April 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Eyeliner - Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'll agree with the previous comments in that this is a really nice liner. I found it applied easily, but not being a liquid liner pro, found it was easy to make a mistake and HARD to correct it...but, my fault for lack of skill. Trooper is a really intense black, and I found I didn't need a second coat to get good color payoff...however I usually ended up applying a second coat to correct mistakes. Technically, the best liquid liner I've tried...however if you are just experimenting and don't want to pay the hideous price, NYX makes a very nice liquid liner in the same pen form with a slightly different tip...it's not as intense nor does it have the same color payoff, but for a drugstore product and price, it's a very nice substitution,

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 4:55:00 AM More reviews by mskrystale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me just start off my saying....this liner ROCKS!! Heck yes!! I got in in Trooper and love it! It easy to apply, is water proof, smudge proof, and doesn't dry or crack. I reccomend this to EVERYONE!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by awnoblitt

I have this in Trooper and Lapdance. I love both! They stay on all day (I use UDPP as a base) and look great. I have hooded lids, so rub off has always been an issue - but not with this liner. The tip is great for creating thin or thick lines, depending on pressure and how you hold it. Very easy to use!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by shi1

Let's start off by saying, I have asian eyes that love to smudge eyeliners! I'm happy to say that this eyeliner does not budge! The brush applicator also makes it easy to draw a very fine line. It's a bit pricey, but if smudging is a problem for you I highly recommend it!

EDIT: the tricky thing with this type of liner is that the tip seems to dry out. The same thing happened with my Physician's Formula liquid liner. I have found that you need to clean the tip with some makeup remover and every now and then. Its a hassle, yes, but its better than throwing a perfectly good eyeliner away!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by hanako283

I bought this eyeliner, loved it, switched to Maybelline's gel liner, then came back. No regrets, and it's here to stay!
I am extremely clumsy when it comes to applying eyeliner, whether it's liquid OR pencil, but the Tattoo Liner is really, really easy to apply thanks to the felt tip. It also stays on like no other. I have really oily lids, yet this liner stays on all day - no fading, smudges, etc.
The only bad thing I could find about it is that it may be a little streaky during application, but waiting a few seconds between each 'coats' helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by canderson54

Love love love this eyeliner!!! I have it in trooper, and the colour is a really nice black black, and it is so easy to use. It has never cracked on me, lasts all day and I have oily skin, and it just looks fabulous. It worked just as well when I didn't use a primer. I have only used it on my top eye line so far, I'm not big in using eyeliner on the bottom so not sure how it lasts there. I am heading back to sephora to probably get in other colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by lashortynena86

I don't know if it's just my skin, i'm light skinned but a bit tanned..but this eyeliner is really black on me..i learned to use liquid eyeliner so easily with this one...the color stays soooo welll on me! I only use it for the top eyelid though...i don't know if that means anything but i DOUBT it would stay on my lower lash line...my skin is pretty oilly.$18 is pretty pricey but I believe it's worth it..and sephora's return policy is sooo great..they'll take anything back months later, even without a receipt. So, try it, you can't lose either way!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 9:47:00 AM More reviews by natalielouiseee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Hmmm.
Undecided as to whether I like this.
Its very easy to apply, etc. But, it smudges.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the most fool-proof, beginner-friendly liquid liner I have ever used in my life. You just lay the felt-tip pen against your lashline and viola, you have a perfect cat-eye in seconds. I will use this liner in the mornings before work and anytime I'm in a hurry. In my experience felt-tip liners are never that black. You probably won't get a jet-black line but if you go over it a couple times it will get really dark. Occasionally the pen will dry out and you have to shake it really hard 4-5 times, and then the color will come back. After wearing it out for a night it smudged above my eyelids a couple times and my friend told me I had eyeliner smudged above my eye. I found myself having to wipe above my eyelid every hour or two like I do when I wear pencil. Even though this liner isn't perfect I'm amazed at how quick and easy the application is, so I rated it a 3.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by tazzzzzy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tried this eyeliner because i needed a liquid eyeliner to create the cat's eye look that i never grew out of,lol.
Its not bad,but I will keep searching.
Pros
gentle on the eyes
goes on easily, nice to work with
the black color has a little bit of shimmer effect to it

Cons
the black , isn't black enough
it doesn't last all day, smudges under the eyes