August 27, 2014 | 997 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by mimster09

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's an excellent cleansing tool. I love it! I had blackheads problem, new ones keep popping up one after another so I decided to buy this product after read many positive reviews. After few weeks of using it, I don't see any more new blackheads on my face. I am not sure if it will help to get rid of the old ones, have to wait and see in a couple of months. The negative point about this product is that you can not use it everyday, especially if you have dry skin, so it's good for 2-3 times a week.. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I deleted my previous review where I basically said I like using it on my face but that it hasn't improved my skin and gave it four lippies.
What I discovered in these last weeks is how good this is at removing self-tanner mistakes. I use lots of different brands and I have dry skin so sometimes the result is really patchy and flaky and removing those patches was a nightmare even with the harshest scrubs and scrubbing gloves but this works so fast, I just use it on that part of my body for 15-30 seconds and my skin looks nice and even. It does mean you have to reapply self-tanner again on that part but I prefer to have some visibly lighter spots (still looks natural) instead of darker spots because that just orangeness just screams ''self-tanner''.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by peekaboo2355

So this is like the best think that has ever happened in my life. This is the secon day that i have been using it and my skin already looks so much better and i can feel that its super clean after i use it it gets all the gross oil and makeup out of your pores and i noticed that they look alot smaller. I also have moderate acne and alot of products irritate my skin and after i come out of the shower my skin looks red and blotchy just not good but this surprisingly doesnt irritate it its gentle but effective and does what it says it does. Im happy with this and so fr no compaints lets just hope it keeps working like its working. I love this tool!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Very nice, gentle skin brush. I usually use a manual Japanese brush with exfoliant once a week but this is much softer and does all the work for you! Removes flakies and makeup remnants beautifully. I can't use it more than once a week but when I'm particularly dry and grimy it really helps to smooth everything out and prep skin for post-shower moisturizer.

Took off a lippie because this is flat out different than the Clarisonic, as another reviewer pointed out, and marketing it as similar is inaccurate. However, while the Clarisonic irritated my skin, this brush does not! If you find the "sonic" technology of the Clarisonic to be too much for you, but still want gentle physical exfoliation, it's worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by bunnyangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I fear writing a good review for this because I don't want to jinx it and end up disliking this device. I've used this for about 2 weeks and am loving it. I was VERY afraid to try this as I've used a similar device (not Clarisonic, but I can't remember the name) and I had terrible break outs. But all the good reviews and price convinced me to try it. It is much softer than I thought it would be, but does a great job of deep cleaning the skin. I use it only at night for about 40 seconds after manually applying my cleanser for 20 seconds. My skin feels softer and has a little more of an even tone and slight glow. It seems to have improved the pores around my nose and cheeks. I hope the great results continue as I find the cost very reasonable for both the device and the replacement brush heads.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by megieroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay let me start off by saying I researched this product a lot before I purchased. With no way of getting a Clarisonic I decided that this would be the next best thing for some of the clogs I had on my forehead.

The first week I used this brush I used the harshest cleanser I owned and it dried out my face. So I took a break a tried again with my go to Dove bar soap. It cleaned my face beautifully, got all the makeup off and made my skin smooth. I always used the brush itself as directed. Only a few minutes, very gently spreading it out over my whole face. After a month it hadn't cleared up any of the clogs.

But after this first month it had left me with broken capillaries around my nose and on my lower cheeks. Take this as a warning. If you have very translucent or fair skin with a tendancy of redness please err on the side of caution. This product gets a mediocre review from me because while I did use it as it was intended, and it did produce some nice results, I still ended up with almost irreversible consequences. It seems to work great for most people but it did not for me. As with everything, YMMV.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by kimmay99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It is very hard for me to love a product (besides Kiehls...my HG for mostly all of my skin care products). In short, this brush is amazing, gets the extra leftover crud out of your pores, and leaves your face feeling refreshed every time you use it. No problems with battery door like other users. Brush is easily removed for cleaning. The brush is not harsh like I imagined, it is very soft on my very sensitive skin. Love it! I wish they made one for the body, i would use it every day!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by kap112358

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Like most of the other reviewers, I bought this in the hopes that it would be similar to the Clarisonic in all ways but the price. I haven't tried the Clarisonic, but I quite like the Pro-X brush! It really helps to get all of my makeup off at night and makes my skin super soft. I only use it at night, because it irritates my skin too much to use it twice a day. I usually use it with Biore's Pore Unclogging scrub, and that has worked to keep my skin nice and clear. I've only noticed a slight difference in my blackheads, but this definitely helps keep pimples away. It also seems to speed up recovery time for the occasional pimple I do get. I've also used it a couple of times with a cream cleanser from TheBalm on days when my skin feels particularly dry - my skin was ridiculously soft the next day! If you're considering this, I would definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by sensitiveskingirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this and fear I may become addicted! I have rosacea and have been afraid to get facials for years because usually I pay for it afterwards with a flare up. My pores had been awful due to sunscreen use and I was desperate. I tried it with my own gentle face wash- first aid beauty- and after only one use my skin looked better than it ever has after a facial. After the second use, my blackheads are so clear looking, I may go out without makeup today, and I haven't done that since college. I highly recommend this product! It costs less than half a facial and the results are better, and yours to have every day!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by azcohn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm loving this. First of all, cleansing aside, it feels so good and relaxing - like a massage for your face. As for cleansing, it's for sure more effective than your hands (like the difference between a regular toothbrush and an electric toothbrush, more or less), though the critical element is still the cleanser itself, more than the brush. In other words, if you have a favorite cleanser, you'll find that it's even better with the Pro-X; it won't, however, turn a mediocre cleanser/scrub into a miracle product. Also, don't pin too many hopes on this - it cleanses, but, for me at least, it didn't smooth my face (I have rough, bumpy skin, particularly on my cheeks and chin and I'm forever on a search for something that really smoothes - a fruitless search, in the meantime). I'm going to keep using this and I'll probably replace the brushes when they wear out. In other words, I can't imagine going back to manually cleaning my face again.