October 2, 2014 | 976 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by fadexscape

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation,,,,unfortunately it was too pink for my skin. I have yellow/neutral undertones.....never really have been able to find a foundation that matches me. :(

It was a bit pricey at $32 but the fact that it covers so well is worth it if you want to pay.

Although, it's great at covering most imperfections, it didn't do much for my old acne scars. I have some old boxcar scars on my cheeks from when I was a teenager and they're all darker than my normal skin tone. I don't think anything will work on those......

But it works great otherwise. Highly recommend!

Oh, but if you prefer the dewy, natural look, then this is not for you. ;)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by saxcat513

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Man, they aren't kiddin' around when they say "Maximum Coverage"! This stuff is unbelievably thick, and the coverage is insane. I thought I needed something really full coverage to hide various discolorations on my face, but now that I've been using this stuff I realized it might be a little too heavy for me. I find this is quite nice though when you mix it with a bit of moisturizer to lighten it up a bit(I use the EL Daywear plus antioxidant).

This is a great buy for someone wanting absolute, complete coverage- as for me, I think I'll try the Double Wear next time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros : It feels very light on the skin
Goes on easily
Covers all my spots, dark circles, blemishes and acne scars
Lasts a good 8 hours
You need very little so a tube will last a long time
Doubles up as a concealer

Cons : Its expensive
Limited colours

I would recommend this foundation because it covers really well, stays on a good 8 hours. This is a review for the new maximum coverage by estee lauder, the version before was great but after 4 hours it started to oxidise so Im really happy with their new version, it doesnt stay on as long as Estee lauders other foundation double wear stay in place but I can live with only 8 hours. Unfortunately it only comes in a limited selection of colours but thankfully ivory cream is a good match for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by SMALLWEED

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: The product does what it promise and the new formulation is even creamier.
A little goes a long way . My Holy grail foundation, very longwear, resist heat and humidity, even sweat. It covers everything and it's light enought.
Much Better than Clinique Continuous coverage (which accentuated all my flaws pores, lines and didn't stay), this cover my pore bettet and my lines as well. (with a good quality primer)
If skin is dry, moisturize well. add a good primer and it will be perfect

Cons: On the Pricey side (32$)
Color selection limited to 5 or 6 colors
could be drying if you don't moisturize

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Swccomm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Based on all the reviews, including one from my dermatologist, I bought this as a concealer, first tried 05 and returned it for 03. I thought it really covered well, and I like that it stayed on all day. I went to a lovely dinner one night and we had our pictures taken, and I could not believe what I looked like -- it looked like someone had taken white out and painted all around my eyes, horrible! I am not sure if it is the color I used or put on too much, I may buy the 05 again and combine the two colors, so that is why I wrote that I would buy product again. If anyone has had a similar experience with this product, especially in regard to the way the photo came out, I would love to hear.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by mrscatsmith

I bought this as I have terrible broken veins which I have had pretty much all my life. I have tried all kinds of brands and coverage/concealer combinations and never really been satisfied. This foundation does a great job but it's really tricky to apply. I am using fingers, although I have also tried a brush which was not that good. I have been though loads of different moisturizers to try and help with application but those which help a little (and I mean a little) make me greasy looking in a couple of hours.

I have decided the only way to get a good application which doesnt look cakey is to take my time, I mean about 3 times as long as I would usually take to apply my foundation. Only then can I get the balance between coverage and as natural looking as possible.

Anyone with any tip on improving application please post here!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by hazydaze444

I used this foundation when I was suffering with horrible acne :( I was on accutane at the time, too. This foundation didn't dry my skin out, and the coverage was amazing! Like nothing I'd ever had before. Now my skin has cleared up, I wouldn't use this unless I added some moisturiser to it because it is really thick, and even careful application can look very makeuppy. It never broke me out either. Overall, I think this is an amazing foundation, and if you have bad skin, you should definitely ask for a sample from your local beauty store.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 8:30:00 AM More reviews by vcantu21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love love this product! I typically use Double wear and not only does this cover better (of course it is a Full coverage makeup) but it looks better. I'm acne prone, have lots of acne scars to cover and this works great, and compared to the regular Double Wear it goes on a little cremier, doesn't look as matte and lasts all day. My face doesn't have such a dull face look like the Double Wear. I highly recommend this as a full coverage makeup, I use it all over because only a little bit goes a long way, and controls my oil pretty well! I just didn't give it a 5 because I'm waiting to make sure it doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by mynxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

i did a lot of research trying to find my perfect full coverage foundation before i went to the el counter at macys. the woman who matched me actually tried to talk me out of it and recommended the regular double wear instead, but my mind was made up. the lightest shade ended up being a perfect match, even the makeup artist who was helping me was impressed!!
i use it all over my face, not just as a concealer. i go back and forth between using my fingers and a brush to apply it. i think that it applies best on bare skin but the corners of my nose get too oily so i usually use either smashbox or palladio primer first. fingers work better when applying over primer for me.
i don;t think that its too heavy or it looks like a mask, i love it! i dont even need concealer and i have very dark circles under my eyes and acne scars and redness.
it has not made me break out either!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedannie

So, Estee Lauder, you took my holy grail Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup, discontinued it and replaced with this stuff.
Shame on you!
My skin has broken out like a hormonal teenager, and I'm 43!
And your shades are all messed up.
Have you people never heard the expression "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"??

Grrrr...