October 23, 2014 | 2007 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole Fresh Wear

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by saabgirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product, and I did not expect to!
I have combination, aging skin, and need buildable coverage for problem areas. I like my foundation to last. And because I have oily areas, it is difficult to find foundations that last, look natural, and provide decent coverage. This one does it all! It is the best foundation I have tried in a looong time. It helped tremendously that I had a counter person who matched my skin color well and recommended this product for me. Many counter people have NO CLUE! I thought that this product would not give decent coverage but it does, plus looks natural. I use it with La Base and it looks even smoother. It would provide lasting coverage even without La Base. La Base adds smoothness and lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by simplething1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I switched from wearing the Teint Idole Ultra to this after I saw the advertising for it. I love that it is a bit lighter and the fact that it has spf 15 in it! It is perfect for summer and I will continue to wear it in the fall and winter, as well! It feels so silky and lightweight, and yet it gives moderate coverage. My skin is fairly sensitive, too, and no breakouts or irritation with this, either. It is my new favorite foundation! I wear Ivoire 2C and it is a great match for my fair complexion without washing me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by gardenia777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It's so light, but provides great, buildable coverage. It stays on all day, doesn't separate and makes my pores non-existent. It glides on very silky and gives a pretty, satin like glow. I wear Buff 5C and it's a perfect neutral shade--love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDTE: I like this fdt. a lot. Today I applied it on clean, dry skin (no primer, no nothing) and the coverage was MUCH better. Also, it doesn't look masky at all. No dryness, no line. Great stuff!

I give this 5 lippies for one very impressive reason. It is the first fdt. that says you can build up for more coverage and you actually get MORE COVERAGE, not more obvious pores. Amazing. I got a sample at Sephora. I tried it but I did not like the sheer coverage. I don't usually "build up" because it just builds up in my pores while the coverage remains unsatisfactory. This is the first time that doesn't happen. This time I actually got more coverage. And it didn't look masky.

I agree with other posters that this fdt. does not have a matte finish. Still, it's a nice dewy finish, not an oil slick (like Stila's TM). That's because while the product does have dimethicone, it's not stiff with the muck. Anyway, I always set my fdt.with powder, so this is not be an issue. I tried it today. I set it with powder and sprayed Urban Decay's All Nighter on top. I am VERT PLEASED with the results.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by mna2006lp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

EDIT: Had to return the item. Staying power is horrible, and it oxidizes.

The tube is small, and I can see myself going through it quickly. However, just a pea sized amount is all you need. It doesn't go on matte. I would say its a dewy foundation more than anything. I love how it looks so natural. I set it with dual finish (in Matte Ecru) and touch up during the day with Mac's blot powder if it gets too shiny. It stays put all day, doesn't look cakey, doesnt feel like you are wearing a mask. Overall, I give it a 4. Will update if things change. But so far, I love it! Possible HG!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by kimberleewills

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

You know I have to agree I am so dry and should probably not buy a matifying foundation but I absolutely love double wear by Estee Lauder but in the summer sometimes I feel like I should wear a lighter foundation....I saw the ad for this I love long wearing foundation so anything that says it will last all day I am so on board! I bought this and the color was awesome but I did look a little greasy. I thought it was because of my moisturizer, but it did the same thing without it.
It stayed on all day and I did look fresh and it was lighter so that was good. I would repurchase but I am still a little confused if this should be for summer maybe it is a better winter foundation because it adds moisture...I dont know,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by devmar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

WOW I love this even more than the Teint Idole Ultra! It lasted me from 10 am to 1 am and still looked good. (with primer underneath). I agree with the person below me, it's not exactly a matte finish, but I love the finish. It looks extremely natural. And I didn't even use a brush to put it on like i usually do, just my fingers and I was good to go. I highly reccomend to anyone with combo skin (:!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by dawnsch

UPDATE: Well, this very lovely foundation did NOTHING for me in terms of keeping my face matte...at all. Forget a whole day, I didn't stay shine free for the morning. I gave it one last try by blotting my sunscreen with blotting paper, waiting a few minutes, then applied the foundation. Still shiny. There are better foundations out there that I would buy before this one (Dior), especially since the product doesn't behave as advertised.

This is a very nice foundation, but I'm a bit confused by it. Lancome says it provides 18 hours of shine free wear, but shine is the first thing I noticed upon application. The color was perfect (Buff 5C), and it went on like a dream. However, matte is not at all how I would describe the finish. Even with a dusting of powder, there's still as much shine as any other dewey foundation. I may have put on a bit too much on my nose, but I only put tiny dots on my cheeks and I'm shiny all over. Now, it could be that my sunscreen is changing the finish of the product, but I still thought that any matte foundation would be able to cover the slight shine the lotion leaves behind. I may purchase this (I got a generous sample at Sephora) if I want a lovely, perfect-match foundation, but definitely not for its supposed mattifying powers. If it was operator error, I will update my review with apologies to Lancome.