Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

3.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (3.7%). Non-Medicinal/Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Mica, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Viola Tricolor Extract, Methicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 4/25/2011 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This foundation has a strange cooling effect when swirled on - it feels nice and I'd imagine will feel great in the summer. I'm not a fan of the supplied brush, however. It gets the job done, but it's not that easy to use and tends to want to retract back into the plastic handle it's stored in. In a pinch this works though, and would be handy for travel. I use a big fluffy mineral brush instead and love it. Gives nice, near-flawless, medium coverage. I say near-flawless because I have large pores and it does not hide these (but it doesn't claim to either). It will settle in my fine lines if I don't use a primer, but so does everything else.
The sparkles mixed in are subtle and give a kind of glowing effect - one of the things I like about this. I can't comment on the staying power in summer heat, but I'm hoping it's good because I love the way this feels.

on 4/24/2011 9:51:00 PM

This is by far one of the worst products I have ever used from Revlon aside from their polishes. The sparkles were not the issue for me, it was the coverage. It was like I put nothing on my face. It also failed to cover the slight redness I have in some parts of my face. This is for people who have flawless skin because it doesn't cover or even out skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I use this as a highlighter near my cheekbones. For that purpose only. For a true foundation, it is way too sparkly and provides very minimal coverage. The cooling sensation is neat. If I couldn't have discovered that it makes a nice highlighter, I would have given this product a 1.

on 4/19/2011 12:02:00 PM

If I could give this product a 0, I totally would! It's HORRIBLE. sparkling, no coverage, enhances pores! And its so messy! What's wrong with the R&D department?

on 4/15/2011 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love it !!! The sparkles r really not a problem. I bought the shade fair/light and it matched my skin color perfectly. Love the brush and the packaging. Give it a try if looking for medium natural foundation. Makes my skin look flawless but natural !!

Cons : Price, too steep for drugstore foundation.

on 4/5/2011 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Could have been a great product IF it didn't have all of the darn sparkles.

on 4/2/2011 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Feels just wonderful on my skin! Oil stayed away and matched my skin color perfectly. I do dislike all the sparkles. I'm going to set this aside for when summer comes around.

on 4/2/2011 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's been pouring rain here all week, leaving me feeling like the Melty Man. I decided that my regular beloved foundation was not working for me in this humidity. I originally rushed to the drugstore to buy the new Almay Wakeup came across the Colorstay Aqua and purchased this instead because the color seemed to be less pink than the Almay.

So far I've been very happy with the results, it feels good, controls the moist feeling I was getting with my other product. This powder can go on heavy if you don't tap the brush first. It feels smooth and evens out my skin tone without looking heavy. I enjoy how the sparkles give me a slight glow.

I love how the brush slips into the lid, ensuring I won't misplace or lose the brush. Though I may try this with my regular foundation brush.

I did like this. It did wonders on my skin and felt awesome and didnt turn me all grease ball ish( I have oily skin) then I went outside......Holy sparkly.......If only I could find a way to not look like a disco ball.......:(

on 3/14/2011 12:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have dry/combinaton skin. Gets a tiny bit oily on my t zone at the end of the day.

When you first apply this, it feels really cool but i felt uncomfortable. The coverage isnt great. and it DOES HAVE CHUNKY SPARKLES. EW. That alone is just enough for me to say no. I hate big sparkles. SOO tacky. Why someone would like this, i really dont know...