December 20, 2014 | 1648 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by FallenWish

Goodness, I don't know where all these great reviews are coming from. This product was terrible. ): My skin did not absorb it at all and it just sat on top of my skin and did nothing but dried it out, it seemed. The bottle was totally cute and it smelled great, but it did not do anything for me. Overall, I'm not a big Garnier fan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Been using this for a while and I have to admit I really like it. First of all, i LOVE the smell. It smells like apples or grapes and its really refreshing. I'm a fan of gel moisturizers and this one is one of the nicest in my opinion. It absorbs fast into my skin, doesn't leave me feeling oily and doesn't leave a greasy residue on my skin. Feels very soft and smooth. Doesn't really make acne any better or worse. It has never broken me out but it doesn't really help acne either but it's not made as an acne moisturizer so I expected that. As for the packaging I wish it had come in a pump bottle or even a squeeze tube. I don't like having to put my fingers in the jar and dig out what I want. It's hard to go the right amount that way and it's kind of messy. Hard to travel with because I'm pretty sure it's a glass jar and would definitely break if dropped. Also the ingredients aren't that great for your skin. Apparently it has alcohol in it which isn't very comforting. I would be even more of a fan if it had better or more natural ingredients. I always have to think twice about buying it because of that. However, it's never hurt my skin yet but maybe over time it will. Not sure. I will continue to use this until I find something better. Overall it is a nice product, just gonna keep an eye out for other things. Wouldnt call this a holy grail.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Claudy21

I was looking for an actual moistureizer that didn't leave my skin super oily. I mostly use this at night before going to bed. My face has never looked better. My eye area is always super dry and this has def helped it. Everytime I see it on sale I make super to stock up. A lil goes a long way :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by irvinjon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd like to like this coz its refreshing and doesnt clog my pores or cause acne. the ingridients is bad for your skin , coz it has alcohol denature in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by lullabella

I looove this, it is so refreshing and light and perfect for my oily skin :D I can't even explain how soothing this feels on a hot day. also, my make up goes on so nice and smooth over top and because it's a watery oil free gel, my make up stays matte for way longer! I just used up my 3rd jar of it.
buut after reading one of the reviews below, I realized that this moisturizer is the reason that my sunscreens don't go on smoothly anymore. I was wondering why the sudden change in my sunscreens haha but it's not a problem for me, I only use this when I know I will be indoors all day. If I need spf I use the aveeno moisturizers.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by xChocobunny

I really like this moisturizer! I have combo skin (normal-dry cheek with an oily t-zone) and it manages to keep both types of skin feeling plump and moisturized. A little bit of this goes a long way. It has a light pleasent scent and goes on really smoothly. I have only used this as a nighttime moisturizer and therefore have not tried this under my makeup (I use Garnier's moisture rescue with spf15 in the morning under my makeup). It is really light on the skin, but keeps it moisturized and plump throught the night and even until I woke up. Upon application there is a slight cooling sensation.
The only con I can think of is the packaging. It's not that hygenic as you have to dip your fingers in, but I can see the problem if the added a pump- it would exert too much product. It is also in a glass jar, it could chip and break which would just really suck. Would totally buy again for $6 as you do not need that much product for the face.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by noname4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like it over sunscreen or after I shower/wash my face and I don't need to apply sunscreen or other products. I sometimes use it at night when I don't want something heavier or when it is hot and I want something cool and light. I think for the price it is a great option.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by elleLace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'd like to say that I love Garnier products. I love their toners, washes, shampoos, you name it. My skin usually likes their stuff a lot and I have very sensitive skin, so finding something that doesn't irritate is nice. Unfortunately, this moisturizing gel hit a miss. I don't know what exactly is in it. (I read the ingredient list and it was mostly stuff that had awful chemical names, which surprised me. I looked up a few and they were "synthetic" chemicals in replacement of real ones. After using it for 2 or 3 days straight I think it started to give me a bit of a rash.
Although, I'd like to say this stuff applied uniquely. I think it went on light, thin, spread easy with very little product. I don't feel like it moisturized much for me, but if you have oily skin, this stuff would be great for you! It really is thin and not greasy one bit.
It has a nice refreshing scent but it has a "cooling" ingredient which is a synthetic form of menthol which I dislike the feeling of greatly.
One last thing, I couldn't wear this stuff under my BB creams. (I know I didn't have to but sometimes I forgot.) It would clump up and get a weird texture and just didn't blend at all. I'd assume it would be the same with a SPF lotion. Terrible.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Makeupprincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Well, I was seeking a cheaper product and this missed the mark! It did not work well with a sunscreen and I tried several. Very disappointing so I will stick with my more expensive moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to say this is the best moisturizer I have ever used. I have oily, acne prone skin. Every moisturizer I have ever tried has either irritated, broken me out, left me an oil slick, or done absolutely nothing. This leaves me with wonderfully soft hydrated skin that lasts for hours... put on before bed my skin is still soft the next morning. It does not break me out, leaves a natural non-greasy finish on my skin, does not increase oil production during the day, and wears fantastic under makeup. It dries to a smooth non-tacky finish, and feels like nothing is on your face. The texture is a cream-gel, which sounds weird, but is the most accurate I can think of. It's definitely gel, but slightly thick, slightly opaque, and will not run or drip. A little goes a long way, one dip of the tip of my finger will do my whole face... so it lasts a long time. Very cooling and refreshing, it feels like your skin just took a drink of water. Light fresh scent. Does not irritate your eyes, or taste bad.

The packaging is a glass container with a screw on top, I find it convenient but some may have a problem with the fact that you have to dip out the product. Since I apply it right after I clean my face and hands it doesn't bother me. Retails for around $10-$12, but is often on sale or has coupons available.