July 25, 2014 | 2031 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Kkate142

This moisterizer is just plain amazing. It feels nice when you first put it on your skin, and DOES actually moisterize, leaving your skin soft and supple.I love the3 color of this moisterizer to, it is like a pale mint green and it looks so cool.It also smells wonderful.I would totally reccommmend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by PeacefulDream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the fact that this moisturizer soothes redness! The texture and scent is also reall nice, the only con is that my face gets kinda greasy during the middle of the day when I use this moisturizer. I think this would be a good moisturizer for people with drier skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by BizzyBunny

One of the few gel creams out on the US market. Its great, light and refreshing. It soaks in and doesnt linger. Great for summertime. I havent used it under makeup yet...but going to try that next. my husband likes this product a lot because it isnt girly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by 247swimchick9

First of all, i have really dry skin. A friend recommended this product to me, and I am so glad that she did! I was a little skeptical about it being like a gel-since people with more oily skin tend to use gel lotions, but i bought it anyway (for about $8 at CVS). It almost looks like a liquidy jello, but once you rub it in to your skin, it automatically makes your skin feel smooth, and supple-my skin absorbed it right up! Its such a lovely product, that absorbs right into your skin, and actually STAYS. I feel like creme lotions kinda just stay on the top of my skin, and doesn't actually soak in to it. This is definitely one to try. Plus the product has a nice light scent to it as well, it is definitely not overpowering smell, and actually is a soothing/calming smell thats very fresh-an "fresh out of the shower" kinda smell. All in all, i definitely recommend this(:

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by langway

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My mom's pretty big into the coupon craze and constantly comes home with stuff that she got for cheap. She came home with the entire Moisture Rescue line one day and I decided to try it. Ever since I went on birth control 2 years ago, my face has been really dry and nothing has worked in keeping it hydrated. Sometimes it gets so dry it hurts to lay my head on my pillow to go to sleep. This moisturizer has saved my life.

It feels absolutely refreshing when I put it on. I use this morning and night and yes, I do use this under my makeup and it works fabulously. Normally, foundation cakes up on me no matter how little I use or no matter what foundation I'm using, but this moisturizer really helps my foundation go on nice and smooth. My face feels moisturized all day after using and it smells like fresh cucumbers.

I love this product. Definitely my holy grail moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by groovymutation

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wasn't expecting this to be moisturizing enough, given that my skin's a little peely this days from week 3 of Retin-A -- but it actually ended up being magnificent! I use it 2-3 times a day (in the morning, mid-afternoon if I feel dry, and in the evening an hour after applying Retin-A) and it never makes my skin feel oily. I've also not had any break-outs at all, though I'm not sure if that's due to the Retin-A, or if I have the non-comedogenic properties of this moisturizer to thank.

Either way, I'm impressed and definitely plan to buy this moisturizer again. I love the gel format, and it even smells very clean and crisp.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Gryffin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay so first I HAVE to comment on a previous contributors rating. They said that alcohol denat (aka alcohol denatured) is horrible for the skin I guess because its in paint thinner and that it is drying. Well it is probably used in this product because it enhances absorption into the skin, thus enhancing the penetration of the moisturizing ingredients. The jury is still out on whether or not alcohol denatured causes serious issues such as cancer and cell death, but people might be surprised to hear that a LOT of skin care ingredients are still in that iffy category - and food additives as well. I could go through the whole list of ingredients and say what else they're used for, and probably make some folks gasp because it has something in common with, say, biodiesel. For instance, glycerin, the second ingredient, is used in a type of antifreeze and is used to make nitroglycerin - so maybe we will explode if we use anything with glycerin in it??? I think not. Please leave the science to the scientists!
What is important is to find out if this product works for you; maybe it is too drying, but maybe it will work great! There is no point in making people scared with sensationalized if-so fact-o data. If you are truely concerned with safety in products, look into the real research and decide for yourself. Don't spread irrationality!
My experience with this product was pretty good, it was very refreshing and moisturizing, but I do have very oily skin. I actually think it might be a little too moisturizing for me, so I only use it at night.
Sorry for my little rant, but lately I have noticed more and more people using misguided information to make illogical conclusions about products that they have tried.
Ciao y'all from Alabama!

29 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by cookiekekekee

I like this... I am on my second jar... And now I've read the other reviews and they scare me... Now, I'm starting to question whether or not that spontaneous breakout session a couple months back could have something to do with this, but there are numerous other things that could have contributed to that...

Generally, I do love this gel. The post about ingredients being in paint thinner or something, really scared me though :\

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by lindseyxx

This moisturizer works very well so far. Cools my skin and doesn't clog my pores (thank god). But I did some research and found out it was tested on animals. Will not be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by justactrygal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the worst stuff you could put on your face ladies. I just bought this and didn't have my glasses on to read the ingredients . So figured well its moisture rescue so shouldn't have no alcohol in it..put it on my face and nothing absorbs in the skin that fast . I new I was sucker punched..wow only thing that can dry that fast is alcohol ..get home and look at the ingredients and yes the 3rd ingredient is alcohol denat ....omg why would you put this crap on your face its the same stuff they use for paint thinner..keep using this stuff and you will look old at a younger age ..what a joke..it will dry your face out ..how can they call it moisture recuse. They put that in there so you think its absorbs in the skin when its not its drys as fast as it hits air..and on your face..can't believe everyone loves this they got you fooled