July 31, 2014 | 1880 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by hazydaze444

I used this foundation when I was suffering with horrible acne :( I was on accutane at the time, too. This foundation didn't dry my skin out, and the coverage was amazing! Like nothing I'd ever had before. Now my skin has cleared up, I wouldn't use this unless I added some moisturiser to it because it is really thick, and even careful application can look very makeuppy. It never broke me out either. Overall, I think this is an amazing foundation, and if you have bad skin, you should definitely ask for a sample from your local beauty store.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 8:30:00 AM More reviews by vcantu21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love love this product! I typically use Double wear and not only does this cover better (of course it is a Full coverage makeup) but it looks better. I'm acne prone, have lots of acne scars to cover and this works great, and compared to the regular Double Wear it goes on a little cremier, doesn't look as matte and lasts all day. My face doesn't have such a dull face look like the Double Wear. I highly recommend this as a full coverage makeup, I use it all over because only a little bit goes a long way, and controls my oil pretty well! I just didn't give it a 5 because I'm waiting to make sure it doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by mynxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

i did a lot of research trying to find my perfect full coverage foundation before i went to the el counter at macys. the woman who matched me actually tried to talk me out of it and recommended the regular double wear instead, but my mind was made up. the lightest shade ended up being a perfect match, even the makeup artist who was helping me was impressed!!
i use it all over my face, not just as a concealer. i go back and forth between using my fingers and a brush to apply it. i think that it applies best on bare skin but the corners of my nose get too oily so i usually use either smashbox or palladio primer first. fingers work better when applying over primer for me.
i don;t think that its too heavy or it looks like a mask, i love it! i dont even need concealer and i have very dark circles under my eyes and acne scars and redness.
it has not made me break out either!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedannie

So, Estee Lauder, you took my holy grail Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup, discontinued it and replaced with this stuff.
Shame on you!
My skin has broken out like a hormonal teenager, and I'm 43!
And your shades are all messed up.
Have you people never heard the expression "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"??

Grrrr...

19 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by vzajac29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic product! I agree with the other reviews where they say that it is not meant to be a foundation but a concealer. A little goes a long way and it covers acne, red spots, etc. I use clinique's "even better" foundation and then use the este lauder max coverage as a concealer and it's a wonderful combination. I hope they never discontinue this wonderful make-up. It's pricey but as I said, a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by jillianh

I had been wanting to try the old Maximum Cover which came in the tube for ages, but i always found it too expensive or counters didn't have any left.
So i took the plunge a couple of weeks ago and was told this Double Wear version was it's replacement with more shades.
I had to get the lightest shade 01 creamy ivory, but even then i think it is still a little too orange for me (I am around a mac nc15-20). But that doesn't really bother me to be honest, it isn't too noticeable and can be blended.
So the first time applying this I was amazed at the coverage, so many foundations claim to be full coverage but this one really is, and believe me, a little goes a long way. If you put too much on you can definitely tell, and I look a little orange. You hardly need any to cover your whole face.
I love putting a little dot of this on, blending it, and just watching my redness disappear.
Another pro is that it lasts a long time, if i forget to take my make up off after a night off, my skin still looks good the next day. It is easy enough to remove with face wipes also.
One con is that you really do need to moisturise, it doesn't cling as much as some foundations do or give me that horrible flakey look, but some areas look a little dry or my pores are noticeable. A good moisturiser helps you to blend it better also. You really do have to make sure you blend this well or you will have that streaky look, although that could be because the shade is slightly too dark for me.
It is very pricey in my opinion, but the tube will last ages as you don't need to use much. And if you really do want guaranteed great coverage then it is definitely worth it. Does what it claims to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Joanna09

I love this! I have been mixing it with my Smashbox TM and it looks great. It covers everything. On its own it is a bit too dry but with the TM it blends perfectly! It does have Bismuth oxycholoride in it which sometimes bugs me so I use primer and a bit of Korres mmu underneath. My skin feels great! And it lasts! I am so happy I finally found this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

I've never tried any EL products b/c I always assumed they were geared toward pink-toned skin (and I have golden-ish skin w/ yellow undertones - NW20/25), but I happened upon the good reviews here so I thought I'd give it a whirl (for use as a concealer). I got samples of 01 (cream ivory light), 03 (creamy vanilla light), and 05 (creamy tan medium). 01 was waaay too pale (almost whitish) and looked grey on my skin. 05 was too dark and orangey. 03, on the other hand, is perfect (and I've tested it indoors and out). I put a little bit on the back of my hand, dip my concealer brush in it, then apply to my face. It seamlessly covers any acne/scars and lasts ALL DAY... seriously, all day. I love that it comes in a hygienic tube, contains SPF 15 (although I don't know how the SPF will photograph), and doesn't break me out. All in all, I'm really glad (and grateful) that I happened upon a color-matching, long-lasting, SPF-containing, hygienically-packaged concealer. Yay!! =D

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

Second Update: Giving this a 5 now. It works so well with my Smashbox TM. Everything is concealed, but it doesn't look fake.
Update: I have worn this a few times since writing this and no break outs! I just have to figure out the best way to use it. Will try with TM I think as by itself it is kind of tricky to blend. The pimple was just one of those weird things that disappeared overnight with my EL Recovery Complex. So happy I can play with this make up still!!!!!
So so sad to write this. I put this on this morning and even my 11 year old son said my skin looked great. Then around 5 hours later I had a pre-cystic acne pimple. Luckily I could rush home and wash it off, but I am so sad. I may try again using a bit less and more moisturizer to protect my skin. I could also just use it as a concealer, but it is back to Korres Mineral Make up for me which is good (but not this good :() So if you are acne prone, make sure you get a sample first. I bought mine in the States and we don't have it in Canada, so I can't return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by agy89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say that this is the best foundation I have ever had . Just tiny bit of it could cover your whole acnes and redness. It s even my skin tone as well. I normally apply the Idealist minimizing Pores, then Daywear Plus moituriser, then Primer , bit of this foundation then pinky blush and finish with some mascara on! Look very fresh and nature!

If you found it bit heavy on yours, just mix it with a bit amount of moisturiser, make it like a tinted moisture one, it would help. But remember not too much of the moisturiser , u dont want to have the oily and shiny face later !!!

I would reckon this product to who wants a quick and easy make up in the morning, as u dont need to use concealer and powder with this foundation on.