elaina26

I use this cleansing tool 2 to 3 times a week due to my sensitive skin. It works so well at reducing my pore size and getting blackheads out! My skin also has a smoother texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

Like other reviewers here, i chose this over Clarisonic coz it's not only less expensive but Olay brand I trust. Olay is my all time fave when it comes to cheaper skincare alternatives. I love this brush coz it cleans, exfoliates & massages my skin good. However, I'm saddened that my skin is kind of getting "angry" when I use this everyday. Breakouts appear on my face. I don't like to blame this product totally coz it does what it's for. I guess it's just not for me for regular use. I didn't have problems with broken capillaries, u have to moderate the speed & pressure depending on your skin. In my case, i kind of knew right away that this was the culprit why pimples suddenly appear on my face coz I'd always had clear skin, and this tool is the only new thing in my regimen right now. I'm still giving it 5 lippies coz I love the deep cleansing I get (and Clarisonic also make others breakout anyway!), so I will keep observing my face with the on & off usage to be 100% sure that this is giving me the pimples. I'll update!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by mimster09

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's an excellent cleansing tool. I love it! I had blackheads problem, new ones keep popping up one after another so I decided to buy this product after read many positive reviews. After few weeks of using it, I don't see any more new blackheads on my face. I am not sure if it will help to get rid of the old ones, have to wait and see in a couple of months. The negative point about this product is that you can not use it everyday, especially if you have dry skin, so it's good for 2-3 times a week.. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I deleted my previous review where I basically said I like using it on my face but that it hasn't improved my skin and gave it four lippies.
What I discovered in these last weeks is how good this is at removing self-tanner mistakes. I use lots of different brands and I have dry skin so sometimes the result is really patchy and flaky and removing those patches was a nightmare even with the harshest scrubs and scrubbing gloves but this works so fast, I just use it on that part of my body for 15-30 seconds and my skin looks nice and even. It does mean you have to reapply self-tanner again on that part but I prefer to have some visibly lighter spots (still looks natural) instead of darker spots because that just orangeness just screams ''self-tanner''.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by peekaboo2355

So this is like the best think that has ever happened in my life. This is the secon day that i have been using it and my skin already looks so much better and i can feel that its super clean after i use it it gets all the gross oil and makeup out of your pores and i noticed that they look alot smaller. I also have moderate acne and alot of products irritate my skin and after i come out of the shower my skin looks red and blotchy just not good but this surprisingly doesnt irritate it its gentle but effective and does what it says it does. Im happy with this and so fr no compaints lets just hope it keeps working like its working. I love this tool!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Very nice, gentle skin brush. I usually use a manual Japanese brush with exfoliant once a week but this is much softer and does all the work for you! Removes flakies and makeup remnants beautifully. I can't use it more than once a week but when I'm particularly dry and grimy it really helps to smooth everything out and prep skin for post-shower moisturizer.

Took off a lippie because this is flat out different than the Clarisonic, as another reviewer pointed out, and marketing it as similar is inaccurate. However, while the Clarisonic irritated my skin, this brush does not! If you find the "sonic" technology of the Clarisonic to be too much for you, but still want gentle physical exfoliation, it's worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by bunnyangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I fear writing a good review for this because I don't want to jinx it and end up disliking this device. I've used this for about 2 weeks and am loving it. I was VERY afraid to try this as I've used a similar device (not Clarisonic, but I can't remember the name) and I had terrible break outs. But all the good reviews and price convinced me to try it. It is much softer than I thought it would be, but does a great job of deep cleaning the skin. I use it only at night for about 40 seconds after manually applying my cleanser for 20 seconds. My skin feels softer and has a little more of an even tone and slight glow. It seems to have improved the pores around my nose and cheeks. I hope the great results continue as I find the cost very reasonable for both the device and the replacement brush heads.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by megieroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay let me start off by saying I researched this product a lot before I purchased. With no way of getting a Clarisonic I decided that this would be the next best thing for some of the clogs I had on my forehead.

The first week I used this brush I used the harshest cleanser I owned and it dried out my face. So I took a break a tried again with my go to Dove bar soap. It cleaned my face beautifully, got all the makeup off and made my skin smooth. I always used the brush itself as directed. Only a few minutes, very gently spreading it out over my whole face. After a month it hadn't cleared up any of the clogs.

But after this first month it had left me with broken capillaries around my nose and on my lower cheeks. Take this as a warning. If you have very translucent or fair skin with a tendancy of redness please err on the side of caution. This product gets a mediocre review from me because while I did use it as it was intended, and it did produce some nice results, I still ended up with almost irreversible consequences. It seems to work great for most people but it did not for me. As with everything, YMMV.