September 1, 2014 | 1958 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance Eau Tendre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by dreamybutterfly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was initially put off by the fact that I don't like the original Chance and assumed this would be very similar to the original except lighter. It doesnt smell anything like the original Chance (which imo is quite spicy). Chance eau Tendre is classified as a fruity/floral but I dont really get the fruity aspect as I always assume fruity = sweet. Chance eau Tendre is a light floral that doesnt have any distinctive quality about it and smells quite generic. Its pretty but nothing about it stands out or makes it memorable. It smells very very similar to Marc Jacob's Daisy - if you like Daisy I can pretty much guarantee you will like this fragrance. I bought this because I am a sucker for a good ad campaign. Also I was expecting the actual perfume to be pink in color but it is not its clear.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by aStarlitSea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't like the original chance or the second iteration eau fraiche very well but this one i rather like. I have been wearing this for a few days and it is refreshingly light for daytime wear. This is a very casual and it feels very playful and innocent - no vixen or sexy minx hiding in here. I like it for its fruity notes that are not too sweet but very summery, this does not turn sugary at any point which is very appreciated. The mid floral notes smell like jasmine and another light watery floral smell i can't quite name but they are very pleasant. The white musk is very subtle but still manages to ground this acceptably. The lasting power is pretty poor however and that is my only real beef with this fragrance; it lasts about 3 hours on me. Very light and pretty scent overall - not revolutionary and not distinctly 'chanel' to me. I will use up and maybe repurchase but probably not as i find estee lauder's pleasures exotic to be more interesting on me and of the same genre.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by goldenjoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, this fragrance is definitely aimed at a younger audience. I'm not in my teens, so generally I stay away from anything overly fruity and sweet. However, I really love a lot of chanel fragances and had to try this one out. I was not a fan of the original chance and chance fraiche, but I love this one! It has a really pretty citrus note at the beginning, very fresh and clean and not overly sweet. Then the florals come in, and to me the jasmine is also clean and soapy not so heavy. The white musk I love on this. Again, very clean, not overly soapy but not dirty either. Overall a very fresh light floral fragrance that I will wear all spring and summer. Lasting power on this isn't great. About 3 hours on me. However, to me this is a plus since for summer I like light fragrances that don't overpower.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by littlesunshine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so surprised about the negative reviews for this. While I don't collect a lot of fragrances, due to my scent free work environment, I do love this one! It's very floral but that is the best part!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Kylie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am surprised by the negative reviews on this. I admit this is not that unique but it is better than most fruity florals on the market. This lasts all day on me and I get a ton of compliments. It is a pretty scent, reminds me of Daisy. I also have Eau Fraiche but the Eau Tendre gets more compliments.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by smeegal9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely fresh floral scent. Doesn't last worth a crap!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by snortapuss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It smells like " wanna be D&G Light Blue" for women, and then "Oh, wait, I wanna be Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture". It is not original, not innovative, not recognizable, not CHANEL, and definitely not CHANEL Chance.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by oxsmoochiez55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was pretty shocked to find out that Chanel Chance Eau Tendre currently has a rating of 2.2! To me, that rating belongs on a bottle of Paris Hilton Heiress perfume. I am new to the Chanel fragrances, and debated for a while between this and Eau Fraiche, and ended up getting Eau Tendre because my boyfriend preferred it.

I bought it from Sephora, and honestly love it. It's super girly. It's not the longest lasting perfume I own (that award does to Miss Dior Cherie), but it's stays for a decent amount of time and smells divine. I would most likely repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Mac789

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Eau Tendre will go down in history as the "Pink Chanel." Chanel finally commits to the fruity/floral market with this latecomer that has very little to do with its progenitor. Eau Tendre makes me suspect that Eau Tendre is less inspiration and more the perspiration of pouring over just which fruit note sells and how much sugar must be added to the mix; the scent has obviously been made to appeal to a market younger than that of Chance's second flanker Eau Fraiche.

Chanel has made a delicate, pale-hued citrus floral that makes blushing virgins out of both grapefruit and jasmine. Everything has a modest quality to it, from the thin glaze of grapefruit at the top to the
angelic, non-indolic jasmine in the heart. The musk is a perfect oval at the bottom, mostly obfuscating an interrupted amber note. Cedar is a pleasing woody touch until it too is snipped, leaving room only for musk and remnant jasmine. At base level, the fragrance smells synthetic and unfortunately "modern," continuing to blur the line between personal fragrance and airliner lavatory. This is a terrible trend and someone ought to march against it, except that such an organized protest would be futile, since the stuff sells so well.

Surprisingly, the grapefruit note holds quite well and the floral notes do not. Eau Tendre has a brasher counterpart in La Vanilia Vanilla Grapefruit; if you liked the latter, you'll like Eau Tendre. Although Eau Tendre shares little with Chance, it does have (and is not openly admitting) to, the original's vanilla, dabbed through iris. Missing is Chance's sticky patchouli, which, in concert with vanilla, defines Chance for me.

Chanel hasn't reinvented the wheel here, but I am going to offer that they have improved it. Fruity-florals as a rule now seem to be in competition with one another for being the sweetest (Escada, which has the onus of an annual competition with itself), the stickiest, and the muskiest, and here Chanel has shown restraint. You won't want to jab a swizzle stick into Eau Tendre or to pour it over ice cream, but it may leave you baffled as to its birth family.

continued >>

15 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by rena10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

sampled this....fresh and clean....but smells just like MARIAH CAREY LUSCIOUS PINK FRAGRANCE.....I WALKED AROUND AND I THOUGHT TO MYSELF"....this is nice, but its a copy and so i did not want to buy it. what a bummer!!!