December 21, 2014 | 1552 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by emilyh8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased the Clarisonic after reading so many positive reviews about it. I love this product! I have been using it for about 4 and a half months. I have extremely acne prone skin and a lot of blackheads and congestion around my nose. I read so many reviews that said that the Clarisonic will help clear this. This was not wrong, after about 3 weeks I saw a noticeable improvement in reduced blackheads and my skin looked remarkabley cleaner and clearer. I still get bad break outs but they're just hormonal. My skin looks healthier and glows after using the Clarisonic. I find that my skin creams are absorbed a lot better after using the Clarisonic!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by holmqpj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A little about me...I didn't start getting acne until I was 20 and it was always isolated to my chin area. I would get 2-4 per month and they were huge and took weeks to shrink. I had excellent success with birth control pills, antibiotics, and Retinoids over the years. I don't have a problem paying for high end or prescription products if I believe they will help my skin. But at age 33 I began to worry about the side effects and long term consequences of taking these pills. I decided to stop taking them and experienced some pretty horrendous breakouts. I kept using my Atralin, but alone it didn't seem too effective on the acne. I still use it for anti-aging though. I added in Panoxy 4 and La Roche Posay effaclar duo (US version). These helped but I still wanted that perfect antibiotic/birth control complexion I'd had all those years.

So about 6 months ago, I did it! I bought the clarisonic mia and the acne brush head. It took about a month for everything to even out. My skin hasn't been this consistently clear since I was a teenager. I still get a little zit here and there if I get lazy and don't keep up with my regimen, but these are tiny, concealable, and clear within a day or two.

A side note...In the past i've had a lot of issues with sensitivity and redness. I avoided Benzoyl Peroxide and Clarisonic for years because of my concerns and bad reviews. I still can't tolerate certain formulations, but for some reason i've never had any issues with these products. At the most, I get a little dry and flaky, but even that is a rarity and nothing a little moisturizer won't fix.

Good luck!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by dustdrops

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using my Mia for a year and I had my ups and downs with it. I initially didn't like it because I thought it wasn't working. When i first used it I liked how it made my skin feel, which was soft and smooth. I didn't experience the "purging" phase that most people experienced, which probably contributed to my thinking that it wasn't working. However, the Mia just does what it claims to do, which is to clean your skin very well. It also helps the products that you use after to fully absorb into your skin, thus making them work their best. It's not supposed to clear acne because it's a brush.

If you use the right products for your skin type, the brush will make those products work the way they're supposed to. Now I get compliments on my skin and even though my skin isn't perfect, it's definitely a lot clearer and smoother than 5 years ago. Most of the time I don't need to wear foundation anymore, perhaps just concealer for any stubborn hyperpigmentation. Even if I do have to wear foundation for special occasions, a sheer coverage one works well to perfect my skin. My favorite brush head is the Acne brush.

Despite giving this 5 stars, I actually see this as more of a 4.5 because of its price. Clarisonic brushes all work well but they're very expensive. The brush heads aren't cheap either. The Skinsonic by Sirius Beauty works just as well as the Clarisonic. However, I didn't completely take off a star because the Mia is very durable. God only knows how much I've dropped this thing and yet I only have one scratch on it haha.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Sarahjuang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use the Exposed skincare line and before that I used proactiv, when I was using these kits, I felt that progress was extremely slow, so I bought the Clarisonic Mia hoping that it could help my skin and it really does! I can tell an immediate difference in my skin when I use my Clarisonic. It can be a drag, especially when it is late at night and I am super tired, but it really cleanses my skin extremely thoroughly and helps keep my acne under control. I would buy this again, even though it was extremely expensive, because I feel that if I didn't continue using it, my skin would keep getting worse no matter what face wash or lotion I used. I can't say that I know anything else similar to this that is good because I haven't tried any other product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by latviangirl4567

Ok. So I've heard a lot of good and bad review about it because I kept hearing so many people talk about it! I really wanted it from what I was hearing. So I finally got it and let me tell you, you are going to LOVE it! Like for real, I can't go a day with out it. Your skin is just going to look sooo much better and brighter. And if you have acne scars, those will go away because mine did and I was so surprised! Plus, it also clears up your acne! I stopped using it for a bit and my skin got worse so I defenately knew that I had to keep using it. Go get it now!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by littledebs2011

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have wanted to get this for a long time but hesitated due to its price. I saved my SDM points and finally got it. Now that I have it I love it. I take good care of my skin with aha, retinol lotion and sunscreen and didn't think this would make such a difference. I was wrong. My skin is smooth as baby's bum!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by ksenkler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have friends who love the Clarisonic products. I decided to go ahead and purchase one. I purchased the Clairsonic Mia. When I first started using it I followed the instructions, twice a day yada yada. Then my skin started to purge...so I thought. I ended up with clogged pores, pimples and cystic acne. I thought this was just an initial stage and would pass. I dropped down to using it once a day, then once a week, then every couple weeks, then I stopped using it and my skin greatly improved. This was about a year ago. For some reason a few weeks ago I decided to try it again as I was having some hormonal break-outs. Bad idea. Back to the same issues. Never again.

While I am sure this works for some people, for those of us with acne prone skin it can be a nightmare. I wish I had purchased the lesser priced Olay spin brush since it didn't work out anyway.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by wq13

MY SKIN DESCRIPTION: I have very dry skin in the winter, but in the summer, it is combination (my nose gets very very oily). I've never really struggled with acne, BUT during that time of the month, I will sometimes get one of those huge cystic pimples (those suckers last for like, 2 weeks!!). My forehead sometimes gets those red little zits, but those honestly don't bother me at all. My cheeks have never, ever had acne before, but they do sometimes get dry and peel, or get itchy and dry. My nose is the oiliest part of my face, and it usually the place that gets pimples during that time of the month. I do have a few dry patches here and there sometimes, but overall, my skin is usually clear.
I've been wanting this for a VERY long time and finally made the purchase a few months ago. I was so excited when the package arrived, I literally ran outside and jumped for joy! Well, anyway, I went back inside and ripped the box open, revealing my beautiful Clarisonic Mia. I couldn't stop staring at how cute it was! Mine has a pink flower design on it, and it's super cute! That's a minor detail though.
At first, I used the Clarisonic twice a day, simply because I liked using it and it was brand new, so I was just excited. I soon realized that it was too much for my skin. My skin broke out in a rash on the side of my face and my cheeks became dry (yes, I have dry skin, but my cheeks are usually only dry during the wintertime). So, I decided only to use it at night and that fixed all my problems! My morning routine is really simple - I rinse my face with cold water, pat dry with a towel, then use a gentle cleansing toner and moisturize. My night routine is a bit more exciting - I get in the shower and place my Clarisonic in the shower caddy, wet my face with warm water, remove my makeup with Philosophy's Purity, wet the Clarisonic brush head and use with Simple's moisturizing cleanser.
Remember not to leave your Clarisonic in the shower to dry!!! The shower always moist and won't allow the brush to dry thoroughly, which encourages bacteria and mold to grow! I always take my clarisonic out of the shower, dry it with a clean towel, and then remove the brush head to allow it to dry fully. I usually leave it on the bathroom counter. Once every week or two, I soak the brush head in hydrogen peroxide to kill bacteria and prevent mold.
I'm so happy I purchased the Clarisonic. It was a great addition to my skin care routine. It helps any pimples or spots I have clear up faster and completely got rid of my dry patches!!! My moisturizer is more effective and my skin feels great. It's moisturized, smooth, and soft. I say that if you really want a Clarisonic, just try it out. Most places will allow you to return it if it doesn't work out for you. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have had the Mia for over a year, I have used it many times, I do like it. However I cannot say this is a "must have" product. I have also been told by two dermatologists to be careful with it and only use it once or twice per week, as using it every day is not recommended. I purchased the acne brush head, and acne face wash really hoping this would help. I am sad to report I did not notice any results using the Mia once or twice a week as my dermatologist recommended. It feels great on the skin and I usually do two clicks of the timer button for my face and neck. For those of you that had results for acne that is awesome. Sadly I did not notice any benefits.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Cmappelt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sounds shallow, but it changed my life. I've suffered from acne for 20 years, and when I say suffered I literally mean suffered. Huge, painful cysts along my jawline that stayed around for weeks and would not pop. One that kept coming back in the middle of my forehead, right before big events. Some that would disfigure my chin. Even in the hot Texas summer sun, I would not wear my hair in a ponytail because people would as what happened to my jawline. Along with that there's the oily grease pit within an hour of putting on makeup, plus blackheads around the nose and the gross discoloration plus scars from my battle with the cysts. Dermatologists kept giving me prescriptions for retin-A which my insurance would not pay for and I can't shell out $400 for that. One day I ask my friend what she has been doing to clear up her face. It's become common for me to just come out and ask people with clear skin what they're doing. She told me to get the Mia. Never even heard of it I say. Well I go out and get sticker shock. Didn't think a brush would do the trick. I decided to be cheap and order a "Mia" off eBay. Do not make this mistake. I used it for two weeks with no results because turns out it was a big FAKE! Returned it and bought the real thing from Sephora. Used it with any and every cleanser I had. Three weeks later, after using it twice a day with literally any cleanser, my skin is clear. My scars are healing and all I need is a light brush of mineral makeup and blush. Pores are smaller, blackheads gone. I've wasted thousands on acne kits and medications when all I've needed is a good cleansing and exfoliating tool like this. I use the deep pore brush head, but if you have active acne I'd suggest the acne brush because it's extremely gentle. This is a long review but I hardly ever get this impressed with a product, in fact I'm usually let down by expensive things. But this little machine is worth every bit what I paid and I highly recommend it.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No