September 1, 2014 | 1116 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by bronyaleavesley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

110% would never EVER buy this foundation again. Because I have fair skin I could not find a shade light enough to suit my complexion, when in daylight there would be a significant difference between my face & neck even with the lightest shade. Also with having combination skin with an oily T zone the foundation would not stay even when heavily powdered, was left feeling greasy and patchy. Not for my skin tone or type, never ever again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by ericaaax0

When I first bought this I thought it was amazing, but then again it was only my 3rd bottle of drugstore foundation so what did I know !! I still use it now since I ran out of my other foundations. I feel like this product is getting worse and worse. haha, it's not all that bad I guess, but I have combo skin and it made me even more oily and it doesn't cover dry patches well either. It also doesn't last that long. But it's okay .. I guess??

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Amynichol14

WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK.
I ALMOST CANNOT SAY HOW MUCH HATE THIS FOUNDATION.

Is this foundation a fair price? Yes.
Did they have a good shade for me? NO.
Did it seem like a very promising purchase? Most definitely.
Was it. YOU CAN BET YOU IT WAS NOT.

So what went wrong?
*The packaging. We'll there was none I just got handed it in a bottle Looks awful there isn't even a pump, and it's just heavy and annoying. I don't enjoy it.
*The shade selection! There are a lot of different shades for darker people, but looking on the website, there is very little selection for fairer skin tones. In the store I went to, there was maybe 5 of the 18 available shades. Not good. The shades made for very fair skin (like I am) are very medium tone. I have pinky undertones, so obviously they look awful on me. (after the first shade I got didn't suit me, I went back and tried others. None of them matched or even looked decent.)

What about the foundation itself?
HERE IS WHERE IT GETS PERSONAL.
Product claims (copied straight from the website) :
No oils, no waxes, no nonsense
Natural, Light to medium coverage that leaves skin the way it was meant to be. Fresh, breathing, flawless.

My opinion? LIEEEEEEESSSSS

This was so awful! I have combo skin. I applied this with a mac foundation brush,people said put a powder over and it looks perfect.LIEEEES pathetic.On the oily parts, it turned into a BP oil spill, and on the dry areas, it was like the Sahara desert!! It's like this foundation doesn't even know what to do on any skin type! It even patched up on places where I have very even skin! I tried everything to make this work. To no avail. Every single time, my face was left oily and patchy, after just 3-4 hours of wear.

Do yourself a favor- skip this part of the makeup aisle and try something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by EyelinerMadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My friend raved about this foundation to me, and after needing a new foundation I ran out and grabbed it!
It was cheap in price and the lady at the drugstore really matched a perfect shade for me.
At first I felt like it was super oily and the product took a while to set and dry. Even throughout the day I felt a little oily. To fix that I just used a Matte powder and it seemed to do the trick. so..you definently need a powder to absorb the oil from this foundation

Coverage is buildable and it seemed to cover up most of my areas with 2 layers.

Althought The packaging looks sleek and simple, it was a hassle to use the product without a pump since it was more on the watery consistency rather than a thick and creamy consistency.

All in all, this was an OKAY foundation. would I buy it again? Maybe..
Did I like it enough to at least go through the bottle without wasting my money by throwing it out? Yes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

WHAT THE ACTUAL SUGAR GLAZED HECK.
I ALMOST CANNOT PHYSICALLY EXPRESS HOW MUCH I LOATHE THIS FOUNDATION.

Is this foundation a fair price? Yes.
Did they have a good shade for me? Yes.
Did it seem like a very promising purchase? Most definitely.
Was it. YOU CAN BET YOUR LUCKY STARS IT WAS NOT.

So what went wrong?
*The packaging. Awful. Looks pretty sleek and everything, but there isn't a pump, and it's just heavy and annoying. I don't enjoy it.
*The shade selection! There are a lot of different shades for fairer people, but looking on the website, there is very little selection for darker skin tones. In the store I went to, there was maybe 9 of the 18 available shades. Not good. The shades made for very fair skin (like I am) are very pink-y in tone. I have yellow undertones, so obviously they look awful on me. (after the first shade I got didn't suit me, I went back and tried others. None of them matched or even looked decent.)

What about the foundation itself?
HERE IS WHERE IT GETS PERSONAL.
Product claims (copied straight from the website) :
No oils, no waxes, no nonsense

My opinion? LIEEEEEEESSSSS

This was so awful! I have combo/oily skin. I applied this with a flat top kabuki over moisturized and primed skin and set with a powder. On the oily parts, it turned into a BP oil spill, and on the dry areas, it was like the Sahara desert!! It's like this foundation doesn't even know what to do on any skin type! It even patched up on places where I have very even skin! I tried everything to make this work. To no avail. Every single time, my face was left oily and patchy, after just 3-4 hours of wear.

Do yourself a favor- skip this part of the makeup aisle and try something else.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 8:30:00 AM More reviews by elektraalex

For me, as a 15-year old with quite a low budget, this foundation is really amazing. The finish is not perfect compared to my Chanel foundation. I think that you need to have a good setting powder with this foundation.

I also own the concealer from Maybeline Fit Me series and it's absolutely AMAZING. I'm on my second tube on the Fit Me concealer. I have the colour 25. The concealer is better anything I've tried. NYX, Lancome, MAC, Loreal Paris and the list goes on.

The foundation is really amazing for its price and I recommend finding the perfect shade for you and then matching that with a good translucent powder. For trying out the perfect shade, swatch on your neck and then use NYX, set it don't fret it powder for amaxing finish. You don't want to cake this foundation up.

Comparison
Both the foundation and concealer is better than the Loreal Paris True Match ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by sionnach17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is probably the best drugstore foundation I have tried so far. NO OF COURSE IT ISN'T AS AMAZING AS HIGH END FOUNDATIONS. However for people who cannot spend $40 on one bottle this is a very nice alternative.
Pros (in my opinion)
Decent buildable coverage.
Good shade range (I am SUPER PALE and this is one of the few that doesn't look orange on me).
Doesn't crease into fine lines
Feels comfortable.
If you use primer then set it with the Fit Me powder it lasts very well.

The biggest con I have is the bottle. I just wish they would create a PUMP dispenser.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by AlexisTarantino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am almost out of my first container of this foundation and all I have to say is "wow."
I have really dry skin and lots of foundations have dried my skin out even after I moisturized my face. I moisturize my face then apply the foundation and it makes it look even and now matte but not dewy, kind of in between.
My color was 115 so I bought the set of powder and foundation but they didn't have the concealer in my color. I found the powder to be much lighter than the foundation and I would not buy the pressed powder again. Covergirl, in my opinion, has better pressed powders.

All in all, I will stick with fit me until I find something better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation is ok, but not for me. The shade 220 was a perfect match for my winter pale skin and they offer a decent shade range (well, depends which store stocks it). The packaging is quite nice, even if it would be better with a pump (I took 1 lippe off for this). What I don't like about this foundation is it is too thin and liquidy for my taste....it also barely offers medium coverage. I would say it should be described a 'tinted to light' coverage. It applies too thin for my liking. However, that's just me. If you like lighter formulas of foundation, I think this might be worth trying. If you prefer medium to full coverage (Revlon Color Stay, Kat Von D Lock It, Estee Double Wear etc) this probably won't be for you. I also find it separates on my skin during the day and doesn't wear very well on my normal-oily skin. It could be a good product, but it's not for everybody.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by kkbabygirl89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If I could give this a 0 I would! Worst foundation I have EVER tried. I've always used higher end products, but when I got a sample of the different shades of this foundation I figured it was worth a try. I will say that there are many shades and the one I did get matched well.

I bought this product a few years ago along with the concealer. It was all good until about a week later. I broke out EVERYWHERE with huge red cystic acne. My entire face was covered in huge bumps that were so visible. My whole face hurt. I will get an occasional break out, but it is never noticeable and it usually disappears over night.

I ended up going to see my dermatologist and I got put on 4 different medications (oral and topical). It took months for the acne to go away, and when it finally did my face was scarred in a few places and there was still redness even though the acne was gone.

This was three years ago, and I still have some discoloration on my cheeks. This was the worst product I have ever tried and I would discourage anyone from using it if it saves them from experiencing the horror that I did!!