December 21, 2014 | 951 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment - Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2003 4:42:00 PM More reviews by purelai

This is such a beautiful pigment!! A medium rose pink with golden shimmery particles, IMO, it even flashes a bit of violet. I like wearing it as e/s. Got a sample online and I'm planning on getting a full size at the pro store soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2003 7:27:00 PM More reviews by bloomgirl

All I can say is *wow*. If there is a pigment heaven this is it!
Rose is a gorgeous purple with a hint of fuschia and makes my brown eyes pop like crazy!
This pigment looks particulary amazing on my NC30 skin and is perfect for a night out.
It's a very versatile product and a definite must have.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2003 12:22:00 PM More reviews by chichi82582

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After hearing all the hype about Rose pigment, I was expecting some kind of miracle product! Needless to say, though pretty, Rose is not all it's cracked up to be for a few reasons. First, the texture is not as fine as many of the other pigments like Coco Beach and Vanilla. It is gritty to the point where it seems like finely milled glitter rather than a shimmer powder. This is fine for pigments like frost, where the grittiness does not matter, yet pink and gold glitter-type particles look a bit odd atop the skin. The second reason that Rose isn't quite up to par is that it isn't as versatile as you'd expect. Dark pink on the eyes looks sickly, there's no two ways about it, so I find Rose particularly hard to wear as e/s without looking ill. It is too glittery to wear as an everyday blush. The best use for rose would be to mix it w/ clear lipgloss, however, I simply do not have the time to handmix my l/g every morning. That being said, while the idea of Rose pigment is wonderful, it simply does not live up to the hype imho. I've had it for 2 months and used it maybe 2x with less than stellar results. I like other pigments much better!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2003 7:32:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

This is the only pigment that I really like and use. Very versatile, works on eyes, cheeks and lips (oh how it works on the lips!).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2003 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Cirielle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Rose pigment! I love it on my eyes! I love it on my lips and I will love to experiment more with it!
As for a previous comment where the person stated that it was gold on her lips and not dark enough...all you have to do is add a little more the l/g and bam you start to get the pink in there too!
Plus the staying power of this is awesome! I love pigments!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2003 1:17:00 PM More reviews by mirliton

I have mixed feelings about this color. On my eyes, it is very pink with chunky gold shimmer. I despise pink on my eyes unless it is very, very pale as a higligher and I was expecting a more golden color after reading the reviews. So this is a no go on my eyes. When I mix it with clear gloss, it turns mostly gold with a hint of rose. I could wear this on my lips with some lipliner to add deeper color (by itself it's too gold). I haven't tried mixing it with nail polish yet, but I think it would be beautiful and a shade I would definitely wear. So in some ways I like it, but it would take a lot of effort to make it work for me. It's not a color I would purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2003 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Sunkiss987

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Rose is one of the prettiest pigment colors. It is a golen rose color. I like applying this wet on my eyes or with lipgloss. Would definately purchase again!!!!

(I am a NC20, with hazel eyes and blonde hair)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2003 11:31:00 PM More reviews by neko_loco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would stockpile this, like water before a hurricane. Seriously. No, I mean it!

This is the most flattering and versatile shade, I honestly can't imagine it working for all skin colors in some way or another. Beautiful wet or dry on lids, it is lovely on its own, but plays well with so many other shadows! It makes the most gorgeous lipgloss, as well. This is also the one thing that my fiance has asked me to wear multiple times! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2003 5:39:00 PM More reviews by MACgirlie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow..this is everything I wanted melon pigment to be!! I know some have said that this just shows up gold on them(which melon pigment did to me),but on my MAC NC30 skin it shows up a rosey pink color with incredible gold shimmer. I love using this as an e/s..it looks gorgeous with blue eyes!! It's also very pretty mixed with some clear lipgloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2003 7:32:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

Rose is a beautiful shimmery rose shade with golden shimmer to it. It is definitely one of the more versatile shades of the pigments. I've used this mixed with clear gloss and have used a tiny bit on my cheeks as well. It's a little hard for me to wear on my eyes as it's too bright and too warm for my coloring. This jar will last you forever.