April 16, 2014 | 1705 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I have this thing were every pay check I get I need to buy at least 30$ in cosmetics, and this made the shopping list and I'm glad it did! I just got it from MAC and I just did my makeup (date night :D) and it looks beautiful! It looks flawless and natural! I used a lancome 2way cake brush for this (not available anymore) so maybe that's why it looks so good! Packaging is pretty good too :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by HausOfMusic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is really good. It really does the job at controlling oily skin, so good it might be a bit drying. It lasts for a very long time. It has very good coverage and matte. Not amazing, not bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by GoonerGirl

Finally found my HG foundation!!!!
I bought it in NC30 and its a really good match (goes on a bit orange but it does settle down after a short while)
Its full coverage, it is a bit thick but I usually sheer it out with a moisturiser and apply it with a brush. For me, it works really well, I love the coverage and the texture.
It lasts really well, I have combination skin, but if you have super oily skin you will have to blot or powder.
I am usually a bit paler in the winter so it does look a teensy bit dark, but blending it well usually rectifies that issue.
I haven't had any major oxidation issues so far, and it doesn't look orange on my face (as can be the case with some MAC foundations)
Very pleased with this, and I'm glad I bought it. Will definitely repurchase in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE 7/3/13 I retract anything negative I said about this foundation. I'm an avid "I bought it so I will use it up" makeup junkie, if a product doesn't destroy my skin I will use it until its gone even if I'm not in love with it. After switching my setting powder to MAC Mineralize Skin Finish, which is now my HG powder of all time, it was a game changer for the Pro Longwear. Apparently this foundation didn't play well with my old powder and now I absolutely LOVE this foundation and will repurchase. On days when I want a full face of makeup, this is the best combo I've ever tried. Not only is the coverage flawless, the texture and staying power are amazing. I do have to blot midway thru the day, but my oily skin does not break it down, it never looks blotchy and never becomes cakey. There is something to be said about the way products of the same brand work together and compliment each other. I recommend this combo to anyone with oily aging skin as it works better than any other 2 products together that I've ever tried.

After trying the Studio fix Fluid and having issues with it breaking me out, I purchased this foundation believing it would mimic Revlon Colorstay. Applied well, set to a nice matte finish, color ran a bit darker than the Stufiofix in NC35, all was great until about midway thru the day. This foundation does not hold up on my oily skin as well as colorstay. I used the same setting powder and the Pro Long Wear broke down and became blotchy. It did not break me out and when I am only wearing makeup for a few hours I can ear this to use up the bottle but sadly, its another MAC foundation that didn't work for my skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by heatpaz

OMG I love this! I never had acne until these past 3 years when I started college , work , and I started to stress a lot. I've tried so many foundations , from drugstore to high end ..you name it! And they would all make me break out . It got to the point where the sides of my face were filled with acne & it would hurt. Pro long wear has made my acne go away & has also made my scars fade. :))) I LOVE macs pro long wear. It stays on all day and I don't need to touch up my makeup. I set it with the MAC mineralized skin finish. I use a home made setting spray and I'm good to go! I have combination skin, oily on my cheeks and dry underneath my eyes. This controls it. Also, I've been using this foundation for 2 months (yes that short of a time and it's helped a lot! ) and I noticed that it works better if you use a thick face moisturizer (I use the Cetaphil moisturizer ) this makes it glide on like butter. The coverage is medium but build-able. I will definitely be using this for a VERY LONG TIME! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by QueenofHeartsx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got matched to NC40 and bought it on the spot because they were out of tester pots. Unfortunately it's a touch too dark/yellow, if I repurchase I'll likely get NC35.
I apply moisturizer, then Estee Lauder matte primer to my nose where I tend to get oily. I mix one pump of this with one pump of Maybelline Fit Me founation in shade 210 (a shade too light for me). Coverage is medium buildable, beautiful finish, lasting coverage (good 8 hours of flawless wear, no touchups) i never leave foundation on longer than that but I'm sure it would last. Looking forward to see how it lasts during the summer days.

Overall a really great foundation, will repurchase as backup while i'm trying other brands.

EDIT: have been trying numerous other brands, nothing compares to this when it comes to longevity and shade range. Straying away from ProLongwear for a short while has made me realize what an amazing product this is, i dont need a setting spray or a powder, nor have i ever felt the need to touch this foundation up during the day. I'll be repurchasing both NC30 and NC40 and mixing the two shades with my Maybelline Fit Me in 210/220. HG foundation right here.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by longbeach

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG foundation. It evens out my skin tone and gives a flawless finish. It stays put pretty well. I've been wearing this daily for about a year. Occasionally I'll try something new, but for me, nothing is as good as this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by WenChriste2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I thought I'd give MAC a try. I'm 46 and was willing to spend extra in hopes it would work magic... After all I was handing the company an arm and leg.
Althought its full coverage, they sold me a foundation that, in my humble opinion, was not any better than my drug store Revlon and for boo-koo bucks more. In fact, I like how Revlon, it covers better and without the 2 brushes they suggested priced in essence of over $60 total.
Needless to say, if its possible I'm returning it.
I was disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I like this foundation for my skin type. I have a very oily skin type and this was recommended to me by the sales associate. It does hold up for a long time, longer than other brands, but doesn't last longer than 8 hours on me. Still, thats an improvement. It also tends to crease up around the nose and mouth at the end of the day. I have no idea why MAC foundations do that. I use a primer and don't deal with that issue as much as other higher end brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by tst0204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been on a hunt for a new foundation, because I've been looking kind of pale due to the winter months. Prior to this, I purchased a Smashbox's Studio Skin in 2.4 (which I will probably right another separate review about). While Studio Skin worked fine enough, I wasn't really satisfied with the coverage. I have used many different MAC foundations in the past, and I am typically satisfied but always upgrading to new ones. So far this foundation is my favorite of their foundation line! I applied this foundation with a beauty blender sponge, and it applied wonderfully. It's super smooth and feels great on my skin. It is indeed a long wear blush, so it is a little thicker than other liquid foundations - which is fine bc I can use a lot less product and get the same/better results. The MAC artist informed me that this foundation is SPF 2? Which I thought was a weird random number. I looked up the foundation online and it seems like the real SPF is 10 - this isn't labeled anywhere on the packaging though. Regardless, I was looking for a foundation that had less SPF in it, bc Smashbox has been megiving issues with the white cast aka ghost face from camera flashes. I set this foundation with MAC's Mineralized SkinFinish in Medium Dark - and I have had no problems with the white cast. I am very satisfied with this foundation:)