April 17, 2014 | 1362 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

First of all I have been blessed with good skin. Combination type but almost blemish free most of the time. I have been using the normal face brush I normally purchase from Shiseido, Body Shop,or manicare these past couple of years so black head is not a problem for me. But the "clean six times better" from the Clarisonic adv got to me. So I bought the Mia 2 yesterday and I have to say it bring the word 'clean' to a couple of levels above my routine these years. I noticed the change straight after ONE day (twice by the time I wrote this review). I woke up without the normal oily T-zone..but bright smooooooth skin. It is so noticable my young son touch my face and said "Mom...it is soooo smoooth". And kids don't lie! I am happy and will keep continue using this. Oh..and it is true what they say about how easy the skincare glide into the skin afterward. So I believe my skin has a better "digestion" now...

=Update after 3 months uses=
I have been reducing the usage to every second days. My skin is almost too thin and dry to the touch. I experience sensitivity almost everytime after using the clarisonic (original sensitive brush head) now although maybe the winter weather might also increase the skin sensitivity. Clarisonic will always be my staple cleansing tool but I think I have to be more sensible at how it touches my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by HaulOfFame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

After combing through the reviews about the Clarisonic Mia, I decided to pick one up and try it out about a year ago. I had been using the Olay Pro-x and decided that I would see if the Clarisonic would make any difference in my skin. I have very oily, blemish prone skin with large pores. I was looking to improve the clarity of my skin and hopefully help the appearance of my pores. This hasn't made any difference in my skin. I didn't have any outrageous expectations either. After about 3-4 months I had a bit of buyers remorse and regretted this purchase to the point I thought of selling it. I didn't want to waste my money, so I've been using it nightly to remove my makeup along with my oil cleanser. It does a great job at removing makeup, but I can't say much else. I have tried a total of three different brush heads and I didn't find that any of them made a difference. I do love that it is waterproof and that I can keep it in the shower. If my Mia broke tomorrow, I would not repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Missylou80

I was a little skeptical before buying this product, with the price and all. But I read reviews and decided to buy it, and.. Well.. My results weren't what I hoped for. Everyone claims it is a, "miraculous invention that has saved my skin!" And I was disappointed that it didn't work for me. I can admit that it got everything out cause my skin felt clean, but my acne didn't really improve. It helped somewhat, but I still have my acne. I would maybe recommend it, but there are companies that sell much cheaper ones that give similar results. I didn't care for the price, and also the replacement heads break my bank. So I would really think it over, and if you have the money to buy it and the money to keep replacing the heads every 3 months.. Well then the floors all yours.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by idkwhattoput

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Just a little warning before you use this product - I had read a few places that people said this was an excellent facial makeup remover. Well that is a big, fat LIE. If you use the brush to do so, the makeup dirties up the brush, and the dirty brush will clog your pores and break you out, and is very hard to wash out.

So make sure to remove your makeup before use, I would recommend the Burt's Bees Towlettes for removing foundation.

ANYWAYS, this brush is ... ehh, okay. I used to use it every day, but I have very sensitive skin so to lessen irritation, I tried only every other night. After about 6 months of use I just realized it just wasn't doing much for my skin.

It is also very expensive, and you must buy a new brush head every 3 months, so there goes $100 for every year of use. For the price of this I really don't think it's worth it. My Konjac sponge, only $9, has done much more for my skin in just a week than this has for months.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 3:39:00 AM More reviews by jadelianne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was very wary of buying the Clarisonic Mia; early on I had chalked it up to yet another over hyped, over priced product. On a whim after a big pay cheque I purchased this product from my local Sephora. It has exceeded my expectations in every way. The hype is 100% deserved. I have extremely oily skin but also suffer from eczema and dry patches. This completely took care of the horrific flakiness I thought I was doomed with for the remainder of my existence. My skin is smooth, and while I haven't seen that is has reduced the oiliness of my skin, it certainly hasn't increased it which is really as much as I can ever ask for. I went from a skeptic to longer believing life without my Mia was possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by taromo

Don't let the price tag on this scare you, it really is worth the money. I'd wanted to try the Mia out for years but hesitated buying it for so long because of the price. However, I was getting tired of how horrible my skin looked especially with make up on. The make up always looked so cakey and crusted and after doing some research I realized the cause of this is all the dead skins cells on my face that need to be exfoliated. I've tried other forms of exfoliation such as salicylic acid (really irritates my skin so much that it causes more breakouts), exfoliating with baking soda (just doesn't really do the job that well), and the Olay brush (also doesn't really do the job well enough). Even with all the good reviews I was still a little skeptical about the Mia and worried that it would be a huge waste of money but because of the refund policy I decided to finally buy it knowing I could return it if I didn't like it. Well I really wish I had bought the Mia much sooner. It truly is AMAZING!!! After using it your face looks like it has a new layer of glowing skin on it. Makeup looks sooo much better and skin glows and feels so much cleaner. I very much recommend this product. It really goes work wonders!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by syazbh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

No regrets buying it..can see a different after a week of using it..im in luv with it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because of the hype and it has a 90 day money back guarantee. I have very sensitive skin so it does from dry to oily and then in addition is prone to breakouts. I was trying every OTC and RX I could to fix my skin. In comes the Clarisonic Mia. My skin is happy and healthy. My skin has regulated its oil production so I'm not bouncing from extremes. It is expensive...but skin care is important to me. Also I use Mary Kay Time wise with the mia and I'm sure that has something to do with it. I had NO purging with this. Any pimples I had prior to buying this have cleared quicker.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by ToriexBotts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got my blue Clarisonic Mia a month ago, and I've been using it twice a day every day. I have normal, with slightly dry skin. My dry patches usually occur on and around my nose. I wanted this product mostly to just really clean my skin, get rid of those dry patches, and to have my products absorb better. And it does exactly that! My patches are gone, my skin tone is becoming more even, my skin feels softer, cleaner, and just looks so much more healthy! People told me that this will perge my skin. Basically making it worse before it gets better. That didn't happen to me, but that doesn't mean it can't happen to you! All I have to say is do your homework on this product. If you're planning on investing this kinda money on a cleanser, make sure you know EVERYTHING about it so there is not a doubt in your mind :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by VEODJW111

I bought my Clarisonic Mia 2 about 2 months ago and I really like it a lot. I like the timed cleaning and how it makes my skin feel. I use Purity cleanser and use it in the shower. I get facials once a month and was told to use the Clarisonic every other day. ( I bought my machine from Macys) I feel like my skin is smoother and less bumpy. I have whiteheads in my T zone and I think using the Mia 2 has helped that. I think the key to using the Clarisonic is moderation. Dont use it if you have put harsh treatments on your face and dont get overzealous when you use it. I think every other day is enough.