October 20, 2014 | 1951 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by chazerb

I absolutely love this foundation. As someone who used to wear MAC foundations, the coverage of this first time I tried it was quite scary for me. But now I love the natural barely there look. I use this with the Chanel loose powder and I can say it looks amazing. I did love Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow for it's sheer look, but VA blows it out the water. Best foundation I've ever used. Use a heavy concealer with it if you have some spots or whatnot and this will help even your skin tone and look flawless. Highly recommend to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Brookeelise

This is such a great foundation! The lightest color is pretty dark for me, so I always look forward to summer when I get a little more tan so I can wear this! It looks like real skin and lasts all day, I don't even need to use a setting powder. People are always complimenting me on my skin, and I don't even think they realize I'm wearing makeup! I hope they make a lighter shade someday, because I never find anything else that can even compare to it during the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by adella333

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best if not the best. My hg foundation! Here are the pros and cons...
it is for people with clear skin. I can't imagine it hiding acne or scars, its very light on skin, it makes it look so flawless, it does have a slight glow/ dewy look to it, so for those that don't like that, powder or skip it. Cons -It has a strong scent, like a floral- chemical smell, id like to use it everyday but its so expensive! Plus amount of foundation is very little compared to others. It's not a long wearing foundation but it lasts a good 6-8 hours on me depending on humidity. I have fair combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by mmaaheen

After months, (probably years), of searching for something that offered light weight yet good surface coverage, this product is the one. Finally!

Personally, I've always preferred a look that remains natural and simple which can be easily done with Vitalumiere Aqua. Often, I found high street/drug store foundations made me look cakey, especially around my T-zone which is either too oily or too dry. This meant I generally opted for tinted moisturisers, (nivea and caudelie tinted moisturiser), which I still use on days when foundation isn't necessary. However, tinted moisturiser doesn't last all day, and I'm not the kind of person who reapplies makeup when I'm out and about! I really needed something that gave me the coverage without the cake! Reading reviews and recommendations, I took the plunge and bought it after sampling a small amount at a makeup counter.

As great as it is, I wish there was more! The bottle size is incredibly small which is especially disappointing given the price tag (around £30+). I was lucky to purchase this with a gift card, however it still does not justify the bottle size!

Once I got over this, I decided that you only need a small amount because its so bendable. You can build up the foundation especially over areas you want to conceal. I found that I didn't need to use my regular concealer, this did the trick whilst maintaining a natural-not too overdone look. It gives you a good glow, not too dewy but definitely no dullness! You can even use it to highlight certain areas (cheekbones, temples, nose), then blend into other areas.

I use both brush and fingers to apply - foundation brush on cheeks, nose and chin but fingers on forehead and under eyes. This is just a preference of mine to make sure everything is well spread.

The texture is very smooth! As the name suggests - Aqua - it's very runny but that lends itself well to blending and good overall coverage. I recommend to really shake well before use and when applying a little blob on the back on your hand, to make sure your hand is straight as it runs off very easily. Also, my little foundation blob started to absorb very quickly into my skin, so don't deliberate!

I bought Beige-Sable (no. 30). I have patches of uneven skin tone which quickly disappeared with Chanel! It's long lasting too, which is great but can be a little stubborn to wash off if you don't use a cleanser.

As always, should apply makeup to clean, moisturised skin, especially Vitalumiere Aqua because it enhances that fresh face look!

I highly recommend this product if, like me, you're after a natural, glowing, fresh faced day without the hassle of dried caked foundation! I will definitely be buying again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation. Light coverage, but you can build it up to medium. It works great for my dry cheeks and my oily T-zone. I apply it with a buffing brush or fingers. It leaves a great natural looking, satin finish. It looks so natural that I often just put it on my cheeks where I have a little bit of hyperpigmentation and blend it in and it looks great next to my foundation-less skin. It also smells amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by FaBuLuSh1987

Yes this foundation is a bit of a splurge. However, It stays better then Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet foundation and looks more like skin then any other foundation I've used- and I've tried out soo many...from L'oreal True Match and Maybelline Fit Me, to YSL Touche Eclat Radiance foundation, Bare Escentuals, MUFE Mat Velvet, MUFE Face & Body, MUFE HD, MAC Face & Body, MAC Studio Fix, NARS, Sasha cosmetics foundation, Mary Kay, Private Label (no label) and by far this is my FAVORITE one to date! It looks SOO natural, doesn't clog my sensitive pores, wears all day...honestly this with a touch of concealer give your skin a flawless look! For best results, BLEND with your FINGERS!! My mind is blown- I don't care if it costs $49.05 (including local SoCal sales tax), I SHALL REBUY THIS PRODUCT...I'm gonna save and stock my mua kit with these! My personal routine, algenist moisturizer, Lorac primer, this AMAZING FOUNDATION, a touch of MUFE Full Cover Concealer, a touch of illuminating concealer and set it with Tarte Amazonian Clay transluscent powder and bam! Flawless!! OMG!! In LOVE and OBSESSED!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by thephoenixqueen

My favorite foundation. The coverage is very light, but what you're really paying for is the finish. Gorgeous. Also one of the most natural looking foundations you will find, which is important to me because I'm a high schooler and there is nothing more petty than having a cake face for going to school. It is fragranced though so it might cause problems for some people, but it hasn't for me. Even though it's overpriced and I'm a total cheapskate, I'll probably repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by iluvelt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After many years of looking for my foundation holy grail... I found it this summer. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. I have dry maturing skin and this gives me a very natural glow. I feel like I walk around saying "go ahead, look up close, yep - this is my skin". I love makeup but the single most frustrating thing I have found having dry skin is that all the foundations I have tried either look like I've not bothered to do anything (too light) or I have put my foundation on with a trowel - unattractive either way. This foundation is absolutely my favourite. In combination with my Marcelle BB SPF 20, this will last all day and needs only the tiniest touchup if any at all. It feels beautiful putting it on (I love watching my skin transform as I buff it on) and I only need a drop the size of a very small pea. I top it off with a bit of powder over my Tzone - it's really hot here right now - and then on to bronzer and mascara.

It smells like roses, which I love, and the prices is very reasonable compared to what I've paid for some that were duds for me. One of the bigger lines claim that all of their foundations "look like skin". Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua makes me happy every time I put it on.

EDIT at February 2014: Still a huge favourite in the sticky summer weather and a must have when I travel south. NOT good for me in the drier winter months, however. I look like my face is made of paper and is all wrinkly around my eyes. Still a beauty and one of my favourites, I just can't use it when there is no humidity in the air. This is a summer HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by woaifobs

I've been using this product for the past year. It really does it for me. Though it's pricey, I only use 1.5-2 pumps for my entire face. The way it makes the light bounce off my face blurs my blemishes and doesn't accentuate my pores. The fragrance is light and quite nice. Consistency is also perfect - not too liquidy and not too thick.

Coverage is light-medium but very buildable. It stays on through a 15 hour day no problem.

If you apply it for a night out on the town, your skin will look airbrushed without effort. I usually don't wear foundation, but on those days or nights that I need to look more polished, this is definitely my go-to foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by jdeb1968

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

.....I thought Estee Lauder Invisible was "it"for me - but this is THE bomb!!! I have oily - acne prone skin. This does not break me out.........it lasts all day (and I have 13+ hour work days) and it makes my pores/skin - look fantastic! This is THE best foundation.....must try!! I am NC20 and I wear B20 - looks flawless!