Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

3.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (3.7%). Non-Medicinal/Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Mica, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Viola Tricolor Extract, Methicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I came across this product while looking for a good summer foundation. I've originally got my eyes on Revlon's Colorstay liquid foundation since I've read a bunch of good reviews on that one. However, after using liquid foundations for a really long time, I found that it did take a toll on my skin because it was just too heavy. I wanted a foundation that was fuss free and felt really light on my skin so I tried this instead. I've used a dozren mineral-based loose powder foundations before, all from drugstore brands and out of all of them, this one would probably be my favorite. It has a cooling sensation once applied and I give Revlon props for that, but it does give light-medium coverage so you may want to apply another layer on problem areas if you need to cover them up completely. One thing I also loved was the packaging. It's actually the most convenient out of all the others I tried (L'oreal and Maybelline) because you can slide the brush (which was surprisingly really soft and does the job pretty well) in and out the cap for fast application. (I found the L'oreal design a bit of an inconvenience since you had to unscrew the cap several times and trust me, I have had accidents where I'd spill the foundation everywhere). It does contain a hint of shimmer but nothing that would make your skin look like a disco ball. I haven't seen how it looks on pictures though, but it blends in perfectly with my skintone and it contains minimal SPF so I'm not really worried about that. All in all, I love this product as an everyday foundation, on night out though, I'd probably wear it on top of my BB Cream or as a finishing powder on top of a lightweight liquid foundation.
==EDIT==
I stopped using the powder because I became lighter after the summer. I bought a lighter color that matches my skintone perfectly and now I use the darker one as a long wearing bronzer. I still love this foundation! I've tried other powder foundations and mineral foundations in between but I've somehow gone back to this one. I do hope people will give it a chance especially since being named after such an iconic foundation (Revlon Colorstay), people are expecting it to be as good if not WAY better than the liquid one. Bear in mind that this is a POWDER MINERAL MAKEUP, which will give you light to medium coverage, unlike the liquid version which will give you a fuller coverage, because light to medium coverage is really what any powder mineral makeup will give you. I still stand by this product despite a huge number of bad reviews, and I hope Revlon will stick to making this because there are also a number of people, especially those like me who love their powder foundations, that find this product work for them.

on 4/27/2011 5:13:00 AM

The sparkles were no issue for me - it gives out a dewy finish in my case. I love how it feels so cool when you apply it. The coverage is medium and gives you a flawless look.

on 4/25/2011 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This foundation has a strange cooling effect when swirled on - it feels nice and I'd imagine will feel great in the summer. I'm not a fan of the supplied brush, however. It gets the job done, but it's not that easy to use and tends to want to retract back into the plastic handle it's stored in. In a pinch this works though, and would be handy for travel. I use a big fluffy mineral brush instead and love it. Gives nice, near-flawless, medium coverage. I say near-flawless because I have large pores and it does not hide these (but it doesn't claim to either). It will settle in my fine lines if I don't use a primer, but so does everything else.
The sparkles mixed in are subtle and give a kind of glowing effect - one of the things I like about this. I can't comment on the staying power in summer heat, but I'm hoping it's good because I love the way this feels.

on 4/24/2011 9:51:00 PM

This is by far one of the worst products I have ever used from Revlon aside from their polishes. The sparkles were not the issue for me, it was the coverage. It was like I put nothing on my face. It also failed to cover the slight redness I have in some parts of my face. This is for people who have flawless skin because it doesn't cover or even out skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I use this as a highlighter near my cheekbones. For that purpose only. For a true foundation, it is way too sparkly and provides very minimal coverage. The cooling sensation is neat. If I couldn't have discovered that it makes a nice highlighter, I would have given this product a 1.

on 4/19/2011 12:02:00 PM

If I could give this product a 0, I totally would! It's HORRIBLE. sparkling, no coverage, enhances pores! And its so messy! What's wrong with the R&D department?

on 4/15/2011 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love it !!! The sparkles r really not a problem. I bought the shade fair/light and it matched my skin color perfectly. Love the brush and the packaging. Give it a try if looking for medium natural foundation. Makes my skin look flawless but natural !!

Cons : Price, too steep for drugstore foundation.

on 4/5/2011 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Could have been a great product IF it didn't have all of the darn sparkles.

on 4/2/2011 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Feels just wonderful on my skin! Oil stayed away and matched my skin color perfectly. I do dislike all the sparkles. I'm going to set this aside for when summer comes around.

on 4/2/2011 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's been pouring rain here all week, leaving me feeling like the Melty Man. I decided that my regular beloved foundation was not working for me in this humidity. I originally rushed to the drugstore to buy the new Almay Wakeup came across the Colorstay Aqua and purchased this instead because the color seemed to be less pink than the Almay.

So far I've been very happy with the results, it feels good, controls the moist feeling I was getting with my other product. This powder can go on heavy if you don't tap the brush first. It feels smooth and evens out my skin tone without looking heavy. I enjoy how the sparkles give me a slight glow.

I love how the brush slips into the lid, ensuring I won't misplace or lose the brush. Though I may try this with my regular foundation brush.