November 28, 2014 | 1732 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Nice mascara. The wand is the rubber bristle type and it is football shaped, and it does separate and coat each lash. The product also has a rosy scent. I like this mascara! The packaging is pretty too. Red with pink shimmer and a mint band tube. Would recommend. I got 'very black' and it's the kind of black that has got a slight gray tint but lashes still appear black. This mascara gives nice lashes with little effort.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by xxFebruaryxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find that this mascara doesn't make my lashes look "long" per se, like most mascaras do. It tends to make them look thick, and striking instead. The mascara began to clump after hardly two weeks of using it, which was not ideal.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by DiJO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Not suitable if you are looking for a dramatic look,
but this is a great everyday mascara that gives you
definition.
I found that just one application gives you a polished look.
Great for mascara beginners because it hardly clumps,
smudges or flakes. Easily applicable as the brush is designed to
reach each lash.
I will definitely purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by principessa24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Separates well and doesn't clump. I like the flexible synthetic wand since I think it's better at preventing clumps than a regular mascara wand. The main thing I don't like about it is that it takes a fair amount of building up to get the volume I want, which really shouldn't happen since it's branded as a Volum' Express mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think Maybelline mascaras are the best drug store mascaras. This is one I picked up at Ulta because I was out of mascara and I didn't feel like buying a new Bad Gal Lash (all time favorite) for $20. This was around $7 and applies pretty much like every other Maybelline mascara. It's a good mascara for the price and doesn't rub off easily if you touch your eyes, which is very handy. I always rub my eyes and forget that i'm wearing makeup. I would buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by daisysteiner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This doesn't particularly smear or flake on me, but the brush does nothing to separate my lashes or make them look significantly longer. I'm also not a fan of big mascara tubes, they're not comfortable to use and the product goes bad before I've had a chance to finish it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by LenneSammy

i love this mascara. gives natural looking lashes that somehow look like youre blessed with long defined lashes. it also gives some volume, but its not crazy. the wand is great, and ive never gotten flakiness , smudges, or watery eyes when i wear contacts. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Directioner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my favourite mascaras!! :) It's lengthening, voluminous, & it literally separates my lashes one by one! It can be kinda clumpy some days & it gets flaky after a while but this mascara is still my obsession! I'm going to get the rocket mascara next though I think! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by laurenmarieXCIX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I was looking for a mascara, I had a coupon for Maybelline, so I decided to give it a try. I went on YouTube and AlisonLovesJB had this in her mascara routine. Her lashes looked amazing...It didn't have the same exact effect on my sparse lashes. At first, I didn't really like it, I thought it was a little too wet. Then after about a week, I guess it dried up to a more creamy consistency. This IS a mascara that you should apply altogether, not apply a coat, let it dry, then apply a coat on top. Also, despite its name, you shouldn't apply too much, especially if its brand new, because it will clump a little on you. This mascara obviously will provide length, but its better as a "volume" mascara to give you fuller, not really longer lashes. I really didn't like this mascara at first...I thought it smelled weird( floral smell) and was too wet, but just give it a chance and it will get better.(I still like Covergirl Last Blast Volume better) Hope this helped!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by erinlahti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this mascara! I have been using my Benefit They're Real and Clinique High Impact mascara together for the longest time to give me my favorite, go to look. Recently I started using this mascara by Maybelline and fell in love. It gives me the same look for a fraction of the price. Definitely a repurchase.