October 25, 2014 | 1736 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kiehl's - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I got a sample of this and I've been using this the last week and a half. I do feel like it has a "calming" effect on the skin for sure. My skin does feel soft the next morning, but I don't think it does me a "glow." I think I'll start mixing it with my moisturizer b/c I don't think it really moisturizers very well, and maybe then it will give a full effect. I do feel like my skin lately has less breakouts, redness, and more even skin tone since I've been using this. I've noticed my under eye circles are less apparent as well! I was weary about putting an oil on my face because I have oily t-zone with dry rough cheeks but it absorbs in the skin really well and fast.I never feel greasy ever with this stuff. I am pretty happy with the results so far and I think we I have more $$ I will buy a full bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Juliasyji

I'm on the fence about this product. I got this as a gift and at first I was using this at night time (as the name suggests) to keep my skin well moisturized and also hoping to see that GLOW that it promises. Well, my face broke out. I wasn't sure if it was hormonal or this product but I stopped using this on the regular after trying it for about 3 weeks.

I do like that it's a nice blend of essential oils and it smells pretty fresh so I didnt give it away or throw it away. I just kept it by my bedside and put it on around my nose (where it tends to flake and get dry very easily). and it seemed to do an okay job. still nothing awesome, just average (vaseline works better on my flaky patches and much cheaper too)

Recently I discovered a new use for it. Since it's really dry due to winter here in Toronto, even my foundation application has been dry. After pumping 2 pumps of foundation on the back of my hand, I mix 2 drops of this oil into the foundation (I just kind of swirl around with my finger tip) and it seems to make the foundation go on easier, and imparts a healthy looking dewy finish.

I probably won't be buying another bottle when I run out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by taipai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product, it does leave skin a bit oily but that goes away after a while. It does what it several people have said that my skin looks better.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by voodoomilk

I got this as a sample and have been using it for abt 1.5 weeks. While it's called a concentrate, it really is more of a facial oil. I cover 3 of my fingertips over the opening of the sample, tilt it back and forth once so that my fingertips have just a dab of stuff, and pat/massage it it on to even out the distribution. That's enough. I only have a sample, but there is still tons left!

For the first few days, nothing much seemed different. I'd been using Clarin's blue orchid face treatment oil at nights prior to this and while that left me with a slightly oily finish in the mornings (but not in a bad way of course, I like it!), the midnight recovery concentrate gives a dewy smooth finish. The lavender scent isn't over-powering, but it certainly is there when you first apply it. It goes away after a minute or so. Recently, I've noticed that my cheeks have started taking on a pinkish dewy glow in the mornings when I wake up and i attribute that to the midnight recovery concentrate! Who's to say what other good it'll bring with more use?

i'm definitely getting myself a full sized bottle when my sample runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my favorite product from kiehl's- I love the lavender scent and this is very relaxing and soothing on the skin. it's natural, softens the skin and gives me that healthy glow :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've nearly finished my second bottle so it must be agreeing with me.

Pros:
- lighter than the rose hip oils but very potent
- just sinks into the skin
- doesn't have as strong a scent as rose hip oil
- I use it overnight under the Acai moisturizer
- no break outs
- my skin just looks better these days, I also apply it around my eyes.

Cons:
- may be a little light for those with very dry skins
- probably needs to be used in conjunction with a moisturizer for most skin types.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2011 3:28:00 AM More reviews by dootdootdoot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't get all the hype. Yes, it smells heavenly and you do wake up with glowing skin, but I think that's also a mental effect of spending $45 on AN OUNCE of MIXED OILS. I get the same glow from Argan oil (around half the price) and coconut oil (a quarter of the price.) Plus I can already foresee the horrors of using up this product, as the dropper becomes inefficient towards the end! I think the product is great, but it isn't worth half the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by 4paws

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Flight delayed, wandering around the fancy airport terminal...wander into Kiehl's, intending to merely browse and pass the time. The ingredient list on this serum were super impressive to me---all the key, natural stuff for dealing with discoloration and dehydrated skin: primrose oil, wild rose oil, etc. When I used it that night (after my flight--ack! dehydrating airplane air!)--I was pleasantly surprised at how light it felt: a soothing layer, rather than the sense of suffocation one might expect from natural oils. In the morning, my face looked well-rested and bright. Too soon to judge lasting results, but so far, I think it is quite lovely. The price is steep---but I can see one bottle will last a long while. I enjoyed the lavender scent, and that it comes from lavender oil (not added fragrance).

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Madge1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this Sept 2010 and use most nights and still 30% let fso really economical ,a few drops of the oil leaves my skin looking refreshed and glowing by morning but the best thing is that my under eye dark shadows have disappeared and if I stop using the oil for a few days they came back eg I.forgot to take with me on a week away

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by kukees

I needed a serum and got myself a sample of this stuff at the department store. My skin became more hydrated and softer after the first application, but to not to jump to conclusions, I used up the sample first before committing to a bottle. The sample lasted for over two weeks!!!

It is winter over here now and I have extra dry skin. So far this stuff has helped a great deal! I haven't broken out in dry patches, rashes and acne like I have during previous winters... now, to look for a serum for the day time!

(ps: I used this under my moisturiser.)