November 24, 2014 | 899 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by nawally

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you like your foundation to look airbrushed, flawless and like your not wearing any at all, then this is the brush for you. When i wear foundation i hate it to look like its caked on or heavy so i used to use either my fingers or a flat foundation brush which i found sometimes gave me a heavy application. This brush on the other hand has the stippled bristles which gives you a very smooth flawless application. I apply my foundation in small circular motions which makes it looks like im not wearing anything on my face at all...and you can get all those hard to reach areas around the eyes and nose. Its made with real hair and is a good investment tool for your makeup collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by ifbbprobp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Geeeeez! Where has this brush been all my life. Haha! Seriously, it's a really great brush. I have been using the 187 & 188 to apply my foundation previously & I thought they did a perfectly nice job. Then I got the 130. I really love this brush. It's soft, but not too soft. It's stiffer than the 187 & 188, but works even better, in my opinion, for application of creme or liquid foundation. It's smaller than the 187, slightly bigger than the 188, but for some reason, I can put on my foundation faster than either one of them. Leaves you with a beautiful airbrushed look. I would definitely recommend this brush to anyone & certainly repurchase if necessary. I'm not sure if this is going to become part of the permanent line, so if it's not, run don't walk to the nearest MAC. :-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

Great brush. It's just so small. I thought the 109 was a small brush. Until I bought this one. If the 109 and the 187/188 had a baby this brush would be it. It's dense like the 109 with the duo fibers like the 187/188. It does a great job blending in creme foundation and creme blushes. Cute and versitle brush to add to your collection!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Hollytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow... This brush is in the same family as the 187 and 188. The 187 is wonderful for applying foundation lightly and evenly (and for applying powder/blushes). At times, I still find myself using a fluffy powder brush (without powder) to buff and blend foundation a little more. I wasn't crazy about the idea of a new brush coming out, and I didn't try it at first. I got the Mineralize Foundation and love the foundation so much! I was still playing with the best way to apply however... And I found the the 187 can leave it a bit streaky... *Too* streaky. A foundation brush worked the best; with a powder brush to blend/powder. But, the foundation brush definitely applied heavier than I'd have liked. So today, I went into MAC, bare faced and told the MA that I wanted to try the brush with the new foundation because I had the foundation already. Nice!! The brush is small and dense, but still has the stippling affect of the 187/188. It applies the foundation light and even, and buffs away any lines (due to the denser bristles)! I think this might be my new favorite brush! I don't want to be too hasty though because I want to see how it applies other foundation. I will update. This brush with the Mineralize Foundation though? Flawless. You get an even, "soft focus" (HD) look instantly. It's also easy to get to those areas that are usually not the easiest to get to (around the nose, on the nose right between the eyes, and under the eyes)! I adore this brush. A welcomed addition to the stippling/skunk brush family! :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find this brush does do the job really well with cream compact foundations such as StudioTech but for liquid ones, it takes far too long and is too streaky. However, I do love it for applying translucent setting powder under my eyes, it really gets all the small area's on the face and for that I'll keep it, but wouldn't die without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by tracita

i just received this today...love already...i used it with my Korres Wild Rose Liquid Foundation and it worked like a charm...it didn't take long to buff in and i find i get better coverage than with the 187 or 188 which are the brushes i was using before today. i'm buying another...it's a keeper...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by bumblebees24

Being addicted to all MAC brushes, I bought this over the weekend to try out. It's definitely denser and shorter bristles than the 188. Tried it out with a creme foundation and it took forever to buff in, not to mention a bit streaky. My hands were getting cramped after awhile. It's ok for cream blushes as well. But for those of you who already have the 109 or the kabuki brush, I'd say skip this one. The 109 can pretty much do what this can but better for contouring and buffing in foundation. I will however give it points for being able to reach the nooks and crannies around the nose, and areas above the lips since it's smaller than the 188.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 12:12:00 PM More reviews by liveandlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's great for applying liquid or cream foundations. The 187 and 188 are not dense enough for my liking, and this is perfect. My only wish is that it might have been a little broader, but otherwise it's perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by bilsy213

I just bought this brush along with the mineralize spf foundation. I like it a lot because its perfect for applying cream foundation. It is tiny and dense so you have more control of the brush. However, since it is tiny you might be buffing foundation a lot. That does not bother me at all. The only problem I have with this is it sheds a lot. Maybe I got a defective one. But I can overlook the shedding since I get flawless application of the mineralize spf foundation. I hope it stops shedding though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by GiGiBean703

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush makes a wonderful edition to my collection. Applies foundation and creme blushes like a dream. It is so dense and blends very nicely. Love it!