October 24, 2014 | 902 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by M1KEY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is amazing if you're looking for light-medium coverage with a natural finish. Almost like a stain for the face. I will say its a little bit had to blend but once its on it stays and it doesn't move or slide around or get gunky around the nose and it lasts. I will say this wears amazingly. I actually prefer the way it looks at like the 5-7 hour mark which isn't something i can say about any foundation. It just melts into the skin the more you wear it but the coverage is always there. This is amazing for those 10-12 hour days when you want a foundation to last but you don't want or need a medium-full coverage. You don't NEED to set this with a powder but I'll also say if you use powder use less than usual. It can tend to really grab onto powder, so use a little bit, or none at all. this foundation is made to last by itself even without powder. I prefer to not set it with powder at first but at the 5-7 mark i might dust a little bit of powder at that point. Love ~

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by donnaperez7

This is the best foundation I've used so far. I wouldn't say it's my HG but I definitely really like it. I have combo skin and I usually get oily around my t-zone. This foundation does a really good job and keeping the oil at bay for a long time. It is a bit thick but if you use a small amount with a damp sponge it can help sheer down the coverage. I do really like the finish it leaves though it doesn't look too cakey and when I see it on other people I can instantly tell their wearing it because it makes their skin look great without looking like they have a pound of makeup in their face! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2013 7:47:00 AM More reviews by spickles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation because other foundations literally slide off my face by 4pm (extrememly oily skin). I have a lot of acne scarring and this covered it nicely. It also solved the slipping sliding problem I have. I won't be purchasing this again though for a few reasons:
1. It feels too heavy on my skin
2. Tends to look orangish
3. Doesn't photograph well (think it has something to do with the spf)
4. Tends to highlight tiny skin coloured bumps that I have on my nose

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by BoandChica2

Really love this foundation. It can be a tad "thick" but I've always mixed it with another to thin it out. Always looks pretty natural and pretty flawless. Why only 4 lippies? Used to use it but stopped bc I thought it was breaking me out. Started using it again and it has REALLY messed up my skin :( May be ok for others but definitely not for me. I found the same thing with their Blot Powder. Whatever it is in Mac cosmetics is not for me. It your skin is "tough" try it. Just not for us more sensitive types.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by KhaylaMagan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite foundation! It's great for oily skin, which is what I have. It stays on in the heat and humidity so that's a plus for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by angeluv178

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Didn't really care for this foundation. I didn't like how it looked nor the feeling of it on my skin. This might work if you want a full coverage, but for me I don't like the heavy makeup feeling. I switched to Estée Lauder Double Wear line and loving it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by B0nniiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wish I could really truly love this product...but I can't. Although it lives up to its name in the "long wear" department, it definitely did not work with my skin. I'm having some pretty bad acne problems right now...crazy because I rarely breakout if anything once - every two months. And it's one small tiny pimple. Right now I have pimples every where on my left cheek, fore head, and one on my chin...wtf!?!? First time I've ever reacted badly to any facial products. I'm usually really good, and my skin doesn't react at all, so this is just surprising and sad. I wouldn't recommend this to well anyone, although it gives you the coverage and the does last awhile, I'm sure with the right primer anything will work better this. Its so painful that i've even stocked up on acne facial cleansers. Sighs...oh Mac, I wish we could've worked out ...but oh how I loathe you and your harsh foundation!!!! Terrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Lilgrlannika

I usually buy the studio fix foundation, but I heard good reviews bout this one. Considering its a long wear foundation, I thought it'd be a good buy since i love my makeup to stay on for long hours. anyway I have very dry skin, so I usually moisturize my face before putting on this foundation, but it still left dry patches and looked a bit cakey even when I applied very little. A bit disappointed, Cus this foundation isn't one for me. But I'm sure it works great for other people. I will be going back to the studio fix. Love Mac but this didn't work for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by mbori

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for over 2 years now, I really like it. It lasts for a long time, tested it several times in >35°C temperatures, it stays put. At the end of the day my skin does look oilier than in the morning, but I can still get away without blotting or powdering. I do not use any powder with foundation, I don't feel the need.
I find it kind of tricky to get it on perfectly. It dries fast, so I work it in to my skin in smaller areas. On me it looks best about 1 hour after application. Sometimes I use my fingers, or a buffing or foundation brush - but strictly a super clean one.
It's hard to take it off completely, takes a lot of time, and quite impossible to get it out the makeup brush. I use NC15-20.
Overall I think this is a really great product. Does not transfer on clothes at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by laylajeanMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin and this foundation surprisingly applies really nicely on my skin. First I put it on with my fingers to warm up the product, and then I blend and pat it in with a beauty blender. I get a near flawless finish. Not too matte looking and definitely not dewy, I'd say it has more of a satin/slightly matte finish.
HOWEVER, I am very very fair and the lightest shade, NC15, is basically orange on me. If this was lighter I would probably repurchase. I am NC15 in all MAC foundations and I've never had any issues. For some reason NC15 in prolongwear runs darker. SUCH a bummer. However I am not into the pumpkin look haha. I even tried mixing it with a much lighter foundation but it ruined the finish and the orange color still showed through, very odd.

Also, after about 5 hours this foundation starts to look kind of dry and cakey, probably because it is so longwearing, the stuff does not budge. It's really only noticable if you are right in front of my face though. I'd say this is better for more oily skin types, even though it applies easily, on my dry skin it ends up looking cracked and very dry after a few hours. For dry skinned girls, there are much better options out there.