Clinique High Lengths Mascara

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i got a sample of this as a gift with a purchase, and i really like this mascara! the brush is really cool because its a comb, so youre lashes NEVER clump together, which is really great. it does deliver high lengths but 0% volume. so if you want a little bit of volume, this isnt for you. great mascara!! i would buy it once i run out of all my other mascaras!!

on 4/30/2010 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample of this for free when I bought a certain amount of Clinique stuff at my local Macy's counter. I had never heard of it before and was totally freaked out by the brush. It does give me some nice length on my lashes but def does not make them fuller. I tend to use it on the weekends when I am going out to run errands and save my Dior Show mascara for work and when I am going out.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really didn't expect a lot from this mascara when I first got it but it really did surprise me. The formula is very wet, which I find works the best with my long but thin lashes.It gave me a lot of length, medium volume and it did not clump or smudge. The brush really does comb and separate the lashes. The color is also a very dark black and it looks nice on the eyes. I would buy this again.

on 4/20/2010 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

UPDATE (2012-02-17): BOYCOTTING RE. CURRENT ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET

Tried when it came out, tried again recently. Epic fail. Do not be fooled: this is no substitute for the gorgeousness that was Long Pretty Lashes.

PROS: The formula is nice, not too liquid, not too dry. No irritation. Little smudging. Decent wear. Price is good, the regular Clinique CAD19.00, a good deal for quality stuff and a good deal cheaper than department-store ones that aren't necessarily as good. Like other Clinique products, cruelty-free but with good human-testing record. The tube is pretty: white with silver lettering and silver cap.

CONS:

#1 I can get more fullness/volume with a couple of coats of Naturally Glossy, and a far nicer separated, sleek finish with Lash Power. Either of these (especially the latter) is closer in feel to the fluttery feathery fine softness of Long Pretty. In comparison, High Lengths leaves the lashes (mine anyway) drier and crunchier.

#2 The brush is a disaster. The fine teeth and flexible head are all very well, but the head itself is about twice the optimal length, and the wand is too long (same issue with all Clarins' mascaras except Double Fix). I can see the aim, but if you like a comb, try High Definition; and if you like the finesse, try Lash Power (one of the best mascaras Clinique has ever made, and my favourite "tubing" one, for the record). Indeed, either of these and several other non-Clinique mascaras get colour deep down closer to the roots. As my lashes are pale and I'm short-sighted, I do see these things and the difference, clearer than--well, darker-lashed lovelies with normal vision.

Sorry to bring the score down, but this stuff was a big disappointment. That's speaking as a fan of Clinique mascaras for, let's see, a solid couple of decades. I'm sticking with my regulars from them: Naturally Glossy (combined with Clarins Double Fix) alternating with Lash Power. Both these, now, I'd recommend wholeheartedly to anyone. continued >>

on 4/19/2010 10:19:00 PM

I used to use clinique's long and pretty lashes, and when I went to buy a new one, the lady at the counter told me this was the new replacement for it. I was upset at first, but she told me she loved it, so I figured i'd give it a try. I gotta say I absolutely love the brush despite finding it weird initially. Its super easy to use, impossible to poke yourself, leaves no clumps, and you can get as close as possible to the base of your lashes. The only reason I give it 4 stars rather than 5 is because it doesn't give me the same fullness long and pretty lashes seemed to. My lashes are definitely longer, but not as feathery and full as i'd like. Great for everday use, for some may not be dramatic enough for night.

on 4/18/2010 8:07:00 PM

I have tried so many mascaras and I actually like this mascara a lot. I tend to prefer these kind of wands because it's a lot easier for me to apply mascara. Anybody who says this wand is hard to work with must be pros because this wand is freakin` easy to use, especially for mascara noobies.
The formula is great, it doesn't clump no matter how many layers of mascara you put on. It does nothing for volumizing but I figured that whenever I try to use volumizing mascaras, it makes my lashes look tacky. (Stupid Asian lashes!) It leaves your lashes looking really feathery and soft. It lengthens quite a bit, enough to make my skimpy lashes stand out.
I am kind of on the fence on using this with Shiseido's mascara base or by itself. It kind of looks more tacky with the mascara base. I don't know. All in all, this is worth your money because the price is a steal. continued >>

on 4/18/2010 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have really tiny, thin, short lashes. But this mascara really made a difference. I like the curved brush, and how its comb like so no clumpies!! It was alright, not like amazing. I paid $14 bucks for it, so it didn't break the bank or anything. :)

on 4/18/2010 12:33:00 AM

!Got this as a free gift with purchase! I had never heard of it or seen it before so I was shocked when I pulled out the wand. Strange but intriguing. I have to say that I have never been a fan of lengthening mascaras. My lashes are long and full naturally and I have noticed that lengthening mascaras make my lashes look almost too long almost long and stringy. However, I love this mascara. The tiny bristles grab even my tiniest lashes and separate them perfectly. NO CLUMP HERE and they look beautiful...not overly done either. The best part is that my fiancÚ' commented on my lashes. He is normally oblivious to all things beauty and had no idea that I was trying something new. On the first day of use we were having dinner and looked up and said "Wow your eyelashes look really pretty" Haha never would have expected that from him! You should give it a try. I never buy department store mascara b/c drug store is usually just as good but this was a stand out for me.

on 4/14/2010 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I was skeptical of the wand, but it actually works! I find it easy to use, and in just a few strokes your lashes will be evenly coated. This makes lashes look long, and if applied on curled lashes, very nice. It doesn't really thicken too much, which is fine with me, as I don't like clumpy lashes. If you are looking for volumizing mascara, though, this isn't it. But for me it's perfect, I may even buy it after my samples run out..

on 4/11/2010 7:48:00 PM

I got a sample of this mascara with a GWP and I was sold after using it for the first time. I used it for a week and went and bought a full size if it today.

My lashes look longer, the brush is wonderful, no clumping, no flaking and it is so easy to apply. I also like that it is really hard to mess up while applying. The brush is so unique it is nearly impossible to get the mascara onto your skin. Easy to remove when you are done at the end of the day, and I never have flakes resting on my cheeks at the end of my work day.