April 19, 2014 | 1741 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Carolinaglam

I absolutely love this foundation. It has a glow to it and doesn't dry my skin out like other foundations. If I need more coverage the chanel lady suggested I used the powder foundation over it. Not only do I get a flawless look but it also has all day staying power. I'm not a fan of the packaging or the price but I have not found a foundation that is comparable.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Luckily I did not purchase this, only sampled for a few days.
I really wanted to find a HG Chanel foundation, but all of them give me a strange, powdery look. I was given a shade much too light for me, but it was the texture that bothered me--like I had gone overboard with the loose powder. I think this would be very pretty on very fair skinned women with nothing to hide--I feel like the finish and texture would look more airbrushed, more perfect on lighter tones--but really then, what's the point of foundation?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Britta8988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail foundation, you only need a little bit even if you want full coverage. I use Chanel luminous base before I put on the foundation. They work so well together, I also use the Chanel foundation brush #6 to put on the foundation. It looks so flawless on my skin and my favorite part is that the beige rose #22 is the perfect match for my skin. I use ALL Chanel products. They just really work for me and my neutral but more cool toned skin tone. Once the foundation is set, I then use Chanel lose setting powder which although is around 50 bucks, you need so little of it and it is the biggest jar of setting powder you could ever get, I use that with the Chanel #1 powder brush that will last me a lifetime. All Chanel brushes last forever and I am so happy that I have found this makeup line because it is truly one of the best qualities from foundations to brushes to powders and much more!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Corrinne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh, this stuff is dreadful. Words cannot express how disappointing this product is. I used it for a week and a half to give it a good try but its just awful. It does not go on smoothly, it sticks to primer in clumps, it does not stay on all day and I do not have oily skin. It seems to magnify every flaw and makes the skin look terrible and I have fairly decent skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by bobadreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skin type: Acne-prone, oily, with acne pigmentation and occasional breakouts

Color: I'm around an NC30 at MAC and I got this in B30 because B40 was just too dark. B30 ended up being just a touch light.

Coverage: Medium, not very buildable.

Review: I didn't like this foundation. It applied easily, with a good amount of coverage, it muted out my acne scars pretty well. I had a few problems with it however:
1. The scent is very strong, and lingers for a couple of hours

2. When I powdered over the foundation, it looked very cakey, even though the foundation without powder looked great

3. The lasting power was pretty abysmal, it would start to go patchy on my oily skin within hours, looking really obvious on my skin and transferring everywhere

4. It didn't "meld" with my skin or melt into it for that seamless second skin effect that it promised. I could always tell I had foundation on with this.

Overall: I'd say this might be a nice foundation for less-oily ladies, it does have a lightweight feel and a pretty finish while still imparting a good amount of coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I think after having owned 3 bottles of this foundation, I am really qualified to review this foundation. The first time I bought this foundation was in November of 2011 and I bought it in the shade BR12 which is slightly too dark for my skin in winter but works fine for the rest of the year. It costs $54.24 at a Chanel counter in Canada- you can get it at the Bay, Holt Renfrew or a Chanel Boutique- I suggest getting it at the Bay since they have the best return policy. The first thing that a lot of people comment on the foundation is that it comes in a tiny, plastic shaker bottle. A lot of people have said that they find the packaging very mediocre for Chanel but I personally find the bottle very sleek and convenient and prefer it to the large glass bottles that their other foundations come in. It has a very unusual consistency that is really difficult to explain unless you have used it but it is incredibly lightweight but somehow still creamy. You do need to shake up the foundation before squeezing it up otherwise the water will separate from the rest of the foundation and all that will come out is slightly pigmented water so shaking it up is vital. To apply this, I squirt out a pea sized amount on to the back of my hand and then dot it all over my face and apply it with my fingers, as per Chanel's directions. I do believe that this is the best way to apply the foundation since it really needs the warmth of your fingers to sink in to your skin though I suppose you could use a brush/ sponge and press it in with your fingers afterwards. The finish of it is incredibly natural and it provides light to medium coverage. It is a foundation that is harder to detect on your skin because of how it sets and how light it is- it is nearly impossible to make look cakey. This foundation really defines foundation for me since I think what a lot of people forget is that foundations job is to unify the skin by evening out skintone- not to cover all of your blemishes and it does that flawlessly. You will need concealer if you have any acne, hyperpigmentation or other spots. This foundation does last for a full day on my dry skin- for example I applied this at 12 noon today and removed it at 10:30pm and it still had the same coverage and finish- I blotted once around 6pm so it is really great for everyday use. This foundation does contain SPF15 so I do not like to risk using it on nights out- I look to Perfection Lumiere for that job. I find this foundation to work best for me in every season but winter since it winter I get dry patches and one of the top ingredients in this foundation is alcohol which is great for acne sufferers but not so great on flakes. There is also a scent to this foundation which is seriously the best smell I have ever smelled in my life- nice, light and floral which does fade right when you apply it so it shouldn't be too problematic for those who do not like scented foundation. Overall I really enjoy this foundation- I think it is absolutely excellent for everyday and I get complimented on my skin nearly every time I wear it. I highly recommend it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by MaisieF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is a great compromise between a tinted moisturiser (makes me look oily) and a traditional foundation (too heavy). It doesn't last all day, which I could probably fix with powder. I love the smell & packaging, and Chanel colours are always spot on for my pale skin. Yes, it's expensive, but the quality is worth it (cheap brands break me out). For reference my skin is combo, acne prone, and the colour I purchased is 10 Beige.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by itslindsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

After hearing all the hype about this foundation I got a sample and have been wearing it for a few days. It goes on easily and the coverage is quite light. It has a pleasant smell as well and evened out my skin tone nicely. Unfortunately it felt very dry on my skin and looked a little flaky over my dry patches. I've already got products that give me light coverage without feeling so drying, so I will have to pass on this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by SRO522

I love this foundation! It has a nice scent and it blends beautifully. It's more expensive than drug store brands but it feels and smells luxurious.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by xxrocy

Favorite foundation of all time. Looks great on and lasts all day! Must try..