February 27, 2015 | 1795 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

I have been really impressed with all of the Garnier face products I have tried so far. I use the Gel Cream as a night time moisturizer, its very light but very hydrating and refreshing. I would like it better if it was in a tube or in a pump bottle like the Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion. A little bit goes a long way, I dip my ring finger in the jar, and then dot the product on both cheeks, forhead/chin and then spread around my entire face. The product is a bit pricey, but if you only use a little each time, it can last for a while, so for about 8$ I think its a decent value.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by mnarea90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've bought probably 10 jars of this moisturizer so far - it's great!! It feels so refreshing! I think I use too much of it though because I go through a jar every 3 weeks or so, and unfortunately it is somewhat expensive (regularly priced about $8 or $9 but I can get it on sale for $7). Besides the price, the only problem I have with this moisturizer is the packaging. I hate that it's in a jar; it would be so much nicer in a tube! I think I'm going to try the new pink version for dry skin though to see if it works better since I do have quite dry skin - maybe I won't have to use so much then.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by PandaMonsterKate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love this product. It feels light and thin, but packs a surprising amount of moisture into my skin, so it feels quenched without leaving a heavy residue. It kind of sucks that there's no sunscreen, but I use makeup with SPF, so problem solved? I know jars aren't the most sanitary packaging, but I like being able to reach the bottom so none of it is wasted. This also does wonders for my t-zone and my boyfriend's oily skin! This is our go-to moisturizer now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Ruby2003

This moisture gel is a great product for summer. It's light and fresh. It works well for my combination skin. Quickly absorbs and has a light refreshing scent. It was priced at $8.00 or so at my local drug store and came in a more expensive looking glass jar. I am taking points off for that. That jar is very appealing, however I tend not to like jars for sanitary reasons and wish it was plastic as glass would shatter all over my marble floor. I am on my second jar so it's definitely something I would purchase again in summer months.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by jacqc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Me: oily-combo and semi clog-prone. I bought this because I heard it was a dupe for my beloved Clinique moisture surge at a fraction of then cost. I have to say it's not quite a dupe. Compared to moisture surge, this is thinner/more "gel" than "cream." It's also not as moisturizing as moisture surge. It also absorbs within seconds and leaves no sticky or greasy feeling. This would've worked great for me for summer had it not broken me out. It was the only change I made in my skincare routine and I got two cystic breakouts - one on the side of my nose and one on the non-phone-using side of my face/cheek. It cost me ~$7 at Target, much better than the ~$45 for moisture surge, but I won't repurchase because it's not moisturizing enough and it broke me out. This would be good for very oily-skinned people. I might try the dry skin version (pink one) instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by OhhhDarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG daytime moisturizer. It is so light and applies on to skin so easily (and with such a small amount, too!). I apply this in the morning before applying my makeup. It makes my skin feel smooth without being too heavy or greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Angelistic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the product thinking it would help with my skin, which is sensitive-acne prone-combination. This product made my skin feel smoother, and softer by morning. However, it did not do anything for my acne, or t-zone.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by kittyandtito

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought this was such a cool idea, especially in the summer for my oily skin. I was so excited about this product and even used it for about 3 weeks, but the fact was that it left my skin dry looking, made my makeup look cakey and made me breakout into multiple large cystic acne. My face looked terrible. Never again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I, too, do not understand all the good reviews for this. I needed a moisturizer...key word there is 'Moisturizer'. This is not hydrating at all. I thought the packaging looked nice, was sucked in by the marketing/advertising...and the fact it was a gel. I kept it in the fridge which made it feel amazing going on..nice cold gel. But that's where the positives end. It doesn't feel moisturizing once on, it feels more like I put toner on my face. Didn't soften, hydrate, improve appearance, or anything. After 3 days of using my face was SUPER dry and I ended up buying Olay Complete Sensitive Skin Moisturizer instead. The gel idea is interesting, but I really do not get how this is classified as a moisturizer...it's anything but.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by hobbygolightly

I love the way this product makes my skin look and feel. Smooth and clear without any oil. I don't love that it contains alcohol, but it doesn't dry my skin out so I should get over it. Unhygienic packaging, but if you use it with clean hands, as I do, you shouldn't have a problem. I just use it under my eyes and on my cheeks during the day and all over my face at night. It doesn't break me out either. My skin looks better than it has in a long time.