November 21, 2014 | 1974 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kiehl's - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by meryzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just did NOTHING, nor good, nor bad. Just got examples. Not going to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by ouiserboudreaux

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Midnight Recovery Concentrate Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (emollient), Dicaprylyl Carbonate (emollient), Squalane (emollient), Rosa Camina Fruit Oil (Rosehips-source of vitamin C), Oenothera Biennis Oil/Evening Primrose Oil (soothes inflammation), Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/Jojoba Seed Oil (emollient), Coriandrum Sativum Oil/Coriander Seed Oil (Antibacterial & evidently helps relieve flatulance-I have noticed an improvement. But, possibly applying it topically isn't the right choice for that.), Tocopherol (antioxident), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil/Lavender Oil (purifying & antiseptic), Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil (anti-inflammatory), Linalool (fragrance), Rosmarinus Offininalis Leaf Oil/Rosemary Leaf Oil (fragrance), Citronellol (fragrance), Geraniol (antioxident & bug repellant, Lavendula Hubrida Oil (anti-inflammatory), Cucumis Sativus Extract/Cucumber Fruit Extract (skin softener), Curcuma Longa Extract/Turmeric Root Extract (anti-inflammatory/antioxidant), Limonene (anti bacterial), Citral (fragrance), Sclareolide (fragrance), Rosa Spp/Rose Flower Oil (fragrance/possible source of vit c), Jasminum Officinale Extract/Jasmine Extract (soothing), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil (moisturizing).
The information in paranthesis is my own. Each ingredient may have more than one use, but these were the best guesses I had after doing some research.
I got the Midnight Recovery Concentrate in a gift set at the outlet store during a friends & family sale, so the price was very reasonable & I had been wanting to try this product anyway.
I have combo/oily/old/dehydrated/reactive skin that breaks out from so many products that I try.
This product doesn't seem to be causing any problems, as far as breakouts & my skin does look smooth & hydrated in the morning after using it.
It has a very nice "essential oily" type smell that goes away in a couple of minutes.
I'm happy with the product & I love the deep blue glass bottle that it comes in.

36 out of 36 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by taurusgurl5984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing. I've been using it since August I think? It has balanced my skin so much. I used to be so oily, but yet the top layers of my skin were dry and tight. I would have oily breakthrough with my foundation in less than an hour. My pores appeared larger. After using this the first week, my skin just balanced right out. I also don't break out nearly as often. I use this at night with no other cream on top. It's perfect, smells like a spa, and soaks right in. It's pricey, but I'm not even 1/4 into the bottle and have been using it pretty much nightly for at least 3 months. So I think it ends up being very affordable. Kiehl's is very generous with their samples, if you can get to a store or a counter try it out. Highly recommend - I think this would benefit every skin type.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I got a sample of this and I've been using this the last week and a half. I do feel like it has a "calming" effect on the skin for sure. My skin does feel soft the next morning, but I don't think it does me a "glow." I think I'll start mixing it with my moisturizer b/c I don't think it really moisturizers very well, and maybe then it will give a full effect. I do feel like my skin lately has less breakouts, redness, and more even skin tone since I've been using this. I've noticed my under eye circles are less apparent as well! I was weary about putting an oil on my face because I have oily t-zone with dry rough cheeks but it absorbs in the skin really well and fast.I never feel greasy ever with this stuff. I am pretty happy with the results so far and I think we I have more $$ I will buy a full bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Juliasyji

I'm on the fence about this product. I got this as a gift and at first I was using this at night time (as the name suggests) to keep my skin well moisturized and also hoping to see that GLOW that it promises. Well, my face broke out. I wasn't sure if it was hormonal or this product but I stopped using this on the regular after trying it for about 3 weeks.

I do like that it's a nice blend of essential oils and it smells pretty fresh so I didnt give it away or throw it away. I just kept it by my bedside and put it on around my nose (where it tends to flake and get dry very easily). and it seemed to do an okay job. still nothing awesome, just average (vaseline works better on my flaky patches and much cheaper too)

Recently I discovered a new use for it. Since it's really dry due to winter here in Toronto, even my foundation application has been dry. After pumping 2 pumps of foundation on the back of my hand, I mix 2 drops of this oil into the foundation (I just kind of swirl around with my finger tip) and it seems to make the foundation go on easier, and imparts a healthy looking dewy finish.

I probably won't be buying another bottle when I run out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by taipai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product, it does leave skin a bit oily but that goes away after a while. It does what it several people have said that my skin looks better.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by voodoomilk

I got this as a sample and have been using it for abt 1.5 weeks. While it's called a concentrate, it really is more of a facial oil. I cover 3 of my fingertips over the opening of the sample, tilt it back and forth once so that my fingertips have just a dab of stuff, and pat/massage it it on to even out the distribution. That's enough. I only have a sample, but there is still tons left!

For the first few days, nothing much seemed different. I'd been using Clarin's blue orchid face treatment oil at nights prior to this and while that left me with a slightly oily finish in the mornings (but not in a bad way of course, I like it!), the midnight recovery concentrate gives a dewy smooth finish. The lavender scent isn't over-powering, but it certainly is there when you first apply it. It goes away after a minute or so. Recently, I've noticed that my cheeks have started taking on a pinkish dewy glow in the mornings when I wake up and i attribute that to the midnight recovery concentrate! Who's to say what other good it'll bring with more use?

i'm definitely getting myself a full sized bottle when my sample runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my favorite product from kiehl's- I love the lavender scent and this is very relaxing and soothing on the skin. it's natural, softens the skin and gives me that healthy glow :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've nearly finished my second bottle so it must be agreeing with me.

Pros:
- lighter than the rose hip oils but very potent
- just sinks into the skin
- doesn't have as strong a scent as rose hip oil
- I use it overnight under the Acai moisturizer
- no break outs
- my skin just looks better these days, I also apply it around my eyes.

Cons:
- may be a little light for those with very dry skins
- probably needs to be used in conjunction with a moisturizer for most skin types.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2011 3:28:00 AM More reviews by dootdootdoot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't get all the hype. Yes, it smells heavenly and you do wake up with glowing skin, but I think that's also a mental effect of spending $45 on AN OUNCE of MIXED OILS. I get the same glow from Argan oil (around half the price) and coconut oil (a quarter of the price.) Plus I can already foresee the horrors of using up this product, as the dropper becomes inefficient towards the end! I think the product is great, but it isn't worth half the cost.