August 1, 2014 | 1866 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by adipose

I have been using this product pretty consistently for 3-4 years. I have no complaints. I am satisfied; it does the job.
I'm not sure I'd rhapsodize it's omg amazing HG life-changing etc., but compared to all the other moisturizers I've tried, this is certainly the best overall, and among the least expensive---jar lasts me ~4 months(?)---so I have little incentive to switch up my routine.
For me, the best thing is that it feels very light and absorbs quickly (but is also sufficiently moisturizing, obviously; I use it night and day), even when I slather it on. Also, I am rather fond of the smell, and the cooling sensation, though I hear that's supposed to be bad for your skin.....(for the record, I do not have dry skin; I'd venture to guess that this product might not be moisturizing enough for super dry skin?)
Packaging could definitely be improved.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Sarrellie

LOVE! Yeah, I know it is a jar and that isn't ideal if you're into being all hygienic. But I am willing to look past that because this is amazingness for so cheap! I have oily but dehydrated skin due to acne medication. So I will have dry skin with oil sitting on top of it. I wanted something to moisturize but not make me more oily. I found out that Clinique Moisture Surge was amazing for my skin type but I went through that stuff fast and it was SOO expensive. So then I heard that the Garnier Moisture Rescue in the jar was exactly like the Clinique version so I gave it a try. Omg it is almost the exact same stuff but where I get it the price is around 5 dollar compared to the 48 dollars for the clinique one. It is so refreshing to put on and it sinks in almost immediately. It isn't fragrance free but the smell is very faint and fresh smelling. I can't see the smell bothering many people. Obviously this lotion won't do much for those with dry skin but if you have combo or oily skin definitely try this out!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by emilyannh

I have just slathered this on my face for the first time and I am pretty positive this will be HG status for me (if it doesn't break me out, of course.) I put it on right after I got out of the shower, and since I am going to bed I used a bit more than I would usually use... I absolutely love the texture. It is like a thin gel consistency. Does not feel heavy or greasy on my skin at all. There is a scent, but it is kind of like a natural "cool" smell... like cucumbers. Not like a heavy perfume that is going to make my face erupt in cystic acne like most scented products. While it absorbs it feels cool on your skin. Afterwards my skin felt ridiculously smooth and soft and I felt like it wasn't as blotchy as it usually is. I can't wait to see how it acts under my makeup tomorrow. As far as the packaging goes I think it could stand to be in a pump, but as long as I can get it for around $8 I am not complaining.

As far as all this freaking out over the ingredients... you can read the ingredients in a ton of products and find reason to panic. For instance, the bread they use on the McRib sandwich is made out of the same materials they use in yoga mats. You can't escape it. I think if the alcohol were that bad someone on here would have had a reaction. There are too many good reviews. My skin feels sooooo soft. Not drying at all.

Edit: Scratch everything I said. I used this night and day for a few weeks and, while my skin felt baby butt soft after each use and I never had any breakouts, I didn't use it for a day or two and my skin was SO dry. I started peeling even. Now, I do have combination skin leaning towards the dry end of the spectrum, but other than some flakies around my nose and some tightness right after I wash my face it is not that bad. Especially in the 108+ degree Tennessee summer. No. My skin was like dead-of-winter-can't-smile-without-my-face-bleeding dry. Ew. This is now sitting under my bathroom sink with all my other "failed HG" products that I can't seem to throww out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Kkate142

This moisterizer is just plain amazing. It feels nice when you first put it on your skin, and DOES actually moisterize, leaving your skin soft and supple.I love the3 color of this moisterizer to, it is like a pale mint green and it looks so cool.It also smells wonderful.I would totally reccommmend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by PeacefulDream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the fact that this moisturizer soothes redness! The texture and scent is also reall nice, the only con is that my face gets kinda greasy during the middle of the day when I use this moisturizer. I think this would be a good moisturizer for people with drier skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by BizzyBunny

One of the few gel creams out on the US market. Its great, light and refreshing. It soaks in and doesnt linger. Great for summertime. I havent used it under makeup yet...but going to try that next. my husband likes this product a lot because it isnt girly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by 247swimchick9

First of all, i have really dry skin. A friend recommended this product to me, and I am so glad that she did! I was a little skeptical about it being like a gel-since people with more oily skin tend to use gel lotions, but i bought it anyway (for about $8 at CVS). It almost looks like a liquidy jello, but once you rub it in to your skin, it automatically makes your skin feel smooth, and supple-my skin absorbed it right up! Its such a lovely product, that absorbs right into your skin, and actually STAYS. I feel like creme lotions kinda just stay on the top of my skin, and doesn't actually soak in to it. This is definitely one to try. Plus the product has a nice light scent to it as well, it is definitely not overpowering smell, and actually is a soothing/calming smell thats very fresh-an "fresh out of the shower" kinda smell. All in all, i definitely recommend this(:

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by langway

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My mom's pretty big into the coupon craze and constantly comes home with stuff that she got for cheap. She came home with the entire Moisture Rescue line one day and I decided to try it. Ever since I went on birth control 2 years ago, my face has been really dry and nothing has worked in keeping it hydrated. Sometimes it gets so dry it hurts to lay my head on my pillow to go to sleep. This moisturizer has saved my life.

It feels absolutely refreshing when I put it on. I use this morning and night and yes, I do use this under my makeup and it works fabulously. Normally, foundation cakes up on me no matter how little I use or no matter what foundation I'm using, but this moisturizer really helps my foundation go on nice and smooth. My face feels moisturized all day after using and it smells like fresh cucumbers.

I love this product. Definitely my holy grail moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by groovymutation

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wasn't expecting this to be moisturizing enough, given that my skin's a little peely this days from week 3 of Retin-A -- but it actually ended up being magnificent! I use it 2-3 times a day (in the morning, mid-afternoon if I feel dry, and in the evening an hour after applying Retin-A) and it never makes my skin feel oily. I've also not had any break-outs at all, though I'm not sure if that's due to the Retin-A, or if I have the non-comedogenic properties of this moisturizer to thank.

Either way, I'm impressed and definitely plan to buy this moisturizer again. I love the gel format, and it even smells very clean and crisp.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Gryffin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay so first I HAVE to comment on a previous contributors rating. They said that alcohol denat (aka alcohol denatured) is horrible for the skin I guess because its in paint thinner and that it is drying. Well it is probably used in this product because it enhances absorption into the skin, thus enhancing the penetration of the moisturizing ingredients. The jury is still out on whether or not alcohol denatured causes serious issues such as cancer and cell death, but people might be surprised to hear that a LOT of skin care ingredients are still in that iffy category - and food additives as well. I could go through the whole list of ingredients and say what else they're used for, and probably make some folks gasp because it has something in common with, say, biodiesel. For instance, glycerin, the second ingredient, is used in a type of antifreeze and is used to make nitroglycerin - so maybe we will explode if we use anything with glycerin in it??? I think not. Please leave the science to the scientists!
What is important is to find out if this product works for you; maybe it is too drying, but maybe it will work great! There is no point in making people scared with sensationalized if-so fact-o data. If you are truely concerned with safety in products, look into the real research and decide for yourself. Don't spread irrationality!
My experience with this product was pretty good, it was very refreshing and moisturizing, but I do have very oily skin. I actually think it might be a little too moisturizing for me, so I only use it at night.
Sorry for my little rant, but lately I have noticed more and more people using misguided information to make illogical conclusions about products that they have tried.
Ciao y'all from Alabama!