December 19, 2014 | 1238 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by lilymoon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this both as a face cleanser and as a moisturizer. As a cleanser, while in the shower, I apply about 8 drops to my hands, rub my hands together to distribute, then gently massage all over my face and neck and leave on the entire time I'm in the shower to allow the oil to penetrate, then rinse off with water right before I get out of the shower, which leaves only a bit of the oil on my skin as a protectant. As a moisturizer, I use it morning and night, applying 4-8 drops in palms (depending on how dry my skin feels), and massaging gently and thoroughly into skin of face and neck. Makes skin look glowy and fresh and moisturizes perfectly. Oil sinks into skin and balances it -- does NOT feel or look oily on skin at all. For the record, I have normal skin for the most part that is sometimes slightly dry, especially in cold weather.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 4:47:00 AM More reviews by betteefelon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for maybe a week (I know, the worst way to start a review, heh), and so far I really like it. I tried it a while ago for my hair and that was just a no-go for me -- it was somehow greasy AND drying to my skimpy dry ends. Then, I worked up the guts to try it on my face, and so far I really like it! I don't use it as a moisturizer on my face... I'm not sure I have the courage for that, given my track record with acne. I started out using it to take off eye makeup, and it just dissolved the stuff like nothing I've used before... It even takes off waterproof stuff. It was fantastic. So then I decided I was going to use it to take off all my face makeup... And I'm loving how CLEAN my face gets! I get my face wet, rub a small amount (maybe a half teaspoon?) all over my face and work it around for a few seconds until I'm satisfied that it's dissolved all of my foundation. Then I follow by adding my regular (Cerave) facial cleanser for oily skin and rubbing it all together, then I rinse. Poof -- the cleanest darned skin I can imagine at the end of the day, and somehow still soft and moisturized but not greasy at all. It's definitely softer and more "balanced" feeling than if I used a cleanser alone, and I swear it takes off EVERYTHING. Magic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by allymack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For those who don't know, the claim behind jojoba oil as not only a good moisturizer, but an acne fighter, is that its consistency is remarkably similar to the sebum our skin naturally produces, so that by applying it you are in effect 'tricking' your skin into producing less sebum. I've been using this for about a month now, and I'm happy with it. I do seem to notice my skin doesn't get as shiny when I've used it regularly-at least once it's absorbed. That's the one problem: it's a bit hard to control the amount you apply, and if you apply too much, it can take a little while to sink in. While you're waiting, it will look oily, and sometimes I've avoided using it on rushed mornings for this reason. That said, this is probably more my own fault than an issue with the product itself. A bit of vigilance to the quantity you're applying, and you'll likely avoid this issue, as well as any breakouts (I haven't had any while using it). Overall, I've been switching to more natural skincare products and this will likely remain a fixture in my regimen.
I've also mixed this with sugar to make a fantastic lip scrub. Just be sure to follow with a thick lip balm, like vaseline.
The bottle tends to leak a lot, and it seems like this is a problem with a lot of jojoba oil brands' containers. I picked up a glass dropper bottle at Muji, and this has worked perfectly to store it without getting oil all over the drawer I keep it in. Recommended.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by happyalibaba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

It did not moisturize my skin at all and made me break out. I tried it several times ie I gave it many chances but it simply failed me big time. It did not help my acne prone tretinoin treated skin at all. I added to my moisturizer and I did not notice any better as regard to flaky control. I tried it on my cuticles and it did nothing to it. (Burts bee has good one) I added to my shampoo and it gave me scalp acne if I remember right. Mine is non organic one though. Two thumbs down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've read a few times Jojoba Oil kills the bacteria that causes acne, I'm having a tough time with my acne right now, Jojoba oil on my face at night seems to do my skin wonders. The acne died down, the scars became fewer and overall my skin feels pretty good. I might start using this with rosehip oil because that alone evens out my skin tone and acne scars and leaves it baby soft. Anyway this is a god send right now : )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this with grapeseed oil for facial cleansing (4 to 1 ratio of grapeseed to jojoba). I mix both oils together, massage into a dry face, add one or two drops of regular cleanser, work in, and then rinse. I've also tried it in my hair and added to lotion, neither of which were met with much success. It works out great for making salt and sugar scrubs, but again sparingly and in combination with other oils. For me, the strong nutty smell was a turnoff, but I don't use to much of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'll always come back to jojoba oil - this was the first moisturizer I ever used on my face, and it's amazing. I have sensitive, easily irritated, acne-prone skin, and this has never broken me out. It's a great eye makeup-remover and an amazing moisturizer that leaves me with smooth, dewy skin. HG.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by j_leigh69

I've been using Jojoba oil for years - I'll review this brand however it's probably worth noting that different brands have worked equally well for me. I use it as a makeup remover and I find it to be very gentle and effective. I also sometimes use it as a moisturizer at night; it's soothing and doesn't clog the pores. It hasn't done anything miraculous for me, but I like it. The only downside is that you need to really make sure to remove any excess before applying eye makeup, otherwise you will get a lot of smudging, so make sure to wash your face afterward.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Jojojoanneee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG moisturizer!!!
I honestly love this! I purchased this about 4 months back and finished through the whole bottle in about 2 months (I bought the smaller bottle). I used to use this with my Aveeno Clear Complexion moisturizer but I finished that and bought this again and started using it alone. I really love this on my skin, it makes me feel super moisturized and it makes my skin feel happy because it's 100% natural.
It doesn't look oily on your skin (if you don't apply too much) I use 3-4 drops for my whole face in the morning and 7 drops in the evening (yes, it makes my face LOOK like a greaseball but it doesn't FEEL like it) because I don't care what I look like when I sleep.
It doesn't really do much to control my oily skin but then again, I've only restarted using this about a week ago, alone.
Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First off I have very dry sensitive skin and currently have acne. I used this product for about 2 weeks before I stopped. I found that the first few days of use I really liked it for my skin. I felt no irritation when using the product which is a plus and I found it did a good job of moisturizing without breaking me out. The price of the product is also very affordable and I like how it is a natural product. I stopped using this because although it did moisturize for the first week, I noticed my skin was even drier a week later. I feel that since I already have dry skin, using this oil tricks my skin in thinking it is producing enough oil and stops making it (and since my skin is dry it produces very little natural oils). I researched that jojoba oil is very similar to your natural oil and which is why it probably made my skin drier. So, this did not work for me, but I feel it would be great for oily skin. I also hated the packaging of this product. I wished it came with a dropper, instead of a spout.