July 28, 2014 | 1738 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kiehl's - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Madge1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this Sept 2010 and use most nights and still 30% let fso really economical ,a few drops of the oil leaves my skin looking refreshed and glowing by morning but the best thing is that my under eye dark shadows have disappeared and if I stop using the oil for a few days they came back eg I.forgot to take with me on a week away

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by kukees

I needed a serum and got myself a sample of this stuff at the department store. My skin became more hydrated and softer after the first application, but to not to jump to conclusions, I used up the sample first before committing to a bottle. The sample lasted for over two weeks!!!

It is winter over here now and I have extra dry skin. So far this stuff has helped a great deal! I haven't broken out in dry patches, rashes and acne like I have during previous winters... now, to look for a serum for the day time!

(ps: I used this under my moisturiser.)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by cakespender

There are few things in the world of creams and potions that surprise me these days. I have to say, after receiving this sample in store I am in HEAVEN. I have had many issue's skin wise, acne, redness, dryness, aging......in the instant this magic oil hit my face it all went POOF and my skin is literally glowing. It felt wrong putting oil on my face, until it was ON my face,lol. It soaks right in, leaving me with soft, hydrated, flawless skin. In the am my face looks rested and fresh. I have even ventured out of the house with only bronzer! No foundation or covering stuff up, why would I hide this glowing skin?????

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by leslielgc

I LOVE this product for use at night! Makes my skin glow the next morning and I've seen a drastic improvement in my skin through months of using this.
Don't let the big price tag and tiny bottle fool you; you really need maybe 2 drops to cover your entire face.
I gave the packaging quality a lower mark mainly because even though I'm no where close to the bottom of my bottle after months of use, I think it will be difficult to access the very bottom as the eye dropper doesn't go all the way down.

Edit August 20, 2013:
I can't remember when I stopped using this product, but eventually I noticed cystic acne popping back up. I can't say for certain that this product was the culprit, but after I stopped using it things did die down. Updated overall to 1 since the product stopped working for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Erny87

After using Kiehl's entire skincare, cleanser, toner and cream. I wasn't fond of any Kiehl's product. Beside being rather affordable compared to the other counter products, I think the entire skincare line work averagely. Nothing great shout about.
However, as I had the chance to ask for a sample of the Midnight Rcovery Concentrate, I put it to good use, everynight, after my toner, i use it sparingly (cause the sample was kind of little), then pimple treatment, moisturiser and leave-on mask.
I slowly realise my complexion improve. However, I didnt attribute it to the Kiehl's Concentrate. Until, I ran out of sample,and stop using.
Then I stared noticing all the products I pile onto my face doesnt seem to get absorp into my complexion. I started feeling frustrated.
At last, I gave in, and bought the entire bottle of Midnight Recovery Concentrate, and again, my face started feeling soft and smooth. Best of all, every products I apply after Midnight Recovery Concentrate get absorp into my face immediately, and feel so moisturised.
I love this product. And, sometimes, I actually use 4-5 drops for my face and neck. I know its too much, but it seems to be reallt working well for me, so I have no problem using it generously.
Do give it a try. I truly believe it will work for many people.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by MissSayuri

Kiehls is really good with giving samples so i had a good sample of this oil before i bought it. A few drops goes a long way especially when you are putting on your night cream after. I really like the smell and have been using this for awhile. It doesn't break me out and is not overly heavy. Like i said it should not be used alone, but with your nighttime moisturizer. My skin seemed to improve (smoother, healthier) after using this for awhile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My daughter got me some of this wonderful essential oil blend for Mothers' Day. I'd never tried anything from Kiehls before but I'm hooked. I've got a similar oil from Clarins (the blue orchid oil) but I much prefer the packaging of this one from Kiehls, with the dropper/dispenser. As much as I've always loved the Clarins oil, I think Midnight Recovery Concentrate might just replace it as my favourite. It's also less expensive.

I apply this at night time as directed - a drop or 2 on my cheeks and a drop on my forehead. I press it into the skin and then smooth to distribute it evenly. It leaves my skin feeling very smooth and very soothed too - it seems to sooth away any redness, which is nice. In winter, when my skin is more dry, I might use a face cream on top. I really like and highly recommend this product, especially if you are partial to more natural products.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by sharybee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So before I started using the midnight recovery, my skin was going through a bad spell, acne mainly on my lower part of my cheeks. It finally came to an end after a six months of agony leaving my face with scars and hyper pigmentation. Because of what I had been using to combat the acne, it left those areas of my face dry and flaky. The day I started using the midnight recovery concentrate was the day my skin started to recover. And the best part was that it only took two drops of this miracle oil to hydrate my skin back to perfection. I still use two or sometimes three drops of the oil on a daily basis but from the looks of things, this bottle is going to last me till the rest of the year. Loves it. By the way, just to let you know I have combination oily skin and this works perfectly fine for me. It hydrates my skin but does not make it oily at all. Loves it...

*update* after over a year, still loving it

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to get this because of the good reviews, but it was quite expensive ($48 CAD). I have been using this alone on my face at night time for the past week and a half. I feel that it has really helped improve my skin: texture and tone. My break outs have cleared up about 85%. There is also less redness on my cheeks. I don't know if this is due to the Midnight Recovery Concentrate, but I have nothing but good things to say about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Moonjellie14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

2 to 3 drops of this concentrate feels very comfortable on my skin and my pores look finer and the skin more hydrated by morning. There's also a nice glow to the skin. One of my favorite skincare products.