July 22, 2014 | 2079 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Goodbye Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP)! After years of using UDPP I finally got tired of the horrible packaging and wasted product, so I decided to try LORAC's primer instead. I was very pleasantly surprised by how well Behind the Scenes (BtS) worked!

When I use BtS, my shadow goes on smoothly, lasts all day long and doesn't crease. It goes on as a sheer nude (undetectable on my NW20 super oily lids). I've worn it under both cream and powder shadows and it works well with both.

The packaging is awesome.... it's just a plain old black squeeze tube with a slant tip, which is fabulous compared to the tacky, product-wasting UDPP bottle and wand.

Love this!It's a must-have for others out there who love UDPP's formula but hate UDPP packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 12:54:00 AM More reviews by lorencita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is definitely better than all the primers out there imo. UDPP dried out my eyes and made them itchy. TFSI would let out oil every once in a while, so by the end of the tube it was a diff consistency. This stuff not only holds my shadow better, it's also gentler on my lids & lasts longer! Great product & I will always use this. Try it.. you wont be disappointed. THX MUA

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by helenesq

I had tried the Urban Decay eye primer, but after a few seconds, my eyelids drooped! Yickes! This one did the job w/o any adverse effects. I am glad someone else invented an eye primer. In my opinion, this product will win over the UD eye primer users.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING!! This is now my new HG eye primer! OMG, this is far better than UDPP. I've always used UDPP for years, but this is way better. It really does what it says, plus you get an added bonus due to the fact it comes in a tube. I loved UDPP, but hated that damn packaging. Seriously folks, this is WAY, WAY better. My eyeshadows blend well, plus the staying power is amazing. I'll put it to you this way, I went to the gym and did some treadmill sprints for 20 mins. I know it's bad to have m/u on while working out, but I didn't have the time to wash my face after work. Anway, my face looked like a mess, but my eye makeup didn't budge. LORAC, you deserve some l♥ve, baby!
If you're UDPP lover, you will love this even more. I'm gonna keep on purchasing this thing. Oh, yeah, btw, I also used TFSI and it sucked too. I didn't like it b/c it creased up on me. So long, UDPP and TFSI! Hello BTS!! : )

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Coccolina

Good primer, holds eye shadow perfectly. Unfortunately, I found it overly drying. Moisturize the sensitive eyes area well after removing this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 4:04:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Looooooooooooooove it lol. Finally an eye primer in a tube that is convenient and easily able to get all the product unlike UDPP. Plus this is better quality than UDPP and also Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I love Lorac and feel like their products don't get teh rave they deserve as honestly the shadows I use from them are the best quality, rich color, and lasting powder I have ever used amng my Nars Shadows, which both ar ebetter than Mac shadows imo. All too glad they cae out with this eye primer which I ironically ended up getting as a deluxe sample with a shadow purchase so didn't even have to buy it. Just amazing quality! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Faithersk

I think this product is destined for a cult-following, just like UDPP. It functions EXACTLY like UDPP and is in a squeeze tube. it really is amazing at locking in the shadow and resisting fading and creasing all day....even on my very oily eye lids. If you are out of UDPP and looking for a replacement, check this one out. You won't be sorry that you did!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by RMutt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very greasy eyelids, even under the best conditions. I had recently invested in some high-end shadows and was bummed that they settled into my creases or slid off by lunchtime. So I checked the MUA reviews and decided to go with this primer due to its high rating. You only need a teeny dot per lid, so I imagine the tube will last ages. The primer is a faint pinkish colour which doesn't distort the colour of your shadow. I let it dry completely before applying shadow, and the shadow glides on really well (better than without the primer). So if you've got greasy eyelids and especially if you're 30+, I highly recommend this product.
EDIT: I've been using this almost daily for months and I can't rave enough about it. I can't believe I had never used primer before. When I get home in the evening, my eyeshadow is still there, 99% uncreased and my lids aren't greasy. Amazing stuff, really - highly underrated. Just keep the tip of the tube clean by wiping with a tissue occasionally. It helps you get your $$ worth out of your shadow, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by peachtree811

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this primer! My lids are extremely oily, and I love this because I can visibly see the oil disappear when I apply this primer. It's smooth, blends to invisible, and keeps me from creasing longer than TFSI and UDPP. It's so easy to blend on top of BTS, and shadows show up better. The price is also very reasonable for the amount you get. Get this primer, it's worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Best eye primer - ever.
Comes in a tube.
Doesn't dry out my eyelids.
Shadow stays all day - is easy to blend - and doesn't crease.
Makes colors more vivid.
Lorac makes great products and is often over looked.
I hope this becomes the new cult fave.
HG for sure.