April 21, 2014 | 1259 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Hollytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow... This brush is in the same family as the 187 and 188. The 187 is wonderful for applying foundation lightly and evenly (and for applying powder/blushes). At times, I still find myself using a fluffy powder brush (without powder) to buff and blend foundation a little more. I wasn't crazy about the idea of a new brush coming out, and I didn't try it at first. I got the Mineralize Foundation and love the foundation so much! I was still playing with the best way to apply however... And I found the the 187 can leave it a bit streaky... *Too* streaky. A foundation brush worked the best; with a powder brush to blend/powder. But, the foundation brush definitely applied heavier than I'd have liked. So today, I went into MAC, bare faced and told the MA that I wanted to try the brush with the new foundation because I had the foundation already. Nice!! The brush is small and dense, but still has the stippling affect of the 187/188. It applies the foundation light and even, and buffs away any lines (due to the denser bristles)! I think this might be my new favorite brush! I don't want to be too hasty though because I want to see how it applies other foundation. I will update. This brush with the Mineralize Foundation though? Flawless. You get an even, "soft focus" (HD) look instantly. It's also easy to get to those areas that are usually not the easiest to get to (around the nose, on the nose right between the eyes, and under the eyes)! I adore this brush. A welcomed addition to the stippling/skunk brush family! :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find this brush does do the job really well with cream compact foundations such as StudioTech but for liquid ones, it takes far too long and is too streaky. However, I do love it for applying translucent setting powder under my eyes, it really gets all the small area's on the face and for that I'll keep it, but wouldn't die without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by tracita

i just received this today...love already...i used it with my Korres Wild Rose Liquid Foundation and it worked like a charm...it didn't take long to buff in and i find i get better coverage than with the 187 or 188 which are the brushes i was using before today. i'm buying another...it's a keeper...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by bumblebees24

Being addicted to all MAC brushes, I bought this over the weekend to try out. It's definitely denser and shorter bristles than the 188. Tried it out with a creme foundation and it took forever to buff in, not to mention a bit streaky. My hands were getting cramped after awhile. It's ok for cream blushes as well. But for those of you who already have the 109 or the kabuki brush, I'd say skip this one. The 109 can pretty much do what this can but better for contouring and buffing in foundation. I will however give it points for being able to reach the nooks and crannies around the nose, and areas above the lips since it's smaller than the 188.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 12:12:00 PM More reviews by liveandlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's great for applying liquid or cream foundations. The 187 and 188 are not dense enough for my liking, and this is perfect. My only wish is that it might have been a little broader, but otherwise it's perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by bilsy213

I just bought this brush along with the mineralize spf foundation. I like it a lot because its perfect for applying cream foundation. It is tiny and dense so you have more control of the brush. However, since it is tiny you might be buffing foundation a lot. That does not bother me at all. The only problem I have with this is it sheds a lot. Maybe I got a defective one. But I can overlook the shedding since I get flawless application of the mineralize spf foundation. I hope it stops shedding though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by GiGiBean703

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush makes a wonderful edition to my collection. Applies foundation and creme blushes like a dream. It is so dense and blends very nicely. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After seeing pictures of this brush several moths ago, I knew I had to have this brush! people have been comparing this to mac 188 brush, I would say this is more dense than the 188. It's more like the 109 and the 188 had a love child=130. This brush is great with cream foundation because it's dense, and the finish looks natural(I tried it with the mineralize satin foundation), also, I find that this works really well with cream blushes, personally I love this for the latter as I don't have a lot of time to apply a cream foundation especially in the morning, when using this to apply cream blush, the top is flat and densely packed together the results perfect! I'm considering getting a backup. This is supposed to be permanent like the 131 when it first came out, but they ended up discontinuing it

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 11:01:00 AM More reviews by bublebulle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I L.O.V.E this brush! It has so many uses - you can use it for liquid or cream foundations, cream blushes, contouring... It works efficiently on powder products as well. Though I love my 187 (also a fantastic multi-purpose brush which I love to use for a quick foundation application), I needed a shorter, denser brush to countour and/or apply my beloved cream blushes.
I wish I bought 2 of these because it seems that in Europe, the 130 will not be permanent, which is a shame. In my opinion, the 188 is not dense enough to work with creams, only liquids (the result is sheerer and less precise than with the 130).

**Edit**
I took a lippie off because I don't use it much anymore. Still a great brush but I find that for a quick and efficient application, it is a little bit too small and dense to be really efficient. I always have to use another brush to properly smooth everything out - except if I have time which is not the case every morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by joyce77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Mac 130 is a great brush, I'm currently using to apply and blend Studio fix concealer on my T-zone. The brush created a wonderful flawless foundation application, it's brilliant with liquid foundations and with creams.

Those of you who use the 109 for foundation, but don't like the small hairs it leaves on your face- this is the brush for you.

If were to describe this brush, I would say it's the lovechild of 109 and 188.

It seems that Mac have analysed how consumers use the 109 and have addressed the problems associated with brush, with regard to liquid foundation application.