TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 8/4/2013 11:57:00 PM

i totally love this product! It gives my skin a natural glowy effect and it really lasts for a long time.=) The packaging is awesome as well as unique. I use it as a highlighter and eyeshadow.

on 8/2/2013 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is on the pricier side, however it is a very versatile product as I used it as a highlight and eyeshadow. I am close to NC40-42 and this showed up beautifully on my complexion.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

This is one of the most pigmented products I own, which could either be a good thing or bad thing for a highlighter. If you're not careful, it will literally look like a strip of champagne shimmer on your face. However, I found applying it with a fan bush is the perfect way of applying this stuff on the top of my cheekbones. It gives a beautiful sheen and blends it well, so it circumvents the whole strip of shimmer on your face. I can see where some of the reviewers find it discoball-y or way too shimmery, because it's really pigmented and you need to use a veeery light hand.

on 7/25/2013 9:03:00 PM

I wanted to like this. I really wanted to like this. But... its just way to glittery. Pros: 1. Very pigmented 2.Wearing daily... would last forever Cons: 1. Makes my face look like a glitter bomb... and yes, I only use a TINY amount! 2. Not a good face high lighter for my medium tan skin. Okay as eye hight light. 3. Emphasizes even the smallest blemish. Over all I don't love or hate this product but I certainly would not spend $24 on it again.

on 7/24/2013 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Shimmery, but not sparkly
Glowy, not oily
Yellow pale gold, not WHITE or SUPER gold

The color, texture, amount of shine is quite impressive for this 0.3 oz "loumanizer." There is a lot for this product and I purchased this when it was 50% off when they relaunched their website back in April. It was a good deal but compared to higher ended products, regular price is a fairly good deal.

I was afraid of me looking like a glitter bomb, and fortunately, that is not so! I applied it with a fan brush, and just directly placed my brush on the powder, sweep ever so slightly, and then tap the excess (see how a lot of product comes off) then slide it across the high points of my cheeks. I do it a second time but the great thing about it is that YOU definitely control the glow factor to your liking.

I also like to use a sweep on top of my eyelids for a continued glowy effect.

It is a really great starter highlighter for a powder too.

I would repurchase it but I do not know how long it will take to even finish it!
It may look like it will look glitter clumpy on your face, but fear not!

If you hate it for a highlighter/loumanizer, you'll be okay to use it as a inner corner highlight or glowy under-eyebrow

on 7/23/2013 11:12:00 AM

Love this highlighter! It is beautiful, and very pigmented. Although mine got shattered when some kids I was babysitting were throwing it around :( It is still usable though luckily! Love it!

on 7/20/2013 5:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my HG highlighter! A little goes a very long way and you want to use a very light hand while applying. So happy I decided to purchase this!

on 7/19/2013 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Gorgeous highlighter - the best I have tried! This is 100 times better than NARS albatross which appeared metallic and too golden yellow on my skin. It was also quite chunky and not finely milled like this one. It gives such a gorgeous golden champagne sheen...very pretty. Use a light hand as it is pigmented. It's so smooth and I love the sturdy packaging.

on 7/18/2013 11:27:00 AM

i tried this product once (couple of years ago), i ordered it home from an internet web site, and i was very disappointed! i was trying and trying to apply it,but no color reflex or shine came on the skin from it,like cheap kids makeup or something!..it was really an weird product i thought,later i have heard so many good things about it..Now i wonder if i got an product that was expired on the date.i just tossed it out after a while..i have quite light skin so it should have shown up at my skin ..not even in bright daylight could i see a differense...

on 7/18/2013 10:53:00 AM

This is my first ever highlighter and I've been loving it since I bought it about a month ago. I use it mainly under my brow bone and lightly on my cheeks. It applies really well and blends out pretty nicely. It doesn't give any color and it doesn't look glittery. It just adds beautiful shine. And the package is really, really pretty.

Top Rated TheBalm Products