September 17, 2014 | 1825 users online

Hair Treatments - Garnier - Blow Dry Perfector

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by ValleyGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had a completely different experience with this product! I just finished blow drying my hair after the process, and while it's not perfectly smooth, I attribute that to my lack of prowess with a brush and hair dryer.

It looks 100% better than my standard job when I use product such as Biosilk and Moroccan Oil to help smooth it down. I had no problem with the application (though it is super stinky) and my hair isn't damaged by it at all.

It should be said that while my hair is colored (a darker brown shade than it normally is), I haven't colored any part of it but the roots since January. It is fairly long, and on the dry side.

I will definitely use this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by mom2go

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

UPDATE I wanted to let everyone that I did, indeed need to cut 4 inches of my hair off. My hair is still deeply damaged all the way up the shaft. Every night I am using a different conditioning cream with my new best friend -- the heat cap.

Regarding some of the recent reviews, I wanted to make clear that: I am not employed in the beauty industry -- this review is my true, unfortunate, real-life experience. Also, I did read the box and the instructions. If I had not, I wouldn't have written this review. (If you don't read the instructions, you can't be mad at the company if their product melts your hair.) My original review follows:

I wanted to give everyone a "heads-up" (ha!) about this product. Short story: Disaster. I will have to cut off at least 4-5 inches of hair.

Me: 40-something, color-treated coarse hair. Before this product, my hair was in B- condition -- dry-ish but shiny. Thick, wavy, slightly longer than shoulder length.

This product promises to smooth your hair (for up to 7 shampoos). I read the box before I bought it. It said: Safe for color-treated hair. From everything I could read / see on the box, I was good to go.

There are 2 creams in the kit. The first you rinse out after 20 minutes, and the second you leave in. The first cream smells horrible -- like the old Lilt Perms. (This should have been my first clue.) I followed the instructions, rinsed out the first cream, and applied the second. This is when I realized that something was very, very wrong. My hair was GOOEY. When I pulled on it, pieces broke off.

I thought I hadn't rinsed the the first cream out well enough, so I re-rinsed my hair for a good long time, and re-applied the 2nd cream. It was like my hair had melted. It was breaking off by the handsful (yes, no hyperbole, handsful of hair). I tried to blowdry it, as the instructions state that you have to blow dry your hair to activate the product. I gave up after 5 minutes or so because my hair was so very, very fried.

For the last 2 days I've tried every conditioner from coconut oil to Ojon Deep Conditioner, and nothing is repairing this damage. It took me 10 minutes this morning to comb my hair because of the nasty tangles and breakage.

This is the worst experience I've ever had with a beauty product. Bar none. Full stop. The Garnier marketing /product development people must be asleep at the wheel. continued >>

43 out of 45 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No