MAC #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

4.4

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I like this brush but I don't love it and I don't think it's one of them must have brushes.

Personally I find it too small to apply foundation as it would take forever to do my whole face but I love using it after I have applied my foundation to buff in problem areas like nose, mouth and hairline. It works great with creme foundations and prefer this to my other skunk brushes.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

HG brush for applying my bronzer. it's nice and dense and at the same time blends the product in for a natural finish. LOVE IT!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a great brush. Along similar lines to the 187 &188, only this is a much more dense brush so it's great for stippling & buffing foundation. Because of the smaller head size, it makes getting into smaller areas of the face (such as under the eyes or around the nose) so much easier. Compared to my 187, I've had no shedding from this at all.
So far, I've used it with liquids, creams & powders. It does a great job with them all.
Easy enough to clean after use, too.
For sheer speed, I love my Sephora #55, but that has a much larger head so it takes longer to ensure good blending around the nose. If I have the luxury of taking my time, then the 130 is the brush I reach for.
Would definitely buy again if I lost it or it got damaged.

I absolutely love this brush. I love it so much, I went out and bought a second one. This brush can be used for almost everything. I've used it for foundation, powder and cream blush and also highlighter. The size is just perfect for blushes because I find the 187 sometimes too big. I highly recommend the 130 brush. It's awesome.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love my 130 brush soooo much! I am actually going to be purchasing a back up one :-) This brush is a must have for those of us who like to stipple on then buff in their foundation! I used a 187 and 188 brush before but this 130 brush blows those 2 out of the water, It is a combination of the 109 and the 188 so it is nice and small but it super dense so can handle the buffing motion where as the other 2 can't! I am not sure how I lived without this brush! The only down fall is the price! It is super expensive for a small brush BUT it gives me such a flawless finish that it really is worth the extra money! I know that Sigma has come out with something that is supposed to be similar but I can't seem to get my hands on one since they have been sold out forever! I really think anyone who likes to use a brush to apply their foundation should invest in this amazing brush! I know I am beyond thrilled with it!!

If you like your foundation to look airbrushed, flawless and like your not wearing any at all, then this is the brush for you. When i wear foundation i hate it to look like its caked on or heavy so i used to use either my fingers or a flat foundation brush which i found sometimes gave me a heavy application. This brush on the other hand has the stippled bristles which gives you a very smooth flawless application. I apply my foundation in small circular motions which makes it looks like im not wearing anything on my face at all...and you can get all those hard to reach areas around the eyes and nose. Its made with real hair and is a good investment tool for your makeup collection!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Geeeeez! Where has this brush been all my life. Haha! Seriously, it's a really great brush. I have been using the 187 & 188 to apply my foundation previously & I thought they did a perfectly nice job. Then I got the 130. I really love this brush. It's soft, but not too soft. It's stiffer than the 187 & 188, but works even better, in my opinion, for application of creme or liquid foundation. It's smaller than the 187, slightly bigger than the 188, but for some reason, I can put on my foundation faster than either one of them. Leaves you with a beautiful airbrushed look. I would definitely recommend this brush to anyone & certainly repurchase if necessary. I'm not sure if this is going to become part of the permanent line, so if it's not, run don't walk to the nearest MAC. :-)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great brush. It's just so small. I thought the 109 was a small brush. Until I bought this one. If the 109 and the 187/188 had a baby this brush would be it. It's dense like the 109 with the duo fibers like the 187/188. It does a great job blending in creme foundation and creme blushes. Cute and versitle brush to add to your collection!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Wow... This brush is in the same family as the 187 and 188. The 187 is wonderful for applying foundation lightly and evenly (and for applying powder/blushes). At times, I still find myself using a fluffy powder brush (without powder) to buff and blend foundation a little more. I wasn't crazy about the idea of a new brush coming out, and I didn't try it at first. I got the Mineralize Foundation and love the foundation so much! I was still playing with the best way to apply however... And I found the the 187 can leave it a bit streaky... *Too* streaky. A foundation brush worked the best; with a powder brush to blend/powder. But, the foundation brush definitely applied heavier than I'd have liked. So today, I went into MAC, bare faced and told the MA that I wanted to try the brush with the new foundation because I had the foundation already. Nice!! The brush is small and dense, but still has the stippling affect of the 187/188. It applies the foundation light and even, and buffs away any lines (due to the denser bristles)! I think this might be my new favorite brush! I don't want to be too hasty though because I want to see how it applies other foundation. I will update. This brush with the Mineralize Foundation though? Flawless. You get an even, "soft focus" (HD) look instantly. It's also easy to get to those areas that are usually not the easiest to get to (around the nose, on the nose right between the eyes, and under the eyes)! I adore this brush. A welcomed addition to the stippling/skunk brush family! :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I find this brush does do the job really well with cream compact foundations such as StudioTech but for liquid ones, it takes far too long and is too streaky. However, I do love it for applying translucent setting powder under my eyes, it really gets all the small area's on the face and for that I'll keep it, but wouldn't die without it.

Popular Makeup Brushes