September 18, 2014 | 2060 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by thephoenixqueen

My favorite foundation. The coverage is very light, but what you're really paying for is the finish. Gorgeous. Also one of the most natural looking foundations you will find, which is important to me because I'm a high schooler and there is nothing more petty than having a cake face for going to school. It is fragranced though so it might cause problems for some people, but it hasn't for me. Even though it's overpriced and I'm a total cheapskate, I'll probably repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by iluvelt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After many years of looking for my foundation holy grail... I found it this summer. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. I have dry maturing skin and this gives me a very natural glow. I feel like I walk around saying "go ahead, look up close, yep - this is my skin". I love makeup but the single most frustrating thing I have found having dry skin is that all the foundations I have tried either look like I've not bothered to do anything (too light) or I have put my foundation on with a trowel - unattractive either way. This foundation is absolutely my favourite. In combination with my Marcelle BB SPF 20, this will last all day and needs only the tiniest touchup if any at all. It feels beautiful putting it on (I love watching my skin transform as I buff it on) and I only need a drop the size of a very small pea. I top it off with a bit of powder over my Tzone - it's really hot here right now - and then on to bronzer and mascara.

It smells like roses, which I love, and the prices is very reasonable compared to what I've paid for some that were duds for me. One of the bigger lines claim that all of their foundations "look like skin". Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua makes me happy every time I put it on.

EDIT at February 2014: Still a huge favourite in the sticky summer weather and a must have when I travel south. NOT good for me in the drier winter months, however. I look like my face is made of paper and is all wrinkly around my eyes. Still a beauty and one of my favourites, I just can't use it when there is no humidity in the air. This is a summer HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by woaifobs

I've been using this product for the past year. It really does it for me. Though it's pricey, I only use 1.5-2 pumps for my entire face. The way it makes the light bounce off my face blurs my blemishes and doesn't accentuate my pores. The fragrance is light and quite nice. Consistency is also perfect - not too liquidy and not too thick.

Coverage is light-medium but very buildable. It stays on through a 15 hour day no problem.

If you apply it for a night out on the town, your skin will look airbrushed without effort. I usually don't wear foundation, but on those days or nights that I need to look more polished, this is definitely my go-to foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by jdeb1968

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

.....I thought Estee Lauder Invisible was "it"for me - but this is THE bomb!!! I have oily - acne prone skin. This does not break me out.........it lasts all day (and I have 13+ hour work days) and it makes my pores/skin - look fantastic! This is THE best foundation.....must try!! I am NC20 and I wear B20 - looks flawless!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The price is just stupid for that small amount but omg worth it. I have some high profile jobs and this is worth it all to me. In a way I like the the fact that it's a small bottle so you can take it anywhere but then again, you get so little. This stuff is really remarkable. I just saw photos of myself with this plus a little Laura Mercier powder and I am sold sold sold.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Rebeccaxx24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation is definitely the best one I've ever tried for day time wear. The coverage is low-medium and it makes my skin look flawless every time I wear it and I have also received compliments on my skin when I have this on. Chanel suggest applying this with fingers but it also works well for me when using the RT Buffing brush. One of the most surprising things about this foundation is how well it lasts on my oily skin, by the end of the day I am a tad shiny in the t-zone but not too bad, when I come home by the end of the day my skin still looks great. Really happy with this foundation and love the packaging too its really small and compact, would definitely recommend and repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by kaaattteee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is easily the best foundation I have ever tried for everyday wear! The funny thing is, though some have pointed out that the foundation has a rather large amount of alcohol and other chemicals, I have found that it is the only foundation that does not break me out or irritate my skin; maybe it's because it is water-based. A little backstory (skip to the bottom if you don't like backstories)- I had gone through many different tubes of foundation, starting with CoverGirl Clean Oil Control (greasy horrible yet oddly flaky mess-only exacerbated my middle school years), MakeUp Forever HD liquid (orange, nasty, greasy- you knew it was my test if there was an orange thumbprint), Lancome Teint Idole Ultra (nice but very drying), Diorskin Nude (orange as heck, though I wanted to love this one!), Lancome Teint Miracle (the best prior to VA, but somewhat drying. A pretty good alternative; I still use it when I run out of the Chanel, as we don't have a counter in my town), and then I stumbled across a review of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua on YouTube! My other foundations were orangey and greasy (except for the Lancome's) and my acne vacillated between okay and gosh dang, that girl needs acne meds (which I have been using forever, btws). This stuff was like heaven in a tube!
The texture is very smooth; the foundation goes on like a liquid but dries to a powder. Again, I noticed that this is the only foundation that does not cause my acne to flare up. At first, when my acne was horrible, my pimples were still visible, due to the light coverage, if not a little blurry. This can easily be fixed with concealer, though! It evened out my skin tone beautifully, and fixed my combo skin, although when my skin is a little dehydrated it does sadly appear "broken up" on dry patches. What I loved when I first started wearing it was that everyone really thought that I suddenly by the grace of God had glowy, cherub skin. This stuff truly exemplifies the "your skin but better" label slapped onto these "skin perfecting" fluids. I haven't noticed any horrible oxidizing, and it lasts all school day until about noon, wherein it gets a litttttle oily and requires maybe a little powder and spot reapplication, if you have super oily skin. On a normal summer day in the super hot Texas heat, ironically, it lasts all day without the need for touch ups. I use it with Olay Complete spf 15 moisturizer for sensitive skin and Smashbox Photo Finish oil free primer, and normally do not put powder on top. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that you have a good chance of finding a color match, because Chanel has three color ranges (er, undertones? haha) for this foundation: Beige, Beige- Rose, and Ambre. Remember that you've got to shake it up well before you use it. Phew that was a ton! I hoped this review helped, and though this stuff is pretty pricey, it is most definitely a quality product and at least pick up a sample- you may fall in love with it, like I have! ❤

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by kaaattteee

The texture is very smooth; the foundation goes on like a liquid but dries to a powder. Again, I noticed that this is the only foundation that does not cause my acne to flare up. At first, when my acne was horrible, my pimples were still visible, due to the light coverage, if not a little blurry. This can easily be fixed with concealer, though! It evened out my skin tone beautifully, and fixed my combo skin, although when my skin is a little dehydrated it does sadly appear "broken up" on dry patches. What I loved when I first started wearing it was that everyone really thought that I suddenly by the grace of God had glowy, cherub skin. This stuff truly exemplifies the "your skin but better" label slapped onto these "skin perfecting" fluids. I haven't noticed any horrible oxidizing, and it lasts all school day until about noon, wherein it gets a litttttle oily and requires maybe a little powder and spot reapplication, if you have super oily skin. On a normal summer day in the super hot Texas heat, ironically, it lasts all day without the need for touch ups. I use it with Olay Complete spf 15 moisturizer for sensitive skin and Smashbox Photo Finish oil free primer, and normally do not put powder on top. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that you have a good chance of finding a color match, because Chanel has three color ranges (er, undertones? haha) for this foundation: Beige, Beige- Rose, and Ambre. Phew that was a ton! I hoped this review helped, and though this stuff is pretty pricey, it is most definitely a quality product and at least pick up a sample- you may fall in love with it, like I have! ❤

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the many foundation I have tried on my quest for finding anything that doesn't break out my super clog/breakout/oily prone skin. Problem is my skin among many with similar don't do well with alcohol, cones, cloggers etc that all these foundation are filled with. You would think formulas like this one would have more quality ingredients that don't break people out with problem skin but no such luck. I had high hopes as I really do love Chanel makeup but this foundation even as light and airy still is full of crap and way too much alcohol. I wish all the companies that make these light formulas would get their shit together and realize throwing alcohol in a product for people who are breakout prone doesn't do anything but dry us out and make us overproduce more oil. This seems to be every company's solution, hence why I have yet to find a foundation that doesn't make my skin oilier or worse by clogging it after wear. Big expensive fail!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Princesska

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although this foundations is very drying as it has quite a decent amount of alcohol in it, it does not produce a matte finish for those who have oily skin. My skin looks like my face has been sweating a bit. I prefer Armani Face Fabric to this foundation.